THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    My Super Bowl pick...

Indy over NYG

Eagles go 8-8. Offensive line kills playoff hopes

I like the way you think (aside from the outcome of the bowl)

Can you imagine how insufferable ESPN would be in the weeks leading up to the superbowl if that were the matchup?

I didn't even think about that (i'm not that bright).

I swore off ESPN, though NFL network isn't much better. Rich Eisen is great, but they have too many clowns on that channel

The giants are really underrated going into this year.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    My Super Bowl pick...

Indy over NYG

Eagles go 8-8. Offensive line kills playoff hopes

I like the way you think (aside from the outcome of the bowl)

Can you imagine how insufferable ESPN would be in the weeks leading up to the superbowl if that were the matchup?

I didn't even think about that (i'm not that bright).

I swore off ESPN, though NFL network isn't much better. Rich Eisen is great, but they have too many clowns on that channel

The giants are really underrated going into this year.

haha, it would be brutal. More Archie Manning and dopey faces than anyone in their life should see.

ESPN is horrible, I don't recall the last time I watched it. There is nothing they offer that I am interested in. All the talk about The Wire got me back into it so its Yankees/other baseball/The Wire of late for me. I saw it all before but it was a bit scattered around so I am going back through it in order. Dude, if I watched this when it was live, I don't know how I would have been able to wait a week after Gregs got shot.

I like the team the Giants have this year. Defense is definitely much better than last year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, it would be brutal. More Archie Manning and dopey faces than anyone in their life should see.

ESPN is horrible, I don't recall the last time I watched it. There is nothing they offer that I am interested in. All the talk about The Wire got me back into it so its Yankees/other baseball/The Wire of late for me. I saw it all before but it was a bit scattered around so I am going back through it in order. Dude, if I watched this when it was live, I don't know how I would have been able to wait a week after Gregs got shot.

I like the team the Giants have this year. Defense is definitely much better than last year.
    [/quote]

I should go back and watch the Wire again. Gregs was only character on that show that I didn't like. Omar Little was the man.

Giants D-line is gonna terrorize people. I'm a big bradshaw fan too. And Nicks is gonna be a stud.

I hate the giants. My dad is a huge yanks/giants fan. very annoying
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I should go back and watch the Wire again. Gregs was only character on that show that I didn't like. Omar Little was the man.

Giants D-line is gonna terrorize people. I'm a big bradshaw fan too. And Nicks is gonna be a stud.

Yeah, man. I definitely suggest it. Have been really enjoying it. Like I said I watched it all over the place so it will be nice to see it all the way through. No? I like Gregs, even if you didn't like her though, pretty fucking tense when she got shot. Yeah, Omar is a great character, everyones favorite. Cutty is a great character too I think.

Edit: and yeah, on the giants. D line will be healthy which will be huge and an healthy phillips plus rolle, some good shit. Yeah, I like bradshaw a lot too.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, man. I definitely suggest it. Have been really enjoying it. Like I said I watched it all over the place so it will be nice to see it all the way through. No? I like Gregs, even if you didn't like her though, pretty fucking tense when she got shot. Yeah, Omar is a great character, everyones favorite. Cutty is a great character too I think.

Edit: and yeah, on the giants. D line will be healthy which will be huge and an healthy phillips plus rolle, some good shit. Yeah, I like bradshaw a lot too.

My wife and I just finished Dexter Season 4 this week. Anyone watch that show? pretty damn good

It's nice to have football back, but I just don't think it compares to baseball. I actually turned down tix to the eagles game so I could watch the phils and the 1:00 games.

I think the NFC is wide open. There are 6-7 teams that I could see going to the SB from that conference. Miami is my sleeper in the AFC. I think they win their division
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    dexter's the best show on tv. can't wait for 9/26.

who turns down tix for a 4:15 home opener to watch the phils at 1 on tv?? come on fixer. you gotta upgrade your tailgate situation :mrgreen:

i'm telling you....this offensive line will not be as bad as most people think assuming herremans and jackson are really healthy. the line was decent last year until the denver game when jackson got hurt. and it's essentially the same line this year. if they're not healthy-then all bets are off of course.
    www.myspace.com

who turns down tix for a 4:15 home opener to watch the phils at 1 on tv?? come on fixer. you gotta upgrade your tailgate situation :mrgreen:

i'm telling you....this offensive line will not be as bad as most people think assuming herremans and jackson are really healthy. the line was decent last year until the denver game when jackson got hurt. and it's essentially the same line this year. if they're not healthy-then all bets are off of course.

I honestly don't really like going to NFL day games (non playoffs). I feel like I miss too much of the other games...especially with the phils on. Tailgating is awesome though. 415 games and the Fixer dont go well together. Never been adept at pacing my alcohol intake. The birds/giants playoff game a few years ago wasn't pretty.

dexter is solid, though I think season 1 was the best of them all. Might have to get showtime so I can watch season 5. Annoying that his sister keeps avoiding death...she is brutal

I hope you're right about the offensive line. I think it's gonna be a problem.
    The Fixer wrote:

I honestly don't really like going to NFL day games (non playoffs). I feel like I miss too much of the other games...especially with the phils on. Tailgating is awesome though. 415 games and the Fixer dont go well together. Never been adept at pacing my alcohol intake. The birds/giants playoff game a few years ago wasn't pretty.

dexter is solid, though I think season 1 was the best of them all. Might have to get showtime so I can watch season 5. Annoying that his sister keeps avoiding death...she is brutal

the tailgating makes it for me. but our crew has dwindled significantly since the early days. i love watching games in my basement too though. we usually sell 3-4 games a year. actually if you want the texans game let me know. that's the only one we haven't gotten rid of yet. that's the thursday night game in december.

showtime is defintely worth it. season 1 was the best....but i thought last year with lithgow was much better than seasons 2 and 3. can't wait to see what happens next.

weeds is a great show also.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the tailgating makes it for me. but our crew has dwindled significantly since the early days. i love watching games in my basement too though. we usually sell 3-4 games a year. actually if you want the texans game let me know. that's the only one we haven't gotten rid of yet. that's the thursday night game in december.

showtime is defintely worth it. season 1 was the best....but i thought last year with lithgow was much better than seasons 2 and 3. can't wait to see what happens next.

weeds is a great show also.

I will take the Texans game. PM me what you need from me.

Thanks...
    fixer--sent you a pm. let me know if you got it. for some reason i have problems with pms getting stuck in my outbox without getting sent...
    www.myspace.com
    fixer--sent you a pm. let me know if you got it. for some reason i have problems with pms getting stuck in my outbox without getting sent...

got it and sent a response. done deal.

I have same issue with PMs, so who knows when you'll get my response

Thanks man, appreciate it
    thanks fixer...

football friday's are back gentlemen. off to pick up a daily news on the way to work. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    headed down now. lil later than i would like but our tailgate crew has been greatly diminished over the last 10 years due to stupid things like marriages and kids and the economy :roll: :lol:

the more i think about this line....the more it tells me we got a shot. i would've thought the pack would be 4 or 5 pt favs. its held pretty steady at 3.

gotta stop jermichael finley. would love to see b graham knock rogers on his ass. i see a 33-24 game....pack. hope i'm wrong. GO BIRDS
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Didn't think they would beat The Pack. And was pleasantly surprised how they came back and had a shot at winning. Kolb didn't look so great, Vick looked like the old one from about 5 years ago. Special teams wasn't that good on kick off and punt returns. penalties hurt. Oh well only the first game, now if we lose next week to Detroit I might start to get worried.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Didn't think they would beat The Pack. And was pleasantly surprised how they came back and had a shot at winning. Kolb didn't look so great, Vick looked like the old one from about 5 years ago. Special teams wasn't that good on kick off and punt returns. penalties hurt. Oh well only the first game, now if we lose next week to Detroit I might start to get worried.

sloppy game today. lot of injuries. I didn't expect the eagles to win, but today was tough to watch.

