Ed should release My City of Ruins; all proceeds go to Haiti

1235»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    AWESOME!! :clap:

So happy this happened!

Good Job clubbers and 10C! Proud to be here among such wonderful folks. :thumbup:

Too bad some ppl have to be debbie downers cough ...gag..cough..mets..cough...fan...ugghhhhhh....

but it's a through and through great thing!

And a fantastic cover...no matter what anyone says.

I adore it! Well, any of you that know me, know that if Ed sang it, I adore it...but I thought I'd just ad my opinion anyway.

Love to you all <3 :wave:
    lol

Thanks for calling me out. Sorry if don't lap up everything the band does. Would you like me to hand in my 10C card.
    :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• SB51327SB51327 Posts: 35
    metsfan wrote:
    I didn't know hati was a city and its a horrible cover at best. I can't believe bruce let this go on. This song was meant for the people of nyc after 9-11, not some 3rd world country that had an earthquake.

Meh

Btw- very cool the op's idea came through. All for a good cause.

You dope the song was written about Asbury Park, NJ and Bruce played on the tribute to heroes because it fit the mood. Your post is offensive.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    SB51327 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    I didn't know hati was a city and its a horrible cover at best. I can't believe bruce let this go on. This song was meant for the people of nyc after 9-11, not some 3rd world country that had an earthquake.

Meh

You dope the song was written about Asbury Park, NJ and Bruce played on the tribute to heroes because it fit the mood. Your post is offensive.
    great first post lol

Btw- what's the final track on the rising
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    metsfan wrote:
    SB51327 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Meh

great first post lol

Btw- what's the final track on the rising

Here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_City_of_Ruins
  • Got it. Love it.

Thanks to the person who originally made the suggestion, Ed, Bruce and whoever else was involved in making this happen!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited January 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    AWESOME!! :clap:

So happy this happened!

Good Job clubbers and 10C! Proud to be here among such wonderful folks. :thumbup:

Too bad some ppl have to be debbie downers cough ...gag..cough..mets..cough...fan...ugghhhhhh....

but it's a through and through great thing!

And a fantastic cover...no matter what anyone says.

I adore it! Well, any of you that know me, know that if Ed sang it, I adore it...but I thought I'd just ad my opinion anyway.

Love to you all <3 :wave:
    lol

Thanks for calling me out. Sorry if don't lap up everything the band does. Would you like me to hand in my 10C card.
    :roll:

FIRST and Most Importantly ~ MANY THANKS to the OP for stirring up this great idea!

Now...MetsFan..Of course you don't have to like everything. I'm just thinking if you don't like Ed's version then listen to Bruce's or none....whatever....just don't be so mean that's all.
    AND
    No...surely you can keep your Club card MetsFan (as if it's up to me :) ) After all we here in the 1st World countries have the luxury of freedom of speech, right?

You and i can agree to disagree...EXCEPT that I still need to say: Go Phillies!!! lol! :P

The body of this post is now EDITED/DELETED since I now I'm terribly embarasssed for going on and on about things that don't really matter :|

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

MetsFan....Kissy..kissy..make up???

wink..wink... ;);)
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • i just wanted to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread alive long enough for this to become a reality. most importantly 10c/PJ/Ed, for listening to a simple, but worthy request and coming thru big time.

also, let's please try to be a little more positive on here. try to refer to private messages if you feel like arguing with someone, otherwise it kinda ruins the good vibes on this board. we're all here because our favorite band Pearl Jam, has brought us together with their music, activism and social awareness, and all of those other little things that just make you love this band so much more. just sayin' :)

thanks again!
    "one man stands the edge of the ocean
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    in the dark before the dawn..."
    "i am a donut"
  • pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    Excellent job on the request and excellent job on making it happen!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Well Done OP!
  • there is now an official sticky for this song on the front page. may this thread rest in peace :)
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
  • high five to clockistotime!
    jumping0046.gif

it's one page with one song.
    are other artists doing this? can they be listed on one page?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• high five to clockistotime!
    jumping0046.gif

it's one page with one song.
    are other artists doing this? can they be listed on one page?

thanks!

but i'm confused by your post?
    do you mean, are more or other musicians using Artists for Peace and Justice for Haiti to release songs to help out?

i'm not sure, but this was the one organization that Ed, and i'm assuming 10c management, had chosen for the proceeds to benefit.

http://www.artistsforpeaceandjustice.com/
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
  • oh ok. are you saying ed went thru them to donate money from his song?
    ....who knows if other artist will choose the same organization to release donated music.
    hope i understand now.
    never know.......i'm blonde. :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    just an idea, but one way for the band and maybe all of us to help contribute to the relief effort in Haiti could be if Ed (or the whole band) digitally release a (studio) version of Bruce Springsteen's song 'My City of Ruins' and donate all proceeds to the relief effort?

here's his live version from the Kennedy Center Honors:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aelR842p_78

i think it's a very fitting song, and Ed's voice really soars on this song. it's a beautiful song and the content is very relevant.

what are everyone's thoughts on this?

EDIT:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH 10C/PJ/ED/BRUCE FOR COMING THRU AND MAKING THIS AVAILABLE! :)

you can download it here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-cit ... d352067330

Wow. Can you do this with tour dates? :D Lottery numbers would be cool, too, though. ;)
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    It's pretty amazing when one of these threads actually comes to fruition. Best 99 Cents I've ever spent :D
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16