THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• B-West released
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    LT would be a great fit here if B-West isn't back imo. Think about it he says all he wants is to compete for a title now. He won't require big money at all and he'll back up shady mccoy. He's a GREAT BLOCKER and catches the ball out the back field very well too. He wouldn't be coming here to be the man in any way and i think he relieves what he is now. Sign him to a 1-2yr deal and see what happens. It's a win win situation with him because he'll provide good leadership and if he dosen't pan out then it only cost u pennies.

cut one washed up running back and pick up another? not sure about that...
    www.myspace.com
  • B-West released

So sad

One of my all time favorite players

You'll be missed B-West
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LT would be a great fit here if B-West isn't back imo. Think about it he says all he wants is to compete for a title now. He won't require big money at all and he'll back up shady mccoy. He's a GREAT BLOCKER and catches the ball out the back field very well too. He wouldn't be coming here to be the man in any way and i think he relieves what he is now. Sign him to a 1-2yr deal and see what happens. It's a win win situation with him because he'll provide good leadership and if he dosen't pan out then it only cost u pennies.

Why not its a no brainer he'd be a every 3rd possession rb. And what 2 things must a rb be able to do in this offensive???? Block and catch LT might have lost alot of steps but he still can block and catch just as well. 1-2 million why not take a chance Shady will be your main back and when he's gassed lt would be a fine back up.
    Go Birds!!!!
    B-West released

So sad

You'll be missed B-West

yeah...really amazing how far rb's fall off after turning 30.

good luck b west!
    www.myspace.com
  • B-West released

So sad

You'll be missed B-West
    He will but it was time to go for sure. From what i heard they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut. They just didn't want him around anymore
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    I hope Westbrook is smart and just calls it a career now. Don't hang on and screw up your later years. Great career and true warrior for the Birds.
    LT would be a great fit here if B-West isn't back imo. Think about it he says all he wants is to compete for a title now. He won't require big money at all and he'll back up shady mccoy. He's a GREAT BLOCKER and catches the ball out the back field very well too. He wouldn't be coming here to be the man in any way and i think he relieves what he is now. Sign him to a 1-2yr deal and see what happens. It's a win win situation with him because he'll provide good leadership and if he dosen't pan out then it only cost u pennies.

Why not its a no brainer he'd be a every 3rd possession rb. And what 2 things must a rb be able to do in this offensive???? Block and catch LT might have lost alot of steps but he still can block and catch just as well. 1-2 million why not take a chance Shady will be your main back and when he's gassed lt would be a fine back up.

because he's gonna be 32 years old and he averaged 3.3 yards a carry last year. we cut b west for the same reasons he was cut the other day. picking him up would not make much sense to me.

i think some lower tier team will give him more $ to start too. he probably thinks he can still do that. that would not be his role here.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks wrote:
    I hope Westbrook is smart and just calls it a career now. Don't hang on and screw up your later years. Great career and true warrior for the Birds.

Probably not

You know how stubborn these athletes are

He's gonna try and prove something and get his bell rung again like Lindros

• With his long-expected release finally coming on Monday, Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson is now focused on his next move.

"It was a longtime coming, but I knew it was coming," Tomlinson told Jim Trotter of SI.com. "Now that it's official I can kind of look to the next step in my career and playing football for someone else."

Though he named no teams, Tomlinson said that his primary goal "is to try to win a championship."

"That's my No. 1 goal," he said. "That's why I still work hard and train like I do, because I still believe there's a chance of winning a championship. I can think of a few teams off the top of my head, but that's what my agent is for."

The only factor Tomlinson articulated is the presence of a "proven quarterback."

Trotter points to the Eagles and Patriots as teams that could use help at the position. After a playoff loss in January 2007, Tomlinson teed off on the Pats and coach Bill Belichick, but Tomlinson has since explained that he and Belichick mended fences. Or bridges. Or whatever the hell the cliche is.

Meanwhile, various remaining employees of the Chargers franchise have talked about the development, with partial transcripts of the remarks available at SportsRadioInterviews.com.

Said quarterback Philip Rivers on XX 1090 in San Diego, "It's always tough any time you lose a teammate, whether that be a trade, free agency or in this case after an unbelievable nine-year career here with the Chargers. L.T., what he's meant to this organization and this community, is really unmatched. What he did on the field speaks for itself, and the No. 21 jerseys and the kids and people that he's affected, unbelievable. I'm sure those No. 21 jerseys will continue to be rampant in that stadium for many, many years."

Former teammate Lorenzo Neal predicts that Tomlinson will have a major impact wearing No. 21 in a new city.

"Think about a cat," Neal told XX 1090. "They're always running, they don't like it. But if you get a cat and you push him in that corner, and that cat's got a fight. Oh my, be careful. Wrap up your hands because you're going to come out with some scars and some cuts. I think LaDainian now, he's pushed in a corner.

"Everyone's looking at him. LaDainian, is he done? This is a man that lives for that type of moment. And I think that you will see LaDanian come back from in the corner from the beginning, from the opening day, and I think that this guy -- given the right opportunity, going to the right office that suits him and believes in his passion -- I think LaDanain Tomlinson will finish in the top five to six in rushing this next year, if that right opportunity presents itself, and barring injuries."

The big question, in our view, is whether Tomlinson will properly match his financial expectations with his opportunities. Too many aging players want to be paid for what they have done, not for what they can still do. And the praise that comes with a great career often makes the player too proud to be paid like a middle-of-the-pack performer.

Even if he now is.

See thats were your wrong he wants a title he's already gotten his money. No team will be dumb enough to over pay him. Cause as u said he's almost done thus giving him one last hoorah at a title. IMO he'd be a great fit here for 1yr at the right price. One last time is he A good blocker?? One last time is he good at catching the ball out the backfield??? And as we all know thats a MAJOR MAJOR thing a RB does in this offensive.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • B-West released

So sad

You'll be missed B-West

good luck b west!

Their careers go by so fast

I think the average career for a rb is like 4 seasons ?

Thats crazy

good luck b west!

Thats crazy

once they hit 30 its like they fall off a cliff. that's why i don't understand why jammingpearls wants lt so bad.
    www.myspace.com
  • good luck b west![/quote]

Thats crazy[/quote][/quote]

once they hit 30 its like they fall off a cliff. that's why i don't understand why jammingpearls wants lt so bad.[/quote]

Because your asking him to be a role player not a starter. All i'm sayn is if he has anything left in the tank he'd fit are Off very good.
    Go Birds!!!!
    dude if they were going to do something like that, they would have asked b west to take a huge pay cut for the same thing....
    www.myspace.com
  • dude if they were going to do something like that, they would have asked b west to take a huge pay cut for the same thing....
    He fought way to hard for that contract to just be like ok take it away from me so i can stay here. You remember all the bs between him and the front office.
    Go Birds!!!!
    dude if they were going to do something like that, they would have asked b west to take a huge pay cut for the same thing....
    He fought way to hard for that contract to just be like ok take it away from me so i can stay here. You remember all the bs between him and the front office.

i dont think there is any animosity there at all. they gave him a very lucrative deal for his age at the time.

we're better off finding a younger, bigger back to compliment mccoy or even picking one up in the 3rd or 4th round.
    www.myspace.com
  • dude if they were going to do something like that, they would have asked b west to take a huge pay cut for the same thing....

i dont think there is any animosity there at all. they gave him a very lucrative deal for his age at the time.

we're better off finding a younger, bigger back to compliment mccoy or even picking one up in the 3rd or 4th round.

Any free agents we can bring in to take some of the load off Shady ?

Weaver still needs to be re-signed I know that

Any free agents we can bring in to take some of the load off Shady ?

Weaver still needs to be re-signed I know that

i haven't really looked at anything yet....weaver's a restricted free agent. so if the eagles lose him, then shame on them.
    www.myspace.com
  • Lendale white,chester taylor off the top of my head leon washington and maybe willie parker not positive bout lkast 2.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Lendale white,chester taylor off the top of my head leon washington and maybe willie parker not positive bout lkast 2.

lendale white? i would take him. he is unresctricted?
    www.myspace.com
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    #36, you were the most complete RB since Faulk. You did it all homie! ;)
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Here is a great interview with Westbrook from ESPN radio in Philly

http://www.philly.com/philly/videoplayl ... natic.html
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Haven't posted in the eagles thread in a long time. I think the last time was in december...I vaguely remember getting into it with the jaegler about how mcnabb would never win in philly and they need to deal him (the details are fuzzy...booze is great).

Anyway, here is my wishlist to fix the mess that ended 2009 in disappointing fashion. I pretty much agree with The Jaegler's list of offseason needs.

1 - Draft and sign 2 CBs. The secondary was exposed in the final 2 games of the season. There were issues throughout the year due to injury, inexperience, and just shitty play in general (yeah, I'm looking at you Mikell). I think they should finally move Sheldon Brown to FS, where he belongs. The available FS's in this years' draft all bring questions marks, except for Eric Berry, who will be long gone by the time the eagles pick. There is no point in taking a safety in the first 2 rounds if they are not convinced that the player they take can start right away. I'd love to see them make a play for Danta Robinson, the unrestricted CB from Houston. He is already a top NFL corner and he is in his prime (I believe he's 27 years old). Use a top 3 round draft pick on another corner to add depth and they have rebuilt their secondary.

2010 starters...

CBs - Samuel, rookie/FA, with Hanson as the nickel guy...wouldn't kill them to draft 2 guys in the top 3 rounds since they have extra picks (like they did back in the sheppard, brown year).
    FS - Brown
    SS - Mikell (back where he belongs)

2 - Draft/sign a DE. I'd love edwards or peppers, but who knows how much they will command with the uncapped year. The Birds have been pretty shitty at drafting DEs, but this draft is supposed to be deep with defensive lineman. I'd like to see them use a high pick on a DE and sign a FA.

3 - Draft/sign a RB. Whoever said sign LT must not watch much NFL football. That dude was shot 2 years ago. And your 3rd RB needs to play special teams, which LT sure as hell won't do (or be effective doing). Weaver is versatile to play in a one or two back set, so they could get away with only adding one guy here and keeping buckley (who's really just a body on offense, but was solid on specials last year).

I wouldn't be shocked to see them sign chester taylor. Or leon washington, who is coming off of a nasty injury, but is a major threat on kickoffs if healthy.

4 - Bring in some O-line competition. The Andrews brothers need to have fires lit under their fat asses. As frustrating as those 2 are, the eagles have invested a lot of money in them and need them to contribute next year. The line was a mess once Jackson went down (and wasn't great before he went down -- see Oakland game). Can't win football games without a solid o-line. Whether it's thru the draft or FA, they need to add depth.

5 - Draft a LB. Need depth as bradley rehabs. I'd love to see the gocong era come to an end. That dude just flat out blows. If bradley is healthy (a big if), this unit could be OK with witherspoon, bradley, jordan...but they could use some depth.

6 - Draft a punter. I know it sounds crazy, but Rocca is just too inconsistent. Hopefully Danny Smith will have some influence and they will draft someone late (6th or 7th round). Morestead made a big difference on kickoffs for the saints...he was a guy they actually traded up for last year. Akers is getting old and could use a rest on kickoffs...rocca is too inconsistent. Bringing in a big leg to punt and kickoff would help out the STs.

Eagles have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds...I hope they take 2 DBs, a DE, a RB, an OL and a LB with those 6 early round picks (then the punter pick in the 6th or 7th).

