The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    starlin-castro.jpg

I dont remember was he yanked by quade for this?..If im the manager hes getting a mouth full in the dugout and a few days off after that.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wma31394 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    starlin-castro.jpg

I dont remember was he yanked by quade for this?..If im the manager hes getting a mouth full in the dugout and a few days off after that.

if memory serves...quade didn't see it happen..so he wasn't yanked....but he did miss a game or two after quade heard about it from teh reporters

edit...memory still works

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 2/31472450
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    starlin-castro.jpg

if memory serves...quade didn't see it happen..so he wasn't yanked....but he did miss a game or two after quade heard about it from teh reporters

edit...memory still works

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 2/31472450

If only Quade would have benched our piece of shit LF after his blunders. Hope Sveum puts Alf on a short leash.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    If only Quade would have benched our piece of shit LF after his blunders. Hope Sveum puts Alf on a short leash.

i was at the Philly Halladay steam box game last year. I went with this gal that knew baseball, but didn't know a ton about the cubs team. We are sitting down the 3rd base line, sec 108 i think. So were talking, and i tell her watch for Errors from the left side of the defense.

So midway thru the game Philly hips a shallow fly down the left field line...in comes soriano and right in front of, drops the ball. i can still see it happening...boink. i just started lauging. highlight of the night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

i was at the Philly Halladay steam box game last year. I went with this gal that knew baseball, but didn't know a ton about the cubs team. We are sitting down the 3rd base line, sec 108 i think. So were talking, and i tell her watch for Errors from the left side of the defense.

So midway thru the game Philly hips a shallow fly down the left field line...in comes soriano and right in front of, drops the ball. i can still see it happening...boink. i just started lauging. highlight of the night.

He probably looked at his glove afterwards..then looked at the sky..then flipped his shades up and down numerous times..while doing all this he probably spit about 20 times. Seen this scenario many times.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    81 wrote:

He probably looked at his glove afterwards..then looked at the sky..then flipped his shades up and down numerous times..while doing all this he probably spit about 20 times. Seen this scenario many times.

:lol:

no need for shades...it was a night game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    soooo

what's the dealio with the courts and your SS?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    At least Pearl JAM is playing in your stadium :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    He probably looked at his glove afterwards..then looked at the sky..then flipped his shades up and down numerous times..while doing all this he probably spit about 20 times. Seen this scenario many times.[/quote]

Don't forget that he probably struck out AT LEAST twice, on 4 pitch or less at bats cause he STILL doesn't get that with 2 strikes he will be getting a low and away breaking ball well out of the strike zone but away he will wiff. WORST free agent signing in MLB history.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Don't forget that he probably struck out AT LEAST twice, on 4 pitch or less at bats cause he STILL doesn't get that with 2 strikes he will be getting a low and away breaking ball well out of the strike zone but away he will wiff. WORST free agent signing in MLB history.
  • pureoc wrote:

It's unreal that at this point in Soriano's career, he still can't lay off that pitch low and away in the dirt with 2 strikes. Him playing the field is a real circus act. I don't know about worst signing ever, but it's gotta be in the top 5. Cubs are eventually going to have do with him what they did with Zambrano....trade him away and eat a majority of his salary.
    pureoc wrote:

It's unreal that at this point in Soriano's career, he still can't lay off that pitch low and away in the dirt with 2 strikes. Him playing the field is a real circus act. I don't know about worst signing ever, but it's gotta be in the top 5. Cubs are eventually going to have do with him what they did with Zambrano....trade him away and eat a majority of his salary.

If they did that and paid the entire salary I'd be happier than I would with him playing for us.
    pureoc wrote:

he went 0-4 with a K on 11 pitches

1st at bat, popped weakly to 3rd on an 0-1 pitch to lead off the 2nd
    in the 3rd, he flew out to deep center on a 1-2 pitch with runners on 1 and 2 with 2 outs
    in the bottom of the 5th, he grounded out to 2nd on the first pitch with runners on 1 and 2 with 2 outs.
    and finally in the 7th, he struck out looking on a 1-2 pitch, with a runner at 2nd, no outs.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 7180.shtml

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

in the 3rd, he flew out to deep center on a 1-2 pitch with runners on 1 and 2 with 2 outs
    in the bottom of the 5th, he grounded out to 2nd on the first pitch with runners on 1 and 2 with 2 outs.
    and finally in the 7th, he struck out looking on a 1-2 pitch, with a runner at 2nd, no outs.

geez I could do that, and for 10% of the salary!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

So in the 3rd he stood and watched what he thought was a HR like the dumb lazy piece of shit he is?
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

So in the 3rd he stood and watched what he thought was a HR like the dumb lazy piece of shit he is?

i don't remember...it's amazing anything got close to the wall with the weather that night. holy steam bucket
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    6 game ticket packs go on sale next thursday....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    81 wrote:
    6 game ticket packs go on sale next thursday....

6 L's? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 81 wrote:

seems like they should have done it this year and gotten it over with. I'm all for it, but only if we're sure to suck that year. like this year.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    81 wrote:

seems like they should have done it this year and gotten it over with. I'm all for it, but only if we're sure to suck that year. like this year.

pretty sure they will suck next year too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

pretty sure they will suck next year too. :lol:

true.

did you guys see the White Sox signed Fuckyoudoomee? haha what idiots!!!

oh, but wait, they paid him ONE million dollars. Our glorious Cubbies paid him.... FORTY-EIGHT million dollars... oh, shit.

:lol::D:):| :? :( :oops: :cry: :evil:

oh, but wait, they paid him ONE million dollars. Our glorious Cubbies paid him.... FORTY-EIGHT million dollars... oh, shit.

he's not an all star, but he does have a solid glove, and has a decent OBP for his career.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

he's not an all star, but he does have a solid glove, and has a decent OBP for his career.

right... but not worth 48 million, right?

he's a good "first off the bench" guy at any of the OF positions. Maybe a starter if you have plenty of offense at your other OF positions.
  • I wish they would just tear down Wrigley Field...
    Demolish that 100 year old eye sore....

And build a new stadium.....

Fuck renovations...
    Fuck the Ivy...
    Fuck the "Landmark Status"

Just tear that fucker down....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    81 wrote:

right... but not worth 48 million, right?

he's a good "first off the bench" guy at any of the OF positions. Maybe a starter if you have plenty of offense at your other OF positions.

cubs bought into the suzuki syndrome....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I wish they would just tear down Wrigley Field...

Fuck renovations...
    Fuck the Ivy...

just leave the trough
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I wish they would just tear down Wrigley Field...

Fuck renovations...
    Fuck the Ivy...

just leave the trough
    Im so sick of hearing....

How you cant tear down Wrigley.....

What would be so fucking hard about tearing it down....
    And building something modern in the exact same spot.........

I went to St. Louis last summer....
    And that new ball park is fucking GORGEOUS!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    there is something to be said for a classic old school throw back stadium.

if anything...leave the interior brick wall, leave the score board, leave the bleachers...tear down the rest and build a stadium around the field
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    While there are certain things about Wrigley that are annoying, I really love the old-schoolness of it.
    I love going to a game and just watching the game for what it is. I don't need to be constantly entertained by blasting music, a jumbotron, or whatever else modern stadiums have. I came to watch and enjoy baseball.

I actually prefer watching the Cubs in spring training here...when it means nothing, more than I do watching them play the D-Backs in the regular season. The spring training fields have that old school vibe to them. Simply...baseball. I go to Chase Field during the season and while I love baseball in any form...it is borderline annoying.
This discussion has been closed.