THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    a win today will be huge even if it's just week 2.....would mean 2-0 in conference and a win against a team we could be tied with at the end.

tough one though. falcons were embarrased last week. they're better than that.

they will probably blitz less than the rams did so vick may have more time. that could free up celek for some big catches.

concerned about our run defense. turner's a beast. young mathews will have his hands full.

i wanna see how chaney does against tony gonzalez. big test for him.

a loss isn't the end of the world. but starting 2-0 with the soft part of the schedule on tap before the bye would be fucking great.

GO. BIRDS.

gonna be a close game. hope they win, but have my worries. I say 27-24 eagles.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm taking the birds in this one
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:

i see what you did there.
    www.myspace.com
    let's do this.
    www.myspace.com
    dunta robinson can go directly to hell. jesus christ...
    www.myspace.com
  • That was dreamy... :lol:
    edited September 2011
    loved the approach of the offense tonight. i think shady is the best player on this team. at least offensively. turnovers will kill you every time though.

vick...neck injury. fingers are crossed. kafka looked good...that happens a lot with backups when the d didn't prepare for them though.

i was concerend about the run defense and interested in how chaney looked against gonzalez. yeah, still concerned. lb's got pushed all over the place for the 2nd game in a row.....defense was bad in the redzone too.

this game is a perfect example of my beef with andy reid. guy's a good coach, no doubt. but he always has problems thinking on his feet, especially in tight situations. not sure why you don't throw the challenge flag on that interception that really wasn't in the 3rd. cost us 7 points. then at the end you blow a timeout when he should have known what he was going to call if 3rd down didn't pan out. those extra 10 seconds sure would have come in handy at the end there. you'd think in 13 years he would improve in these areas...

like i said this morning, 1-1 is not the end of the world (i had them 0-2 at this point). but blowing a big lead in the 4th quarter is distressing. really hope vick is okay.

entertaining game though.....soft part of the schedule heading into the bye is on deck.

also--offensive line is better than i expected.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:

Great call :thumbup:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    concussion for vick. fuck.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    and here comes september...we're 1-1 but we suck. honestly my personal favorite though is the fans for the team from Washington (insert your fave al pic here) who text me about how much everyone in the East sucks and that they are going to the Super Bowl. The best part with them is when they quit next week after they lose to the Cowboys on the road.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    As much as I'm rooting for Vick....why did he foolishly feel the need to respond to Falcon fans while walking off the field? That's what they are supposed to do heckle you and get under your skin...there's no need to point to the scoreboard just because your team was up at that time. Let it GO and play when you can play!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

there is a reason i didn't draft him in fantasy...this might be it...

those dream team comments might come back and haunt you guys.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

there is a reason i didn't draft him in fantasy...this might be it...

those dream team comments might come back and haunt you guys.

ironically it happened while he stayed in the pocket and completed a tough pass. he wasn't even hit that hard too--just banged helmets with his right tackle on the way down.

the dream team comment was foolishly made by one guy, vince young, and then the media ran with it. i had them at 0-2 at this point. they should have won that game by 2 touchdowns. left a lot points on the board.

they're work in progress till the end of the season. hopefully vick doesn't miss too much time.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    loved the approach of the offense tonight. i think shady is the best player on this team. at least offensively. turnovers will kill you every time though.

vick...neck injury. fingers are crossed. kafka looked good...that happens a lot with backups when the d didn't prepare for them though.

i was concerend about the run defense and interested in how chaney looked against gonzalez. yeah, still concerned. lb's got pushed all over the place for the 2nd game in a row.....defense was bad in the redzone too.

this game is a perfect example of my beef with andy reid. guy's a good coach, no doubt. but he always has problems thinking on his feet, especially in tight situations. not sure why you don't throw the challenge flag on that interception that really wasn't in the 3rd. cost us 7 points. then at the end you blow a timeout when he should have known what he was going to call if 3rd down didn't pan out. those extra 10 seconds sure would have come in handy at the end there. you'd think in 13 years he would improve in these areas...

like i said this morning, 1-1 is not the end of the world (i had them 0-2 at this point). but blowing a big lead in the 4th quarter is distressing. really hope vick is okay.

entertaining game though.....soft part of the schedule heading into the bye is on deck.

also--offensive line is better than i expected.

jackson is the best and most talented player on this offense and not sure how that is disputed. mccoy is pretty good though.

maclin never drops a ball...oops. stunning that he dropped that one.

chaney and the linebackers are awful. reid's never valued linebackers but this is the worst group of all.

why do we continue to insist on having shitty linebackers cover great tight ends, especially in obvious passing downs? the falcons last 3rd and 4 on about the 20 where we head chaney still covering gonzalez was a disaster. gonzalez takes 2 steps turns right and is wide open for an easy 1st down. awful defense. they could have thrown the ball to gonzalez all night

not reid's fault for not challenging that play. at no point before the next play was there a definitive replay to show it wasn't a catch. it wasn't until much later that the replay showing it bounced came out. plus if i'm not mistaken wouldn't that have been the eagles last challenge of the game and still had over a quarter to play? although i've always believed that one of the 87 coaches teams have is a 'strategy coach' who looks only at replays/when to challenge and things like when to go for 2. take those things off the head coaches plate.

mike smith taking 3 knees then punting the ball to jackson was by far the most inept and stupid decision of the game. no reason not to try and run the ball and get a 1st down.
    mccoy led the team in rushes, rushing yards, and catches last year. he's also vastly improved as a blocker. so, it can be disputed if you know football.

