Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    i've got a facebook fraud here. or call it a violoation or whatever:

friend of mine's dad died and is being buried today. so he posted about the funeral today. and a lot of us posted our condolences. then someone else chimed in with a "sorry about your loss brother"......but he added an exclamation point at the end. :think: i dunno about that. i think he's being pretty liberal with his exclamation point usage in this situation.

what do you think? lil too much?

Sounds like he uses his exclamation points a lot more haphazardly than we do....
    !!!!! ! !!

!

!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    somehow i missed that story cate. i can totally see myself being a south sydney rabbitohs fan. those are some cool traditions there. interesting that they get most of their players from their own area.
    is this a professional league or semi pro or something?

GO RABBITOHS! :mrgreen:

past tense jeags. GOT. the sport has changed a lot over the years. its a professional league. when i was growing up players had day jobs but with the modern 'demands' of the game thats no longer the case. in their down time players now glass their girlfriends, pack rape woman( oops... sorry... supposedly have group sex with women) and start brawls.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mr.pink wrote:
    i've got a facebook fraud here. or call it a violoation or whatever:

friend of mine's dad died and is being buried today. so he posted about the funeral today. and a lot of us posted our condolences. then someone else chimed in with a "sorry about your loss brother"......but he added an exclamation point at the end. :think: i dunno about that. i think he's being pretty liberal with his exclamation point usage in this situation.

what do you think? lil too much?

:? yeah, I don't know about that exclamation point.

A old friend/ facebook friend's grandmother died recently, which is sad. He said that she always enjoyed listening to him play guitar and he put some picks in her hand before she is burried. Which is all cool, BUT HE POSTED A PIC ON FACEBOOK OF HER HAND HOLDING THE PICKS.... IN THE CASKET... :? :? :?

yup, that guy went one step further than he should on that one.

Why I don't like Facebook and don't use it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    somehow i missed that story cate. i can totally see myself being a south sydney rabbitohs fan. those are some cool traditions there. interesting that they get most of their players from their own area.

past tense jeags. GOT. the sport has changed a lot over the years. its a professional league. when i was growing up players had day jobs but with the modern 'demands' of the game thats no longer the case. in their down time players now glass their girlfriends, pack rape woman( oops... sorry... supposedly have group sex with women) and start brawls.

but they still GLASS their girlfriends?! i don't know what that means, but it sounds AWESOME. :clap:
    GO RABITOHS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

but they still GLASS their girlfriends?! i don't know what that means, but it sounds AWESOME. :clap:
    GO RABITOHS!

if you considering smashing a glass against the face of a woman(or anyone for that matter) awesome.. then sure... :problem:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

GO RABITOHS!

if you considering smashing a glass against the face of a woman(or anyone for that matter) awesome.. then sure... :problem:

how does that work and why would someone do that? i'm not understanding your south sidney lingo here cate.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

GO RABITOHS!

how does that work and why would someone do that? i'm not understanding your south sidney lingo here cate.

tis quite simple jeags.. you take one drunken idiot whos angry/annoyed/pissed off for some reason holding a glass... add a girlfriend/woman/other person... and the idiot just smashes the glass against the victims face or head.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    So , just a guess here, but I think Cate is GLAD the manchild went with dads team?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    So , just a guess here, but I think Cate is GLAD the manchild went with dads team?

and why would you think id be glad my boychild be a fan of a loser team like the one his dad folllows rather than the team with the most premierships(championships) to their name, which i support???

and as an aside the glassing incident i mentioned was by a player in his dads team.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

and why would you think id be glad my boychild be a fan of a loser team like the one his dad folllows rather than the team with the most premierships(championships) to their name, which i support???

and as an aside the glassing incident i mentioned was by a player in his dads team.
    Just a guess here. I was wrong. :shock:

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Just a guess here. I was wrong. :shock:

you should see how disinterested i become when i take him to see his team play the local team. :yawn:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

tis quite simple jeags.. you take one drunken idiot whos angry/annoyed/pissed off for some reason holding a glass... add a girlfriend/woman/other person... and the idiot just smashes the glass against the victims face or head.

tis not quite simple if you've never in your life heard the expression before cate.

haha....i like it though. :lol:

all frauds in this thread are hereby subject to immediate glassings.
    :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tis not quite simple if you've never in your life heard the expression before cate.

tis if you read previous posts like the ones below where it was explained.
    GO RABITOHS!

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

tis if you read previous posts like the ones below where it was explained.
    GO RABITOHS!

no. :roll:

once you added the drunken idiot element, it was clear. before it could have been interpretted as if they smashed them through a window or something. either way, its clearly odd and something that does not happen in these parts....hence the confusion. but thank you for my new favorite phrase.

now knock it off cate or i will glass you. :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    [no. :roll:

once you added the drunken idiot element, it was clear. before it could have been interpretted as if they smashed them through a window or something. either way, its clearly odd and something that does not happen in these parts....hence the confusion. but thank you for my new favorite phrase.

pfft jeags. :roll: im sure the use of the indefinite article removes any notion that a window or anything else other than a glass is in play.

yeah goodluck with that... id bitchslap you before you got the chance to glass me. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    [no. :roll:

pfft jeags. :roll: im sure the use of the indefinite article removes any notion that a window or anything else other than a glass is in play.

yeah goodluck with that... id bitchslap you before you got the chance to glass me. :P :lol:

it's 8:30 in the morning and i have already told 2 people that i was going to glass them.

god bless you, young catherine :wave: :wave:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fraudulent = it being january 31st and still having your christmas tree up. yup, pertaining to this, i'm a fraud.

