THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    If they were the Dream Team last year, I think Nocturnal Emission Team is fitting for this year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    If they were the Dream Team last year, I think Nocturnal Emission Team is fitting for this year.

haha. they are loaded everyhwere but safety and QB

O/U is 10. 10-6 seems realistic to me. Gun to my head I'd probably take the over
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    :lol:

you need a new schtick dude. and we'll wake you up when the phils get good again. keep counting down to college football.

keep studying baseball and we'll be able to talk (baseball for once). it all starts with watching the games instead of tv shows. keep after it...you'll eventually get there. I have faith in you

right.

you're probably one of those people who barely paid attention to them prior to 2003. that's why you're one of the first off the bandwagon in 2012. it's not surprising.

only a little more than 3 months until...college football! let the countdown begin.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

O/U is 10. 10-6 seems realistic to me. Gun to my head I'd probably take the over

The NFL is so much harder to handicap these days with teams coming out of nowhere to be good and bad(Eagles last year).
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:

you need a new schtick dude. and we'll wake you up when the phils get good again. keep counting down to college football.

keep studying baseball and we'll be able to talk (baseball for once). it all starts with watching the games instead of tv shows. keep after it...you'll eventually get there. I have faith in you

right.

you're probably one of those people who barely paid attention to them prior to 2003. that's why you're one of the first off the bandwagon in 2012. it's not surprising.

only a little more than 3 months until...college football! let the countdown begin.

I grew up going to games at the vet and following the phils. So, as usual with baseball related stuff, you're clueless there.

I have been complaining about amaro's moves since he took over in 2009. I'm not jumping off of shit, I'm just calling it like it is, which is a roster full of garbage.

You said 'wait until the phils get good again'. How do you forsee that taking place??

This should be funny
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

The NFL is so much harder to handicap these days with teams coming out of nowhere to be good and bad(Eagles last year).

definitley true. The eagles have a lot to prove this year. After last year's debacle I expect them to be focused and determined from day one of training camp. Even with the inevitable vick injury(s), I think they will have a good season.

Regardless of the outcome, this sure will be an interesting year
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

right.

I grew up going to games at the vet and following the phils. So, as usual with baseball related stuff, you're clueless there.

I have been complaining about amaro's moves since he took over in 2009. I'm not jumping off of shit, I'm just calling it like it is, which is a roster full of garbage.

You said 'wait until the phils get good again'. How do you forsee that taking place??

This should be funny

9 months ago you said amaro was doing a pretty good job. i agreed with you at the time. :lol: (obviously if hamels walks, my opinion may change drastically)

i don't mean to offend you but i just can't picture you staying with them for all the years they were horrible. you act like they're "garbage" right now when they're the definition of mediocre...and only handful of games out of first...without the middle of their lineup so far.

like i've said before, utley should be back soon. hopefully you get some production out of him and howard in the 2nd half. eventually rollins will find his swing. polanco's been swinging a better bat lately. bullpen can't be this horrible all year. halladay's going straighten out whatever his issue is. we'll see...

figure less than 90 wins gets that extra stupid wildcard slot this year. i don't see how they won't be in the mix for that all the way to the end. can't expect 100 wins and world championships every year.

they've played up to my expectations thus far. i'm disappointed, but i'm not going to throw a hissy fit every night when they struggle offensively when i expected them to struggle.

you should reserve your pent up anger towards to the phils and spew it on the team across the street that hasn't won a god damn thing in 50 years yet acts like they've won about 3 super bowls since 1999. ;)

have a good holiday weekend.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    it easy to be a fan when your team is winning. just because you put a decal on your car doesn't make you a good fan. i wonder how many of those people that threw phils decals on their cars in the past 3 years ever went to games before 2008 and have gone this year. i don't get consistently selling tickets you already purchased either. i guess those types just wait until they are good again (of until playoff time) so they can claim they've been big fans who have had tickets for years.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    9 months ago you said amaro was doing a pretty good job. i agreed with you at the time. :lol: (obviously if hamels walks, my opinion may change drastically)

i don't mean to offend you but i just can't picture you staying with them for all the years they were horrible. you act like they're "garbage" right now when they're the definition of mediocre...and only handful of games out of first...without the middle of their lineup so far.

like i've said before, utley should be back soon. hopefully you get some production out of him and howard in the 2nd half. eventually rollins will find his swing. polanco's been swinging a better bat lately. bullpen can't be this horrible all year. halladay's going straighten out whatever his issue is. we'll see...

figure less than 90 wins gets that extra stupid wildcard slot this year. i don't see how they won't be in the mix for that all the way to the end. can't expect 100 wins and world championships every year.

they've played up to my expectations thus far. i'm disappointed, but i'm not going to throw a hissy fit every night when they struggle offensively when i expected them to struggle.

you should reserve your pent up anger towards to the phils and spew it on the team across the street that hasn't won a god damn thing in 50 years yet acts like they've won about 3 super bowls since 1999. ;)

have a good holiday weekend.[/quote]

You've just been served,haha!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    it easy to be a fan when your team is winning. just because you put a decal on your car doesn't make you a good fan. i wonder how many of those people that threw phils decals on their cars in the past 3 years ever went to games before 2008 and have gone this year. i don't get consistently selling tickets you already purchased either. i guess those types just wait until they are good again (of until playoff time) so they can claim they've been big fans who have had tickets for years.

