THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    more haynesworth stuff:
    http://www.csnphilly.com/01/19/11/Could ... feedID=704

also glazier is reporting the eagles asked permission to talk to saints db coach dennis allen....
    www.myspace.com
    nfl films clip on washburn and the colts o line coach. hard not to like washburn after this. good stuff here:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... es-attract
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Albert Haynesworth is willing to take less money to play for new Eagles DL coach Jim Washburn again.
    Haynesworth had his best seasons under Washburn in Tennessee, and the Eagles are expected to make finding a playmaking defensive lineman an offseason priority. A healthy, motivated Haynesworth would make RE Trent Cole that much more dangerous. This all assumes that Haynesworth is released rather than traded. The Skins will try to get something for him first.

Kinda peeks my interest!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Albert Haynesworth is willing to take less money to play for new Eagles DL coach Jim Washburn again.
    Haynesworth had his best seasons under Washburn in Tennessee, and the Eagles are expected to make finding a playmaking defensive lineman an offseason priority. A healthy, motivated Haynesworth would make RE Trent Cole that much more dangerous. This all assumes that Haynesworth is released rather than traded. The Skins will try to get something for him first.

Not gonna lie. And for all the shit I have talked on him - I LIKE IT.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Not gonna lie. And for all the shit I have talked on him - I LIKE IT.

Cut or trade Bunkley and Patterson,maybe keep Patterson use Dixon,Albert,Cole,Graham as starters. Patterson Parker as backups with Laws and Victor. I agree i don't like him but for a 4 or 5th rd pick it would be worth a gamble.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I would never want Haynesworth on my team. Not in a million years. I hope you get him :lol::lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I would never want Haynesworth on my team. Not in a million years. I hope you get him :lol::lol:

i agree and i can't believe there are Eagle fans that talk about getting him. he is the biggest dog in a league. the guy refused to practice half the time. wrong fit for the eagles. can't win with head cases like that.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

i agree and i can't believe there are Eagle fans that talk about getting him. he is the biggest dog in a league. the guy refused to practice half the time. wrong fit for the eagles. can't win with head cases like that.

Similar to Randy Moss...

If a guy needs a particular coach to have some motivation, there is something wrong. I think guys like this ruin the league. $100 million would be all the motivation I would need, trust me. And I don't care what type of defense they wanna run for that much money. Dude's a bum.

I forgot to mention that even talking about getting a guy like this is a reach and sounds desperate.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'd love to see haynesworth here. He's one of the 10 best defensive players in football.

Just being in the skins division will be all the motivation he needs. He got a bad deal there. Shanahan is a jack ass.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Jauron to the Browns as their DC

Back to the drawing board for the Iggles
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd love to see haynesworth here. He's one of the 10 best defensive players in football.

Just being in the skins division will be all the motivation he needs. He got a bad deal there. Shanahan is a jack ass.

doesn't like ryan howard, michael vick, or jeff carter but would take albert haynesworth - crazy or too much crack?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

doesn't like ryan howard, michael vick, or jeff carter but would take albert haynesworth - crazy or too much crack?

:eh: :problem:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

have you seen the eagles defense for the last 2 seasons? If they can get a talent like haynesworth, who should be motivated and has shown a desire to take a pay cut in order to play in philly...well, it should be a no brainer.

Never said I disliked ryan howard. Just that he makes way too much money based on his ability. He's the most overrated and overpaid athlete in all of sports.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

have you seen the eagles defense for the last 2 seasons? If they can get a talent like haynesworth, who should be motivated and has shown a desire to take a pay cut in order to play in philly...well, it should be a no brainer.

Never said I disliked ryan howard. Just that he makes way too much money based on his ability. He's the most overrated and overpaid athlete in all of sports.

why would you think he is going to be motivated? like the guy above said he is like randy moss for defense. not worth the headache and you can't win with lousy character guys who don't play hard. never trust a guy who quits, ever.
    pjhawks wrote:

why would you think he is going to be motivated? like the guy above said he is like randy moss for defense. not worth the headache and you can't win with lousy character guys who don't play hard. never trust a guy who quits, ever.

I think the situation in DC was more shanahan being a dickhead than anything else. I'm not saying haynesworth doesn't have some dog in him, he obviously does. Just saying that if he came here for one year on an incentive laden contract it would be a low risk, high reward option.

