Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    jp0925:

Oh, I'm wearing the jersey to the game and probably the sites too. Probably the only day I'll ever wear one. I can handle my own, and I won't be alone. I've been searching and searching for the clip were Amy Poehler says in a Bostonian accent, "Remember when they made that gay movie and named it after your town?"
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Flip... Flip... Flipadelphia!!

Ohhhh, snortski! Look how loose his jeans are!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    81 wrote:
    The Pittsuburg Pirates are dead to me.

I have renouced my fandom and moved on. Imo, as long as the team is trying to win, that's all you can ask for. Losing for 17 years straight is not acceptable. Time to move on.

they actually have some nice young talent on that roster now though

Oh, they will trade them away before they have to pay them anything. They are the Yankees biggest trade partner of recent years.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited January 2010

It's Phillies, and your ex isn't the first to coin the term. Please - in the future, come up with something original.

dude...that is asking A LOT.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    jp0925:

Oh, I'm wearing the jersey to the game and probably the sites too. Probably the only day I'll ever wear one. I can handle my own, and I won't be alone. I've been searching and searching for the clip were Amy Poehler says in a Bostonian accent, "Remember when they made that gay movie and named it after your town?"

I'm assuming that was on SNL. The unfunny SNL. Amy Poehler hasn't been funny since Conan.

Look, dude, don't say I didn't warn you. And don't say, "Man, what a bunch of fucking assholes they are." When you know exactly what's going to happen.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Pittsuburg Pirates are dead to me.

I have renouced my fandom and moved on. Imo, as long as the team is trying to win, that's all you can ask for. Losing for 17 years straight is not acceptable. Time to move on.

they actually have some nice young talent on that roster now though

Oh, they will trade them away before they have to pay them anything. They are the Yankees biggest trade partner of recent years.

And they loooove taking that luxury tax money too.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    mr.pink wrote:
    Man, I missed out on all of this? God damnit. I feel like this convo's gone too far for me to even get involved now. :(

And, yes, the Cowboy did not sell out their building when they blew ass. That's a fact.

Fuck that fuckin star.

Oh yeah, in the late 80s. Fans probably were very low key during those shit times. I meant during the post-Aikman era, when we had 3 semi-shit years, there was no loss in fandom or sellouts. From 87 to 90, fans were just probably very distraught. Let's see we had that low period and the semi low period after Aikman left and a rough 4 years starting out in the 60s... and the rest has pretty much rocked... Damn its good to be a Cowboys fan!

wow so it's fun not having won A playoff game in 13 years? must really still enjoy the memories of the scumbag teams from the early 90s. At what point does that wear off and you actually move into a new decade? Maybe you'll win one tomorrow but we shall see.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    Man, I missed out on all of this? God damnit. I feel like this convo's gone too far for me to even get involved now. :(

And, yes, the Cowboy did not sell out their building when they blew ass. That's a fact.

Fuck that fuckin star.

Oh yeah, in the late 80s. Fans probably were very low key during those shit times. I meant during the post-Aikman era, when we had 3 semi-shit years, there was no loss in fandom or sellouts. From 87 to 90, fans were just probably very distraught. Let's see we had that low period and the semi low period after Aikman left and a rough 4 years starting out in the 60s... and the rest has pretty much rocked... Damn its good to be a Cowboys fan!

wow so it's fun not having won A playoff game in 13 years? must really still enjoy the memories of the scumbag teams from the early 90s. At what point does that wear off and you actually move into a new decade? Maybe you'll win one tomorrow but we shall see.

decade? how bout moving into a new century? :mrgreen::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    jp0925:

I'm assuming that was on SNL. The unfunny SNL. Amy Poehler hasn't been funny since Conan.

Look, dude, don't say I didn't warn you. And don't say, "Man, what a bunch of fucking assholes they are." When you know exactly what's going to happen.

I actually think this season of Parks and Rec was pretty funny, didn't like the first season at all but I thought this season was pretty fucking funny. The guys from Fire Joe Morgan are the writers, at least one of them.

If you are going to be a jerkoff about it definitely don't do it and if you do, it's your fault. I wore Giants gloves to the Giants-Eagles in 07 and was respectufl and didn't get too much shit but some drunk, loud obnoxious broad that was a Giants fan got a bunch of beers poured on her. We also went to the Bills game that year (i won 20 free tickets, a private party at chickies and a party bus) and I had a few bills fans with me that wore a bunch of gear, the Eagles were already out of it and it was the Bills so no one really gave a shit.

I look at it this way, I am not going to get into a fight because of something I say at an opponents stadium but it's the other clowns that will ruin the day for me. I wore Yankees gear to the Pearl Jam tailgates but were partying with about half my friends from back home who were all yankees fans and half phillies fans I know from here. If you run your mouth in someone elses stadium you deserve what you get, migth just be a bit worse in Philadelphia ( hence snowballs a few weeks ago).
  • Options

They sure do, that's my biggest problem with the system.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    jp0925:

I actually think this season of Parks and Rec was pretty funny, didn't like the first season at all but I thought this season was pretty fucking funny. The guys from Fire Joe Morgan are the writers, at least one of them.

If you are going to be a jerkoff about it definitely don't do it and if you do, it's your fault. I wore Giants gloves to the Giants-Eagles in 07 and was respectufl and didn't get too much shit but some drunk, loud obnoxious broad that was a Giants fan got a bunch of beers poured on her. We also went to the Bills game that year (i won 20 free tickets, a private party at chickies and a party bus) and I had a few bills fans with me that wore a bunch of gear, the Eagles were already out of it and it was the Bills so no one really gave a shit.

I look at it this way, I am not going to get into a fight because of something I say at an opponents stadium but it's the other clowns that will ruin the day for me. I wore Yankees gear to the Pearl Jam tailgates but were partying with about half my friends from back home who were all yankees fans and half phillies fans I know from here. If you run your mouth in someone elses stadium you deserve what you get, migth just be a bit worse in Philadelphia ( hence snowballs a few weeks ago).

Agreed. Cowboy fans get it A LOT worse than any other team though, so just sayin'. I'm on record to say I have no problem with the snowball incident though.

And I had no problem with the Yankees fans that were at game 5, which I was at, except for the douche humping the Mike Schmidt statue. I stood in front of the pictures he wanted to take. That shit ain't happenin.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Mine too. That's about the only problem I have with the game right now. God, I love baseball.
  • Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    mr.pink wrote:
    jp0925:

It was during the news segment, always the funniest part of the show. And it was before the Superbowl. She is from Boston, and Tina Fey is from Philidelphia. They were trading insults in their accents. It was funny.

I know what can happen, dude. I'm not going to be obnoxious, but I'm sure the jersey will be loud enough to start conversations :twisted:
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    jp0925:

It was during the news segment, always the funniest part of the show. And it was before the Superbowl. She is from Boston, and Tina Fey is from Philidelphia. They were trading insults in their accents. It was funny.

I know what can happen, dude. I'm not going to be obnoxious, but I'm sure the jersey will be loud enough to start conversations :twisted:

Ahh, I do remember this now. Man, that was a long time ago. Sheesh, SNL's been unfunny for a long time now...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Mine too. That's about the only problem I have with the game right now. God, I love baseball.

Yeah, I think something is going to have to change next time around but it beats the hell out of me what is going to happen. Yankees are mad that owners pocket their money and other teams are mad the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc. have such an advantage.

Same here, best game in the world. I can't wait for spring training.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I think something is going to have to change next time around but it beats the hell out of me what is going to happen. Yankees are mad that owners pocket their money and other teams are mad the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc. have such an advantage.

Same here, best game in the world. I can't wait for spring training.

They need a salary minimum at the least. The small market owners will always use that argument. The Phillies wanted to use that philosophy as long as they were in the Vet. They knew they couldn't spread that propaganda bullshit once they moved into a new ballpark. Speaking of which, what do you think of the new Yankee? I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I really didn't like it.
  • Options
    They need a salary minimum at the least. The small market owners will always use that argument. The Phillies wanted to use that philosophy as long as they were in the Vet. They knew they couldn't spread that propaganda bullshit once they moved into a new ballpark. Speaking of which, what do you think of the new Yankee? I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I really didn't like it.

