THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the o and d line are killing you guys ... no pressure on cutler whatsoever and vick is getting hit after each throw ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Does Reid make the call on that fake punt? I thought that was silly. Make the Bears drive the length of the field.

henery should have made that throw. anderson was wide open....but therein lies the problem peter. you are relying on a guy name chaz henery and colt anderson to make a play that could go a long way to determining how your season plays out. woops.

i would have opted for field position there (especially with how poor the defense was all night). save the gimmicky nonsense for the first half.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    4th game they have lost when leading in the 4th quarter

and that would be the first time in this team's history that has happened...with 8 games to play.

coaching/execution--just a horrible game all around.

this team is unbelievably inconsistent and reverted to dumb football again. that falls on coaching.

so much talent on this team. it's being wasted.

if the giants go 3-5 the rest of the way, birds will have to go 6-2 just to tie them. anyone see that happening? :x

fuck.

at least our fans have finally gotten what they wanted with reid running the ball more

and trading a solid nfl qb for a shitty 3rd corner has worked wonders for us.

last night was not coaching (although of course overall 3-5 record falls on the coach). good players just making too many costly mistakes. maclin drops in 3 of the losses have been disasterous. awful fumble on punt by jackson. punter missing 2 wide open receivers on one play. vick throwing high on an easy 1st down on the last play. offensively so many small mistakes killing this team. defense just sucks and it's soft which is a bad combo.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Does Reid make the call on that fake punt? I thought that was silly. Make the Bears drive the length of the field.

henery should have made that throw. anderson was wide open....but therein lies the problem peter. you are relying on a guy name chaz henery and colt anderson to make a play that could go a long way to determining how your season plays out. woops.

i would have opted for field position there (especially with how poor the defense was all night). save the gimmicky nonsense for the first half.

are you fucking kidding me? the 2 guys were WIDE fucking open. it wasn't a called fake by reid. it was an audible out because i repeat the 2 guys were WIDE FUCKING OPEN. how is that play Andy Reid's fault? ugh i fucking love eagle fans
    pjhawks wrote:
    4th game they have lost when leading in the 4th quarter

and that would be the first time in this team's history that has happened...with 8 games to play.

coaching/execution--just a horrible game all around.

this team is unbelievably inconsistent and reverted to dumb football again. that falls on coaching.

so much talent on this team. it's being wasted.

if the giants go 3-5 the rest of the way, birds will have to go 6-2 just to tie them. anyone see that happening? :x

fuck.

at least our fans have finally gotten what they wanted with reid running the ball more

and trading a solid nfl qb for a shitty 3rd corner has worked wonders for us.

i thought they could have run a little more early actually. the bears did. worked out perfectly for them.

and at this point, it's safe to say we traded a shitty qb for a shitty corner...and a 2nd round pick. advantage, eagles on that one. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

are you fucking kidding me? the 2 guys were WIDE fucking open. it wasn't a called fake by reid. it was an audible out because i repeat the 2 guys were WIDE FUCKING OPEN. how is that play Andy Reid's fault? ugh i fucking love eagle fans

i appreciate your love but i did not mention andy reid's name.

i said they were wide open. but i would have been conservative and kicked it there. even if they are wide open there's a chance you don't make the throw. and then boom--you give the bears good field position in a game where that is the last thing you want to do.
    www.myspace.com

i said they were wide open. but i would have been conservative and kicked it there. even if they are wide open there's a chance you don't make the throw. and then boom--you give the bears good field position in a game where that is the last thing you want to do.

uncovered...2 guys...uncovered :o

and you insinuated that it was reid's fault (or that is how i read it) when you said 'relying on henry and colt anderson and you would have kicked it away' - you said nothing about how it was the special teams making the call themselves (not sure if it's henry or the upback making the call). either way it was absolutely the right play - just awful execution because our punter throws like a girl.

frustrating season.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

not sure field position mattered much. bears were moving up and down the field at will (except in the red zone)

i would have thrown, and if given the chance next, i would throw again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

uncovered...2 guys...uncovered :o

and you insinuated that it was reid's fault (or that is how i read it) when you said 'relying on henry and colt anderson and you would have kicked it away' - you said nothing about how it was the special teams making the call themselves (not sure if it's henry or the upback making the call). either way it was absolutely the right play - just awful execution because our punter throws like a girl.

frustrating season.

chill dude. it's not like reid and april had no idea what was going on. if i were them i would have told henery to kick the fucking thing regardless of what the bears coverage looked like. in my opinion, it was too risky at that stage of the game to attempt something like that...especially with a rookie punter who had never attempted anything like that at this level.

the defense was awful yesterday. just awful. i thought juan's army had turned the corner but apparently i was wrong. when your defense is leaking oil like that, i think field position is the most important thing at that point.

your boy desean jackson played the worst game of his career last night too.

probably the most frustrating season i can remember during reid's tenure.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

not sure field position mattered much. bears were moving up and down the field at will (except in the red zone)

to me that is exactly why field position mattered most. you're talking about potentially pinning them near their own endzone or giving them the ball around midfield. what field position is it easier to score with? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yea maclin had some huge drops and jackson doesnt look like the same player this year. Whats up with him? Philly d just isnt that good..gonna be tough to get in playoffs now.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    stupid eagles
    81 wrote:

to me that is exactly why field position mattered most. you're talking about potentially pinning them near their own endzone or giving them the ball around midfield. what field position is it easier to score with? :lol:

or a wide open uncovered pass for 4 yards that any of us in our middle aged condition could have made
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

or a wide open uncovered pass for 4 yards that any of us in our middle aged condition could have made

well it was more like 20 yards because it was across the field. and it was a rookie punter making the biggest play of his life at that point. i don't know that i have a lot of faith chaz henery to complete that one.

i just think at that point in the game, i would have punted it. i understand the other argument though. either way--it didn't work.
    www.myspace.com
    glad I fell alseep during half time and only woke up to see the final score, first half was painful enough.

typical Eagles - raise hopes one week only to crush them the next
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I just received an email from the Eagles asking me to fill out a season ticket holder fan satisfaction survey. When I give the word, Unleash hell! :mrgreen:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    worst philly free agent signing in the past 30 years? Lance Parrish, Chris Gratton, or Nmandi? too close to call at this moment

andy ashby or danny tartabull get my votes.

vick would be third (kidding, but he stinks)
    81 wrote:

Exactly. the bears were gashing the eagles defense all night. there is no guarantee that the eagles get the ball back if they punt there (even with 4 minutes left), since they couldn't stop the run all night.

Henry has to make that throw, plain and simple. He looked like vick on that pass
    81 wrote:

well it was more like 20 yards because it was across the field. and it was a rookie punter making the biggest play of his life at that point. i don't know that i have a lot of faith chaz henery to complete that one.

did you know that chaz henry was a highly recruited QB? He could have went to a D-1 school and played QB, but he wanted to be a Gator.

I'm guessing he completes that pass 90% of the time in practice.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    did you know that chaz henry was a highly recruited QB? He could have went to a D-1 school and played QB, but he wanted to be a Gator.

Really??? Wow....that makes the throw even worse. He threw that ball like a girl....worked out well for the Bears. :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    This Eagles team really isn't that good...I thought they'd win the division, now it looks like it's the Giants to lose.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I can't respect anyone that has a chance to be a starting qb and chooses to be a punter. PUSSY!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I can't respect anyone that has a chance to be a starting qb and chooses to be a punter. PUSSY!

hahaha. that is pretty gay
    The Fixer wrote:

i heard them mention the qb thing during the broadcast....i didn't want to bring it up tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    worst philly free agent signing in the past 30 years? Lance Parrish, Chris Gratton, or Nmandi? too close to call at this moment

andy ashby or danny tartabull get my votes.

vick would be third (kidding, but he stinks)

ah yes andy ashby what a dog he was. also adam eaton i guess would be on that list. tartabull doesn't even count as being here to me - the dude had what 2 at-bats then missed a whole year fouling the ball off his foot. those were the days.

and yes they did mention henry was highly recruited as a qb. hard to believe after seeing that throw. he threw it like aguy who didn't know how to hold the ball or the ball was too big for his hands. just awful.

as for the broadcast, man gruden talks too much. jaws hardly gets to say anything because gruden is always talking.
    pjhawks wrote:

as for the broadcast, man gruden talks too much. jaws hardly gets to say anything because gruden is always talking.

The MNF broadcast really is horrendous. I like tirico and jaws, but gruden is unbearable. They should go to the 2 man booth like NBC does with Michaels and Collinsworth (I think they are the best broadcast team in NFL history). And the amount of commercials is nauseating. I swear the NFL has instant replay just so they can show more commercials.

In general I think the league is a shit product. If not for gambling I wouldn't even watch
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

The MNF broadcast really is horrendous. I like tirico and jaws, but gruden is unbearable. They should go to the 2 man booth like NBC does with Michaels and Collinsworth (I think they are the best broadcast team in NFL history). And the amount of commercials is nauseating. I swear the NFL has instant replay just so they can show more commercials.

In general I think the league is a shit product. If not for gambling I wouldn't even watch

I agree. I DVR'd the game so we could eat dinner, started watching and was glad to be zipping through all the commercials, and then when it caught up to live, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............... fell asleep during half time, woke up to see the final score
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the commentators are horrible...the between play video is unwatchable. not to bring up the fake punt, but the play was baiscally over before they showed what was going on.

don't take me to the play just before the snap of the ball. i want to see the formation, i don't need close ups of coachs on the sideline, or individual players on the field or sideline.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I DVR'd the game so we could eat dinner

411dL7nCRdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I DVR'd the game so we could eat dinner

411dL7nCRdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

haha!! sometimes we do that, but it's kind of hard to wash the dishes in front of the tv too.
This discussion has been closed.