THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Birds fired their LB coach today. Reid is cleaning house.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    The Fixer wrote:

quintin mikell made 2nd team all pro. i don't think he's as awful as you do. i'd say average at the absolute best...but this is just funny. mikell?! :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:

quintin mikell made 2nd team all pro. i don't think he's as awful as you do. i'd say average at the absolute best...but this is just funny. mikell?! :lol::lol::lol:

that is laughable. he is average at best.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that is laughable. he is average at best.

further proof that individual awards and all star/pro bowl appearances mean absolutely nothing.

I really hope they let mikell walk. I don't want him back
    so according to some reports the eagles offered allen the job... but he opted to go to denver instead. the birds deny this obviously. :think: :think:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    So Penis Head Clayton reported that the Eagles are of 3 teams interested in Plaxico. Ha. Sign. Me. Up.

Vick, Hayneworth, Burress. The NFL's reclamation project - The Philadelphia Eagles!
    So Penis Head Clayton reported that the Eagles are of 3 teams interested in Plaxico. Ha. Sign. Me. Up.

Vick, Hayneworth, Burress. The NFL's reclamation project - The Philadelphia Eagles!

Wow, well he did always kill the birds. Might as well sign Rae Carruth and Donte stallworth too. And OJ as a RB coach :lol:

Fuck it, I'm on board with this. Now that vick's in charge I support all thug signings.

These types of moves kinda scream desparation. I hope reid hasn't been given any type of ultimatum to win
    The Fixer wrote:

Wow, well he did always kill the birds. Might as well sign Rae Carruth and Donte stallworth too. And OJ as a RB coach :lol:

Fuck it, I'm on board with this. Now that vick's in charge I support all thug signings.

These types of moves kinda scream desparation. I hope reid hasn't been given any type of ultimatum to win

i've been thinking the same thing. i'm also thinking maybe that thought played a role in allen opting for denver over the birds...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i've been thinking the same thing. i'm also thinking maybe that thought played a role in allen opting for denver over the birds...

There have been rumors that reid may step down in a year or two.

As to the Allen point...wouldn't that be incentive for him to TAKE the eagles job? knowing that they would need a head coach sure would seem like an incentive as opposed to a detriment.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

As to the Allen point...wouldn't that be incentive for him to TAKE the eagles job? knowing that they would need a head coach sure would seem like an incentive as opposed to a detriment.

where did you hear those rumors? he's under contract for 3 more years. why walk away from that cash?

with your 2nd point, i meant he may not want to hop in here if there is some kind of ultimatum that doesn't come to fruition in a year or two. then he's out a job again. in denver he's going in fresh with a new coach so he'd have more time to develop his team. if reid is fired in a year or two, i wouldn't think they'd promote an inexperienced dc who was only here for a short amount of time (this is assuming the team underperforms to the point where the coach is fired obviously).
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

where did you hear those rumors? he's under contract for 3 more years. why walk away from that cash?

with your 2nd point, i meant he may not want to hop in here if there is some kind of ultimatum that doesn't come to fruition in a year or two. then he's out a job again. in denver he's going in fresh with a new coach so he'd have more time to develop his team. if reid is fired in a year or two, i wouldn't think they'd promote an inexperienced dc who was only here for a short amount of time (this is assuming the team underperforms to the point where the coach is fired obviously).

Not sure. I think it might have been baldinger. maybe on that sunday night show on NBC? or NFL network? I don't remember.

I would look at the reid thing as an opportunity if I were a coordinator. They have a foundation in place to win right away...where as denver has clady and DJ wiliams to build around (champ is not gonna be around much longer). If the guy wants a head coaching gig, the eagles are a more attractive job, if the dude knows reid is leaving.

hopefully none of this shit is true and reid is here for 20 more years
    Dude, I love Reid as well, but if he's here another 20 years without a championship I'll shoot myself. No. Thanks. He's got his second wave in place to set up another run. After this one without one? Get. The. Fuck. Out.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Not sure. I think it might have been baldinger. maybe on that sunday night show on NBC? or NFL network? I don't remember.

