Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    imalive wrote:

no betting on a rival is fine so long as they are not playing your squad and you openly say how much it pains you have to make such a bet.

i hate the cowboys more than any other team in sports yet, because they're a rival, i feel as though i've always had a good read on them. hence, your juggler has won quite a bit of money on them over the years.

i see no fraudulence here.

overruled.
    you bet the 'boys to win? :?

yes. as long as they're not playing the eagles. nothing fraudulent about that so long as you follow the rules.

betting against your squad is about as fraudulent as you can get though. when i was in college one of my best friends would secretly bet against the eagles. but he wouldn't call the bets in himself. his reasoning was that if he had his girlfriend, at the time, call the bets in, he shouldn't be considered a fraud.

he was mistaken. sooo sadly mistaken. :lol::lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:

no betting on a rival is fine so long as they are not playing your squad and you openly say how much it pains you have to make such a bet.

i hate the cowboys more than any other team in sports yet, because they're a rival, i feel as though i've always had a good read on them. hence, your juggler has won quite a bit of money on them over the years.

i see no fraudulence here.

overruled.

yes. as long as they're not playing the eagles. nothing fraudulent about that so long as you follow the rules.

betting against your squad is about as fraudulent as you can get though. when i was in college one of my best friends would secretly bet against the eagles. but he wouldn't call the bets in himself. his reasoning was that if he had his girlfriend, at the time, call the bets in, he shouldn't be considered a fraud.

what if you are a cubs fan...and you know your team stinks?

couldn't you make a case that betting agaist the cubs and winning those bets is payback for the shit season???
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

what if you are a cubs fan...and you know your team stinks?

couldn't you make a case that betting agaist the cubs and winning those bets is payback for the shit season???

i'm from philadelphia. you don't have to give me the cubs as an example. :mrgreen:

no, that is never acceptable in my book.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    About a week ago a coworker and I were talking college football...mainly me complaining about South Carolina's pathetic performance against Auburn and he says "Man, you have to get more teams to pull for. That way you're not living and dying with one team each week." The fraud detector immediately went off...apparently he pulls for South Carolina and any team from the state that he grew up and doesn't really have any ties to any of those schools.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    "Man, you have to get more teams to pull for.
    total fraud.

I have one team in the three major sports (no hockey :shifty: ) and three in college football (where I grew up, where I went and where I live now). they ALL suck, this year :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    total fraud.

I have one team in the three major sports (no hockey :shifty: ) and three in college football (where I grew up, where I went and where I live now). they ALL suck, this year :lol:

agreed.

there are more gray areas when it comes to college. but the way that guy was apparently talking, he comes across pretty fruadulent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    imalive wrote:
    total fraud.

agreed.

there are more gray areas when it comes to college. but the way that guy was apparently talking, he comes across pretty fruadulent.
    Yeah, college fandom does have it's gray areas. But he was definitely fraudulent, especially after I learned this afternoon that he also pulls for Big East teams (one of "his" teams is in the Big East) just because he doesn't want the football side of the league to fall apart.

For pro sports, I have one team that I pull for. For college, I do actively pull for 3 schools (2 are non-fraudulent, 1 is borderline :lol:), but there is definitely a hierarchy involved that determines who I pull for in situations where those schools meet.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    Commissioner:

You know who my baseball team is....I occasionally wear a mariners hat (AL team, PJ trident variety) or a twins hat (AL team, gift from a friend, fits good). I also occasionally wear a columbus crew hat (I could give two shits, couldn't name a player on the team but like the "men at work" logo :lol: ). One last hat I sometimes wear is a minnesota golden gophers M (gift from same people, fits good and the gophers always suck).

Anything fraudulent about this practice?

P.S. You would never catch me in any other NL team hat.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    imalive wrote:
    Commissioner:

You know who my baseball team is....I occasionally wear a mariners hat (AL team, PJ trident variety) or a twins hat (AL team, gift from a friend, fits good). I also occasionally wear a columbus crew hat (I could give two shits, couldn't name a player on the team but like the "men at work" logo :lol: ). One last hat I sometimes wear is a minnesota golden gophers M (gift from same people, fits good and the gophers always suck).

Which is worse wearing gear from another team or just rooting for another team? For me I find it impossible to wear another teams gear .....I can root for them but as to their gear NO. I was given Ravens SB but I couldn't wear it even though I root for them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Commissioner:

Which is worse wearing gear from another team or just rooting for another team? For me I find it impossible to wear another teams gear .....I can root for them but as to their gear NO. I was given Ravens SB but I couldn't wear it even though I root for them.

