Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ... and they live on an island. :mrgreen:
    ok, still the walk part throws me.

jeez mickey... he wouldve left without me. no public transport = a long walk back to the island.

tell your old to man up cate!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

that doesnt even make sense jeags.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

oh i thought you said "old" was your father...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

oh i thought you said "old" was your father...

now youre just sounding like some weird philadelphian yoda.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

now youre just sounding like some weird philadelphian yoda.

:lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    FRAUDULENT = forgetting what time "your" team's playoff game starts and sleeping through it.

true story. check out the thread of one the teams that lost yesterday :mrgreen: . you should not be allowed to watch another game for the rest of your life if this happens to you. unreal. :roll: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    FRAUDULENT = forgetting what time "your" team's playoff game starts and sleeping through it.

true story. check out the thread of one the teams that lost yesterday :mrgreen: . you should not be allowed to watch another game for the rest of your life if this happens to you. unreal. :roll: :lol:

Yeah, I saw that. I can't shit talk with people like that. There was other problems in his post as well if I can remember. The epitome of fraud right there.
  • Options

Yeah, I saw that. I can't shit talk with people like that. There was other problems in his post as well if I can remember. The epitome of fraud right there.

i know right? how could anything possibly trump sleeping through a playoff game?!?!?!?!?!
    i mean, if i were a cowboy fan, i'd try to ban him from ever posting in that thread ever again. that takes the cake as far as fraudulent behavior as far as i'm concerned.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i know right? how could anything possibly trump sleeping through a playoff game?!?!?!?!?!
    i mean, if i were a cowboy fan, i'd try to ban him from ever posting in that thread ever again. that takes the cake as far as fraudulent behavior as far as i'm concerned.

Don't worry, he'll have some bullshit excuse.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Fraud=changing a name or numbers of something that was named something else. And then talking shit about it,FRAUD. Especially when u did the same thing before :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Fraud=changing a name or numbers of something that was named something else. And then talking shit about it,FRAUD. Especially when u did the same thing before :shock:

DONNA SUMMERS. Now say it backwards and speed it up. Simma downa.
  • Options

huh? whachu talkin' bout willis?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

I saw that too. That is UNBELIEVABLE!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    did we ever figure out how a Mets fan became a cowboys fan? i missed it in all the New Jersey talk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    did we ever figure out how a Mets fan became a cowboys fan? i missed it in all the New Jersey talk.

i think we all just assume his answer to the question of this thread is a resounding....."yes."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    81 wrote:

i think we all just assume his answer to the question of this thread is a resounding....."yes."
    Jeags, I think you might be REposting in my little thread " Who has received....." :lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

Jeags, I think you might be REposting in my little thread " Who has received....." :lol:

what's this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

what's this?
    Page 2 and yours is on page 2 of the thread?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

what's this?
    Page 2 and yours is on page 2 of the thread?

i'm not sure i follow mick. sorry...

what's your story though? any fraudulence in your sports loyalties? :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If a SIX year old ,deciding to root for The Steelers against his older brothers favorite team(Cowgirls) the first time they met in the SB , is fraudulant then....... I will say that they've been my team ever since. Even through Knolls lean years AND the beginning of Cowers coaching career.

And further, I will state that living in Ohio and wanting to root for a winner , means I need to look OUTSIDE my state. But since I've been a Pittsburg fan ALL these years it's not a problem. Thick and thin , my friend, STEELER fan for life!!!! Note the avatar!!!! :mrgreen:

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    [
    If a SIX year old ,deciding to root for The Steelers against his older brothers favorite team(Cowgirls) the first time they met in the SB , is fraudulant then....... I will say that they've been my team ever since. Even through Knolls lean years AND the beginning of Cowers coaching career.

And further, I will state that living in Ohio and wanting to root for a winner , means I need to look OUTSIDE my state. But since I've been a Pittsburg fan ALL these years it's not a problem. Thick and thin , my friend, STeeler fan for life!!!! Note the avatar!!!! :mrgreen:

didn't Cincy sweep the steelers...just sayin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

And further, I will state that living in Ohio and wanting to root for a winner , means I need to look OUTSIDE my state. But since I've been a Pittsburg fan ALL these years it's not a problem. Thick and thin , my friend, STeeler fan for life!!!! Note the avatar!!!! :mrgreen:

didn't Cincy sweep the steelers...just sayin
    ONCE this DECADE!!!!!!! They were due!!

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

And further, I will state that living in Ohio and wanting to root for a winner , means I need to look OUTSIDE my state. But since I've been a Pittsburg fan ALL these years it's not a problem. Thick and thin , my friend, STEELER fan for life!!!! Note the avatar!!!! :mrgreen:

well i will bite my tongue on this one only cuz you're a good guy mickey!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

ok heres something i do know from being a single parent to a boychild. as well as being afootball loving daughter of a very present father.

from as long as i can remember being indoctrinated by my father about the greatness and legacy of the south sydney rabbitohs. i basically grew up on the hill at redfern oval. back then you rocked up to watch 3 grades of rugby league. you knew every player in your team and all the reserves. and you knew all the players in all the other teams. you knew who was dangerous to your team and who could be relied upon to gte your team across the line. i was taught through sporting mythology who the enemy was and by virtue of the respect i had for my father i believed all he told me. it was an absolute tribal thing. my father grew up within the boundaries that the rabbitohs drew their players from. if you signed a player from another local area they were classed as imports. and there was a limit of how many imports a team could sign. this was designed to cultivate the local junior league. and it was a good thing. especially in an area such as that that the rabbitohs covered. it had a high indigenous population and was basically forgotten by society at large. it is an inner city location which also covered a lot of the eastern suburbs of sydney and admittedly now covers areas which have become more affluential. but back then it was more than afew peoples opinion that if you ventured into the the area that was the heartland of the rabbitohs you were taking your life in your hands. this was just just a biggotted opinion of those who wouldnt venture into the area. who loved nothing more that maintaining the ridiculous class and race divide. i never lived in this area. i was not a local, yet i never felt like an outsider and i was never hesitant in walking the streets. afterall i was a bunnies fan. it made me feel untouchable. and because of my father and his history it became my area. the bunnies as we called them became my team. i really had no choice. it was a part of my DNA. it doesnt matter if my team wins or loses, finishes last or makes hte playoffs or even if they temporarily get thrown out of the competition.. my blood will always be the green and red of the south sydney rabbitohs.

if a child does not grow up with the presence of a diehard fan, or if the influential male parent is missing then they have more latitude to make up their own minds. my son is currently growing up in the same area that i did.. yet there is no way in hell he win support the south sydney rabbitohs. why?? cause his mates dont and becuase his non custodial father does not. so what does he do??? well ill tell you.. at first he comes under the influence of his schoolmates and the push of the local team to cultivate a fanbase. they come into the schools and just make it their business to charm all the kids. and for a while that worked with my son. i took him to games even though i couldnt really get into them cause i had no team to support. then as he grew older he came under the influence of the ever increasing presence of his father. and so has turned his allegiance from the local team to the team his father supports. and it doesnt matter that his fathers team is perennially a disappointment and have never won a championship. that we know from experience that that team will choke regardless of the personnel in the team. he follows the cronulla sharks cause his father does. its that simple.

and though when i discovered mets was a cowboys fan i was taken aback, how a mets fan could become a cowboys fan really isnt a mystery to me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    and though when i discovered mets was a cowboys fan i was taken aback, how a mets fan could become a cowboys fan really isnt a mystery to me.

Agreed! I think people put way too much stock in worrying about what teams others choose to like. Hell, this thread was even started to call people out for the reasons they choose to like a team. I guess it's a good way to make yourself feel better when your own team loses, year in and year out. My team lost but at least I live within 40 miles of the stadium. :lol: To each his own. ;)

Everyone should read this article called "Sports are for Losers":

http://www.mensjournal.com/why-sports-are-for-losers
  • Options
    somehow i missed that story cate. i can totally see myself being a south sydney rabbitohs fan. those are some cool traditions there. interesting that they get most of their players from their own area.

is this a professional league or semi pro or something?

GO RABBITOHS! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i've got a facebook fraud here. or call it a violoation or whatever:

friend of mine's dad died and is being buried today. so he posted about the funeral today. and a lot of us posted our condolences. then someone else chimed in with a "sorry about your loss brother"......but he added an exclamation point at the end. :think: i dunno about that. i think he's being pretty liberal with his exclamation point usage in this situation.

what do you think? lil too much?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362

friend of mine's dad died and is being buried today. so he posted about the funeral today. and a lot of us posted our condolences. then someone else chimed in with a "sorry about your loss brother"......but he added an exclamation point at the end. :think: i dunno about that. i think he's being pretty liberal with his exclamation point usage in this situation.

:? yeah, I don't know about that exclamation point.

A old friend/ facebook friend's grandmother died recently, which is sad. He said that she always enjoyed listening to him play guitar and he put some picks in her hand before she is burried. Which is all cool, BUT HE POSTED A PIC ON FACEBOOK OF HER HAND HOLDING THE PICKS.... IN THE CASKET... :? :? :?
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:

:? yeah, I don't know about that exclamation point.

A old friend/ facebook friend's grandmother died recently, which is sad. He said that she always enjoyed listening to him play guitar and he put some picks in her hand before she is burried. Which is all cool, BUT HE POSTED A PIC ON FACEBOOK OF HER HAND HOLDING THE PICKS.... IN THE CASKET... :? :? :?

yup, that guy went one step further than he should on that one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Sounds like he uses his exclamation points a lot more haphazardly than we do....