Ed should release My City of Ruins; all proceeds go to Haiti

Comments

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Definitely NOT trying to take advantage of someone else's disaster. I'm sure there are many that could speak to my character as better than that.
    Honestly, it could be in Seattle or overseas. Large venue or small. My suggestion for the Showbox may not be an ideal venue but was suggested as a venue where the band has a great relationship and is local to the band, helping expedite relief while minimizing costs. You could do the Key Arena but the capacity is about 17,000 and you could never get that deal done quickly. While the Showbox is about 1100 capacity, Benny Hall is about 2500.
    At the end of the day, it's the band's decision anyway. I apologize if you took my suggestion the wrong way. I was just hoping to add to the good idea that was started in this thread. I hope your day at work gets better. Thanks.

it's all good Stone'd, i know what you meant. did you read my compromise to you and Solats' suggestion on the previous page? i think we're on the same page.

After thinking about a bit, I realized that I may know you STONEd. Were you at the Philly shows? And yeah, you bring up a good argument about the deal getting done quicker with Showbox. But the big question is: Can I be your ticket buddy? I'll donate what I can, I promise.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • bumpity-bump bump...
    "one man stands the edge of the ocean
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    in the dark before the dawn..."
    "i am a donut"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    fuck me thats a brilliant version...I had failed to hear this until now, and once again I'm stunned at how damn good that was...

Nice one Eddie, once again
  • bump
  • bump
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Definitely NOT trying to take advantage of someone else's disaster. I'm sure there are many that could speak to my character as better than that.
    Honestly, it could be in Seattle or overseas. Large venue or small. My suggestion for the Showbox may not be an ideal venue but was suggested as a venue where the band has a great relationship and is local to the band, helping expedite relief while minimizing costs. You could do the Key Arena but the capacity is about 17,000 and you could never get that deal done quickly. While the Showbox is about 1100 capacity, Benny Hall is about 2500.
    At the end of the day, it's the band's decision anyway. I apologize if you took my suggestion the wrong way. I was just hoping to add to the good idea that was started in this thread. I hope your day at work gets better. Thanks.

it's all good Stone'd, i know what you meant. did you read my compromise to you and Solats' suggestion on the previous page? i think we're on the same page.

After thinking about a bit, I realized that I may know you STONEd. Were you at the Philly shows? And yeah, you bring up a good argument about the deal getting done quicker with Showbox. But the big question is: Can I be your ticket buddy? I'll donate what I can, I promise.

LOL. Damn...wish I was at Philly. Something about work and money got in my way...lame. Anyway, I'd love to see this thread gain momentum. If not a single release or benefit show I know we have a lot of great ideas brewing on this forum that perhaps we can bring to fruition.
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    bump
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Awesome idea, i liked that song a lot :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • bump
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."
    KC, MO 7.3.98
    OKC 4.3.03
    KC, MO 5/2010
    EV- Memphis 6.20.09
    EV- Tulsa 11.18.12
  • hey everyone, 10c sent me an email back regarding this but I'm waiting for their permission to post what they said on here. I'll post it once I can.

thanks
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
    hey everyone, 10c sent me an email back regarding this but I'm waiting for their permission to post what they said on here. I'll post it once I can.

thanks

any word on this yet?
  • BiaBia Posts: 32
    hey everyone, 10c sent me an email back regarding this but I'm waiting for their permission to post what they said on here. I'll post it once I can.

thanks

I am keeping my fingers crossed .... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
    I know all the rules but the rules do not know me!

12/04/2005 - Rio de Janeiro

• Bia wrote:

thanks

I am keeping my fingers crossed .... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Me too :)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    That would be awesome if something was happening for this!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • What was the feedback on this?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    thanks for posting this, didnt know it happened...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    First off, Bruce and Jon Landau would have to okay this,

and I wouldnt hold my breath on it happening .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Looks like this train ran out of steam?
  • Whoever posted said they got a reply from 10C and were waiting for permission to share that...

something is better than nothing.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Evensteven wrote:
    Whoever posted said they got a reply from 10C and were waiting for permission to share that...

i'm going against 10c's wishes here by posting this as i have not heard back from them if i'm allowed to post this. my apologies to 10c in advance... here's what they wrote back.

"Hi *****,

We of course love this idea. However, it’s not Ed’s song to release as he wishes, it’s actually Bruce Springsteen's song. We will however pass this along to our activism staff because you just never know what can happen.

Thanks for contacting us.

Best,
    10c"

i know it's not an Earth-shattering reply, but they never replied to me after asking if i could share this with everyone. just thought i'd be a good 10clubber and play nice. anyway, we'll see if 'something else' comes out of this. at least they sound optimistic about something 'happening'. sorry if i let anyone down waiting to hear the news.
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
    Evensteven wrote:
    Whoever posted said they got a reply from 10C and were waiting for permission to share that...

i'm going against 10c's wishes here by posting this as i have not heard back from them if i'm allowed to post this. my apologies to 10c in advance... here's what they wrote back.

"Hi *****,

We of course love this idea. However, it’s not Ed’s song to release as he wishes, it’s actually Bruce Springsteen's song. We will however pass this along to our activism staff because you just never know what can happen.

Thanks for contacting us.

Best,
    10c"

i know it's not an Earth-shattering reply, but they never replied to me after asking if i could share this with everyone. just thought i'd be a good 10clubber and play nice. anyway, we'll see if 'something else' comes out of this. at least they sound optimistic about something 'happening'. sorry if i let anyone down waiting to hear the news.

Thats to be expected to be fair, but good of you to post so we all know, I dont think 10club would have the slightest issue with you making this public
  • on2legs wrote:
    Nice idea, but I can't see a major artist like Bruce signing off on it unless he's the one doing the singing.

you never know though... maybe if Ed asks nicely?

double A side eddie singing on side 2 the other bruce(side 1 as its his song)...best of both worlds...and more sales to raise oney
  • Like I said before, Ed covering Bruce on one side and Bruce covering Ed/Pearl Jam on the other. Maybe just use the cover of Betterman with Ed.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • It's available now at iTunes!
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • yeah glad it worked out, i bought it as soon as i heard
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    :D Well done for the suggestion, and grand to see it actually happen.
    I'm off to download it now.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • well done!
  • dottles wrote:
    :D Well done for the suggestion, and grand to see it actually happen.
    I'm off to download it now.

wow! wow! wow! 10c you cease to amaze me!! how fucking cool guys! pardon my mouth here, but this is just too fucking cool. let me just thank you very much!

this song just meant so much more after hearing it while the news was pouring in about the earthquake.

congrats on coming thru big time 10c and Ed, and Bruce for being a badass and letting this go thru. i'm so happy right now!!!
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
  • i posted the iTunes link in the original post on the first page, but in case you don't want to go there here it is:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-cit ... d352067330
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    "i am a donut"
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    First off, Bruce and Jon Landau would have to okay this,

and I wouldnt hold my breath on it happening .
    You should go visit iTunes :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam