Horos wrote:
    Franchise tag on Vick?

Let the arguing ensue. :lol:

Best move they can make.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    Horos wrote:
    Franchise tag on Vick?

Let the arguing ensue. :lol:

i think we're all in agreement on that one actually. totally the right move at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Come on, you guys can't agree, that's the whole fun of reading this thread.

Where's Fixer?? He won't be on the same page with you two.

IMO Vick will never take you guys all the way, he's a dynamic players but doesn't have the QB qualities it takes to be a true winner. Never was going to do it in Atlanta why would you think he could in Philly?
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

IMO Vick will never take you guys all the way, he's a dynamic players but doesn't have the QB qualities it takes to be a true winner. Never was going to do it in Atlanta why would you think he could in Philly?

:lol:

it's either franchise him or sign him for 4 years. it's not like they were going to let him walk at this point.

wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended at some point next season though. then, you might see some arguments....
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Horos wrote:

+1
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    www.myspace.com
    joe woods...joe woods... :|
    www.myspace.com
  • Like I say every year, my beloved Eagles will never win a Superbowl.

Go ahead, guys, be butthurt.

Also, yeah, the secondary was awesome this year without that bum Sheldon whatever his name was. Seriously, it was so much greater without him. Boy, I sure hope they extend Hobbs, Hanson, and Patterson!
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Trevard Lindley: THE ANSWER!! :|
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited February 2011
    Offensive Line Coach ?!?!?!?!

:crazy: :wtf:

http://www.csnphilly.com/02/02/11/Eagle ... feedID=704
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    what in god's name is going on here? :? :? :?

Eagles surprise: Juan Castillo will be their defensive coordinator
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 2, 2011, 4:36 PM EST
    Philadelphia found their next defensive coordinator in a surprising place: Their offensive coaching staff.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Juan Castillo will be moved from offensive line coach to defensive coordinator. Long-time Colts offensive line coach Howard Mudd will take over the offensive line duties.

Mike Nolan once made a similar move from receivers coach to defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Bill Belichick was an offensive coach early in his career. With that said, there are few examples of coaches in this day of specialization making the kind of jump Castillo is making. Castillo hasn’t coached defense since he was at a Texas high school in 1989.

It’s a bold and possible defining move at a tenuous time in Andy Reid’s tenure in Philadelphia. There will be a ridiculous amount of pressure on Castillo, but the decision is so out-of-the-box that we are want to give it a chance.

UPDATE: The Eagles have confirmed the move.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jeags, I have no idea how this is a step up from McDermott

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait - in more important news, Howard Mudd is now the O-line coach? That's awesome.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait - in more important news, Howard Mudd is now the O-line coach? That's awesome.

yes that is fantastic. great move. i didn't even know he was available. but i wonder if reid originally wanted him to coach the defense though. :lol:

oh boy...
    www.myspace.com
    juan castillo hasn't coached defense since he was a high school coach in texas....in 1989.

if the eagles were looking for a guy with more experience than mcdermott, they certainly got that... apparently it just doesn't matter what the experience was in.

can't wait to hear reid talk about this...
    www.myspace.com

yes that is fantastic. great move. i didn't even know he was available. but i wonder if reid originally wanted him to coach the defense though. :lol:

oh boy...

So are Washburn and Mudd going to make out on the sidelines?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431

Philadelphia found their next defensive coordinator in a surprising place: Their offensive coaching staff.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Juan Castillo will be moved from offensive line coach to defensive coordinator. Long-time Colts offensive line coach Howard Mudd will take over the offensive line duties.

Mike Nolan once made a similar move from receivers coach to defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Bill Belichick was an offensive coach early in his career. With that said, there are few examples of coaches in this day of specialization making the kind of jump Castillo is making. Castillo hasn’t coached defense since he was at a Texas high school in 1989.

It’s a bold and possible defining move at a tenuous time in Andy Reid’s tenure in Philadelphia. There will be a ridiculous amount of pressure on Castillo, but the decision is so out-of-the-box that we are want to give it a chance.

Jaegs - you know I'm a Reid guy but wow i have no clue what to think of this one. I know they think highly of Castillo but offensive line to d-coordinator? just strange. did no one want this job or what? i am baffled for sure.
    pjhawks wrote:

Jaegs - you know I'm a Reid guy but wow i have no clue what to think of this one. I know they think highly of Castillo but offensive line to d-coordinator? just strange. did no one want this job or what? i am baffled for sure.

i think it shows they maybe did not have a plan in place when they got rid of mcdermott.

i'm pretty confused to say the least. maybe they will promote the running backs coach to coach the secondary.
    www.myspace.com
    Only thing I can think of is Castillo, as a linemen guy, knows just as much about what's going on on the other side of the ball. Who knows. Who gives a fa uck.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    pjhawks wrote:

i think it shows they maybe did not have a plan in place when they got rid of mcdermott.

i'm pretty confused to say the least. maybe they will promote the running backs coach to coach the secondary.

it pretty much puts the onus on Reid now - fail next year and that could be it. part of me wonders if it wasn't reid's decision to get rid of mcdermott since he said he was going to stay, then was on vacation when it happened. it's absolutely weird though to hire castillo here.

oh boy...

you must have seen that nfl films link i posted here? these two guys are best friends. i think we have two of the best line coaches in all of football right now. that is pretty awesome.

the other news of the day....eh, :? :? :?
    www.myspace.com
    Only thing I can think of is Castillo, as a linemen guy, knows just as much about what's going on on the other side of the ball. Who knows. Who gives a fa uck.

that is probably what they were thinking...but how much can an o line coach know about fixing a secondary? i would think he'd know the most about the front 7. we already hired one of the best d line coaches in the game and our secondary coach left for cleveland...
    www.myspace.com

oh boy...

you must have seen that nfl films link i posted here? these two guys are best friends. i think we have two of the best line coaches in all of football right now. that is pretty awesome.

Ya know, what could be happening is that these titles mean nothing. Mudd comes in to look over the O-line, Castillo gets an opportunity, but Washburn gets A LOT of money to coach the D-line? Or is it that Washburn and Castillo are only divided in title only. Maybe Washburn will have a lot more to say than we think. Maybe they'll be putting more emphasis on position coaching and will still be going after a secondaries coach, WHICH they still need.

Ya know, what could be happening is that these titles mean nothing. Mudd comes in to look over the O-line, Castillo gets an opportunity, but Washburn gets A LOT of money to coach the D-line? Or is it that Washburn and Castillo are only divided in title only. Maybe Washburn will have a lot more to say than we think. Maybe they'll be putting more emphasis on position coaching and will still be going after a secondaries coach, WHICH they still need.

a george divided, cannot stand. world's are colliding. i don't know what the hell is going on here man.

i think drastic moves like this are just further evidence that banner and roseman are gaining more power away from reid. reid is more "stay the course" than gw bush ever was....

one thing we can all agree on, the eagles are never boring. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Runyan talking about how Jim Johnson and Castillo spent a lot of time analyzing both sides of the ball together. Here's the thing, it can't get much worse than this past year. Looks like the biggest problem has been discipline, and now they have two ball busters on the defensive side of the ball.
    Obligatory Castillo clip here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-ifMyyMhU
  • Hhhhhhwan press conference @6:30 CSN

Hhhhhhwan press conference @6:30 CSN

still at work....is it stacey andrews' day? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Hhhhhhwan press conference @6:30 CSN

still at work....is it stacey andrews' day? :lol:

:lol:

I work late also on wed and thurs and missed it

i'm still soaking this in but some of the players' reactions are hi-larious:
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/02/ea ... iring.html

Omar Gaither via Jeff McLane:
    "I didn't know Juan knew defense."

Asante Samuel, also via Jeff McLane:
    "The offensive line coach?"

Darryl Tapp via Jonathan Tamari:
    "That's shocking."

:lol::lol:

oh boy.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.