THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Guarantee you Reid's not gone.

With Young coming here to show he can be a team player and all that garbage to regain a starting position i nthe NFL next year, I don't see how he did that. I don't see how he gets a starting job next year.

Since we know that vince young sucks (hopefully the juggler will finally admit this) and is gone after the year...and we know that we are stuck with vick for the next year at least :twisted: ...wouldn't it make sense to let kafka start the rest of the season?? they aren't making the playoffs and they will need a backup for next year (even if they draft a QB like they should, chances of them being ready to contribute as a backup qb are probably not good).

I'd let kafka play out the season. Gives them a chance to see if he is a legit backup in this league. If they lose games they are probably better off as it helps them get a higher pick.

I don't see the downside to going this route...unless reid is trying to save his job with a few meaningless wins at the end of the year (I agree that he's back unless he steps down, which is realistic at this point).

also, nate allen is the worst safety I have ever seen. he makes sean consadine look like ronnie lott
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    At least the Cowboys can get W's against shitty teams. The Eagles...well...i guess they are a shitty team but to lose like that to the Seahawks....I have no words and I'm starting to feel bad busting on you guys...I'll stop before the Cowboys end of losing to the Cards on Sunday, then I'll eat my words :lol:
    What a game tonight. Free tickets, McCoy gets my fantasy team 25 pts. and the Hawks win. WOW!!!!

I am in two fantasy football leagues, but I wish it would just go away.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be a law that you can only discuss fantasy sports with people in your leagues. There is nothing worse than having to listen to someone talk about their fantasy team. I lose interest in the coversation the second someone starts down that road.

Sorry for the rant...I just find this incredibly annoying. You will never hear me discuss my fantasy teams unless someone specifically asks me about them...or if I'm talking with someone in one of my leagues
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    At least the Cowboys can get W's against shitty teams. The Eagles...well...i guess they are a shitty team but to lose like that to the Seahawks....I have no words and I'm starting to feel bad busting on you guys...I'll stop before the Cowboys end of losing to the Cards on Sunday, then I'll eat my words :lol:

The Card game is a trap game...imo...plus no point in me trash talking the Eagles, we've won 1 playoff game since '95. If the Cowboys have another off season like last off season in finding good young talent, then I think we might be in business.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    better than expected this year. we were not expected to even win 5 games but the "Dream Team" was supposed to go to the Superbowl. The Hawks are feasting on the other birds in the NFL!!!

actually, green bay -- ya know defending champs, were favored to represent the NFC in the super bowl. but don't let common sense get in the way of your argument
    crazypjfan wrote:

dude, you can talk all the shit you want this year. the eagles stink and they still beat the cowboys though.

It all comes back around. dallas isn't winning shit this year either
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you know mccoy has the 4th most carries in the league right?
    :lol:
    so do you think it makes sense to give it to him so little in the 4th quarter of games you are leading or within one score? sort of an important time of the game right? right?

play calling has been awful all year. you've said so yourself on multiple occasions man.

yeah, I'm not defending reid's play calling this year. he has been pretty bad

just saying that eagles fans keep crying about using mccoy more. he is 4th in league in carries. he's not the kind of back that's going to carry the ball 22-25 times a game. he'd be dead by week 5 if that was the case (he's already banged up with the toe injury that almost forced him to miss last night's game).

if anything they need another RB to compliment mccoy so that they can run the ball more (which I do agree they shoudl do at times)

no it's not about using him more on a per game basis. he's averaging about 18-19 carries per game which is about right for him. it's about using him at the right times. he leads the league in yards per carry in the 4th quarter. it was over 7 ypc a couple weeks ago. yet they gave it to him a total of about 6 times in the 4th against the niners, cards, and bears. all games we led going into the 4th.

then they don't use him at all against the pats and last night they start running when they're down 17 or whatever it was late in the game. makes no sense.

and i'm not concerned about the toe. it's the nfl. every player's banged up this time of year. he looked great last night.

this fucking team! :x :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    no idea if this is true, but I just got a text that there is a 5 PM news conf. and Lurie apparently met with gruden today :thumbdown:

if you think reid's drafts are bad take a look at grudens from his time in oakland and tampa. he took over dungy's tampa team and won it all. then proceeded to wins zero playoff games after that.

If they are going to replace reid I sure as hell hope it's not with gruden.
    The Fixer wrote:
    no idea if this is true, but I just got a text that there is a 5 PM news conf. and Lurie apparently met with gruden today :thumbdown:

if you think reid's drafts are bad take a look at grudens from his time in oakland and tampa. he took over dungy's tampa team and won it all. then proceeded to wins zero playoff games after that.

someone told me last week he met with cowher. it's all nonsense at this point dude.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

someone told me last week he met with cowher. it's all nonsense at this point dude.

I figured it's probably 610 nonsense.

I'm fine with replacing reid if they have someone that I think will do a better job. I just don't think that person is someone that's been rumored (or desired by the fans)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm fine with replacing reid if they have someone that I think will do a better job. I just don't think that person is someone that's been rumored (or desired by the fans)

reid isn't going anywhere. someone told me he has a "no fire clause." :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Don't know if this is true...but read somewhere that no coach who has won a super bowl has ever went onto to win a super bowl with another team...both Cowher and Gruden have won a SB.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    Don't know if this is true...but read somewhere that no coach who has won a super bowl has ever went onto to win a super bowl with another team...both Cowher and Gruden have won a SB.

i believe that is true. doesn't mean it can never happen though.
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...I know everyone is in love with Cowher...but how much is it with the coach or Pittsburgh's system, they've only had three coach's in over 30 years and a good many of those teams are competitive...they must have one heck of a scouting system, and of course Dick LeBeau helps...jusy sayin'. It took Cowher 15 years to win an SB. That's the thing about the NFL so many teams keep bringing back coach's...why not look for the next Sean Payton?

Probably no point talking this up anyways...Andy Reid can't be fired...right?

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Probably no point talking this up anyways...Andy Reid can't be fired...right?

I wouldn't mess with a guy who was this big of a beast at 13...

qIXiB1-480x367.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...I know everyone is in love with Cowher...but how much is it with the coach or Pittsburgh's system, they've only had three coach's in over 30 years and a good many of those teams are competitive...they must have one heck of a scouting system, and of course Dick LeBeau helps...jusy sayin'. It took Cowher 15 years to win an SB. That's the thing about the NFL so many teams keep bringing back coach's...why not look for the next Sean Payton?

i don't really want cowher. and like fix said gruden did nothing for 4 years or so after he won the super bowl with dungy's team. you'd have to bring in a gm who knows what he's doing if they hire gruden.

if they go the retread route, give me billick. he set records as o coordinator in minny then won with defense in baltimore. but i see lurie and banner as guys who want to, like you said, find the next sean payton. i mentioned a bunch of obscure names a few pages back. i kinda think that's the route they go if they cut the fat man loose.
    www.myspace.com
  • Winston Moss
    Go Birds!!!!
    juan castillo = one of the worst mistakes in franchise history:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-phila ... feedID=692

Part of the reason, I believe, is they have no respect for the coaches. They realized from Day One that Juan Castillo was miscast as a defensive coordinator. They never had an ounce of confidence in his game plans. All the rah-rah stuff at training camp with Juan running around and slapping guys on the back was good for the TV cameras, but it meant nothing on game day when he had to put on a headset and, you know, actually coach.

Right from the beginning you saw it – late substitutions, players looking to the bench and asking what to do, wasted time outs because the personnel was wrong, obvious adjustments that needed to be made but weren’t – and whenever the camera cut to a shot of Castillo, he looked bewildered.

It does not excuse the players for quitting on him – which they clearly have – but it does speak to the overall breakdown. To be a good defense, you have to be aggressive and to be aggressive, you must have confidence in what you are being asked to do. That was one reason why Jim Johnson was so successful. The players believed everything Johnson said because they had total trust in him. When he called a blitz, they played it to the max because they believed it would work.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    What has happened to THIS team this year, I still think the Falcons will be a factor in the NFC This year. I still think Andy Reed should come back for one year maybe a different defensive coordinator. It takes time for a team such as this to come together.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Bong!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I was actually in Pat Croce's bar in Key West to watch the latest masterpiece v. the Seahawks. I'm starting to understand the philosophy, Shady for 15yds then 3 straight passes for a 3 and out. Maybe if they keep Shady's stats down they can resign him for less money. That is the only reason I can think of for them not giving him the ball more. I can't remember the last time I disliked an Eagles team. Poor poor effort all around.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    JK_Livin wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Bong!!

:lol::lol:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I was actually in Pat Croce's bar in Key West to watch the latest masterpiece v. the Seahawks. I'm starting to understand the philosophy, Shady for 15yds then 3 straight passes for a 3 and out. Maybe if they keep Shady's stats down they can resign him for less money. That is the only reason I can think of for them not giving him the ball more. I can't remember the last time I disliked an Eagles team. Poor poor effort all around.

it's either that or stupidity. either way it sucks.

how was croce's bar? i saw a few of them were featured on that "drinking made easy" show on hdnet recently.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

how was croce's bar? i saw a few of them were featured on that "drinking made easy" show on hdnet recently.
    The Rum Barrel is nice but we didn't eat there because we heard the food was bad and over priced but it's Key West so everything is over priced. Island dogs was a better hangout in my opinion. He just bought into the Green Parrot, just booze no food, which is a really cool old school Key West bar.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

The Rum Barrel is nice but we didn't eat there because we heard the food was bad and over priced but it's Key West so everything is over priced. Island dogs was a better hangout in my opinion. He just bought into the Green Parrot, just booze no food, which is a really cool old school Key West bar.

Isn't that the place - and if it's not, isn't there a place - where it's a bar/restaurant that you eat and then smash all the tableware afterward? I'm probably making that up.
    The Fixer wrote:

reid isn't going anywhere. someone told me he has a "no fire clause." :lol:

just posting what I read. Reid has an agreement with banner and lurie that he will not be fired when his time is up. he will step down or it will be spun in a way where it's not a firing

not sure why that's so hard to believe. he obviously has a good rapport with ownership/management
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't really want cowher. and like fix said gruden did nothing for 4 years or so after he won the super bowl with dungy's team. you'd have to bring in a gm who knows what he's doing if they hire gruden.

if they go the retread route, give me billick. he set records as o coordinator in minny then won with defense in baltimore. but i see lurie and banner as guys who want to, like you said, find the next sean payton. i mentioned a bunch of obscure names a few pages back. i kinda think that's the route they go if they cut the fat man loose.

I agree that I'd prefer billick to gruden or cowher. Billick had marv lewis running his defense though, and that was the reason billick has a ring.

the eagles need their defense built, so I don't think billick is the best option. better than most other names, but not ideal. I still think he's a downgrade from reid
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:

What's sad? He's set for life based on pure talent alone.

Sad for us maybe...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.