THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    He's still available
    The Fixer wrote:
    He's still available

and he's still available. can't believe he didn't get picked. saw him going as high as the third round in some scouting reports.

bryce brown can play. he's an idiot but he's got a lot of talent.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    He's still available

and he's still available. can't believe he didn't get picked. saw him going as high as the third round in some scouting reports.

bryce brown can play. he's an idiot but he's got a lot of talent.
    Eagles signed Polk
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    Is the draft still going on? How'd we do?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Greatest draft in the history of all drafts. According to Mayock every team drafted the best player available and every draft pick will be in the HOF! What a joke that guy is. At least Kiper will criticize someone. I like the QB after watching the Gruden QB camp video on him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Greatest draft in the history of all drafts. According to Mayock every team drafted the best player available and every draft pick will be in the HOF! What a joke that guy is. At least Kiper will criticize someone. I like the QB after watching the Gruden QB camp video on him.

I can't get past Mayock's lisp. Drives me crazy. I do like the birds draft class a lot though

Gruden is just plain annoying.

Birds signed Polk. I love this dude. This explains why he wasn't drafted.

After the draft, the Birds set about adding undrafted free agents. They haven't announced that group but it appearently includes Washington running back Chris Polk, who would have been at least a mid-round draftee if not for what has been described as a degenerative shoulder condition
    The Fixer wrote:
    After the draft, the Birds set about adding undrafted free agents. They haven't announced that group but it appearently includes Washington running back Chris Polk, who would have been at least a mid-round draftee if not for what has been described as a degenerative shoulder condition

So he didn't get mono? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Apparently polk chose philly over DC. How awesome is it having the skins in the nfc east?? shanahan is so dumb. can't believe he took a 2nd qb in the 4th round. god he sucks

They signed cliff harris out of oregon as well. he's a CB. real good college player. I think he'll have a shot to make the team

The guy Plufgard is a tiny little WR (like 5'8). I'm sure Reid will try to find a way to hand the ball off or get him some shovel passes on the goal line.

Kidding aside I think the birds killed it over the last 3 days. Love what they did. Few questionable character guys (namely Brown and Harris), , but no real risk on any of those players. Either got them late in draft or grabbed them as undrafted.

Reid did a phenomenal job this offseason.
    Reid getting lots of praise for his draft class (and this doesn't include the beasts he signed as UFAs)

Adam Schefter...

Q: I was just reading over Mel Kiper's Draft Grades and he liked the Philadelphia Eagles' and Cincinnati Bengals' drafts. Which drafts were you most impressed with? Which teams did the best job?

-- Henry (New York)

A: It's interesting that Mel said that. Right when the draft ended, Chris Mortensen and I taped the teams that impressed us most during the draft, Henry. He listed the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and I listed the Eagles and Bengals. It's hard not to look at the Eagles' and Bengals' drafts as a success. Philadelphia got the best defensive lineman in the draft in Fletcher Cox; a linebacker in Mychal Kendricks, who's going to really help; another good pass-rusher in Vinny Curry; a highly rated quarterback in Nick Foles; and an underrated cornerback in Brandon Boykin. How can you not be impressed with Philadelphia's take here?

Mel Kiper...

Philadelphia EaglesTop needs: OLB, SS, OT, DT, TE

Needs: A; Value: A-; Overall: A

Summary: One of the best drafts in terms of lining up needs and getting guys at spots where I didn't think they'd still be around. They moved up to get Fletcher Cox, an immediate starter. Mychal Kendricks is a perfect fit, and at No. 46, a really good value. The Eagles look a lot better up the middle after this weekend. If Vinny Curry came off the board really early in the second round, nobody would have been surprised, so to get him at No. 59 is a steal. Nick Foles has the upside of an NFL starter, and Andy Reid could turn him into something. Brandon Boykin is my No. 9-ranked corner, so I love the value as a fourth-rounder. I thought they might get a tackle earlier, but it's hard to quibble given the value they got with every pick early on. I love this draft, and Bryce Brown will be an interesting story if he sticks. Keep an eye on Brandon Washington, a sixth-rounder with the upside of a starter at guard.

Peter King...

Best pick, defense: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall, 59th overall to Philadelphia. The Eagles took a page from the Giants and improved their pass-rush with good depth in the front seven in this draft. Curry should be a 25-snap rotational rusher.
    this quote is classic...

Roseman spoke highly about undrafted free agent Cliff Harris, from Oregon. He has talent, but his decision-making was often bad on the field and atrocious off of it. He was suspended and eventually kicked off the team at Oregon after building up a litany of offenses, including driving 118 m.ph. on a suspended license. Asked by the police who had marijuana in the car he reportedly responded, “we smoked it all.” The Eagles, though, hope he has straightened out and proves to be a find.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

defensively it's potentially the best draft we've had since 2002. actually it easily could be the best considering all the slop reid has taken over the last decade on that side of the football. i'm pretty excited.

kendricks.....oh how i want this kid to be a beast. i was at my buddy's house for day 2 when the took him. when bill polian called him "blood thirsty" we all went nuts and pounded beers. :lol: i mean how many "blood thirsty" lb's have we had under this regime? trotter.....umm......yeah, trotter.

but now we may have 2. so scared of reid's track record drafting lb bust's though. but i can't wait to see how he looks in lehigh.

and chris polk....what a steal.

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    coach power rankings:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Hea ... kings.html

15. Andy Reid, Philadelphia Eagles: If this were merely a ranking of head coaches based on success over an extended period of time, Reid’s resume would warrant a spot higher up the list. But he dropped the ball in 2011 with an unimpressive 8-8 record despite a roster that was oozing at the seams with talent. Still, it’s tough to overlook five trips to the NFC Championship game and a regular season record of 126-81-1 (.609) in 13 years on the job.

--
    i don't hate reid, don't love him either, and i would probably have him a bit higher on this list...still, i agree with everything he said about him here.

huge amount of pressure on the fat man now. this team is pretty stacked.
    www.myspace.com
    this team is pretty stacked.

just need a QB and they're all set
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    coach power rankings:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Hea ... kings.html

15. Andy Reid, Philadelphia Eagles: If this were merely a ranking of head coaches based on success over an extended period of time, Reid’s resume would warrant a spot higher up the list. But he dropped the ball in 2011 with an unimpressive 8-8 record despite a roster that was oozing at the seams with talent. Still, it’s tough to overlook five trips to the NFC Championship game and a regular season record of 126-81-1 (.609) in 13 years on the job.

--
    i don't hate reid, don't love him either, and i would probably have him a bit higher on this list...still, i agree with everything he said about him here.

huge amount of pressure on the fat man now. this team is pretty stacked.

where to begin with that shit storm of a list.

1 - jim scwhartz - wtf? even jim schwartz mother doesn't think he is close to the best in the league. take away this guy's media credentials for this pick

5 - jim harbaugh - one year in the NFL does not make a great coach. the world is littered with one year wonders. remember jim mora jr.? call me in 3-5 years on this one.

9 /10/11 - M. Smith, Kubiak and M. Lewis - what 2 playoff wins combined from these 3 . yea their better than Andy. fucking absurd to have Marvin Lewis on any list ahead of Andy Reid. 9 years with no playoff wins and you rate him ahead of andy reid. our fan base and media is trying to run andy out for not winnin a super bowl and this clown has a guy who hasn't won A playoff game in 9 years ahead of him. absurd

12- Munchak - one 9-7 season and this guy rates ahead of andy?

this list is embarrassing. i'll have what this guy is smoking.
    I'm telling you guys, philly is going to LOVE this kid. So glad they signed him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... _load.html
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Happy mothers day :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that shit is hilarious
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that shit is hilarious

Ha, yeah, I got a kick out of it.
    Shady!!! Breaking ankles and scoring TD's for 5 more years here. :clap::clap::clap:

Yeremiah Bell between the Eagles and Jets? Jarrett must really suck!!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Shady!!! Breaking ankles and scoring TD's for 5 more years here. :clap::clap::clap:

So everybody like the offseason so far? 8-)

JK_Livin wrote:

I think you could say that. Although with this current Bell news, the safety position is a mess.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,790
    JK_Livin wrote:

:thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I think you could say that. Although with this current Bell news, the safety position is a mess.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhady!

even without landing bell, i'd say they're back to back off-season champions :lol: ....only now they are actually filling needs.

let's see if they can finally put it all together this year.

also like last year, they're odds on favorites to win the super bowl. only the packers and pats have better odds right now.
    www.myspace.com
    eagles win total O/U is 10 (@ -135)

notable that they have the highest total in the NFC East

NYG 9.5
    DAL 8.5
    DC 6.5 :lol: . Gotta love having the skins and shanahan in the division

Really wish this team had a QB. They'd be a legit SB threat
    like i said earlier only the pack and patriots have better odds on winning the super bowl. nothing surprising about that o/u total.

the again, they were one of the favorites last year too.
    www.myspace.com
    like i said earlier only the pack and patriots have better odds on winning the super bowl. nothing surprising about that o/u total.

which is dumb considering who they have under center

vegas is good, but they're not always correct

saw this week that there are 100 days until college football starts. since the phillies suck balls I'm looking forward to cfb even more than usual
    The Fixer wrote:

saw this week that there are 100 days until college football starts. since the phillies suck balls I'm looking forward to cfb even more than usual

figures you'd be one the first people to bail on the phils after this run. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

figures you'd be one the first people to bail on the phils after this run. :lol:

it's an exercise in futility trying to discuss baseball with you. I've given up. Just look at the crap you're filling that thread with now. You're the Glen Macknow of this board...avg sports knowledge and would rather talk tv/movies/food. Nothing wrong with that until you pretend like you know what you're talking about with sports related stuff.

So yeah, stick to football
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it's an exercise in futility trying to discuss baseball with you. I've given up. Just look at the crap you're filling that thread with now. You're the Glen Macknow of this board...avg sports knowledge and would rather talk tv/movies/food. Nothing wrong with that until you pretend like you know what you're talking about with sports related stuff.

So yeah, stick to football

:lol:

you need a new schtick dude. and we'll wake you up when the phils get good again. keep counting down to college football.
    www.myspace.com
    :lol:

you need a new schtick dude. and we'll wake you up when the phils get good again. keep counting down to college football.

keep studying baseball and we'll be able to talk (baseball for once). it all starts with watching the games instead of tv shows. keep after it...you'll eventually get there. I have faith in you
This discussion has been closed.