Not looking forward to hearing people say vick should start going forward.

Only one game like you said. hopefully the injuries aren't too serious (other than weaver...that was disgusting)
    fun game. excruciatingly frustrating, but fun. had a decent tailgate and the comeback attempt was exciting...until the lack of time outs and dumb play call at the end. shotgun on 4th and 6 inches? really? couldn't believe the amount of people that left once we cut the lead to a touchdown though. frauds....

i said this last year--vick's the best backup in the league. but kolb's the starter. there's just no need to use him mixed in with kolb as much as they did in the first half. all reid is doing here is stunting kolb's growth. he was never able to get into a groove. i can understand using him in the redzone or on short yardage plays every now and then but reid had him in on 1st downs today. that just doesn't make any sense to me. especially against a defense as tough as the packers. why not give kolb some high percentage pass plays early on? i don't get it. reid's gonna kill kolb this year..

special teams....awful. packers started all their drives in midfield.

play calling/clock management....same issues as always. doesn't matter who the qb is.

sucks about weaver and jackson. that is rough. gotta feel bad for jackson. he's the glue that holds this line together. that trade for wells looks pretty damn good right now. hopefully stu and kolb are back next week.

said it in the preseason and i'll say it again: this defense is better than people think. i liked what we saw from the front 7. lots of pressure on rogers. other than a stretch after stu went down in the middle of the game where they ran it down our throats a bit and the td where hobbs got killed---i thought we looked good. one thing we did well last year and will continue to do well this is create turnovers. 2 today. the nate allen one reminded me of the farve/dawkins pick in the 4th and 26 game.....ernie simms was all over the field too.

all in all---about what i expected. need a win next week.

GO. BIRDS.

(cowboys losing takes the sting off this loss a bit ;) )
    www.myspace.com
  • Reid kills me with his clock management and play calling. Are def looked good for the most part,but im kinda worried how GB ran on us. I agree 100% with the jeagler on reid fucking up kolbs growth. Let the man play seemed like every 3 plays he was on the sideline. Like Aikman and many other qbs have said ur not gonna win if u keep roatating like that. We have too many weapons for any qb to struggle here,but these injuries might catch us sooner then later.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Reid kills me with his clock management and play calling. Are def looked good for the most part,but im kinda worried how GB ran on us. I agree 100% with the jeagler on reid fucking up kolbs growth. Let the man play seemed like every 3 plays he was on the sideline. Like Aikman and many other qbs have said ur not gonna win if u keep roatating like that. We have too many weapons for any qb to struggle here,but these injuries might catch us sooner then later.

a lot of those big runs happened in the 2nd half after stu went out.

kolb looked awful....but reid didn't do anything to help him. what's the point of putting vick in on 1st downs? i don't get it.
    www.myspace.com
    jason davis will be in for a workout (jets fullback who lost out to the terminator on hard knocks)

what a rough day for injuries yesterday. jeez...
    www.myspace.com
    Just saw the Weaver injury, that shit was gross.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    Reid kills me with his clock management and play calling. Are def looked good for the most part,but im kinda worried how GB ran on us. I agree 100% with the jeagler on reid fucking up kolbs growth. Let the man play seemed like every 3 plays he was on the sideline. Like Aikman and many other qbs have said ur not gonna win if u keep roatating like that. We have too many weapons for any qb to struggle here,but these injuries might catch us sooner then later.

you guys know I'm a big Reid fan but his usage of Vick before Kolb's injury makes no sense. If you are going to trade a franchise QB to give Kolb the job leave his ass on the field for every play. Running Vick in there is just pure disruption of Kolb. dumbest thing Reid has done here in my opinion.

Kolb needs to learn to throw the ball away and give up on plays sometimes. If he keeps trying to scramble and keep every play alive he is going to get killed every game. Still think he will be fine though once healthy.

and Vick is still a scumbag. have a hard time cheering for him even though he was pretty good yesterday. Of course being Philly there will now officially be a QB controversy. Worst scenario for Kolb yesterday.
    pjhawks wrote:

you guys know I'm a big Reid fan but his usage of Vick before Kolb's injury makes no sense. If you are going to trade a franchise QB to give Kolb the job leave his ass on the field for every play. Running Vick in there is just pure disruption of Kolb. dumbest thing Reid has done here in my opinion.

Kolb needs to learn to throw the ball away and give up on plays sometimes. If he keeps trying to scramble and keep every play alive he is going to get killed every game. Still think he will be fine though once healthy.

and Vick is still a scumbag. have a hard time cheering for him even though he was pretty good yesterday. Of course being Philly there will now officially be a QB controversy. Worst scenario for Kolb yesterday.

its just a weird situation. vick is clearly better than he was last year. so i can understand that reid wants to use him a little more.....but the more he uses him, it's clearly to the detriment of his newly anointed franchise quarterback. interesting problem reid has created for himself here....
    www.myspace.com
    fun game. excruciatingly frustrating, but fun. had a decent tailgate and the comeback attempt was exciting...until the lack of time outs and dumb play call at the end. shotgun on 4th and 6 inches? really? couldn't believe the amount of people that left once we cut the lead to a touchdown though. frauds....

i said this last year--vick's the best backup in the league. but kolb's the starter. there's just no need to use him mixed in with kolb as much as they did in the first half. all reid is doing here is stunting kolb's growth. he was never able to get into a groove. i can understand using him in the redzone or on short yardage plays every now and then but reid had him in on 1st downs today. that just doesn't make any sense to me. especially against a defense as tough as the packers. why not give kolb some high percentage pass plays early on? i don't get it. reid's gonna kill kolb this year..

special teams....awful. packers started all their drives in midfield.

play calling/clock management....same issues as always. doesn't matter who the qb is.

sucks about weaver and jackson. that is rough. gotta feel bad for jackson. he's the glue that holds this line together. that trade for wells looks pretty damn good right now. hopefully stu and kolb are back next week.

said it in the preseason and i'll say it again: this defense is better than people think. i liked what we saw from the front 7. lots of pressure on rogers. other than a stretch after stu went down in the middle of the game where they ran it down our throats a bit and the td where hobbs got killed---i thought we looked good. one thing we did well last year and will continue to do well this is create turnovers. 2 today. the nate allen one reminded me of the farve/dawkins pick in the 4th and 26 game.....ernie simms was all over the field too.

all in all---about what i expected. need a win next week.

GO. BIRDS.

(cowboys losing takes the sting off this loss a bit ;) )

1 - I think vick blows, but he played well yesterday. Worst case scenario for this team having him outplay kolb

2 - the oline sucks, as predicted. especially jason peters

3 - I love andy reid, but he did not have a good game yesterday. the timeouts with 5 minutes left and the 4th down call were terrible. And can we start a petition to scrap that stupid shovel pass that he runs inside the 10 EVERY DAMN TIME?!?! I can smell that thing a mile away, red zone, split backs, QB under center...you know it's coming. It was a nice play 5 years ago, but I think duce staley got the ball the last time it worked

4 - special teams were horrendous. I think that has to do with having so many young guys on the roster.

5 - the defense was good in the first half, bad in the 3rd quarter, then good again in the 4th. ellis hobbs blows. Jordan missed a bunch of tackles. Losing bradley for an extended time really exposes this defense. They weren't the same unit without him, as evidenced by them getting gashed by a fucking fullback in the 2nd half.

6 - just one game. ugly, and the injuries are a concern due to their severity (jackson and weaver done for the year), but reid coached teams always play better as the year goes on. kolb needs to start, any eagle fan that disagrees just doesn't get the big picture.
    also, as for the kolb/vick qb rotation...I don't like it either. I think you have to give reid the benefit of the doubt in regards to developing young QBs though. He's worked with favre, brunell, mcnabb, etc. christ, he even made AJ Feely look serviceable. He's one of the best in the business at developing QBs.