I agree a minimum is needed, baseball is a gigantic business and there is no excuse for some of these teams to be spending so little. I am not saying every team needs to be the Yankees or anything close but some of these owners are geting away with robbery.

I am a huge fan of the new stadium. We had the saturday package at the old stadium and I love that place like crazy but the fact of the matter is the Yankees were not staying in that building. I love how the old tier was right on top of the field and the place would shake. I took a tour of the old stadium and you would be shocked at the size of the hallways and clubhouse. Even the dugout was extremely small, i have no idea how 25 athletes plus coaches fit in there.

The new stadium has some problems that I hope the Yankees fix (MOVE MONUMENT PARK!!!!), but it is a beautiful stadium. You can't compare Citizens Bank and NYS because one is a ballpark and one is a gigantic stadium. I love the outside of the stadium and the great hall is incredible. Views are great and seats have much more room. The Bleachers are legit and you can drink in them now. Sure the place is much more corporate but I knew that was going to be the case going in, it is the exact same people that are sitting behind home plate in the new stadium that were in the old one, they are just making a bigger deal out of it now becasue there were empty seats. I really like the style of the stadium, combined the original stadium with the '73 redesign.

I think it is really fan friendly, which is something everyone that visited just once said the opposite. I think it is because the place is so fucking big and overwhelming at first.

Edit: My way of judging the stadium from the beginning was by saying is this a place I am going to want to go see Yankees games in for the next 50 years? and the answer was 100% yes.
  • Options
    What didn't you like about it? Did you go to the Phillies series?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All well and good, but to me ballparks stick out for one of two reasons - either for their history or their style that gives it charm. And Yankee Stadium had history, and this ballpark has neither. But I'm sure that can change in time - ie winning this year. I just felt like I was walking through a grotesquely huge mall. Everything to me that's wrong with the Dallas stadium is the feeling I had when I walked into New Yankee. It just screamed of look at me! But that's just me.

I did go during the Phils series - the only game they lost, but it was still an awesome time. I really feel lucky for the price of a ballgame I spend for a game in the Northeast in CBP. We got roughly the same seats as my Sunday package and they were $50 compared to $22(behind home plate, top section). That was my first time in the bars across the street. That was a good time. Those people were cool. I can bust balls with New York people - there's that feeling that both parties will talk shit all day in a non-violent manner unless someone wants to be a dick.

The butcher behind the glass was sweet. But fuck your $9 beer guys.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All well and good, but to me ballparks stick out for one of two reasons - either for their history or their style that gives it charm. And Yankee Stadium had history, and this ballpark has neither. But I'm sure that can change in time - ie winning this year. I just felt like I was walking through a grotesquely huge mall. Everything to me that's wrong with the Dallas stadium is the feeling I had when I walked into New Yankee. It just screamed of look at me! But that's just me.

I did go during the Phils series - the only game they lost, but it was still an awesome time. I really feel lucky for the price of a ballgame I spend for a game in the Northeast in CBP. We got roughly the same seats as my Sunday package and they were $50 compared to $22(behind home plate, top section). That was my first time in the bars across the street. That was a good time. Those people were cool. I can bust balls with New York people - there's that feeling that both parties will talk shit all day in a non-violent manner unless someone wants to be a dick.

The butcher behind the glass was sweet. But fuck your $9 beer guys.

I hear you and winning this year was a huge start. I will agree the stadium screams look at me. I think the Yankees tried harder than Dallas to being back some of that history with the same designs, monument park the museum, etc.

I was at that game as well, had really shit seats behind the foul pole and ended up just standing on the lower level behind third base. It was a fun game. I met Michael Barkann after the game and bullshitted with him for a good half hour, great guy. For whaatever its worth, he loved the stadium.

The difference in ticket price is crazy. I was shocked when I first came to Philly at the prices of Phillies tickets. Even back at the old stadium, they were much more expensive. The package I had only went up $2 a game (we didn't get the package with the move, that pissed me off), which I didn't see as that bad and they are staying the same next year.