I would look at the reid thing as an opportunity if I were a coordinator. They have a foundation in place to win right away...where as denver has clady and DJ wiliams to build around (champ is not gonna be around much longer). If the guy wants a head coaching gig, the eagles are a more attractive job, if the dude knows reid is leaving.

hopefully none of this shit is true and reid is here for 20 more years

you'd think that would circulate through the normal channels if someone like baldinger said that. i dunno bout that one. the ultimatum idea makes more sense.

and allen's barely ready for a coordinator spot let alone a head coaching position at this point in his career. for his first stint as a coordinator he's looking for stability at this point. fox is a defensive guy and he can learn from him. i think he's only 37 years old too. he's essentially sean mcdermott.
    www.myspace.com

you'd think that would circulate through the normal channels if someone like baldinger said that. i dunno bout that one. the ultimatum idea makes more sense.

and allen's barely ready for a coordinator spot let alone a head coaching position at this point in his career. for his first stint as a coordinator he's looking for stability at this point. fox is a defensive guy and he can learn from him. i think he's only 37 years old too. he's essentially sean mcdermott.

there are coaches that are around that age. mcdaniels, tomlin, morris

just sayin...if I were in his shoes and I knew reid was leaving...I'd be all over the birds job if it was offered to me.

this is all speculation...we're wasting our energy
    Dude, I love Reid as well, but if he's here another 20 years without a championship I'll shoot myself. No. Thanks. He's got his second wave in place to set up another run. After this one without one? Get. The. Fuck. Out.

yeah, I'm with you there. he will get one.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Report: Fitzgerald available for right price

Fitzgerald
    New England Sports Net's Jeff Howe reports the Cardinals could make Larry Fitzgerald available in trade "for the right price."
    The Cardinals aren't trying to "actively unload" Fitz, and Howe freely admits his sources don't know if the team has had any "legitimate" discussions about trading their star receiver. We suspect any team wishing to acquire Fitz would have to blow Arizona's socks off with a package of early-round draft picks and a viable starting quarterback. Fitzgerald's contract is up after next season. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to stick around if the Cardinals aren't going to be a serious contender. Jan. 27 - 4:44 pm et

Stage 1 of my dream trade is possible,Fitz and Arizona's 1st rd pick for D-Jack and Kolb. I know there's no chance and that i said it right after the season but him being available why not. THERE'S NO WAY THE EAGLES GIVE D-JACK A 9-11MILL A YR DEAL. But i bet they'd give it to a bigger WR like Fitz,and with Fitz you don't have to worry about injuries like u do with D-jax.Dumb,crazy stupid maybe but i don't thinks it's a bad deal at all.
    Go Birds!!!!

Fitzgerald
    New England Sports Net's Jeff Howe reports the Cardinals could make Larry Fitzgerald available in trade "for the right price."
    The Cardinals aren't trying to "actively unload" Fitz, and Howe freely admits his sources don't know if the team has had any "legitimate" discussions about trading their star receiver. We suspect any team wishing to acquire Fitz would have to blow Arizona's socks off with a package of early-round draft picks and a viable starting quarterback. Fitzgerald's contract is up after next season. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to stick around if the Cardinals aren't going to be a serious contender. Jan. 27 - 4:44 pm et

Stage 1 of my dream trade is possible,Fitz and Arizona's 1st rd pick for D-Jack and Kolb. I know there's no chance and that i said it right after the season but him being available why not. THERE'S NO WAY THE EAGLES GIVE D-JACK A 9-11MILL A YR DEAL. But i bet they'd give it to a bigger WR like Fitz,and with Fitz you don't have to worry about injuries like u do with D-jax.Dumb,crazy stupid maybe but i don't thinks it's a bad deal at all.

