Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,759
    Is Rios finally starting to come to life??? Now we just need Dunn to get his shit together...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cubs coming to town....i'm sure Dunn will enjoy the extra batting practice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    edited June 2011
    No better team to get start a win streak started than against the stupid Cub Stains.
    Post edited by shadowcast on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:
    No better team to get better against than the stupid Cub Stains.

Starling just committed anouther error
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    What are the pitching match ups?
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    What are the pitching match ups?

Head case vs. gabin tonight
    garza vs. buehrle tommorrow
    davis vs. peavy to close things out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to Zambrano's annual meltdown on the south side.
  • Options
    SOme would say that after the Sox won the World Series in 2005 the crosstown classic kind of lost it's luster. What sets it off for me is that the Cubs will score like in the 1st inning and one of my Cub fan friends will send a text message "Oh YEAH!!! One to nothing!!!!" Then it reminds me of why I hate the Cubs. And then it's back on.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    SOme would say that after the Sox won the World Series in 2005 the crosstown classic kind of lost it's luster. What sets it off for me is that the Cubs will score like in the 1st inning and one of my Cub fan friends will send a text message "Oh YEAH!!! One to nothing!!!!" Then it reminds me of why I hate the Cubs. And then it's back on.

Another thing that kinda kills it is that it is pretty rare that both teams are actually playing well and in contention for the crosstown series. Usually by this point in the season, at least 1 team is out of it already as is the case with the Cubs. But, it's still exciting and fun to talk shit to all of my Cubs fan friends.
  • Options
    Chicago White Sox: 41 Wins vs. Chicago Cubs: 37 Wins

plus the 1906 World Series 4-2

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

It's been a close series. I do like going to these games. It's pretty close or is playoff atmosphere.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    shadowcast wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

It's been a close series. I do like going to these games. It's pretty close or is playoff atmosphere.

These are fun to go to, although I would not describe it as playoff atmosphere this year. Exciting, yes, but after this series and the one at Wrigley is over, I don't think either side will be able to do much bragging. It's not like beating either one of these teams right now is an amazing feat.

Nonetheless, it would be fun to be there, as it always is. Something is better than nothing, and this may be the only important series this year for either club.

Go Sox!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    always tommorrow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    Too bad the Cubs cant play the AAA White Sox more often!!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

Don't be too cocky, Speedy. The Sox are head jobs this year.. The Cubs just... well, you know. :P

You complete me. ;)
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    The 81 wrote:
    always tommorrow
    or always next year depending on which side of the fence you are. :lol:
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

Don't be too cocky, Speedy. The Sox are head jobs this year.. The Cubs just... well, you know. :P

You complete me. ;)
    Adam Dunn completes me........
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited June 2011
    Why do superstar/hyped talents ALWAYS fail for the sox? - dunn, peavy, wells, colon, rios, ritchie
    and other teams' rejects flourish?- Dye, Humber, Danks, Quentin, Jenks, Thornton
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    Peavy hasn't been bad, outside of the injury bug he has caught. Rios was very solid last year and is showing signs up life this year (Wouldn't he be in the reject column) Dunn so far has been a waste of money, but a move had to be made to fill the DH hole. He still has time to turn it around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it's okay, bobby will bounce back and close like we all know he can.
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:

All he needs is some chicken soup and some of my good lovin' and Bobby will be back at it.
  • Options
    The 81 wrote:
    Peavy hasn't been bad, outside of the injury bug he has caught. Rios was very solid last year and is showing signs up life this year (Wouldn't he be in the reject column) Dunn so far has been a waste of money, but a move had to be made to fill the DH hole. He still has time to turn it around.

Well that injury bug that Peavy has caught has been a pretty big issue.

Rios was terrible the seoncd half of 09 after the Sox claimed him. Last year he was solid and he has been awful this entire season. He grounds into double plays like it's his job.

As far as Dunn, I don't even know what to say anymore. He looked completely lost last night. We're almost halfway though the season and he is way below the mendoza line. Not good.
  • Options
    So who are the AAA White Sox putting on the mound tonight???
  • Options

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120795&start=870#p3727774
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

So if the white sox are AAA, are the cubs single A?

Buehrle on the mound tonight...he has been pitching really well lately.
  • Options
    JUst talked to Geovany Soto in the lobby of my hotel. Cool guy, not as big as you would think. Talked to him about Ozzie and how the whole thing and he was laughing about it. No hard feelings on Ozzie kicking his mask. Nice guy.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    JUst talked to Geovany Soto in the lobby of my hotel. Cool guy, not as big as you would think. Talked to him about Ozzie and how the whole thing and he was laughing about it. No hard feelings on Ozzie kicking his mask. Nice guy.

Did you call him Pudge?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

That's pretty funny. Ozzie would have kicked anything that was on the ground right there....it could have been a puppy and he would have booted it. Didn't have any impact on the outcome of the game, but that was a terrible call...
  • Options
    How many beers is that cubs fan that they keep showing behind the right handed hitters going to drink? He's already on at least his second and looks to be in a pounding mod
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg