THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the benefit to giving haynesworth a shot was that you could cut him like the pats just did if it didn't work out and they wouldn't be stuck owing him a huge amount of money.

exactly. there was no downside. still isn't...especially with where they are at this point

I wouldn't mind seeing the eagles cut someone like samuel to try and wake this team up.
  • reid has done a terrible job of drafting LBs. He has wasted some high picks on them and they haven't panned out.

I don't know. The guy's philosophy seems to work pretty well. His career record is pretty fucking good. He just hasn't been able to pick a QB that has been able to get them over the hump in the playoffs. That could lead to his downfall. I really don't see the eagles getting rid of him anytime soon though...regardless of what the fans want.

I still don't get how the eagles fans treat buddy ryan, who won exactly ZERO playoff games here, like a god and they crucify andy reid. mind boggling

So now record matters? Cause it doesn't to you in baseball. Kinda funny imo, the guy with a title is a moron and should be fired. Yet the guy who for years has made the same bad mistakes is praised and should be allowed to continue. If that isn't a crazy thought process then i guess i am clueless.

And i'd sign Haynesworth as well so maybe i am nuts!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • And what coach and franchise says there all in and then hires there off line coach to be there DEF CORD. I could see making him a lb's coach or something. He's just so full of himself and that irks me to know end.
    Go Birds!!!!
    reid has done a terrible job of drafting LBs. He has wasted some high picks on them and they haven't panned out.

I don't know. The guy's philosophy seems to work pretty well. His career record is pretty fucking good. He just hasn't been able to pick a QB that has been able to get them over the hump in the playoffs. That could lead to his downfall. I really don't see the eagles getting rid of him anytime soon though...regardless of what the fans want.

I still don't get how the eagles fans treat buddy ryan, who won exactly ZERO playoff games here, like a god and they crucify andy reid. mind boggling

So now record matters? Cause it doesn't to you in baseball. Kinda funny imo, the guy with a title is a moron and should be fired. Yet the guy who for years has made the same bad mistakes is praised and should be allowed to continue. If that isn't a crazy thought process then i guess i am clueless.

reid has never had a team that was the odds on favorite to win it all (even in 2001 the birds would have been dogs to oakland in the SB). manuel has choked with the WS favorite each of the last 2 years

I really don't want to get into an eagles vs phillies thing. Two completely different situations
  • The Fixer wrote:
    reid has done a terrible job of drafting LBs. He has wasted some high picks on them and they haven't panned out.

reid has never had a team that was the odds on favorite to win it all (even in 2001 the birds would have been dogs to oakland in the SB). manuel has choked with the WS favorite each of the last 2 years

I really don't want to get into an eagles vs phillies thing. Two completely different situations
    Dude it's the exact same thing. We were the favorites in every nfc title game besides the Stl game. We played teams we whooped and lost too twice in that run. We lost 2 home games and one in Ariz who me destroyed on Thursday night football. It's not the same to you because u hate one person and love the other. your not being real ur being biased.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    to be fair you were also real excited about DRC coming here. I said I didn't want him because he's a bitch.

you were excited about nate allen too and he's sean consadine part 2.

drc was a trade, not a draft pick. it was a good one for the eagles (you thought it was a good trade too). kolb's not a very good quarterback. he was having a bad year and now is injured. plus they got a 2nd rounder out of it.

his record is good in the regular season. but he struggles against good teams. always has--this year is no different. and he hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. and has only won 3 playoff games since 2004. the eagles have been largely mediocre for about 6 years now. the goal is to win a championship, not 10 regular season games every year followed by a quick playoff exit.

I liked the trade for the 2nd rounder...not because of DRC. I was on record as saying I didn't like him because he was too soft and they already had a soft corner in samuel. My point was that you are ripping reid for allowing his team to get soft, but you were on board with some of the guys he brought in. Just asking you to be fair...you can't agree with moves they make then rip them for being soft

I think most coaches probably struggle against good teams. Reid still has a winning record in the playoffs. He just had them in the NFC title game 3 years ago.

You guys know where I stand. Like I said, I'll be surprsised if he gets canned.

My buddies at the game were talking about how crazy the crowd went for buddy at halftime. I'm glad I declined tix. I would have lost my shit if I was there for that

look, reid hasn't won anything either but people would go crazy for him if he was 80 years old and battling cancer too. everyone's tenure is looked upon better years after it ended. a lot of people in this town were happy when he was fired.

god bless buddy. hope he wins this battle.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude it's the exact same thing. We were the favorites in every nfc title game besides the Stl game. We played teams we whooped and lost too twice in that run. We lost 2 home games and one in Ariz who me destroyed on Thursday night football. It's not the same to you because u hate one person and love the other. your not being real ur being biased.

his hatred of manual and blind loyalty to reid despite, in his opinion, reid continually picking the wrong player at the most important position in all of sports is just ridiculous. that much is obvious. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

they did choke in a couple of those NFC title games. I've said a billion times that mcnabb was the problem, not reid.

also, the NFC title game isn't winning it all.
    look, reid hasn't won anything either but people would go crazy for him if he was 80 years old and battling cancer too. everyone's tenure is looked upon better years after it ended. a lot of people in this town were happy when he was fired.

eh, cancer aside I think we would all agree that he is more revered in this town than reid is.