reid actually won his first challenge so he still had 2 left. it was a huge turning point in the game, you gotta throw the flag. no question.

but clearly they lost because they didn't throw the ball 80% of the time though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    mccoy led the team in rushes, rushing yards, and catches last year. he's also vastly improved as a blocker. so, it can be disputed if you know football.

reid actually won his first challenge so he still had 2 left. it was a huge turning point in the game, you gotta throw the flag. no question.

but clearly they lost because they didn't throw the ball 80% of the time though. :lol:

nope actually they lost because of a horrible turnover on a running play at the end of the 2nd quarter (awesome play by jackson to run him down by the way), shitty linebackers, and an injury because we left our mobile quarterback standing in the pocket like a statue as you requested (although it was a completely fluky play so can't blame it on anything but shitty luck). and i won't even mention how easily our passing game rolled down the field with a 3rd string never played before qb...
    edited September 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

nope actually they lost because of a horrible turnover on a running play at the end of the 2nd quarter (awesome play by jackson to run him down by the way), shitty linebackers, and an injury because we left our mobile quarterback standing in the pocket like a statue as you requested (although it was a completely fluky play so can't blame it on anything but shitty luck). and i won't even mention how easily our passing game rolled down the field with a 3rd string never played before qb...

those damn risky running plays! they always end up like that! :thumbup: :lol:

vick got injured "because" we left him the pocket huh? it was a soft hit. he just banged helmets with herremans. you're right though. he's more likely to get killed in the pocket than by bobbing and weaving between linebackers and safties. bring back the 2003 mike vick! :?

backup quarterback against a prevent defense is your argument for throwing the ball over 80% now?

wow. just.... :lol: this is the philadelphia eagles thread. we're supposed to be knowledgable fans. it's an embarrasement that this thread is filled up with so much of your nonsense. think i'm gonna spend more time in the bears thread (or even, gulp, the cowboys thread). good god. :roll:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    :lol:

have they said how much time Vick might miss?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

jeez...

no he's going to have to go threw multiple tests this week. probably won't know till late in the week.
    www.myspace.com
    ok..maybe a better question would be...do you know if it is a minor concussion or a more severe :?:

you philly people should be all over this. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    ok..maybe a better question would be...do you know if it is a minor concussion or a more severe :?:

nobody knows yet :lol:

apparently he was walking around the locker room telling people he was fine. but people said he didn't look good.

with concussions you have to go through mulitiple tests spanning a couple days apart and then get cleared by team docs and then by an independet doctor. i'd be surprised if he plays this week...
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

jeez...

no he's going to have to go threw multiple tests this week. probably won't know till late in the week.

isn't it automatic now you have to sit for at least a week with a diagnosed concussion?
    pjhawks wrote:

vick got injured "because" we left him the pocket huh? it was a soft hit. he just banged helmets with herremans. you're right though. he's more likely to get killed in the pocket than by bobbing and weaving between linebackers and safties. bring back the 2003 mike vick! :?

backup quarterback against a prevent defense is your argument for throwing the ball over 80% now?

wow. just.... :lol: this is the philadelphia eagles thread. we're supposed to be knowledgable fans. it's an embarrasement that this thread is filled up with so much of your nonsense. think i'm gonna spend more time in the bears thread (or even, gulp, the cowboys thread). good god. :roll:

and whoever thinks Eagles fans are knowledgeable or sensible is even crazier than someone who wants to throw the ball as much as i do. do you not pay attention around this city after a loss? :roll: :roll: :roll:
    81 wrote:

nobody knows yet :lol:

apparently he was walking around the locker room telling people he was fine. but people said he didn't look good.

with concussions you have to go through mulitiple tests spanning a couple days apart and then get cleared by team docs and then by an independet doctor. i'd be surprised if he plays this week...

you can tell tho that some are a lot worse than others....when the player comes off the field. i figured you eagles fans had a open line to the doctors office :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and whoever thinks Eagles fans are knowledgeable or sensible is even crazier than someone who wants to throw the ball as much as i do. do you not pay attention around this city after a loss? :roll: :roll: :roll:

so not only are you not knowledgeable, you're also crazy? sounds about right.

well we've finally found something we can agree on.
    www.myspace.com
  • Why did Andy Reid not throw the red flag?

The only thing he did throw last night was FASTBALLZ at the opposing QB.

TIMEZ URZ
    I knew it all along, see?
    so not only are you not knowledgeable, you're also crazy? sounds about right.

well we've finally found something we can agree on.

hey never said i wasn't crazy but sometimes crazy works. and i believe i'm very knowledgeable although admittedly football is probably 4th on my list of sports. and crazy worked for bill walsh and buddy ryan when they revolutionized the game. crazy works... :D
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    So do y'all have a price on Dunta Robinson's head yet after his antics the past couple of years?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • MIke Kafka. Awesome. :roll:

This thread sucks. Why even respond to someone who thinks a team should throw the ball 90% of the time? Just laugh and move on.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    MIke Kafka. Awesome. :roll:

This thread sucks. Why even respond to someone who thinks a team should throw the ball 90% of the time? Just laugh and move on.

80% - and it is kind of funny watching juggler's head explode on here about it.

and tough loss saturday johnny. only saw mid 3rd quarter to mid 4th quarter but penn state looked like they got pretty lucky. the lack of skill players on Penn State's offense is kind of disturbing. other than moye doesn't seem like they got much big play skill on offense. even Redd is kind of average for that level.
This discussion has been closed.