Kolb didn't play well yesterday. It's just one game. The biggest concern in his development is still the offensive line, which is a mess.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    If you have a sucky offensive line why would you want a guy who puts Eli Manning to shame for running backwards and throwing the ball over the middle of the field? Wouldn't you rather have a mobile QB that can make up for your team's shortfalls? I guess I never got the Kevin Kolb thing anyway...but I'm not a fan of the Eagles so what do I know.
    RW81233 wrote:
    If you have a sucky offensive line why would you want a guy who puts Eli Manning to shame for running backwards and throwing the ball over the middle of the field? Wouldn't you rather have a mobile QB that can make up for your team's shortfalls? I guess I never got the Kevin Kolb thing anyway...but I'm not a fan of the Eagles so what do I know.

No.

Here's the thing that people fail to realize...michael vick isn't a good NFL QB. We aren't sure about kolb yet. He played poorly yesterday, but the eagles need to let him play so they find out what they've got.

This team isn't good enough to win shit this year with either guy at QB...so let the young guy play.

If anything I think they should try to trade vick now. His value will not be any higher than it is right now. I know this has a .0001% chance of happening, but I'd love to see it. I still don't understand why vick is on this team...never understood that move from the beginning.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Vick not being a good fit for Philly I will give you, but not a good NFL QB? He might not be Manning, Brady, or hell even Eli Manning, and he won't beat you in conventional ways but he wins games. The way Kolb played yesterday you would have lost 31-3, Vick pieced that together with his non-normal abilities. Is he gonna cost you games going forward (at least in the interim)? Oh yeah. Is he going to win you games because he runs around long enough for Desean Jackson to run one of the two good routes he runs and get open deep? Absolutely. Again this is coming from someone who has waited on bated breath for the beginning of the Kolb era, because I think he sucks so f-ing bad it's not even funny. With Vick you guys probably go 9-7, 10-6, with Kolb (and if you're willing to do it because you think he'll be good later) it's 5-11 this year, and better next year because you get a better sked (which is a strategy that the Packers played to perfection last year).
    RW81233 wrote:
    Vick not being a good fit for Philly I will give you, but not a good NFL QB? He might not be Manning, Brady, or hell even Eli Manning, and he won't beat you in conventional ways but he wins games. The way Kolb played yesterday you would have lost 31-3, Vick pieced that together with his non-normal abilities. Is he gonna cost you games going forward (at least in the interim)? Oh yeah. Is he going to win you games because he runs around long enough for Desean Jackson to run one of the two good routes he runs and get open deep? Absolutely. Again this is coming from someone who has waited on bated breath for the beginning of the Kolb era, because I think he sucks so f-ing bad it's not even funny. With Vick you guys probably go 9-7, 10-6, with Kolb (and if you're willing to do it because you think he'll be good later) it's 5-11 this year, and better next year because you get a better sked (which is a strategy that the Packers played to perfection last year).

as an eagles fan 2010 isn't so much about their record as it is about seeing this young team get better and get used to playing together. vick isn't in their future plans, so I don't see the point of even having him around. If anything he is retarding kolb's growth by taking reps from him.

vick's best days are behind him. he showed glimpses yesterday, but the pack were pretty much in a prevent defense protecting a huge lead. he isn't a good NFL QB. He's an athlete that can make plays, but he will never win shit as a QB in the NFL.

I love the direction the eagles went in the offseason. I just don't get why vick is on this roster
    will be fun watching owen schmidt's forhead bleed every week. dude is a maniac. solid pickup
  • The Fixer wrote:
    will be fun watching owen schmidt's forhead bleed every week. dude is a maniac. solid pickup

I didn't see that. That's awesome. All the douchebags in this city - especially douche who wears shoulder pads to games and cried on television when Dawkins was let go - will LOVE this guy.

Didn't bother to read through this, but my summary of yesterday is - meh. 8-8 team; easily 10-6 and easily 6-10 with 8 being the mean. People don't like growing pains.
This discussion has been closed.