I fucking love the bars at the stadium, Stan's is great but it gets way too packed unless you get there real early and get a good spot, the bowling alley is my bar of choice if stans is mobbed. It really is a good crowd and won't get violent unless someone else starts something up. The stadium was full of Phillies fans and we were busting each others balls all game. and had a good time. The only fight i saw was between to Phillies fans.

The butchers are pretty sick, the food in general is pretty awesome. Haha, I went with the $10 souviner cups all season, I think they were a few ounces bigger and either way I have a shit load of plastic yankees cups now.
  • Options
    Fucking a, talking about this has me pumped! Baseball season can't get here soon enough.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hear you and winning this year was a huge start. I will agree the stadium screams look at me. I think the Yankees tried harder than Dallas to being back some of that history with the same designs, monument park the museum, etc.

I was at that game as well, had really shit seats behind the foul pole and ended up just standing on the lower level behind third base. It was a fun game. I met Michael Barkann after the game and bullshitted with him for a good half hour, great guy. For whaatever its worth, he loved the stadium.

The difference in ticket price is crazy. I was shocked when I first came to Philly at the prices of Phillies tickets. Even back at the old stadium, they were much more expensive. The package I had only went up $2 a game (we didn't get the package with the move, that pissed me off), which I didn't see as that bad and they are staying the same next year.

I fucking love the bars at the stadium, Stan's is great but it gets way too packed unless you get there real early and get a good spot, the bowling alley is my bar of choice if stans is mobbed. It really is a good crowd and won't get violent unless someone else starts something up. The stadium was full of Phillies fans and we were busting each others balls all game. and had a good time. The only fight i saw was between to Phillies fans.

The butchers are pretty sick, the food in general is pretty awesome. Haha, I went with the $10 souviner cups all season, I think they were a few ounces bigger and either way I have a shit load of plastic yankees cups now.

Yeah, I forget what bar we were at before - on the corner, think it was called Yankee Tavern. Then stumbled into some club afterwards, brick walls outside I believe....neon sign as you entered...don't remember much. Real shit show.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I forget what bar we were at before - on the corner, think it was called Yankee Tavern. Then stumbled into some club afterwards, brick walls outside I believe....neon sign as you entered...don't remember much. Real shit show.

Yeah, Yankee Tavern is a good spot. I don't usually go but people love it. I think know the club you are talking about, have been there once or twice, I think it is a pretty new spot.
  • Options
    Everyone knows a man is measured by how well he can beat the pootie. What fucking team you root for is pointless and borderline gay. Think about it...."I bleed Red for the Phillies"....who gives a mountain lion fuck? I just stroked your wife's pussy while you were out at a 4 hour baseball game drinking $9 beers.

Not taking care of the pussy is fraudulent behavior. Suck on that Eagles fans.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Everyone knows a man is measured by how well he can beat the pootie. What fucking team you root for is pointless and borderline gay. Think about it...."I bleed Red for the Phillies"....who gives a mountain lion fuck? I just stroked your wife's pussy while you were out at a 4 hour baseball game drinking $9 beers.

Although he speaks with a pristine eloquence I barely comprehend, the Donkey doesn’t lie.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

Although he speaks with a pristine eloquence I barely comprehend, the Donkey doesn’t lie.

didn't idaho win the humanitarian bowl this year? congrats!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:

didn't idaho win the humanitarian bowl this year? congrats!

Not sure, Hammerdonkey and I were tearing through a pack of cheerleaders when that game was played.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Not sure, Hammerdonkey and I were tearing through a pack of cheerleaders when that game was played.

Nothing like Falcon Punching a bitch with the Humanitarian Bowl on in the background.
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

Nothing like Falcon Punching a bitch with the Humanitarian Bowl on in the background.

...alright thanks wheels
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    here's one...if you bet against your hometown team (since we already determined that if you're not a fan of your hometown team you are most likely a fraud to begin with ;) )............you're a FRAUD! :lol:

kudos to these ravens for recognizing the rules:

http://deadspin.com/5445520/ravens-fan- ... ctrocution
    chinese-happy.jpg