I think buddy was a douche, but of course I want to see him do well in his fight against cancer. His recent quotes that his eagles teams were close to winning a super bowl were downright comical. The guy never even won a playoff game!!
    his hatred of manual and blind loyalty to reid despite, in his opinion, reid continually picking the wrong player at the most important position in all of sports is just ridiculous. that much is obvious. :lol:

haven't I said that if he gets fired for that then I can't disagree? Nice to see that you are beginning to see the light on vick though ;)

I would bring up baseball points on why I dislike manuel, but that is a waste of time on this board since people would rather argue nonsense.
    The Fixer wrote:

eh, cancer aside I think we would all agree that he is more revered in this town than reid is.

I think buddy was a douche, but of course I want to see him do well in his fight against cancer. His recent quotes that his eagles teams were close to winning a super bowl were downright comical. The guy never even won a playoff game!!

those teams were so much fun to watch. people in this town love hard hitting defense and he's one of the alltime great defensive coaches. not a great head coach though, obviously. he was just a likeable person.

when he was fired reaction was pretty mixed though. time eases wounds. reid will absolutely be revered down the line, just like donovan will be eventually.

eventually this team may actually win a championship. that guy who leads him there will be revered like none other in this town though.
    www.myspace.com
  • they did choke in a couple of those NFC title games. I've said a billion times that mcnabb was the problem, not reid.

In a couple try 4, 4 out of 5. If 5 was the complete problem then why are the SAME EXACT things happening now? 5 and Vick don't take forever to get plays in. 5 and Vick didn't undervalue the WR spot for yrs. 5 and Vick didn't draft lb's. 5 and Vick didn't let B-Dawk leave and in trust a rookie safety. 5 and Vick didn't hire an off line coach to coach the def. 5 and Vick didn't have greg lewis fumbling punts,when he never had done it before. There's many many more i'm sure. Point is it's the same shit every year and im sick of it. I still don't get how a title and world series apperance and the best record in franchise history is an epic failure. Yet a coach who's been here for 12-13yrs and who has choked 4 times when huge favorites isn't worse.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

haven't I said that if he gets fired for that then I can't disagree? Nice to see that you are beginning to see the light on vick though ;)

I would bring up baseball points on why I dislike manuel, but that is a waste of time on this board since people would rather argue nonsense.

i disagree completely with vick. that is why i said "in your opinion." you shouldn't say "if" he gets fired though. according to you it is reid's decisions that are causing them not to win. if you truly believed that, you should want him to get canned. unless you enjoy not winning championships. yeah, 10 wins every year! :roll:

nonsense always stems from one guy. that would you.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

those teams were so much fun to watch. people in this town love hard hitting defense and he's one of the alltime great defensive coaches. not a great head coach though, obviously. he was just a likeable person.

when he was fired reaction was pretty mixed though. time eases wounds. reid will absolutely be revered down the line, just like donovan will be eventually.

eventually this team may actually win a championship. that guy who leads him there will be revered like none other in this town though.

yeah, great coordinator...awful coach...huge douchebag

philly is absolutely a football town. no doubt about it. it's the eagles first and everyone else after that.

sucks that the season has turned to this. glad I have the towson tigers to get me through the rest of football season :thumbup:
    The Fixer wrote:

i disagree completely with vick. that is why i said "in your opinion." you shouldn't say "if" he gets fired though. according to you it is reid's decisions that are causing them not to win. if you truly believed that, you should want him to get canned. unless you enjoy not winning championships. yeah, 10 wins every year! :roll:

well, you were wrong about mcnabb, so your track record with QBs isn't great. keep defending vick though, he has done great since he's been here :roll: .

I think reid gives them the best chance to win games. He just needs to realize that certain QBs can't win in the NFL. yes, that is his fault. There aren't many coaches I'd rather have groom the next QB when vick's time here is finally up though. And again, those that want reid gone so badly should have replacements at the ready. Who do you want to coach this team?? Your boy mike shanahan?

I'm the guy that likes to debate sports. I have tried with you numerous times in other threads. When outclassed you choose to run away. Can't say I blame you...you save yourself plenty of embarrassment. I'm ready in the phils thread when you figure out what they should do this offseason.
  • Spags once he gets canned,Gruden, even Billichk. I'd look into a young college guy or the dude from Boise. I just want a fresh outlook,not another guy who is just an extension of Reid.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Spags once he gets canned,Gruden, even Billichk. I'd look into a young college guy or the dude from Boise. I just want a fresh outlook,not another guy who is just an extension of Reid.

so you want to fire reid and wait for spagnolo to get fired. Is juan castillo gonna coach until all of this magically happens? that's a brilliant strategy. the Rams overacheived last year in spagnolo's first year...I don't know why you see him getting fired to begin with.

did you see the gruden draft picks that I posted?? yeah, I'd love a guy that drafts so well. Reid's defensive drafts haven't been great, but his offensive drafts have been incredible. gruden's only draft strength was drafting kickers...great.

College coaches have done great in the NFL. Jim Harbaugh is the exception to this rule...a complete aberration based on history. Chris Peterson isn't coming to the NFL anyway.

Billick is interesting. Though you could argue that the ravens super bowl win and success was based solely on their defense...and he's an offensive guy. That should tell you something. I don't think that would be an improvement over reid.

Good head coaches aren't easy to find.
  • they did choke in a couple of those NFC title games. I've said a billion times that mcnabb was the problem, not reid.

In a couple try 4, 4 out of 5. If 5 was the complete problem then why are the SAME EXACT things happening now? 5 and Vick don't take forever to get plays in. 5 and Vick didn't undervalue the WR spot for yrs. 5 and Vick didn't draft lb's. 5 and Vick didn't let B-Dawk leave and in trust a rookie safety. 5 and Vick didn't hire an off line coach to coach the def. 5 and Vick didn't have greg lewis fumbling punts,when he never had done it before. There's many many more i'm sure. Point is it's the same shit every year and im sick of it. I still don't get how a title and world series apperance and the best record in franchise history is an epic failure. Yet a coach who's been here for 12-13yrs and who has choked 4 times when huge favorites isn't worse.
    Funny how u must have missed this one. :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

well, you were wrong about mcnabb, so your track record with QBs isn't great. keep defending vick though, he has done great since he's been here :roll: .

I think reid gives them the best chance to win games. He just needs to realize that certain QBs can't win in the NFL. yes, that is his fault. There aren't many coaches I'd rather have groom the next QB when vick's time here is finally up though. And again, those that want reid gone so badly should have replacements at the ready. Who do you want to coach this team?? Your boy mike shanahan?

I'm the guy that likes to debate sports. I have tried with you numerous times in other threads. When outclassed you choose to run away. Can't say I blame you...you save yourself plenty of embarrassment. I'm ready in the phils thread when you figure out what they should do this offseason.

haha...you are priceless dude. ranting and raving that people aren't talking baseball in early november. :lol:

not sure what i was wrong about with mcnabb. i said he was the best qb in franchise history. i was right. i say the same thing about reid. right again. thing is, the franchise hasn't had a lot of success. both are/were good at what they did, but not great. it was time for donny to go a couple years ago. i think we've reached that time with andy.

thing is, reid gives them the best chance to win in the regular season. in the playoffs, his over dependence on the pass, his misuse of the clock and timeouts, his inability to think on his feet, and his failure to make adjustments are what prevents him from defeating good teams. these are the same problems he has had since 1999. that is a long time.

blind reid supporters are happy with having 13 years worth of excuses for the man. that is asinine to me. i want this team to win a championship, and it seems like this man is incapable of getting us over the hump. thought this year would be different, instead he has them at a solid 3-5 at the midway point.
    www.myspace.com
    Spags once he gets canned,Gruden, even Billichk. I'd look into a young college guy or the dude from Boise. I just want a fresh outlook,not another guy who is just an extension of Reid.

spags is intriguing actually. don't think the timing is right though. sometimes a coach needs to fail with a team and learn from his mistakes to make him a better coach in a different city. he was a great d coordinator. maybe bring him back to replace juan if reid sticks around. doubt reid would agree to that as he'd be looking over his back.

the eagles don't operate like most teams. both of lurie's and banner's coaching hires have come out of left field.

i agree with the fresh start though. it's worked with other teams who had coaches that were unable to get their teams over the hump.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    randall c. on E60
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    they did choke in a couple of those NFC title games. I've said a billion times that mcnabb was the problem, not reid.

the eagles were favored at St louis vs one of the best teams ever. fuck, I must have missed that game. not sure how that happened. I'm going to have to look that game up.

also, learn to quote. your posts are difficult enough to read
  • The Fixer wrote:

the eagles were favored at St louis vs one of the best teams ever. fuck, I must have missed that game. not sure how that happened. I'm going to have to look that game up.

also, learn to quote. your posts are difficult enough to read

Guess u must of forgotten or missed the part were i said that.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks' worst nightmare (other than a balanced offense):
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-destiny/

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

haha...you are priceless dude. ranting and raving that people aren't talking baseball in early november. :lol:

not sure what i was wrong about with mcnabb. i said he was the best qb in franchise history. i was right. i say the same thing about reid. right again. thing is, the franchise hasn't had a lot of success. both are/were good at what they did, but not great. it was time for donny to go a couple years ago. i think we've reached that time with andy.

thing is, reid gives them the best chance to win in the regular season. in the playoffs, his over dependence on the pass, his misuse of the clock and timeouts, his inability to think on his feet, and his failure to make adjustments are what prevents him from defeating good teams. these are the same problems he has had since 1999. that is a long time.

blind reid supporters are happy with having 13 years worth of excuses for the man. that is asinine to me. i want this team to win a championship, and it seems like this man is incapable of getting us over the hump. thought this year would be different, instead he has them at a solid 3-5 at the midway point.

1 - funny how you've been in philsthread to discuss boxing, but won't touch baseball talk

2 - you were all up in arms that reid traded mcnabb within the division and expected the skins to be a threat. I tried to convince you otherwise, to no avail. we even made a bet about how many games the skins would win, which I won.

you may be right that it's time for reid to go. his players obviously still like playing for him though, so I don't think things have gotten stale. He's just made some poor decision in the last couple of years (namely vick and castillo)...again, if that costs him his job I can't argue with that. two pretty important decisions

3 - the NFL is a passing league. GB is more dependent on the pass than the eagles. they aren't a bad team. honestly I think the two teams are pretty similar...except for the enormous disparity in QB play

4 - again, if you want him gone you should have replacements in mind

yeah, you are repeating yourself. what's your point?

beating a team in the regular season obviously doesn't mean the same result is going to happen in the playoffs. not sure where you came up with that brilliant theory
  • The Fixer wrote:

yeah, you are repeating yourself. what's your point?

Your comment not mine. Hence why i have to repeat myself.

beating a team in the regular season obviously doesn't mean the same result is going to happen in the playoffs. not sure where you came up with that brilliant theory
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - funny how you've been in philsthread to discuss boxing, but won't touch baseball talk

2 - you were all up in arms that reid traded mcnabb within the division and expected the skins to be a threat. I tried to convince you otherwise, to no avail. we even made a bet about how many games the skins would win, which I won.

you may be right that it's time for reid to go. his players obviously still like playing for him though, so I don't think things have gotten stale. He's just made some poor decision in the last couple of years (namely vick and castillo)...again, if that costs him his job I can't argue with that. two pretty important decisions

3 - the NFL is a passing league. GB is more dependent on the pass than the eagles. they aren't a bad team. honestly I think the two teams are pretty similar...except for the enormous disparity in QB play

4 - again, if you want him gone you should have replacements in mind

1-you were the one who replied to the rest of our talk about thome over the weekend. it's november 8th. most people aren't obsessed over baseball at this point in the year. :lol:

2- i thought it was time for donovan to go. i just don't like trading within division. in any sport. we've done it twice with the cowboys in the last few years have come up on the short end of the stick. it was definitely time for mcnabb to go though. for proof, check the very first post of this thread. maybe that was before you started posting in here....reid has been making poor in game decisions for 13 years.

3-was this in reference to me saying reid's over dependence on the pass, his misuse of the clock and timeouts, his inability to think on his feet, and his failure to make adjustments are what prevents him from defeating good teams? .......so yeah, the packers pass more than the birds, but that's not quite just it. also, starks and grant have more combined carries than shady. they use a committie over there...and, yeah, they have a qb playing about as well as any other qb who has ever played the game. yeah, he's better than vick. and he's a zillion times better than kevin kolb :lol: ...and everything else i said is absolutely valid. thank you for not disputing them.

4-everyone knows all of the head coaching candidates out there. the eagles have gone under the radar in both of their head coaching hires though. i don't think the guy manages a game well. been saying that for a while. any of the names out there could handle it better...and might actually put some value in the linebacker position :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    I said in the phils thread that I was fine with thome signing. that move is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. yes, it's november 8th, right in the heart of the hot stove season. What else do you think the phils should do?

well, this reid stuff has been fun. should have lots of time to continue this crap over the next few months. at least most of this has been sports related for a change
    And what coach and franchise says there all in and then hires there off line coach to be there DEF CORD. I could see making him a lb's coach or something. He's just so full of himself and that irks me to know end.

one of the headlines in the daily news last week was "An Army of Juan!" :lol:

might be one of the dumbest moves i've ever seen a football team make...but at least we get a little comic relief out of it though. it's pretty funny if you think about it.

i'm pissed the kolber hurt his toe. i was really looking forward to going to the cards game. now, not so much.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.