There the same people that think RBI's mean shit. How did Pence do in that spot? I seem to remember ALOT of RBI's left out there that i'm sure a certain player would have knocked in.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    You've just been served,haha!!!

Oh boy.....I'll just leave it at this. It's about all that needs to be said.

16102_You%20Got%20Served%20movie.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

There the same people that think RBI's mean shit. How did Pence do in that spot? I seem to remember ALOT of RBI's left out there that i'm sure a certain player would have knocked in.

Good god. You and baseball is a lost cause. I suggest you just stop watching.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You got it Jearlpam i mean fixer i mean NY dude who lives in a Philly thread :corn: :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
    You got it Jearlpam i mean fixer i mean NY dude who lives in a Philly thread :corn: :lol:

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is that jearlpam dude even here anymore?
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is that jearlpam dude even here anymore?

Doesn't come around the board much anymore, pokes his head in here and there. He's still alive though. Just busy. Good dude.
    pjhawks wrote:

yup those folks who think what ryan has done is easy (i think a few even said 'anyone' could do it) are awfully quiet after watching rollins and pence try and knock in the same runs.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yup those folks who think what ryan has done is easy (i think a few even said 'anyone' could do it) are awfully quiet after watching rollins and pence try and knock in the same runs.

You do understand you are comparing Rollins and Pence to Ryan Howard, right?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes and there is no comparison which is what i've been saying for 3 years after having to listen to people belittle ryan and say he stinks and what he does by driving in runs is easy. 2 years in row the rest of the clowns on our team have proven that it isn't as easy as ryan makes it. i'd love to hear a few of the naysayers admit they were wrong about ryan but i know the chances of that happening are almost nil.
    Do u understand that certain people here said ANYONE could do it? And certain people would have rather had ANYONE besides 6 tryn to do so. A players true value isn't known until that person isn't here. And Pence is a solid player who knocked in many for a scrub team in years past.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes and there is no comparison which is what i've been saying for 3 years after having to listen to people belittle ryan and say he stinks and what he does by driving in runs is easy. 2 years in row the rest of the clowns on our team have proven that it isn't as easy as ryan makes it. i'd love to hear a few of the naysayers admit they were wrong about ryan but i know the chances of that happening are almost nil.

But you are comparing him to decent players, he is paid like one of the best hitters in they game, they are not. Compare him to Miggy, Hamilton and players like that and then come back.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But you are comparing him to decent players, he is paid like one of the best hitters in they game, they are not. Compare him to Miggy, Hamilton and players like that and then come back.

true...but the guy he's referring to once said he'd rather have ross gload at first instead of howard.

irrational statements abound from all avenues in these parts cliff. ;)
    www.myspace.com

true...but the guy he's referring to once said he'd rather have ross gload at first instead of howard.

That statement has only been brought up once or twice over the past year. What I would imagine the point was, without speaking for anyone else, is that he would rather have Gload and the $25 million Howard is taking up. But that's a different conversation.

And on that note, I am officially done speaking of Howard for memorial day weekend. :lol:

Enjoy, all
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That statement has only been brought up once or twice over the past year. What I would imagine the point was, without speaking for anyone else, is that he would rather have Gload and the $25 million Howard is taking up. But that's a different conversation.

And on that note, I am officially done speaking of Howard for memorial day weekend. :lol:

Enjoy, all

statements similiar to that are brought up, at a minimum, once or twice a week by that guy.

i don't think anyone's a fan of the contract....we're fans of all the runs he produces that we've missed out on this year. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    right.

This should be funny

have a good holiday weekend.

dude I have ripped amaro for most of the moves he has made. especially in regards to signings (howard, papelbon, nix, kendrick, etc).

you can think whatever you want. I have always been a fan, always will be. Difference between you and I is that I follow the team and know what I'm talking about. Stay positive though, you sound brilliant every time you try to talk baseball
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I have pretty much given up trying to have an intelligent baseball discussion with phils 'fans' on this board. Especially since JP went AWOL
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah, he has proven how awesome he is in every playoff series since the 09 NLCS

he dominates the mets and pirates though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Enjoy, all

statements similiar to that are brought up, at a minimum, once or twice a week by that guy.

i don't think anyone's a fan of the contract....we're fans of all the runs he produces that we've missed out on this year. ;)

pretty much everyone here was a fan of the contract when it was signed. except me.

funny how bad people's memories are when they're wrong.
    I think banner is a big loss. He did a fantastic job for this franchise.

Consensus is that Banner's exodus means Reid gains power. If that's the case I like the move.

Now find a QB
    pjhawks wrote:
    i don't get consistently selling tickets you already purchased either. i guess those types just wait until they are good again (of until playoff time) so they can claim they've been big fans who have had tickets for years.

what if you change jobs and it leads to out of town travel during the week?

Is that a viable excuse or are you going to continue to make shortsighted comments? Not everyone goes to an office and sits in a cage all day
This discussion has been closed.