Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Rooting against your team when there playing cause u hate the phillies is a fraudulant fan.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    Rooting against your team when there playing cause u hate the phillies is a fraudulant fan.

what do you mean?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    ure sucha asshat joey

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

what do you mean?

why would you root against your team just cause you hate the phillies?? im missing something arent i??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

what do you mean?
    jamminpearls bbm'ed me at 9:02 pm and said go muts and i responded with go braves cause i'm anti phillies and don't wanna see them in da playoffs.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

what do you mean?
    jamminpearls bbm'ed me at 9:02 pm and said go muts and i responded with go braves cause i'm anti phillies and don't wanna see them in da playoffs.

well you're in the right thread then :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

well you're in the right thread then :mrgreen:
    what is with flithy fans being asshats :P

i wish this board had a more then a 3 quote limit :evil:

• Options
    wow there were so many fraudulent jerseys at the eagles game yesterday. wow.

people's own names on the back. one person's name just said "philadelphia."

the worst was this one loser sporting an oversized helmet on his head who wore #99 (a retired number for the birds--the guy who last wore it died in a car crash 20 years ago)......the name on the back of his jersey: "Helmet Man." not only is that fraudulent---it's disrespectful. had i had a few more pops in me at that point, i would have gone over there and said something to him.

people. people....i cannot be more clear. if you intend on purchasing a jersey of any kind, know this: it is only acceptable to wear it on game days unless you're a kid.....and never, ever, under no circumstances, alter the name on the back of the uniform.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

the worst was this one loser sporting an oversized helmet on his head who wore #99 (a retired number for the birds--the guy who last wore it died in a car crash 20 years ago)......the name on the back of his jersey: "Helmet Man." not only is that fraudulent---it's disrespectful. had i had a few more pops in me at that point, i would have gone over there and said something to him.

people. people....i cannot be more clear. if you intend on purchasing a jersey of any kind, know this: it is only acceptable to wear it on game days unless you're a kid.....and never, ever, under no circumstances, alter the name on the back of the uniform.

you must have missed the commercial for the nfl shop that was advertising create your own jersey. nfl is pushin fraudulent activity.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

you must have missed the commercial for the nfl shop that was advertising create your own jersey. nfl is pushin fraudulent activity.

non fraudulent fans must avoid that activity at all costs.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cleary, the nfl is fraudulent and should be avoided at all costs. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    81 wrote:

While I think customized jerseys are fraudlent, I kind of get a kick out of that NFL shop commercial.
  • Options
    i'm not sure i know what commercial you guys are talking about. i normally channel surf during them.

actually one commercial i've seen and find funny is for some cell phone carrier...sprint maybe? its the trainer and a player in the training room. the player just broke his leg and is out for the year. but finds out after thousands of other people as the trainer has already tweeted it or something. ....yeah, or something to that effect.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i'm not sure i know what commercial you guys are talking about. i normally channel surf during them.

actually one commercial i've seen and find funny is for some cell phone carrier...sprint maybe? its the trainer and a player in the training room. the player just broke his leg and is out for the year. but finds out after thousands of other people as the trainer has already tweeted it or something. ....yeah, or something to that effect.

there was a commercial showing a bunch of saints fans with variations of Brees on the back of jerseys and shirts.

Sunny Breeze
    lil bree
    etc

i'm sure it will be on 1000 times this season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh my god!

the dude with "helmet head" on the back of his #99 jersey is featured on the eagles website for some reason:http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/TastyKakeStory.asp?story_id=17407.

he's a pastor too. good thing i didn't have too many beers by that point....i would've been headed straight to hell :mrgreen:

seriously though...that pastor's a tool. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    oh my god!

the dude with "helmet head" on the back of his #99 jersey is featured on the eagles website for some reason:http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/TastyKakeStory.asp?story_id=17407.

he's a pastor too. good thing i didn't have too many beers by that point....i would've been headed straight to hell :mrgreen:

or heaven if you are muslim
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    oh my god!

or heaven if you are muslim

that dude was not acting like a pastor yesterday. that much i will grant you.

when we saw him, he was standing on the roof of a car doing the eagles chant.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Bryce Harpers favorite sports teams:

Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, Duke basketball and Texas football

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... ports.html
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kids today...

Where's our boy Jason? I mean Neil.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

wow, just wow. talk about a front runner. i'll never be able to root for this guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

wow, just wow. talk about a front runner. i'll never be able to root for this guy.