I keep reading that the pats are going after him. Makes too much sense...NE has a TON of picks, including 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders.
    The Fixer wrote:

just sayin...if I were in his shoes and I knew reid was leaving...I'd be all over the birds job if it was offered to me.

i know...those guys all have better resumes on winning teams before becoming a head coach. under your scenario, you got reid being fired (meaning the team won't play well) and him being promoted after just a year or two as coordinator. i just don't think that makes sense.

either way, he chose denver over the birds.
    www.myspace.com

Fitzgerald

the birds will resign jackson as soon as there is a new cba.

this isn't fantasy football dude. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i know...those guys all have better resumes on winning teams before becoming a head coach. under your scenario, you got reid being fired (meaning the team won't play well) and him being promoted after just a year or two as coordinator. i just don't think that makes sense.

no, my scenario would be him knowing that reid was stepping down in two years.

and we don't know that the birds offer was on the table...that's speculation.

you ok today jeags?? you're off your game
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

apparently you meant reid gave himself an ultimatum to win here then:
    The Fixer wrote:

again, all over the place, you are. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

The Fixer wrote:

dude, you're wrong again. originally, yes I laid that out. Then as our discussion went on I said that there were rumors of him stepping down in a year or two. remember, you asked me where I heard those rumors? I said baldinger in case you forgot.

think about it...how would a new coordinator know that the coach would be leaving? the organization isn't going to tell him the coach is going to be fired in a year or two. the coach would have to relay that info...especialy if he's the one doing the hiring.

let your fiancee handle the wedding planning. it's obviously putting too much on your plate
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

The Fixer wrote:

dude, you're wrong again. originally, yes I laid that out. Then as our discussion went on I said that there were rumors of him stepping down in a year or two. remember, you asked me where I heard those rumors? I said baldinger in case you forgot.

think about it...how would a new coordinator know that the coach would be leaving? the organization isn't going to tell him the coach is going to be fired in a year or two. the coach would have to relay that info...especialy if he's the one doing the hiring.

let your fiancee handle the wedding planning. it's obviously putting too much on your plate

rumors dude. you think i think the eagles would tell him they will fire reid? :lol: rumors...people talking...people seeing what the organization is doing. people seeing roseman and banner gaining more control over the past few years. you, a reid backer to the highest degree, even "laid it out" before making something up about him stepping down to cover yourself. it's all speculation.

unlike how i question that you actively follow the sixers, i do believe you when you say you don't follow the birds much during the offseason until draft time. we'll wake you up then, like you requested a couple weeks ago.

jeez.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

rumors dude. you think i think the eagles would tell him they will fire reid? :lol: rumors...people talking...people seeing what the organization is doing. people seeing roseman and banner gaining more control over the past few years. you, a reid backer to the highest degree, even "laid it out" before making something up about him stepping down to cover yourself. it's all speculation.

unlike how i question that you actively follow the sixers, i do believe you when you say you don't follow the birds much during the offseason until draft time. we'll wake you up then, like you requested a couple weeks ago.

jeez.

you are a mess today. you misquote me (again) and then ramble on about me making stuff up.

according to you the defense was better this year than people thought...even though they allowed 2 TD passes per game. :?

take a timeout dude...you need a break
    Welp....I think our defensive coordinator just left his head coaching position in Tennessee. :thumbup:

EDIT: For some reason, I feel real good about this. Especially since it looks like Reid is being pinched to win now.
    Welp....I think our defensive coordinator just left his head coaching position in Tennessee. :thumbup:

EDIT: For some reason, I feel real good about this. Especially since it looks like Reid is being pinched to win now.

can you imagine that? i don't see anyway it happens though. they're paying him 8 million not to coach next year...

reid seemingly finally being pushed to win now can only be a good thing though. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

can you imagine that? i don't see anyway it happens though. they're paying him 8 million not to coach next year...

reid seemingly finally being pushed to win now can only be a good thing though. :thumbup:

That's 8 mil to not coach, or 8 mil no matter what?

i would assume he'd have to forfeit it if he went to another team, right?......if you are fischer, though, after 17 years as a head coach, would you really want to be a coordinator again? i bet he'll get a cushy job at nfl network or something for a year or two...and then start coaching again.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    let's have 2 coaches on the staff with a combined 28 years of not winning the SB

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

i would assume he'd have to forfeit it if he went to another team, right?......if you are fischer, though, after 17 years as a head coach, would you really want to be a coordinator again? i bet he'll get a cushy job at nfl network or something for a year or two...and then start coaching again.

Yeah, I guess, since it doesn't seem like he was technically fired. If he was fired then he'd collect anyway.
This discussion has been closed.