THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I DVR'd the game so we could eat dinner

411dL7nCRdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

haha!! sometimes we do that, but it's kind of hard to wash the dishes in front of the tv too.

Small-commercial-dishwasher.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

or a wide open uncovered pass for 4 yards that any of us in our middle aged condition could have made

well it was more like 20 yards because it was across the field. and it was a rookie punter making the biggest play of his life at that point. i don't know that i have a lot of faith chaz henery to complete that one.

did you know that chaz henry was a highly recruited QB? He could have went to a D-1 school and played QB, but he wanted to be a Gator.

I'm guessing he completes that pass 90% of the time in practice.

yeah i know. that was a long time ago. all i'm saying is it's a tough spot for a rookie punter. practice is one thing. asking him to do it with pretty much the season hanging in the balance, is another.

like i said, i would have kicked it. i understand the other argument though. too risky for me in that spot.
    www.myspace.com
    looks like kolb will miss the game this week. that sucks. i was looking forward to the homecoming.

skelton actually played better than him last week.
    www.myspace.com
    The Eagles have now lost four games in which they have a fourth quarter lead, making them just the third team in NFL history to do that in their first 8 games of the season. Only the '54 Packers and '99 Saints lost as many fourth quarter leads in the first half of the season.

:x
    www.myspace.com
    The Eagles have now lost four games in which they have a fourth quarter lead, making them just the third team in NFL history to do that in their first 8 games of the season. Only the '54 Packers and '99 Saints lost as many fourth quarter leads in the first half of the season.

congrads to the dream team on their record setting season. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    looks like kolb will miss the game this week. that sucks. i was looking forward to the homecoming.

skelton has a hand cannon

at this point I'm torn. I still think they have a chance to win the division, but they aren't going anywhere even if they get to the playoffs. It's probably best for them to lose games the rest of the way.
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

at this point I'm torn. I still think they have a chance to win the division, but they aren't going anywhere even if they get to the playoffs. It's probably best for them to lose games the rest of the way.

if they somehow get in, they'd be the hottest team in the leage probably. so i wouldn't say that, though reid hasn't done well in the playoffs in the last 6 years and they would be a low seed playing a good team so you may have a point.

i'd never wave the white flag at this point in the season. but what a disaster this has turned into. my god.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

congrads to the dream team on their record setting season. :P

they're all in! :lol: :x

fuck.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

if they somehow get in, they'd be the hottest team in the leage probably. so i wouldn't say that, though reid hasn't done well in the playoffs in the last 6 years and they would be a low seed playing a good team so you may have a point.

i'd never wave the white flag at this point in the season. but what a disaster this has turned into. my god.

I don't see this defense or qb winning a playoff game (let alone games) on the road. EDIT: just realized that if they win division their first game would be at home. so they might get to 2nd round. big deal

complete disaster. and I agree with what you said earlier about this being the most frustrating team during reid's tenure (regular season anyway)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't see this defense or qb winning a playoff game (let alone games) on the road. EDIT: just realized that if they win division their first game would be at home. so they might get to 2nd round. big deal

complete disaster. and I agree with what you said earlier about this being the most frustrating team during reid's tenure (regular season anyway)

i don't see this coach beating a very good team in the playoffs home or away.

in my opinion, i needed to see him take this team at least out of the first round of the playoffs to deserve sticking around. anything less than that is unacceptable in my eyes. way too much talent on this team.

if the qb can't get it done--he picked the qb and gave him an extension. if the d can't get it done, he's the one who promoted the fucking o line coach to coordinate it. andy reid's hands are all over this.

so frustrating.
    www.myspace.com
    if the qb can't get it done--he picked the qb and gave him an extension. if the d can't get it done, he's the one who promoted the fucking o line coach to coordinate it. andy reid's hands are all over this.

so frustrating.

fair points. I love the guy, but I can't defend those two decisions. They are obviously awful. If those choices become his downfall so be it.

I still don't see a better replacement candidate. For those gruden supporters, here were his draft picks during his oakland tenure. Yikes. His two best picks (outside of woodson, who was a top 5 pick) were kickers

1-woodson
    1-mo collins
    2-leon bender
    3-jon ritchie
    4-gennaro dinapoli
    5-jeremy brigham
    5-travian smith
    7-vince amey
    7-david sanders
    1-matt stinchcomb
    2-tony bryant
    4-dameane douglas
    5-eric barton
    5-rod coleman
    6-daren yancey
    7-jojuan armour
    1-janikowski
    2-jerry porter
    4-junior ioane
    5-lechler
    7-mondriel fulcher
    7-clifton black
    1-derrick gibson
    2-tuiasosopo
    3-delawrence grant
    5-raymond perryman
    6-chris cooper
    7-derek combs
    7-ken-yon rambo
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    by the end of the season - this team will be in the playoffs ... at which point anything can happen
    polaris_x wrote:
    by the end of the season - this team will be in the playoffs ... at which point anything can happen

we saw this QB in the playoffs last year. He shit the bed. He has two career playoff wins. He's not taking this team anywhere
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

they got about a 3-5% chance at this point. it's pretty much all over. 3 down in the division and pretty much can't win any tiebreakers for a wild card even if the go 7-1 the rest of the way. and no rational person can see this team with this defense going 7-1 the rest of the way. i said 9-7 before the season and i don't think they even getting to that at this point. still have 4 of their toughest games to play: at the giants, patriots, jets, at cowboys. it's over.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    The Fixer wrote:

we saw this QB in the playoffs last year. He shit the bed. He has two career playoff wins. He's not taking this team anywhere
    who bugs you more, howard or vick? I'm guessing howard ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

depends on the context. howard's contract is the worst thing in sports. vick is the worst person in sports.

at least howard has won something. I'd probably go vick on this one. I hate everything about him as a person...and he sucks as a qb on top of that.
    i agree. i don't have the historical stats, but not many teams come back from a 3-5 start to make the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    vick is the worst person in sports.

Didn't Ray Lewis kill somebody?

and what about that DUI guy in st louis that killed someone

is OJ still considered sports?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

depends on the context. howard's contract is the worst thing in sports. vick is the worst person in sports.

at least howard has won something. I'd probably go vick on this one. I hate everything about him as a person...and he sucks as a qb on top of that.
    pretty much agree....altho I loathe ray lewis aka "stabby" more than vick. phony ass fucking thug :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks wrote:
    still have 4 of their toughest games to play: at the giants, patriots, jets, at cowboys. it's over.

SF is better than all of these teams. Atlanta as well
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    vick is the worst person in sports.

Didn't Ray Lewis kill somebody?

and what about that DUI guy in st louis that killed someone

is OJ still considered sports?

donte stallworth, leonard little, ray lewis, mike vick. the NFL is a who's who of stand up individuals. take your pick
    polaris_x wrote:

i agree that anything can happen. but they have such an uphill battle at this point.

reid also has a 13 year history of getting outcoached against quality opponets. he's real good against the 8 or 9 win playoff teams. but we're not gonna see them as the 5 or 6 seed.

inexcusable for this team to be 3-5 at this point.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

so frustrating.

fair points. I love the guy, but I can't defend those two decisions. They are obviously awful. If those choices become his downfall so be it.

there's also the awful defensive drafting for the better part of a decade now.

i know i say this all the time, but i still can't believe how andy reid has undervalued the linebacker position for as long as he has. it makes zero sense. all good teams have at least one solid linebacker. we've got a bunch of 5th and 6th rounders out there every year.

he's let this team become soft over the years. i fucking hate that.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

so frustrating.

i know i say this all the time, but i still can't believe how andy reid has undervalued the linebacker position for as long as he has. it makes zero sense. all good teams have at least one solid linebacker. we've got a bunch of 5th and 6th rounders out there every year.

to be fair you were also real excited about DRC coming here. I said I didn't want him because he's a bitch.

you were excited about nate allen too and he's sean consadine part 2.

reid has done a terrible job of drafting LBs. He has wasted some high picks on them and they haven't panned out.

I don't know. The guy's philosophy seems to work pretty well. His career record is pretty fucking good. He just hasn't been able to pick a QB that has been able to get them over the hump in the playoffs. That could lead to his downfall. I really don't see the eagles getting rid of him anytime soon though...regardless of what the fans want.

I still don't get how the eagles fans treat buddy ryan, who won exactly ZERO playoff games here, like a god and they crucify andy reid. mind boggling
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    The Fixer wrote:

so frustrating.

at least they didn't follow the advice of you and a few others on here and sign that turd Albert Haynesworth. Released by the Patriots today after failing to find any takers for the dog. i think after week 2 you even tried to sell me that the birds should have signed him. as i said in the off-seaon once a turd always a turd.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

at least they didn't follow the advice of you and a few others on here and sign that turd Albert Haynesworth. Released by the Patriots today after failing to find any takers for the dog. i think after week 2 you even tried to sell me that the birds should have signed him. as i said in the off-seaon once a turd always a turd.

I wanted the eagles to sign haynesworth. Call me crazy, but I still wouldn't mind them brining him in. Gotta figure the guy is running out of chances. And it's pretty obvious that the eagles defense needs all the help it can get. If anyone can light a fire under his ass it is washburn

kinda pathetic that the season has come to this :cry:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

to be fair you were also real excited about DRC coming here. I said I didn't want him because he's a bitch.

reid has done a terrible job of drafting LBs. He has wasted some high picks on them and they haven't panned out.

I don't know. The guy's philosophy seems to work pretty well. His career record is pretty fucking good. He just hasn't been able to pick a QB that has been able to get them over the hump in the playoffs. That could lead to his downfall. I really don't see the eagles getting rid of him anytime soon though...regardless of what the fans want.

I still don't get how the eagles fans treat buddy ryan, who won exactly ZERO playoff games here, like a god and they crucify andy reid. mind boggling

drc was a trade, not a draft pick. it was a good one for the eagles (you thought it was a good trade too). kolb's not a very good quarterback. he was having a bad year and now is injured. plus they got a 2nd rounder out of it.

his record is good in the regular season. but he struggles against good teams. always has--this year is no different. and he hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. and has only won 3 playoff games since 2004. the eagles have been largely mediocre for about 6 years now. the goal is to win a championship, not 10 regular season games every year followed by a quick playoff exit.
    www.myspace.com
    the benefit to giving haynesworth a shot was that you could cut him like the pats just did if it didn't work out and they wouldn't be stuck owing him a huge amount of money.
    www.myspace.com
    now you guys want Albert. :lol:

dude got paid and got fat and lazy. i wouldn't touch him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

drc was a trade, not a draft pick. it was a good one for the eagles (you thought it was a good trade too). kolb's not a very good quarterback. he was having a bad year and now is injured. plus they got a 2nd rounder out of it.

his record is good in the regular season. but he struggles against good teams. always has--this year is no different. and he hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. and has only won 3 playoff games since 2004. the eagles have been largely mediocre for about 6 years now. the goal is to win a championship, not 10 regular season games every year followed by a quick playoff exit.

I liked the trade for the 2nd rounder...not because of DRC. I was on record as saying I didn't like him because he was too soft and they already had a soft corner in samuel. My point was that you are ripping reid for allowing his team to get soft, but you were on board with some of the guys he brought in. Just asking you to be fair...you can't agree with moves they make then rip them for being soft

I think most coaches probably struggle against good teams. Reid still has a winning record in the playoffs. He just had them in the NFC title game 3 years ago.

You guys know where I stand. Like I said, I'll be surprsised if he gets canned.

My buddies at the game were talking about how crazy the crowd went for buddy at halftime. I'm glad I declined tix. I would have lost my shit if I was there for that
This discussion has been closed.