Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

1474849505153»

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I can't believe they seem to be cool with Fossil the Drunkard running the team.  My predictions are very wrong thus far.
    Totally rooting for them in the AL, despite my feelings about LaRedass.

Yep...absolutely hated the LaRussa hire.  But gotta give him credit for the way he has handled all the injuries they've had this year.  Some of these lineups he has put out there have been very questionable but it's clearly working pretty damn good.  The pitching is legit.  Kopech, Kimbrel and Hendriks in the bullpen is scary.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Disappointing end to the season.  Starting pitching was horrible the entire series and the offense only showed up for 1 game.  Some questionable moves by LaRussa as well but in the end they just got their asses kicked by a much better team. 

Quite a few holes to fill in the offseason.  2B and RF are huge needs.  Trading away Madrigal is going to come back to haunt them.  While the Kimbrel trade was exciting at the time, it wasn't the right move.  They already had a great closer in Hendriks and should have looked to improve the roster where they actually had a need.  Or they should have made Kimbrel the closer right away and not asked him to be a setup guy.  The dude is a HOF closer and they ask him to start pitching in the 8th inning which he has barely done his entire career.  Just brutal.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Disappointing end to the season.  Starting pitching was horrible the entire series and the offense only showed up for 1 game.  Some questionable moves by LaRussa as well but in the end they just got their asses kicked by a much better team. 

Quite a few holes to fill in the offseason.  2B and RF are huge needs.  Trading away Madrigal is going to come back to haunt them.  While the Kimbrel trade was exciting at the time, it wasn't the right move.  They already had a great closer in Hendriks and should have looked to improve the roster where they actually had a need.  Or they should have made Kimbrel the closer right away and not asked him to be a setup guy.  The dude is a HOF closer and they ask him to start pitching in the 8th inning which he has barely done his entire career.  Just brutal.
    Yeah, I know Houston's lineup is damn good...but the pitching was not solid for Chicago. I agree with you on Kimbrel as well.

I think LaRussa's temper tantrum yesterday was a bit much, to be honest. Why would he intentionally hit Abreu with the lead? Makes no sense. I think he may have been trying to rally his team, which I get to a certain degree. He then doubled down in the press conference after the game and came across as a sore loser. Just my $0.02.

The White Sox are missing a couple of pieces, but they'll be back next year. No doubt about that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com