Peace

rob--i think the bigger issue is you have friends who don't know what teams you root for :lol:

no i wouldn't wear another team's gear too.

i do have teams who i kind of pull for secondary to my own though. like in football, i've always liked the lions since i was a kid. barry sanders. and then they just got so horrible i felt bad and pulled for them out of pity. so i'm happy they're playing better now. being from philadelphia i guess i'm just drawn to bad teams. in baseball, when i was younger, it was the indians. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Band wagon fans are possibly the most fraudulent fans ever. I'm seeing a lot of Lions "fans" around me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Commissioner: One last hat I sometimes wear is a minnesota golden gophers M (gift from same people, fits good and the gophers always suck).quote]

Watch it, I bleed the maroon and gold. Though I can certainly admit that gopher sports are usually quite terrible. The football team for example...Good Lord, not sure if they could beat many D2 teams. However, I continue to support and always will no matter how poorly they play. TCF Bank Stadium is a sweet place!
  • Options
    Fraud alert!

My friend was telling how he was a Pats fan, then Vick went to Philly, he became a Philly fan. Then he said, "Once Vick started losing, I went back to being a Pats fan."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fraud alert!

My friend was telling how he was a Pats fan, then Vick went to Philly, he became a Philly fan. Then he said, "Once Vick started losing, I went back to being a Pats fan."

you have my permission to punch this guy in the face. straight shot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    Band wagon fans are possibly the most fraudulent fans ever. I'm seeing a lot of Lions "fans" around me.

i'm sure some are bandwagon....but really, if you were a lions fan, would you want to have worn a lions jersey over the last decade or so
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i'm sure some are bandwagon....but really, if you were a lions fan, would you want to have worn a lions jersey over the last decade or so
    No but people here in CT are saying "Lions are my team!" when last year those same people were saying "Packers are my team!"
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fraud alert!

you have my permission to punch this guy in the face. straight shot.
    :lol::lol::lol: He definitely deserves a straight shot.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

No but people here in CT are saying "Lions are my team!" when last year those same people were saying "Packers are my team!"

clearly fraudulent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Although I follow a few teams, I am a fan of good sports competition, so will gladly skip watching one of my teams to see a better game.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

clearly fraudulent.
    150% fraudulent.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Although I follow a few teams, I am a fan of good sports competition, so will gladly skip watching one of my teams to see a better game.

ooooh, i don't know about that. can you explain further?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    edited October 2011
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

to be clear here Jiggles, he said Sport Fan. Not about team necessarily.

Go this route , change your title. Are you a team fan fraud or something like that.

EDIT!!!! BAsed on subsequent post by this fraud, hes a fraud!!! He should be banned from this and other sports related threadsa. IN FACT lets all pm Kat and Sea to get him a timeout to think about his fraudulance. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

hmmm....I would rather watch my team blowing someone out than watch a different game..Just sayin' ;)

Of course, that hasn't happened in a really long time with the Cowboys :lol:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well, take this NFL season for example. You could say I am an Eagles fan (although I have a lot of trouble admitting that), but have no problem getting on the bandwagon for a team like the Packers. I enjoy watching a team that does things right. Why go through the pain of having the Eagles raise hopes and then shatter them like they do every season.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well, take this NFL season for example. You could say I am an Eagles fan (although I have a lot of trouble admitting that), but have no problem getting on the bandwagon for a team like the Packers. I enjoy watching a team that does things right. Why go through the pain of having the Eagles raise hopes and then shatter them like they do every season.

that's fraudulent...

and fuck the packers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Why go through the pain of having the Eagles raise hopes and then shatter them like they do every season.

Yeah, that must suck. Tell us about it jeags. :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

that's fraudulent...

and fuck the packers

hehe....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

oh boy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    This is for the fraud masters...down here in S Florida we have the owner of the Dolphins whose team this Sunday will play the Broncos. For a promotion they are having a I think I have this right a Tim Tebow/Florida Gators national championship celebration. Now back when this was set in place TT was not the starter for the Broncos but it now appears the game is a sellout. So Steven Ross the owner has accomplished his goal making some money but is he fraudulent for having a celebration for the opposing teams starting QB?

I certainly think so.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    This is for the fraud masters...down here in S Florida we have the owner of the Dolphins whose team this Sunday will play the Broncos. For a promotion they are having a I think I have this right a Tim Tebow/Florida Gators national championship celebration. Now back when this was set in place TT was not the starter for the Broncos but it now appears the game is a sellout. So Steven Ross the owner has accomplished his goal making some money but is he fraudulent for having a celebration for the opposing teams starting QB?

I certainly think so.

Peace

i think this is fraudulent. at the same time, he's the owner of the team and just trying to fill seats. it's a business. kind of a gray area i guess.

however i love how the miami fans are pissed about this. fuck the u! :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg