THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    3 - Draft/sign a RB. Whoever said sign LT must not watch much NFL football. That dude was shot 2 years ago. And your 3rd RB needs to play special teams, which LT sure as hell won't do (or be effective doing). Weaver is versatile to play in a one or two back set, so they could get away with only adding one guy here and keeping buckley (who's really just a body on offense, but was solid on specials last year

Well that would be me and i'm pretty sure i watch more football then 99% on the US population. Yes LT isn't what u used to be at all. But if u go look at the SD Chargers last year they couldn't run the ball to save there life period. Darren Sproles had a shit year running the ball as well. 93carries 343yds and 3 td's for a 3.7ypc. LT 223 carries 730yds and 12td's. So if me(the guy who dosen't watch football) knows that sd offensive line sucked all year running the ball maybe u should then as well. Weaver is a full back,yes he can do spot duty very well as a rb but he is a full back. So Lt would be your #2 thus your correct your #3 should be on special teams. Elderly Buckley can stay on special teams and contribute there instead of getting stuffed almost every time he touched the ball. The Eagles have always been a team that has a hard time getting the short hard,LT is still very effective at being a short yardage back hence his 12 Rushing TD's. If the price is right and LT excepts his role as a back up let me say it again
    He would be a perfect fit here getting short yards blocking and catching the ball out the backfield. And if u don't see that U MUST NOT WATCH OR UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. :shock: :shock:

LT is done bro...you can blame whoever you want for his ineffectiveness. I'd rather have dorsey levens back than sign that shitheap. There are plenty of better options than LT for backup RB. Someone that watches as much football as you claim should know this instantly.

not trying to get into a pissing contest...just saying signing a washed up LT would be a bad move. there are better ways to allocate their resources.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    marlin jackson for 2 years.

i like it. low risk, high reward.

i have a lot of friends who are furious at the birds for not being too agressive thus far. however all the free agents that were available last week were older and asking for too much cash than they were worth. i would have liked to have had peppers. but the bears are more desperate without any high draft picks and they gave him a ridiculous amount of money. to me, there was not one slam dunk free agent out there who we should be mad they didn't sign. all of them had some warts.

there's supposed to be a 2nd wave of free agency before the draft. i expect them to be active with that. they're always pretty crafty with trades too. i'm waiting till may to judge this offseason...and so should you :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    looks like McNabb might be on his way out, finally?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rumor is McNugget to the Rams for their 33rd Pick

We'll see
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788

We'll see

I heard on the local sports radio stations, WIP, Buffalo is a strong possibility as well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

We'll see

I heard on the local sports radio stations, WIP, Buffalo is a strong possibility as well.

mcnabb has said he won't go to buffalo. he doesn't have a no trade, but whoever trades for him will have to negotiate a new deal since he will be entering the last year of his contract. he said he won't go to oakland either.

don't listen to 610...that station makes people dumber

and I agree with the Jaegler...people need to chill about the birds lack of activity this offseason. There is still a long way to go with the offseason. Reid has dumped a lot of garbage, which has been good. The free agent class was full of AIDS...no need to overpay for crap. We'll see what happens leading up to the draft. Personally I don't worry about it...andy reid is the man with personnel decisions.

I think mcnabb to STL goes down. no way they want to draft sam bradford. that dude is a system QB. He is gonna suck in the NFL. STL has 2 former eagle coaches on their staff now (including mcnabbs former QB coach).
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    looks like McNabb might be on his way out, finally?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=c ... o&type=lgn

Who would we get to QB?? I'll miss McNabb but will like a more consistent QB than #5.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I believe the 49ers are the team that needs him the most. There a good qb away from owning the west for a while. Arizona would have made sense but they signed derek anderson so arizona seems to be out.stl would be the next choice but I don't know if mcnabb would sign long term there.I just want this to be over and I'm ready to move on with kevin kolb. Ill take a 2nd and whatever for him at this point.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I can't have McNabb out here on the west coast. Especially the Raiders. I hate the Raiders with every ounce of me. What the hell am I going to do with my McNabb jersey now??!!
    I believe the 49ers are the team that needs him the most. There a good qb away from owning the west for a while. Arizona would have made sense but they signed derek anderson so arizona seems to be out.stl would be the next choice but I don't know if mcnabb would sign long term there.I just want this to be over and I'm ready to move on with kevin kolb. Ill take a 2nd and whatever for him at this point.

funny, me and a buddy were talking about the same exact thing today. SF should make a play for him. They could get a bye in round 1 of next year's playoffs because their division is so bad.

A buddy of mine works for the Elias Sports Bureau. He said there are rumors of a trade to buffalo for a 2 and whitner. Who knows how reliable this is, but if it happens I will be like Forrest Gump when he ruined Jenny's roommates bathrobe.

I read he wasn't going to accept an extension with buffalo or oakland. Who knows if any of these rumors are actually true. I agree, I just want it to be over. Unfortunately we probably have another 3-4 weeks leading up to the draft of hearing this nonsense. thank god baseball starts in 10 days
    He's already rich I'm sure he wants a serious shot at a title. That's why he'll never go to oakland or buffalo. Sanfran like I said makes the most sense. I wish the eagles made this decesion a couple of weeks ago before all these other qbs found homes. Kinda the philly way to have cle ariz sign qbs and then be like ok will listening now. Way to limit the market for yourselfs makes no sense.
    Go Birds!!!!
    He's already rich I'm sure he wants a serious shot at a title. That's why he'll never go to oakland or buffalo. Sanfran like I said makes the most sense. I wish the eagles made this decesion a couple of weeks ago before all these other qbs found homes. Kinda the philly way to have cle ariz sign qbs and then be like ok will listening now. Way to limit the market for yourselfs makes no sense.

I don't think the recent signings that cleveland or arizona made eliminates them from the running. I think vick is definitely getting moved. assuming mcnabb does too the eagles will need a backup qb. they could acquire a veteran qb from one of those teams in the mcnabb deal. then draft a developmental QB in the late rounds (this is one of reids strengths)

who knows...wake me when something actually happens
    I'd be shocked if ariz or cle trades for msnabb.I'd says there's no chance there paying delhomme and anderson half decent money. they only way 5 goes to either of them is if they trade us the guy they just picked up which isn't gonna happen. If 5 gets traded I'd say that vicks chances of staying are a lot better actually. He wants to start but there's no one out there to my knowledsge that would even give him a shot.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I've never been a McNabb fan, but I like the idea of him goin to the Rams. They could be one more rebuilding season away from being a serious contenders, imo.
    Macnabb wants to go to minnesota no suprise here.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Macnabb wants to go to minnesota no suprise here.

He's following Cunningham's route.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    PLEASE let the Kevin Kolb era begin. With two 300 yard games in his first two starts he's the next Kurt Warner!
    i agree with others about san fran jumping into the mix sometime before the draft. gonna be an interesting few weeks around here...
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Favre better make his mind up soon or Minnesota could make a play for McNabb. Why wouldn't McNabb want to go to Arizona? I understand he has property their and they have good receivers.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Fixer wrote:

We'll see

mcnabb has said he won't go to buffalo. he doesn't have a no trade, but whoever trades for him will have to negotiate a new deal since he will be entering the last year of his contract. he said he won't go to oakland either.

don't listen to 610...that station makes people dumber

and I agree with the Jaegler...people need to chill about the birds lack of activity this offseason. There is still a long way to go with the offseason. Reid has dumped a lot of garbage, which has been good. The free agent class was full of AIDS...no need to overpay for crap. We'll see what happens leading up to the draft. Personally I don't worry about it...andy reid is the man with personnel decisions.

I think mcnabb to STL goes down. no way they want to draft sam bradford. that dude is a system QB. He is gonna suck in the NFL. STL has 2 former eagle coaches on their staff now (including mcnabbs former QB coach).

