The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    im just giving you shit...i think he has a ton of potential to cost them a WS when he throws the ball into the stands.

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Davidtrios wrote:
    im just giving you shit...i think he has a ton of potential.

Adam Dunn has potential too...
    Potential to be the WORST free agent signing in the history of professional sports....

Worst signing since...ummmmm

Peavy???

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Davidtrios wrote:
    im just giving you shit...i think he has a ton of potential.

Adam Dunn has potential too...
    Potential to be the WORST free agent signing in the history of professional sports....

Worst signing since...ummmmm

Zambrano???

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

:P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The 81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    im just giving you shit...i think he has a ton of potential to cost them a WS when he throws the ball into the stands.

:P

...and ya, Dunn has taken my nickname from rios....the rally killer part 2
    Dunn is painful to watch.

if he's not swinging at a bad pitch, he's not swining at good pitch to hit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So what is Dunn's problem??

Too old? Or rather has gotten real old real quick....
    Too fat? Face it the guy is out of shape....
    Sox hitting coach have him all fucked up?
    League change??

What is this guys problem??

Cuz face it Sox fans, its almost July 1st, and this guy is hitting .190? What you see is what you get.
    This guy will be LUCKY to hit 20-25 dingers this year. And there is a good chance he wont hit .200.....
    he's hitting 175 thru yesterday. pathetic.

i'm not a hitting coach, but it seems like his mind isn't right. he watchs hittable pitchs land in the catchers glove and wiffs at bad pitchs.

he's changed his pre pitch stance a little. early in the season he would hold the bat so it was nearly verticle behind his back. it's now much more level before he gets into his hitting motion. i still think it's all in the head

ozzy sat him for a couple of games, played him at first, but it might be time to give him a week off.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    The 81 wrote:
    he's hitting 175 thru yesterday. pathetic.

i'm not a hitting coach, but it seems like his mind isn't right. he watchs hittable pitchs land in the catchers glove and wiffs at bad pitchs.

he's changed his pre pitch stance a little. early in the season he would hold the bat so it was nearly verticle behind his back. it's now much more level before he gets into his hitting motion. i still think it's all in the head

ozzy sat him for a couple of games, played him at first, but it might be time to give him a week off.

Didn't he have a much more open stance before? It seems like his right shoulder is too far in/closed for a predominantly pull hitter.
    But yeah, I do think 95% of it is in his head. That's got to be tough to not only have the worst slump of your career, but to hear it from the fans as well. Oh well...all part of the game.
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    how many times has adam dunn registered four or more official AB's in a game this season without striking out? -- zero. amazing.

how many times has adam dunn registered three or more official AB's in a game this season without striking out? -- three.

dude's on pace to have 82 hits and 197 strikeouts.

i don't think a player has ever come close to having less than 100 hits and more than 200 strikeouts in a season. crazy.
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    NoCode416 wrote:
    how many times has adam dunn registered four or more official AB's in a game this season without striking out? -- zero. amazing.

how many times has adam dunn registered three or more official AB's in a game this season without striking out? -- three.

dude's on pace to have 82 hits and 197 strikeouts.

i don't think a player has ever come close to having less than 100 hits and more than 200 strikeouts in a season. crazy.

that said, i was hoping the cubs would sign him this past offseason and put him at first base.

if prince and pujols cost too much, i would be a proponent for the cubs buying low -- very low -- on dunn this offseason... maybe the sox would be willing to eat a shit ton of his contract.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    that said, i was hoping the cubs would sign him this past offseason and put him at first base.

if prince and pujols cost too much, i would be a proponent for the cubs buying low -- very low -- on dunn this offseason... maybe the sox would be willing to eat a shit ton of his contract.

While Pena is certainly not the answer at first for the Cubs, after this year, I'm sure they could sign him for a much, much smaller 1-2 yr contract. While he is hitting the ball better of late, he's also old and will likely never hit higher than .260 ever again or have more than 30 HRs. That and it doesn't hurt having a gold glover playing first with a guy like Castro at short. He's single-handedly saved 15-20 throwing errors this year from Castro alone...that doesn't even include Aramis' wild arm this year either.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    The Cubs may not be worth the time of day....

but what the fuck is going on with my beloved Astros? :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

somebody forgot to tell them spring training is over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Oh, and for as much as I'd like to see a guy like Fielder or Poo-holes playing first next year, I really don't see it happening. Either one is going to require a HUGE contract, and the Cub's hands are really tied for the next 2 years.

If they Cubs can't start stringing together some wins, they really need to get rid of Zambrano (should have 3-4 years ago IMO). Does anyone know how much longer Aram has left on his contract? I like Aram, but his numbers are down and he could still fetch some talent.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    The 81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

somebody forgot to tell them spring training is over.

:lol::lol:
    sad...but oh-so-true. they have some good young talent, though. maybe they'll actually compete in 2-3 years. i miss the Killer B's.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mca47 wrote:
    Oh, and for as much as I'd like to see a guy like Fielder or Poo-holes playing first next year, I really don't see it happening. Either one is going to require a HUGE contract, and the Cub's hands are really tied for the next 2 years.

If they Cubs can't start stringing together some wins, they really need to get rid of Zambrano (should have 3-4 years ago IMO). Does anyone know how much longer Aram has left on his contract? I like Aram, but his numbers are down and he could still fetch some talent.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

looks like aram and the cubs have a mutal option for next season....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    The 81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... utput=html

looks like aram and the cubs have a mutal option for next season....

I thought that it was just a club option for Ramirez. Could be wrong.....and since I'm a Sox fan, I really don't give a shit. Although I'm sure Cubs fans are sick of his lazy ass. Is it possible for his effort to be any lower?
    Ramirez, 32, is in the final year of a five-year, $75MM deal. The Cubs hold an option on Ramirez in 2012 for $16MM, though roughly two weeks ago SI's Jon Heyman wrote that the club doesn't plan on exercising it. If the club doesn't exercise the option they will instead pay Ramirez a $2MM buyout.

here it is...cubs have the option
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    E16
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    E4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pena is looking good...will they resign him?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    They should have never signed him.10m for a one year deal on a team everyone knew was going to stink
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Davidtrios wrote:

Hopefully they can trade him and get some prospects. If not, no way in hell should they resign him.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    i cant believe im saying this, but i wanna go to the cubs game this thurs

not only is it cain/zambrano but ed will be singing...

http://www.wgntv.com/blogs/lenandbob/wg ... 8296.story

anyone know which seats are best to get a close up view of the booth?

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-cubs-tic ... 1-1005105/
    The 81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    They should have never signed him.10m for a one year deal on a team everyone knew was going to stink

Agreed. While I think Pena is a decent player (his best years are waaaay behind him), there is no way he's worth $10 mil/year. At this point, if he's willing to play for say $2.5...then I would have no problem keeping him around. I really hope they don't go after Fielder or Poo-holes either.
    With the same team plus Fielder or Poo-holes, they may win a couple more games in a year. A couple games doesn't amount to much if you are 12 games under .500.

As far as I'm concerned, the only player on the Cubs that is "un-touchable" at this point is Castro. The team is too heavily relied on old, overpayed, and underperforming vets.
    Soriano - old, terrible defender, under performing, and one of the most expensive contracts in baseball.
    Rammy - older, ok-at-best fielder, waaaay under performing, expensive!
    Pena - old as shit, will never hit .260 again, good fielder, but is making almost 10x what he should.
    Zambrano - should have been traded years ago. Expensive.

Other guys who aren't necessarily "un-touchable" but are solid players for the money:
    Byrd
    Wood
    Johnson

And while Fukudome is having a solid season, I wouldn't have a problem with them using him as trade bait for some younger talent.
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    Pena is AWESOME!!! (as long as he's facing a right-hand pitcher)

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    vs. Left 35 60 8 6 1 0 2 5 10 27 0 0 .100 .225 .217 .442
    vs. Right 70 174 27 47 6 0 14 37 33 47 0 2 .270 .389 .546 .935

a guy that simply CANNOT hit a lefty isn't worth much in MLB.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    ughhhhh..............
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This thread is so much fun. I feel for you guys. I really do.

And I'm the idiot that took Marmol in my fantasy draft to get saves for a team that never has save opportunities.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Cubs would lose to the seals
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    This team is going to lose 100 games.....

Wow...
This discussion has been closed.