Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think I am going to go out and buy a brand new Cowboys hat today. The one I have and wear regularly is like 2 years old now and smells like ass. This thread has inspired me.

Maybe the simple blue one with the white D.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:
    I think I am going to go out and buy a brand new Cowboys hat today. The one I have and wear regularly is like 2 years old now and smells like ass. This thread has inspired me.

My favorite hat over the last three years is the simple blue one with the star. It smells worse than ass, but we all know how hard it is to break in a new hat ;)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Flagg wrote:

you're going to buy a new hat just days after your first playoff win in ages?

i'm guessing you've never heard of superstition? ;)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

My favorite hat over the last three years is the simple blue one with the star. It smells worse than ass, but we all know how hard it is to break in a new hat ;)

wtf do you people do in these hats? do you not wash your hair?
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

They get sweaty and gross after a couple of years!

And to the superstition thing, I need one anyway.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

What Do YOU Mean YOU PEOPLE? :mrgreen:

Well it probably comes from over the years The boyz having to sweat out a few victories at the end of the year. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    here's one...if you bet against your hometown team (since we already determined that if you're not a fan of your hometown team you are most likely a fraud to begin with ;) )............you're a FRAUD! :lol:

kudos to these ravens for recognizing the rules:

http://deadspin.com/5445520/ravens-fan- ... ctrocution

I couldn't disagree more. Here in Indiana, Colts fans make me sick. Talk about the biggest bandwagon fans there is.

Pre-Peyton Manning era, when the colts were just OK, and sometimes horrible, no one gave 2 licks about the Colts. Once he shows up and they start winning, all of a sudden EVERYONE is a Colts fans. People that don't even understand a TD is 6 points. It's awful. Indiana is a very bad bandwagon state. (is it that bad anywhere else?) Winning the damned superbowl just made it 10 times worse.

I don't have to be a fan of a team just because I live in the same state or city that they play in. I'd rather think for myself which team I want to follow, not just the closest.

For these reasons, I cheer against the Colts whenever they play.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    loadedgun wrote:
    here's one...if you bet against your hometown team (since we already determined that if you're not a fan of your hometown team you are most likely a fraud to begin with ;) )............you're a FRAUD! :lol:

kudos to these ravens for recognizing the rules:

http://deadspin.com/5445520/ravens-fan- ... ctrocution

I couldn't disagree more. Here in Indiana, Colts fans make me sick. Talk about the biggest bandwagon fans there is.

Pre-Peyton Manning era, when the colts were just OK, and sometimes horrible, no one gave 2 licks about the Colts. Once he shows up and they start winning, all of a sudden EVERYONE is a Colts fans. People that don't even understand a TD is 6 points. It's awful. Indiana is a very bad bandwagon state. (is it that bad anywhere else?) Winning the damned superbowl just made it 10 times worse.

I don't have to be a fan of a team just because I live in the same state or city that they play in. I'd rather think for myself which team I want to follow, not just the closest.

For these reasons, I cheer against the Colts whenever they play.

oh man, i love this stuff....let's delve into this:

it sounds like we may have an entire city of frauds on our hands here :problem:
    were you born and raised in indiana?
    are you old enough to remember the time before the colts were moved there?
    what team do you root for? do you have a favorite team?
    did you feel left out of the civic pride your city had when they won the super bowl? (this question could be null and void if it is determined that the entire city of indianapolis, and possibly the state of indiana is deemed to be fraudulent)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    loadedgun wrote:

+1

When was the last time the jersey jets or jersey giants played a game in new york. Can anyone answer that. Does anyone wanna steup and answer me that question.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    One thing i know is metsfan i mean islandersfan i mean brian is a fraud :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    kinda hard to be a fraud when the giants haven't played in new york since 1976 and when the new york jets haven't played in new york since 1985. I've never ever stepped foot in giants stadium other than to see a giant/jet preseason back in 95 for free and seen bruce springsteen 2 times. So all of you can choke on dat yo.

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    metsfan wrote:
    kinda hard to be a fraud when the giants haven't played in new york since 1976 and when the new york jets haven't played in new york since 1985. I've never ever stepped foot in giants stadium other than to see a giant/jet preseason back in 95 for free and seen bruce springsteen 2 times. So all of you can choke on dat yo.
    Lol
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    metsfan wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

+1

When was the last time the jersey jets or jersey giants played a game in new york. Can anyone answer that. Does anyone wanna steup and answer me that question.

Dumb argument, Patroits don't play in Boston but all Boston sports fans should be Pats fans. Giants and Jets are the NYC teams.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

+1

Dumb argument, Patroits don't play in Boston but all Boston sports fans should be Pats fans. Giants and Jets are the NYC teams.
    where do the jets and giants play. Where are the jets and giants training camps. Answer me that.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

+1

However, the Patriots are in the same state.

I haven't lived in Boston since I was a youth (70's) and I still am a Boston fan. Since then I've lived in Brooklyn NYC, Florida and DC etc and STILL and will always be a Beantown fan. That's just the way it is and I've have NEVER wavered from that as most of you on here may already know.

No fraud here through think and thin.
    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    where do the jets and giants play. Where are the jets and giants training camps. Answer me that.

I don't get what you are getting at. Giants train in Albany, Jets I believe are now in Cortland, both in New York.

So you are claiming it is okay to be a fan of a team 1,500 miles away because the Giants play 5 miles outside of NYC due to a lack of space in NYC? The New Jersey argument is fucking dumb.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    +1

I haven't lived in Boston since I was a youth (70's) and I still am a Boston fan. Since then I've lived in Brooklyn NYC, Florida and DC etc and STILL and will always be a Beantown fan. That's just the way it is and I've have NEVER wavered from that as most of you on here may already know.

Peace

But East Rutheford is what, 10 miles away from NYC ... where Foxborough is 25 miles form Boston.

Anyway, I'll be honest, I have no fucking clue what this argument with where these stadiums are located is about.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

And I have not lived in NY in 4 years and am not sure when I will again but I will always be a New York sports fan. If I were to change I would consider myself a fraud.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

And I have not lived in NY in 4 years and am not sure when I will again but I will always be a New York sports fan. If I were to change I would consider myself a fraud.

ok, this I can get behind ... Boston sports for life, even though I'll probably live in Cali from here on out.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

ok, this I can get behind ... Boston sports for life, even though I'll probably live in Cali from here on out.

I am sorry...haha, Kidding...kind of.

Agreed, it is the team you grew up with.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I don't get what you are getting at. Giants train in Albany, Jets I believe are now in Cortland, both in New York.

So you are claiming it is okay to be a fan of a team 1,500 miles away because the Giants play 5 miles outside of NYC due to a lack of space in NYC? The New Jersey argument is fucking dumb.
    the jersey argument is not dumb. Jersey is no different than dallas to me. Just cause giant stadium is a state away and 80 miles from me I'm supposed to root for teams that don't even play in my state. I root for the cowboys cause I've actually been to a regular season game in the old texas stadium and didn't leave the team after they sucked. I can rattle off all the cowboys coaches since jimmy johnson left or anything else cowboys. I can't name all of the giants or jets coaches of the last 15 years or what they did..

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

the jersey argument is not dumb. Jersey is no different than dallas to me. Just cause giant stadium is a state away and 80 miles from me I'm supposed to root for teams that don't even play in my state. I root for the cowboys cause I've actually been to a regular season game in the old texas stadium and didn't leave the team after they sucked. I can rattle off all the cowboys coaches since jimmy johnson left or anything else cowboys. I can't name all of the giants or jets coaches of the last 15 years or what they did..

I personally don't give a shit if you are a Cowboys fan, however, I think you should probably pick between the Cowboys and the Jets.

My point is local sports coverage in NY State in general is Giants, Jets, Yankees, Mets, etc. They are the local team whether they play 5 miles away in Jersey or NYC.
  • Options
    From the original article at the beginning fo th thread ...
    # If you're between the ages of 20-40, you're a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Braves, Raiders, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Canadiens and/or Oilers, and you're not actually from those one of those cities ... well, you better have a reason that goes beyond "When I was picking a favorite team as a kid, they were the best team, so I picked them."

I'd like to add the Red Sox and Red Wings to this list.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It's funny last year a friend gave me a Washington Nationals hat when we attended a Nats/Red Sox game in DC. Proudly packed with Sox fans I might add. Man, I like the Nationals and all BUT I could NOT get myself to put on that Nationals hat to save my life (nice hat too) and I still have put it on. I just felt I would be betraying some unknown blue line or something of sportsdom. ;)

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:

It's funny last year a friend gave me a Washington Nationals hat when we attended a Nats/Red Sox game in DC. Proudly packed with Sox fans I might add. Man, I like the Nationals and all BUT I could NOT get myself to put on that Nationals hat to save my life (nice hat too) and I still have put it on. I just felt I would be betraying some unknown blue line or something of sportsdom. ;)

Peace

Don't get me wrong, I pull for the SF Giants and 49ers and Sharks as they are in different leagues/conferences as the Sox/Pats/B's (no hats or gear though!). Where as the Raiders, and A's are in the same leagues/conferences so they can go f--- themselves.

But, if it came to a playoff ... screw these San Fran teams! :D

• Options
    It doesn't matter where the jets and giants play in jersey, its still. New jersey. Am I supposed to root for the devils and nets cause they are also "local" teams or am I supposed to root for the knicks and islanders cause they actually play in the state of new york.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Don't get me wrong, I pull for the SF Giants and 49ers and Sharks as they are in different leagues/conferences as the Sox/Pats/B's (no hats or gear though!). Where as the Raiders, and A's are in the same leagues/conferences so they can go f--- themselves.

But, if it came to a playoff ... screw these San Fran teams! :D

Ahhhhhh, same here Capitals, Wizards yes I'll root for as long as they aren't playing Boston. The O's and the Deadskins can go fuck themselves. The Ravens yes except for last week, man did they kick our ass. :(

Peace

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    It doesn't matter where the jets and giants play in jersey, its still. New jersey. Am I supposed to root for the devils and nets cause they are also "local" teams or am I supposed to root for the knicks and islanders cause they actually play in the state of new york.

I dont get what you are getting at. If someone lives in the New York area and follows the Nets or Devils, I have no problem with that.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

YOU = FRAUDULENT.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I dont get what you are getting at. If someone lives in the New York area and follows the Nets or Devils, I have no problem with that.
    why should I root for teams that don't even play in my state. The jets, giants, devils and nets all play in NEW JERSEY. Why should I as someone in NEW YORK root for teams that play in NEW JERSEY. It doesn't matter if they are 10 minutes from nyc or down in Atlantic city, its STILL NEW JERSEY. What part of all that are you not getting. I wasn't even around when the. Jersey jets and jersey giants last played home games in the state of new yotk.