Wouldn't McNabb want to go to a team that is close to winning?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Wouldn't McNabb want to go to a team that is close to winning?

yup. that rumor last week was bogus. so is the one saying mcnabb "prefers" to go to minnesota. something will pop up around draft time.

i still will not be shocked if he ends up coming back...
    www.myspace.com
    doesn't matter where he prefers to go...if someone offers him a 3-4 year extension, he will sign with them once he gets traded.

favre is coming back. he was trying to convince LT to sign with the vikes

I'm not worried...reid will get what he can for mcnabb, and hopefully vick
    I'd be shocked if he dosen't get traded. Adam Schefter says there as he calls it team X out there that dosen't wanna be known. Cause they already have a starter,sounds like a team like mia or Jac to me. This next idea is my crazy brain thinking to much and i completely except the jeags to kill me for it. Trade mcnabb are 1st rd pick and late rd pick to.............. Wash for there number 4 pick so we can draft eric berry. I know its crazy but it's a thought. Crazy and probably dumb as hell but i'd think about it.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I'd be shocked if he dosen't get traded. Adam Schefter says there as he calls it team X out there that dosen't wanna be known. Cause they already have a starter,sounds like a team like mia or Jac to me. This next idea is my crazy brain thinking to much and i completely except the jeags to kill me for it. Trade mcnabb are 1st rd pick and late rd pick to.............. Wash for there number 4 pick so we can draft eric berry. I know its crazy but it's a thought. Crazy and probably dumb as hell but i'd think about it.

berry was in philly last week. that trade probably isn't likely, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen.

you're correct on the me killing you on this.

why the hell would we trade a pro bowl qb, our first round pick, and another pick to a team in our own division? this is worse than your lt idea! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

why the hell would we trade a pro bowl qb, our first round pick, and another pick to a team in our own division? this is worse than your lt idea! :mrgreen:

making the pro bowl is like winning a gold glove. completely meaningless.

I'm not opposed to trading in the division. if it makes the eagles better, I'm all for it. personally, I'd love to see mcnabb on the sked twice a year

Mcnabb wasn't really a probowl qb last year he got there because of deserving qbs backing out or playing in the big game. I say wash only because I don't think even with 5 they'd be a real contender. And eric berry imo will be a stud and u might have to get in the top 6 to get him.and the lt idea made a lot of sense for the short term with all are problems gettn that tough hard. Although, I like mike bell too.like I said its a crazy idea but its one I'd look into.
    Go Birds!!!!

Mcnabb wasn't really a probowl qb last year he got there because of deserving qbs backing out or playing in the big game. I say wash only because I don't think even with 5 they'd be a real contender. And eric berry imo will be a stud and u might have to get in the top 6 to get him.and the lt idea made a lot of sense for the short term with all are problems gettn that tough hard. Although, I like mike bell too.like I said its a crazy idea but its one I'd look into.
    are you kidding me? they already have a good defense. and shanahan will do to mcnabb what he did to elway in the 90's. he is the absolute perfect coach for him at this point in his career. with this trade, you give him a probowl qb in his prime (i dont care if you think he was not a probowler last year--he had his best season in 5 years) and multiple draft picks. you instantly make them a MUCH better team and probably improve your team with berry if he doesnt turn out to be a bust. but the bottom line is you don't trade the best qb in the history of your franchise, who still has a few solid years left, to one of your biggest rivals. we already handed the cowboys anthony spencer on a sliver platter with the kolb draft day trade. no need to even think about doing something similar to another division rival. come on man....
    www.myspace.com
    All valid points,i just don't think the skins offensive even with him is scary at all,but thats my opinion. Like i said it was a crazy thought i just want eric berry that bad and wash at 4 and seattle at 6 would be are 2 options. Berry might even be gone by #6 thats why i thought wash might be a landing spot. I here your points and knew this might not be a smart idea but i thought i'd throw it out there.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I still believe that we trade mcnabb to the niners. Id trade mcnabb for sf 2nd round pick and sean hill. Then we can still try and trade vick or release him before we have to pay him the rest of his salary. I saw sal pals report that vick is off the block thats because once again are brilliant front office over values a guy and thinks other teams will just give us whatever we want for players. Ariz and Cle would have loved mcnabb at the price he's available at now but no we say he's not available and if he was it would cost u a 1st round pick. Now that we've shrunk the market he's on the block i keep scratchin my head at this.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.