As for the QB situation. Obviously they need to trade vick in the next 2 weeks before his roster bonus kicks in. No point in keeping a guy who is more hype than talent...especially when they have 2 QBs that are better. I'd love to see them trade mcnabb (I don't expect them to get more than a 2 and lower level or extra pick in 2011 or beyond -- but who knows with reid. he's the guy that turned AJ Feeley into a 2nd rounder). I think mcnabb is the QB in 2010. This means another year without the SB, but who knows what they have in kolb (the guy that has played 2.5 games in his NFL career). I'd love to see them turn the team over to kolb, but I think reid will do that when the time is right.

If nothing else it should be an exciting offseason...they hit on a few draft picks and signings and they will be primed for another SB run.
  • 3 - Draft/sign a RB. Whoever said sign LT must not watch much NFL football. That dude was shot 2 years ago. And your 3rd RB needs to play special teams, which LT sure as hell won't do (or be effective doing). Weaver is versatile to play in a one or two back set, so they could get away with only adding one guy here and keeping buckley (who's really just a body on offense, but was solid on specials last year

Well that would be me and i'm pretty sure i watch more football then 99% on the US population. Yes LT isn't what u used to be at all. But if u go look at the SD Chargers last year they couldn't run the ball to save there life period. Darren Sproles had a shit year running the ball as well. 93carries 343yds and 3 td's for a 3.7ypc. LT 223 carries 730yds and 12td's. So if me(the guy who dosen't watch football) knows that sd offensive line sucked all year running the ball maybe u should then as well. Weaver is a full back,yes he can do spot duty very well as a rb but he is a full back. So Lt would be your #2 thus your correct your #3 should be on special teams. Elderly Buckley can stay on special teams and contribute there instead of getting stuffed almost every time he touched the ball. The Eagles have always been a team that has a hard time getting the short hard,LT is still very effective at being a short yardage back hence his 12 Rushing TD's. If the price is right and LT excepts his role as a back up let me say it again
    He would be a perfect fit here getting short yards blocking and catching the ball out the backfield. And if u don't see that U MUST NOT WATCH OR UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. :shock: :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 1,6,10,3,20,1,1,3,4,1,1,1 I'd say he's still a damn good goal line back. The guy even when he had his worst nfl season still owned the endzone inside the 6.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    I don't follow this thread so much but I needed a place to say...I'm fucking sad BW is gone- he got me excited about Eagles football.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
    1,6,10,3,20,1,1,3,4,1,1,1 I'd say he's still a damn good goal line back. The guy even when he had his worst nfl season still owned the endzone inside the 6.

what are you talking about? what do all those numbers mean?
    www.myspace.com
  • 1,6,10,3,20,1,1,3,4,1,1,1 I'd say he's still a damn good goal line back. The guy even when he had his worst nfl season still owned the endzone inside the 6.

There the yardages he ran for td's this past season.10 of the 12 are from 6yds or closer.
    Go Birds!!!!
    1,6,10,3,20,1,1,3,4,1,1,1 I'd say he's still a damn good goal line back. The guy even when he had his worst nfl season still owned the endzone inside the 6.

There the yardages he ran for td's this past season.10 of the 12 are from 6yds or closer.

here's a number for you: 3.3!

the guy's done!

remember emmitt smith on the cardinals? that's what we have here.
    www.myspace.com
  • what are you talking about? what do all those numbers mean?[/quote]
    There the yardages he ran for td's this past season.10 of the 12 are from 6yds or closer.[/quote]

here's a number for you: 3.3!

the guy's done!

remember emmitt smith on the cardinals? that's what we have here.[/quote]

Darren Sproles had a shit year running the ball as well. 93carries 343yds and 3 td's for a 3.7ypc. So's darren sproles is done as well and emmitt with arizona was brought in to be the starter buddy. Thats what u seem to not understand and i'm suprised bye that.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.