And I think he may have the potential of having a larger chin protrusion than Cowher.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kids today...

im unc not duke and jets not cowboys and penn st. not texas

everything else is gravy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kids today...

im unc not duke and jets not cowboys and penn st. not texas

everything else is gravy

if by gravy you mean fraudulent, then i would have to agree with you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tomorrow is AFL grand final day.

GO SAINTS!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    7. Be very careful when using the word "We" with your favorite team. Use it judiciously. Just remember, you don't wear a uniform, you don't play any minutes, and you're not on the team. And yes, this was an extremely tough line for me to straddle during the Patriots' Super Bowl run.

Guilty as charged. I think I do so because it's so easy to identify with your favorite team and their fans, so when talking about them, it becomes we.
    16. If you marry someone who roots for a different team than you, you can't be bullied into switching allegiances. You'd be amazed how often this happens ... and how often it's the guy who folds. The power of women to whip men never ceases to amaze me. The funniest part is when the guy starts making excuses: "Well, once I moved to Boston from New York, I got caught up in this whole Red Sox thing and the American League, so I stopped following the Mets," or "I never liked the Browns as much as she liked the Bengals, so I'm taking one for the team," or even my personal favorite, "We wanted our kids to root for the same team as their parents."

Not guilty, although I kind of forced my wife to pull for my teams. Not exactly forced, but she much prefers my mood when my teams win, so by default she wants them to win too.
    19. Once you choose a team, you're stuck with that team for the rest of your life ... unless one of the following conditions applies:

#1 Your team moves to another city. All bets are off when that happens. In fact, if you decided to turn off that sport entirely, nobody would blame you.

#2 You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport -- so you picked a random team -- and then either a.) your city landed a team, or b.) you moved to a city that fielded a team for that specific sport. For instance, one of my Connecticut buddies rooted for the Sixers during the Doctor J Era, then happened to be living in Orlando when the Magic came to town. Now he's a Magic fan. That's acceptable.

#3 One of your immediate family members either plays professionally or takes a relevant management/coaching/front office position with a pro team.

#4 You follow your favorite college star (and this has to be a once-in-a-generation favorite college star) to the pros and root for his team du jour ... like if you were a UNC fan for the past 20 years, and you rooted for the Bulls (because of MJ) and then the Raptors (because of Vince). Only works if there isn't a pro team in your area.

#5 The owner of your favorite team treated his fans so egregiously over the years that you couldn't take it anymore -- you would rather not follow them at all then support a franchise with this owner in charge. Just for the record, I reached this point with the Boston Bruins about six years ago. When it happens, you have two options: You can either renounce that team and pick someone else, or you can pretend they're dead, like you're a grieving widow. That's what I do. I'm an NHL widow. I don't even want to date another team.

#6 If you're between the ages of 20-40, you're a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Braves, Raiders, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Canadiens and/or Oilers, and you're not actually from those one of those cities ... well, you better have a reason that goes beyond "When I was picking a favorite team as a kid, they were the best team, so I picked them."

For #6: I'm 27, a fan of the Braves, and don't live in Atlanta. I started pulling for them in 1989 (when they were bad - so no bandwagoning going on) because they were the closest team to my hometown and also because my dad pulled for them.

I've stopped pulling for teams for some of the reasons listed though. Charlotte Hornets follow #1 and #5. Was a huge Hornets fan growing up, loved Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, etc. Then owner George Shinn got greedy and didn't want to pay players what they were worth and finally moved the team to New Orleans because Charlotte wouldn't build him a new stadium (because of his own douchebaggery). For #2, I grew up starting out as a Redskins fan because their games were on tv in the media market that I lived and my dad was a fan. Then, in 1995 Charlotte (er, Carolina) got the Panthers, and I've been a Panthers fan ever since.

I don't consider myself a fraud when pulling for the teams I pull for. I pull for those teams because of specific reasons, mostly because of growing up as a fan of those teams. Fun article though. I really like Simmons' work...he and Jim Caple (because of CSI:Box Score) are really the only columnists at ESPN that I like.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

shit this punk ass diva takes the cake for being a fraud

i'm suprised he's not a fan of the Canadians

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

canadiEns.

narrow it down a bit. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

canadiEns.

narrow it down a bit. :P
    board spell check said i was rite so there

:mrgreen:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Isn't Lebron the same ?

I know he's Yankees and Cowboys I think
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Isn't Lebron the same ?

I know he's Yankees and Cowboys I think
    don't know bout him being a cowboyz but he's a yanks fan cause he's buddy buddy wit cc

jayz is the biggest fraud of them all. he's part owner of the nets but shows up at knicks game and not nets games