SHEER LAZINESS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fraudulent = it being january 31st and still having your christmas tree up. yup, pertaining to this, i'm a fraud.

SHEER LAZINESS.
    lol

I am not taking down the christmas lights on the outside of the house until at least May (last year they were still up well into August)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options

SHEER LAZINESS.
    lol

I am not taking down the christmas lights on the outside of the house until at least May (last year they were still up well into August)

after a certain passage of time basic christmas lights become fairy lights and can therefore can be left up all year.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

SHEER LAZINESS.
    lol

after a certain passage of time basic christmas lights become fairy lights and can therefore can be left up all year.

fairy lights, eh? :eh:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    lol

It's like Icelanders with gnomes and elves. They LOVE that shit.
  • Options

It's like Icelanders with gnomes and elves. They LOVE that shit.

tis just easier to leave them up then try and store them without the tangles and broken bulbs that inevitably happen. having said that my fairy lights are in the private space of my bedroom and cast a lovely multicoloured mellow light for when im just chilling on my bed.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Guess I am a fraud.

Grew up in near Albany, NY.

Sox & Bruins were carried on local cable and not the Yankees or Rangers. So I followed those 2.

Plus my older brother was a DICK and a Yankee fan.

I have liked the Celtics since Larry Bird played and the Cowboys since 1976.

All are still my teams, but I guess I am still a fraud, but a loyal one.
  • Options
    Guess I am a fraud.

Grew up in near Albany, NY.

Sox & Bruins were carried on local cable and not the Yankees or Rangers. So I followed those 2.

Plus my older brother was a DICK and a Yankee fan.

I have liked the Celtics since Larry Bird played and the Cowboys since 1976.

All are still my teams, but I guess I am still a fraud, but a loyal one.

i don't think you are not a fraud my friend. if you live within the the boston viewing area and end up rooting for those teams since you basically grew up with them on tv/radio every day...i don't see anything fraudlent in that. unless i am missing something??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Big fruad that sits near me at work. The guy claims to be a Yankees and Cowboys fan and is from North Jersey. Well when Westbrook got released he said "Looks like I have to get a new jersey", so I asked him why the hell he would wear a jersey of the rival team. He explained that he is a DJ and when the Eagles play at the bar he works at he has to wear an Eagles jersey and that it has made him "thousands of dollars"

BULLSHIT! If you are a fan, you never put on a jersey of your rival. Fuck that. An Eagles, Cowboys or Red Sox jersey would never come near me.

Wearing a Jersey of your rival team (or any other team for that matter)=FRAUD!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Big fruad that sits near me at work. The guy claims to be a Yankees and Cowboys fan and is from North Jersey. Well when Westbrook got released he said "Looks like I have to get a new jersey", so I asked him why the hell he would wear a jersey of the rival team. He explained that he is a DJ and when the Eagles play at the bar he works at he has to wear an Eagles jersey and that it has made him "thousands of dollars"

BULLSHIT! If you are a fan, you never put on a jersey of your rival. Fuck that. An Eagles, Cowboys or Red Sox jersey would never come near me.

:lol: hmmm....ripping off the fans of your hated rival....hmm....you know, i just don't think i could don a Michigan jersey for tip money. it would be interesting to see the tips with jersey vs. with normal everyday clothes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol: hmmm....ripping off the fans of your hated rival....hmm....you know, i just don't think i could don a Michigan jersey for tip money. it would be interesting to see the tips with jersey vs. with normal everyday clothes.

I dont think there would be any difference. None at all.
  • Options
    cliff i'm glad you bumped this thread because i was going to mention a fraud i passed on the way to work the other day. incidentally he might be the same person.....on his suv there were two bumper stickers one, a yankees sticker. the other? you guessed it.....a dallas cowboys bumper sticker.

this guy and all people who claim to be fans of both of these teams = 100% FRAUDULENT :thumbdown:

the smart money is also on this guy being a lakers fan. :roll:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cliff i'm glad you bumped this thread because i was going to mention a fraud i passed on the way to work the other day. incidentally he might be the same person.....on his suv there were two bumper stickers one, a yankees sticker. the other? you guessed it.....a dallas cowboys bumper sticker.

this guy and all people who claim to be fans of both of these teams = 100% FRAUDULENT :thumbdown:

Just fucking horrible. I wish I could kick every yankee fan that is also a cowboy fan out of the Yankees fanbase. 100% Fraudlent is right.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just fucking horrible. I wish I could kick every yankee fan that is also a cowboy fan out of the Yankees fanbase. 100% Fraudlent is right.

while we're at it....lebron james, born and raised in ohio. somehow becomes a cowboy fan and a yankee fan......100% FRAUDULENT.
    chinese-happy.jpg