Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    i still can't figure out why yesterday's game was the fox game of the week and tonights is espn sunday night baseball.
    Maybe it was set before the season started?

Remember, Cubs and Sox have talent.. excuse me, *had talent.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Sox suck, so what does that say about the Cubs.

They really fucking suck. Maybe next year. When do the Blackhawks start again? I'd say Bears, but they suck too.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Kevinman wrote:

They really fucking suck. Maybe next year. When do the Blackhawks start again? I'd say Bears, but they suck too.

pre season games start in sept....any non bandwagon fan would know that. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    81 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

I know, I have season tickets, just kidding around. Seems like everyone's a fan now though, and apparently they have to tell a story of how much of a fan they are and for how long. Wonder where they were three years ago? Better to have them than to not have them I guess.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Davidtrios wrote:
    There's nothing like playing the weak NL to right the ship!
    I wonder why that is that the National League is consistantly worse than the American League..[/quote

i think the was the other way around 20-30 yrs ago...maybe just a trend for now
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Kevinman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

I know, I have season tickets, just kidding around. Seems like everyone's a fan now though, and apparently they have to tell a story of how much of a fan they are and for how long. Wonder where they were three years ago? Better to have them than to not have them I guess.

People are making way too big of a deal with all this how long have you been a fan shit. 3 years ago, it was pretty much impossible to be a fan of the Hawks....home games weren't even on TV!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

People are making way too big of a deal with all this how long have you been a fan shit. 3 years ago, it was pretty much impossible to be a fan of the Hawks....home games weren't even on TV!

i understand that, but when people are wearing hawks stuff, but the first game they watched this season was during the playoffs....welll, that's fraud material
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i understand that, but when people are wearing hawks stuff, but the first game they watched this season was during the playoffs....welll, that's fraud material

Yeah, it can be pretty annoying but that comes with the territory. One of my friends asked me what "icing" was during the first round of the playoffs and I wanted to punch him. But, if that's the worst part about having an elite team, I'll take it.
  • Options
    lets get this thread back on track....

fuck the cubs. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Boy, what a barnburner that game last night was... :lol: It did have it's moments in the top of the 9th, but you know when you sleep from the 2nd through the 5th without missing a single HIT, well that's just damn good baseball.

Still, glad to win the series (is that the first back-back series wins this year? too lazy to look it up) and now we get the Pirates and the Nats. Could things be looking up?.......doubtful :lol:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Pirates have given the Cubs fits and the nasty Nats are looking tough with the young Phenom...we shall see.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Pirates have given the Cubs fits and the nasty Nats are looking tought with the young Phenom...we shall see.

and the Pirates are riding an 8 game losing streak. :lol:

Nats are playing close to 500 ball. they will be the tougher of the two teams.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Pirates have given the Cubs fits and the nasty Nats are looking tought with the young Phenom...we shall see.

Make that 9!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Make that 9!

they suck. they don't look excited at all. they play hard but don't look to be overly interested. it's so sad that one of the great teams in the history of the game has been turned into the unlovable losers. it makes me sick. they should have good baseball in pittsburgh. hell, they have one of the best looking stadiums in all of sports, give them a team that matchs. just once.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

Make that 9!

they suck. they don't look excited at all. they play hard but don't look to be overly interested. it's so sad that one of the great teams in the history of the game has been turned into the unlovable losers. it makes me sick. they should have good baseball in pittsburgh. hell, they have one of the best looking stadiums in all of sports, give them a team that matchs. just once.

It sure is depressing to watch a baseball game being played at that stadium. It lokos beautiful, but all you see is empty seats!

Sox gotta sweep these clowns.
  • Options
    beyond McCutchen and maybe Jones, they don't have much MLB talent on the team. Maybe Pedro helps. we'll see. and this Lincoln kid last night was the number 4 pick in his draft. #4 overall. and so far, 10 earned runs in 12 inings. nice 7.5 era. and dotel as the closer. good thing he only works once a week. he is so old and washed up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Can they get another win tonight?

Looking good.. I know its only the Cubs and Pittsburgh, but it's nice to be winning more often than not for a change..
  • Options
    you'd think after 17+ years of losing, they would figure it out. pathetic. just goes to show how bad the flubs really are.

pedro looks to have some big time power. he'll be gone in 5 years
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    We gotta sweep the Pirates. What a joke that team is. 6 fucking errors last night? Pathetic.
  • Options
    We gotta sweep the Pirates. What a joke that team is. 6 fucking errors last night? Pathetic.

it's painful to watch them. 6 errors and 5 hits. yeah baby.

was it me, or did it look like they were pitching around Pedro
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

it's painful to watch them. 6 errors and 5 hits. yeah baby.

was it me, or did it look like they were pitching around Pedro

More errors than hits....that's like a little league game.

Didn't get to see much of the game last night, but I doubt they were pitching around a guy making his MLB debut.
  • Options
    i picked up Mark for my fantasy team, which means he will throw a clunker.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Creeping back up.. another win, only 6.5 games back now.. it would be nice to be with in 5 games of first place before the all-star break.
  • Options
    Creeping back up.. another win, only 6.5 games back now.. it would be nice to be with in 5 games of first place before the all-star break.

Yep, I like what I've been seeing from this team lately.

I'm headin to DC this weekend to catch games tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully I can bring the Sox some luck. I'm 4-0 in the last 4 road games I have been to.
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    If this team can get up to .500 at the allstar break. It would be one of the best comebacks from this club for the start they had in a long time.
  • Options
    don't get too excited. in the month of june they have lost sereis to texas (winning % .576) and cleveland (.385) and beat the tigers (.554) , cubs (.455), & pirates (.348).

so they've beat one of the worst teams in baseball, anouther bad team from the northside and than have a quality win of the tigers.

in the loss column, they have tx and cleveland (for the like the 3rd loss series to the inidans this year)

the nats are up next with there .463 record.

i wouldn't get to excited just yet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    I've always been a big Nellie Fox (RIP) fan. Oh wait, that was 1959.
    Hold On
  • Options
    Another Sox win and Twins loss today.. 5.5 back..
  • Options
    Strasburg who??? :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe the Sox were too distracted by hockey? Anyone notice the winning began when hockey ended? :lol: