THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just live in the city...unless you're sending kids to school

I'd say live close enough to the city where you can get whacked without having to worry about it when you get married...when you have kids, bounce, but not too far where you can't get whacked in the city without having to worry about getting a cab or train.

a cab to bucks county would be like $500. might as well get a train to nyc
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    do any of you guys own a home? or are you all renting?
    www.myspace.com
    edited December 2012
    The Fixer wrote:
    north of 76 is a disaster. when I lived in philly my office was in norristown/valley forge (off trooper road). sucked my balls driving out there.

don't you live in baltimore?

havertown. have an apt in bmore where I stay during the week if I need to be there

prob moving to maryland in 2013. gotta follow the lootcakes
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You couldn't pay me to live in the city. I like grass and my driveway to much.

Overrated. I have parking lot across street that serves as a driveways. I'm not moving out of the city till I have to send kids to school. Luckily the woman loves living in the city as much as me. Good food, good booze, and lots of culture....sign me up
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You couldn't pay me to live in the city. I like grass and my driveway to much.

Overrated. I have parking lot across street that serves as a driveways. I'm not moving out of the city till I have to send kids to school. Luckily the woman loves living in the city as much as me. Good food, good booze, and lots of culture....sign me up

totally agree. the burbs are where you go to die. the city is where the action is.

Rent...have no reason to own at this point in my life...none.

My heat and fridge broke this week, guess how much effort I put in?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

well that plays a factor i think. i'm assuming you wouldn't buy a place in the city right? are you just waiting until you get married and have kids to buy?
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, honestly, anything I would want to own in my hood is $400k plus, I can't do that and i wouldnt move out of this neighborhood, especially since I plan on moving out in 5 years or so.

I will put it out there though that I think Philly may be my favorite all around city in the us. Philly and Chicago are right there for me. And I fucking love New York but I really fucking love philly. You're teams are aids though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

well that plays a factor i think. i'm assuming you wouldn't buy a place in the city right? are you just waiting until you get married and have kids to buy?

Buying this year. Will help a lot with taxes (expecting to get killed this year...will prob owe something like 20k). In-laws own the place we're in right now, so we are paying the mortgage (rent to own deal they gave us...so we get part of what this joint sells for). Will sell when we move this summer. Hopefully we have some money left to buy new furniture after obama takes his cut.

Last few years have been a whirlwind. Philly to florida to philly to maryland/dc. Just haven't been established anywhere long enough to root up and buy something. 2013 will be nice as the fam gets established somewhere...wish it was philly, but I love my job and industry...will kill it down there and re-evaluate when the time comes.

onwards and upwards gents
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, honestly, anything I would want to own in my hood is $400k plus, I can't do that and i wouldnt move out of this neighborhood, especially since I plan on moving out in 5 years or so.

I will put it out there though that I think Philly may be my favorite all around city in the us. Philly and Chicago are right there for me. And I fucking love New York but I really fucking love philly. You're teams are aids though

to me, that's why it's better in the suburbs. much more for your money.

what you can get for 400k in the city, you can get for a whole lot more out here. we're looking to sell and move at some point in the next 12-18 months. that's around the range we'll be looking for. as long as i'm within a half hour drive to the city, that's fine by me. having a yard and shit is cool to me too. i'm a product of the suburbs though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    still a great time to buy fixer. good luck.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

AIDS...gotta capitalize son

My job should open up a world of opps for me. Kill it and I will be able to go anywhere. Only city areas I could see myself moving to are NY, Philly, Chicago, Bmore/DC, Boston (would kill me as I hate it up there, but the people are ass holes enough that I could fit in...though I would never wear those tight ass shorts they do). I'd consider san diego, but it would take a lot for me to leave the mid-atlantic/northeast northeastern cooridor.