No brainer in my mind. He wants to be here...the birds have a coach that knows him well...the defense needs help...you can motivate him by having the skins in the division. I think it would work well.
    another thing about haynesworth and guys like him (ie, ghetto)...if anyone can get these types of guys to play hard I think it would be mike vick. He can relate to these morons and for whatever reason teammates seem to love him.

I still don't like vick, but I believe in his ability as a leader (as crazy as that sounds).
    The Fixer wrote:
    another thing about haynesworth and guys like him (ie, ghetto)...if anyone can get these types of guys to play hard I think it would be mike vick. He can relate to these morons and for whatever reason teammates seem to love him.

I still don't like vick, but I believe in his ability as a leader (as crazy as that sounds).

vick could always get dogs to work - oh yes i did :o

vick's not allowed to own a dog, can he mentor one?
    haynesworth on the cheap and a contract filled with incentives just makes way too much sense. the eagles should be all over that if/when the skins cut him.

in other news, dick jauron is now the browns d coordinator and it looks like trgovac doesn't want to come here now...

dennis allen anyone? :?
    www.myspace.com
    Looks like the DC is gonna be someone we don't know much about. I've got no problem with that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq- ... _list.html
    The Fixer wrote:
    Looks like the DC is gonna be someone we don't know much about. I've got no problem with that.

yeah i mentioned trgovac and pettine a few days ago. looks like trgovac doesn't want to come here though and since the pack will be in the super bowl, the eagles probably won't wait another 2 weeks anyway.

i would like to see it be pettine.

dennis allen doesn't thrill me though...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah i mentioned trgovac and pettine a few days ago. looks like trgovac doesn't want to come here though and since the pack will be in the super bowl, the eagles probably won't wait another 2 weeks anyway.

I don't know shit about any of these guys, so I really don't care which one they choose. I can't see them going to the 3-4, so I don't think it will be the dude from GB
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know shit about any of these guys, so I really don't care which one they choose. I can't see them going to the 3-4, so I don't think it will be the dude from GB

that doesn't matter. he was the panthers dc for like 6 years running the 4-3. that article mentioned the gb linebacking coach too. we're not waiting 2 weeks anyway so that guy's out.

allen seems too much like mcdermott, experience wise. that move wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ah shit, I leave this thread for a little while and next thing you guys are bringing in Haynesworth. :o

Good Lord. :roll: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Ah shit, I leave this thread for a little while and next thing you guys are bringing in Haynesworth. :o

It makes sense.

Jeags, not sure why you think the birds will be in a hurry to hire someone. What's the rush?
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ah shit, I leave this thread for a little while and next thing you guys are bringing in Haynesworth. :o

It makes sense.

Jeags, not sure why you think the birds will be in a hurry to hire someone. What's the rush?

because ideally you'd like to have a coordinator in place by the time they all fly down for the senior bowl next week...typically a lot of hires happen during that weekend too.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

It makes sense.

because ideally you'd like to have a coordinator in place by the time they all fly down for the senior bowl next week...typically a lot of hires happen during that weekend too.

Eh, the draft is still 3 months away. I don't see the need to rush.

Your boy Devlin stunk up the joint on Saturday in the Shrine Game. He has a noodle arm
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    It makes sense.

Eh, the draft is still 3 months away. I don't see the need to rush.

Your boy Devlin stunk up the joint on Saturday in the Shrine Game. He has a noodle arm

well there's really no off season for nfl coaches dude. i believe reid and those guys are headed down today to start scouting the practices actually.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    i posted this in the NFL thread as well but thought i'd post it here as well. Do you realize that in the NFC in the past 10 years 10 difference franchises have represented the nfc in the Super Bowl. No one has made it twice. only 6 NFC teams, Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, Minnesota, Detroit and San Francisco haven't made one. The AFC on the other hand has had only 4 franchises make the super bowl in that time with Oakland only going once. The other 9 appearances have been by the Pats, Colts, or Steelers. Interesting stuff.
    pjhawks wrote:
    i posted this in the NFL thread as well but thought i'd post it here as well. Do you realize that in the NFC in the past 10 years 10 difference franchises have represented the nfc in the Super Bowl. No one has made it twice. only 6 NFC teams, Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, Minnesota, Detroit and San Francisco haven't made one. The AFC on the other hand has had only 4 franchises make the super bowl in that time with Oakland only going once. The other 9 appearances have been by the Pats, Colts, or Steelers. Interesting stuff.

gotta love parity...at least in the nfc
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.