The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i've not been this excited about a cubs game ever.

Can't wait to see halladay monday night.

tickets, tickets, anybody need tickets. :P

Ha. I'm actually going on Tuesday night....don't ask me why. Free tickets in really good seats and at least I'll get to see the Phillies play. I was hoping to see Halladay...I gotta figure out who is starting for the Phils on Tuesday.

how was the weather for tuesdays game. :lol: Len and Bob kept saying how much cooler it was tuesday vs. monday.

It actually wasn't too bad. Once the sun went down, there was a nice little breeze. Plus, it was $3 beer night so I had a good time with that.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    The Phillies announcers repeatedly said that throughout the evening as well.

I went to bed, and woke up this morning to a very surprising victory. :D

NEVER be surprised when your team beats the Cubs. Never...

They sure did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, didn't they?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    $3 beer night, I knew always wanted to go to Wrigley :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    The Phillies announcers repeatedly said that throughout the evening as well.

I went to bed, and woke up this morning to a very surprising victory. :D

NEVER be surprised when your team beats the Cubs. Never...

They sure did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, didn't they?

That was the headline about last nights Yanks game on one of the sites I read.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

3 bucks ain't bad for stadium pricing. normally the beer vendors are at $7 for a 16oz. San Fran is expensive at $9.25 and you have to get up to get it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

3 bucks ain't bad for stadium pricing. normally the beer vendors are at $7 for a 16oz. San Fran is expensive at $9.25 and you have to get up to get it.

The average at Citizen's Bank Park is $7.50, depending on the type of beer and the type of container. Those bud/bud light aluminum cans are pricier I think.

So San Fran has no vendors walking through the stands?
    So San Fran has no vendors walking through the stands?

that had vendors, but no beer vendors. i was in the upper deck, so maybe that was the issue. :?: or maybe cause it's a sunday. :?:

i don't recall seeing any vendors in oakland. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I honestly can't understand how those people do it anyway, running up and down those cement steps, I would die.

If I had to be a vendor, I would be the cotton candy vendor :lol:
    I honestly can't understand how those people do it anyway, running up and down those cement steps, I would die.

your sales would suck at wrigley.

there are a couple of wrigley that carry two cases of beer at a time. they go pretty fast. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

there are a couple of wrigley that carry two cases of beer at a time. they go pretty fast. :lol:

Yeah, and people get mad when they see some guy selling cotton candy when he could be selling beer instead!!! I know I do! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah, and people get mad when they see some guy selling cotton candy when he could be selling beer instead!!! I know I do! :lol:

:lol:

fuck, here comes the foam bear hand guy....fucker, go get me a beer. :lol:

even worse is when the beer guy come by empty. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this team is bad. not just bad, but bad.

really. they are bad. worst than 06 bad.

on the upside, the E was on the right side of the field today. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Yeah, to me the whole idea of the vedors in the stands is for the "Shit, I just ran out of something and I don't want to miss the game to get another". I just can't see that happening with the foam hand. 7th inning, close game...you look over and see the foam hand guy and all of a sudden need to have one! :lol:

On days like this, I think they should have a koosie guy. A koosie that would hold one of those plastic cups of beer. They could market them as Official Bleacher Koosies. They'd make a fortune!!! Hell, I'd buy one from the koosie guy!
    I've had a couple experiences of being glad I didn't drive on a hot summer day in Chicago. You buy the overpriced beer, suck it down because a) it's 100 degrees out and b) you don't want to drink warm beer. End up putting back more than you intended. I think the koosies would certainly help!
    81 wrote:
    this team is bad. not just bad, but bad.

really. they are bad. worst than 06 bad.

on the upside, the E was on the right side of the field today. :?

Yep. Terrible!
    I have a MLB.TV subscription so I can watch all the Cubs games whenever I want. Worst money I've ever spent!!!!
    Fuckin' Cubs!

Ugh...I hope there is football this year so my anger can continue on well through the fall... :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah, to me the whole idea of the vedors in the stands is for the "Shit, I just ran out of something and I don't want to miss the game to get another". I just can't see that happening with the foam hand. 7th inning, close game...you look over and see the foam hand guy and all of a sudden need to have one! :lol:

On days like this, I think they should have a koosie guy. A koosie that would hold one of those plastic cups of beer. They could market them as Official Bleacher Koosies. They'd make a fortune!!! Hell, I'd buy one from the koosie guy!
    I've had a couple experiences of being glad I didn't drive on a hot summer day in Chicago. You buy the overpriced beer, suck it down because a) it's 100 degrees out and b) you don't want to drink warm beer. End up putting back more than you intended. I think the koosies would certainly help!

:lol: excellent points all around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    3 in a row! Never thought I'd see that this season... :? :x :lol:

New Rule:
    They have to stop playing that "Go Cubs go" song after every win at Wrigley.
    First of all, the song is terrible. Secondly, they should not play any song like that unless the team is over .500. Thirdly, this is still a terrible team.

Fuck!
    3 in a row disapoints me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Hey, this could be an M's thread just as easy....

At least your team didn't set a new losing streak record like my team did today. 15 consecutive losses for the 2011 M's, one more loss than the 1992 M's had consecutively. :roll:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Even the Cubs aren't that bad. :lol:

I read an article the other day that said the M's should still blame Bradley
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    81 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Even the Cubs aren't that bad. :lol:

I read an article the other day that said the M's should still blame Bradley
    I was thinking the Cubs were probably still doing that though. The Mariners never thought he would single handedly fix our team like the Cubs thought. :lol::lol:

And, I wouldn't go saying the outlandish quite yet; M's are a disastrous 15 games under .500. But, the Cubbies, not to be out beaten, are 18 games under! I think the goal in the under .500 game is to have the smallest number. So, the Cubs are actually worse than the Mariners, if you could believe that was possible. :lol:
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Guess we finally get a website now since we got 3 W's in a row.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Guess we finally get a website now since we got 3 W's in a row.

:?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    81 wrote:

exactly.

on the bright side, Aramis has been hitting the ball well and might actually be worth something on the market. Let's just fill up the farm system, boys. We aren't winning anytime soon so let's build a base around Castro and Marmol.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    81 wrote:

exactly.

on the bright side, Aramis has been hitting the ball well and might actually be worth something on the market. Let's just fill up the farm system, boys. We aren't winning anytime soon so let's build a base around Castro and Marmol.

aram doesn't want to be traded and has indicated he won't be leaving the cubs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

exactly.

aram doesn't want to be traded and has indicated he won't be leaving the cubs.

really? I thought the Cubs had the option for next year?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    really? I thought the Cubs had the option for next year?

next year is a different story. but at this point, he has said he doesn't want to be traded and would use his no trade rights to veto a deal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Hadn't watched this team much and tonight was my first game in person since May, and yup, this team is as shitty as advertised!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Build a team around a no fielding ss and closer that can't close. Brilliant :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,233
    looks like a certain outfielder from the Pacific Rim is heading to Cleveland.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    looks like a certain outfielder from the Pacific Rim is heading to Cleveland.

he's a decent player.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.