Moving is exciting. New adventure.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what you can get for 400k in the city, you can get for a whole lot more out here. we're looking to sell and move at some point in the next 12-18 months. that's around the range we'll be looking for. as long as i'm within a half hour drive to the city, that's fine by me. having a yard and shit is cool to me too. i'm a product of the suburbs though. :lol:

5-7 years (can't believe it's been that long...fuck) ago my boy bought a townhouse in fishtown. got it for nothing (like 180), gutted it, re-did the downstairs, and now the place would sell for double what he bought it for/put into it. neighborhood isn't somewhere I'd rush to live, but it's not bad either. perfect for singles/young families.

you can find stuff. I guess you just have to look. He got lucky as that area is blowing up. trash being forced out and a lot of development going on.
    still a great time to buy fixer. good luck.

thanks dude.

we have cash saved. and both of our credit is phenomenal. now we have to decide between an older house that needs work and a new place. I hate housework so you know where I'm leaning. Drop my couch, tv, and dog in the basement and I'm moved in :D

maryland had the second highest democratic voter rate in the country (after vermont...and DC which doesn't count due to overwhelming demographics -- they were like 92% obama). that will be tough...esp if this fiscal cliff shit doesn't shake out
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

5-7 years (can't believe it's been that long...fuck) ago my boy bought a townhouse in fishtown. got it for nothing (like 180), gutted it, re-did the downstairs, and now the place would sell for double what he bought it for/put into it. neighborhood isn't somewhere I'd rush to live, but it's not bad either. perfect for singles/young families.

you can find stuff. I guess you just have to look. He got lucky as that area is blowing up. trash being forced out and a lot of development going on.

yeah but then, like cliff mentioned, you gotta worry about the school district. even if you don't have kids, when you go to sell, that factors into so many people's decisions. schools just are not good within the city. plus the wage tax and shit. that's just not for me.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    There was just a Cowboys fan on one of the post game shows at some bar in Dallas, saying they should fire Romo and sign Michael Vick. :lol:
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    good point. guess you have to cater your place to the demographic that you're selling to.

admittedly, I'm new to the real estate scene. I don't know shit.

the wife was an elementary ed major at psu so she's big on the school district stuff. The SJ school I went to was an avg public school so she puts more worth in that than I do.
    good point. guess you have to cater your place to the demographic that you're selling to.

admittedly, I'm new to the real estate scene. I don't know shit.

the wife was an elementary ed major at psu so she's big on the school district stuff. The SJ school I went to was an avg public school so she puts more worth in that than I do. She's a main line snob with that type of stuff
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I grew up in the burbs and went to school I Albany, I gotta get at least 10 years of my life in the city, especially a city like this
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I grew up in the burbs and went to school I Albany, I gotta get at least 10 years of my life in the city, especially a city like this

living in the burbs = vick/amaro/eagle fans
    4th pick. exactly how we thought the season would play out. never underestimate vick.

I wish I could punch john clark, vai sikawhatever, ruben amaro, and glen macknow all in the face at the same time. that's my mt rushmore of philly sports dbags...with honorable mention to angelo cataldi and rhea hughes.

do us all a favor and go away in 2013.
    In all seriousness, I value the city over the burbs and would prefer to pay too high rent to live
    to close to what I do. I'll take grub, culture, booze and art over a driveway all day...for how at leas

And in all seriousness, philly is one of the best cities in the country, from someone who travels a lot. I love Philly
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Quack quack.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In all seriousness, I value the city over the burbs and would prefer to pay too high rent to live
    to close to what I do. I'll take grub, culture, booze and art over a driveway all day...for how at leas

And in all seriousness, philly is one of the best cities in the country, from someone who travels a lot. I love Philly

and i'd prefer to own my own property and have a yard and shit, all while being a short drive to the stuff you mention. :mrgreen: to each his own clifford. to each his own.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    4th pick. exactly how we thought the season would play out. never underestimate vick.

...you were telling us all how great a job reid did assembling this roster just a few months ago.

presser at noon.
    www.myspace.com
    Thanks Andy. It was a fun ride. Believe it or not, you will be missed. Quack Quack!

Now Jeffrey gets to crawl out from underneath the rock he's been hiding under all year.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Thanks Andy. It was a fun ride. Believe it or not, you will be missed. Quack Quack!

Now Jeffrey gets to crawl out from underneath the rock he's been hiding under all year.

quack quack meaning you're hoping for kelly jk?

o'brien's name is getting a lot of play this morning...
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

Not hoping. I don't know much about him or any of the other candidates. Maybe I'm just trying to ruffle some feathers around here :lol::lol:

Keeping Roseman scare the hell out of me.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Keeping Roseman scare the hell out of me.

me too. we will never know how much say he had in the '12 draft. i'd love for lurie can him too or move him into banner's old role and bring in a bill polian. not gonna happen though.

such a HUGE moment for this franchise right now...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.