Options

A respectful message to the mods...

Comments

• Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Thats understandable, but at the same time.. how hard is it to type the following sentence and make it a sticky:

"At this time, we are uncertain about the availability of boots for the upcoming tour. More information will be provided as it becomes available".

Not like any of the 5 band members would even have to be the ones to type it.

Yes, of course you are correct, it's not hard to do at all. And maybe it would help. I am reminded though of another band fan club message board I was a part of where people often asked questions and the mods often wrote things like "Sorry, we have no information at this time." And what happened was people got sick of hearing the same response over and over and started complaining about the response. So maybe it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for the mods here. I'm sure they would tell us anything they could if they knew anything and/or had permission to do so from PJ or their management. But if alls quiet from the band, they're kinda stuck.

When you think about it, the mod's silence is pretty much equivalent to "At this time, we are uncertain about the availability of boots for the upcoming tour. More information will be provided as it becomes available". It's pretty safe to say that would be their response if they don't offer up any response at all.
    Sam
  • Options

A simple liaison between the band and the fans can help a lot of situations.

PBM

Agreed. I hope that happens in time for the next album at least.
    Sam
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840

A simple liaison between the band and the fans can help a lot of situations.

PBM

Isn't that Rubysdad's job? Can't say we get a lot of information from him. If he's the 10c "President" shouldn't he be constantly trying to get us info when possible? If not, maybe we need to elect a new President.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    It's been my experience that Mods x 2 have become more stern and less playful and fun.

Maybe they're jaded.

Some days, I don't blame them.

But, Rumor Pits were nice and we've lost some very intelligent and thought-provoking folks over the past few years.

In the words of Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone Ritchie: "This used to be my playground..." ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Isn't that Rubysdad's job? Can't say we get a lot of information from him. If he's the 10c "President" shouldn't he be constantly trying to get us info when possible? If not, maybe we need to elect a new President.

I would think that Tim would be the liaison, but I don't know what his day-to-day duties are.

Again, there was a noticeable time when things started to change.

We all have to tow the company line and it's possible he has to do the same.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    copycat....... ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=285173

there's rules for everything. members should know the rules.
    i'm a mod on a chat board and even thou the rules are posted i post a reason....then lock the thread.
    but that's just lil ol me.

what about the pj motto, givemesometruth? i for one am not trying to boss them around but still i want to make sense of their decisions. i guess that's wrong thou and we are supposed to be blind sheep.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Pearl Jam, like W, doesn't care about black people.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    We can just enjoy what we have and take this whole thing a little easier, as if we are talking about a rock band... Hey, we are talking about a rock band! there are other issues in life to be taken so seriously... Relax and enjoy the shows.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    The computer did the capitalizing not me.

smells of 2001 space odyssey, DAISY DAISY
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I asked 10c to make me a sandwich. Alas, I never received it.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,191
    einatshaul wrote:
    We can just enjoy what we have and take this whole thing a little easier, as if we are talking about a rock band... Hey, we are talking about a rock band! there are other issues in life to be taken so seriously... Relax and enjoy the shows.

or just show.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,191
    Danimal wrote:
    I asked 10c to make me a sandwich. Alas, I never received it.

if 10C had a sandwhich, what would it be called?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    einatshaul wrote:

Exactly. I beg for everyone to excuse my cynicism, but some folks sound a bit like an insecure middle school kid who is waiting by the phone to get a call from the girl/boy they like, and the more time passes, the more surly they get.....its a fan club people! Sure it would be nice, but Pearl Jam playing 75 shows a year would be nice too!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    honestly i dont think ten club cares about us other than our money. i think the band appreciates us but thats it. ive emailed tenclub many times. only twice did i get a response to something that wasnt money related.

i know the fanbase is a bit bigger here. but with the yyy's myspace you can message them and get a response, and i think nick does all that. never got a response from whoever runs pj's myspace. i know no one from the band runs it, but still.

it would be nice if there was some kinda connection between fans and the band. the rumor pit was cool and kinda served that purpose.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    it would be nice if there was some kinda connection between fans and the band.

there used to be. fans used to be the number one priority. I still believe that decisions to remove videos like SPR are not the band's. the email threatening legal action...certainly NOT the band.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    there used to be. fans used to be the number one priority. I still believe that decisions to remove videos like SPR are not the band's. the email threatening legal action...certainly NOT the band.

ok that's fine
    but still as someone said before
    one of the guys could make an effort and type up a message or blog every once in a blue moon.
    seems like they used to have more of a connection from what people are saying.

:)
    let me shut up.
    i'm starting to whine.

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    I asked 10c to make me a sandwich.

"POOF! You're a sandwich!"
    Sam
  • Options

I don't know....it would definitely be a club sandwich though. Bacon, lettuce, tomato...double decker, ya know?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    samnation wrote:

Eat me.

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    samnation wrote:

hahaha
  • Options
    club sandwich with jam on the side!

*gross!* i know.

• Options
    ok that's fine
    but still as someone said before
    one of the guys could make an effort and type up a message or blog every once in a blue moon.
    seems like they used to have more of a connection from what people are saying.

:)
    let me shut up.
    i'm starting to whine.

I definitely agree. But I'm starting to lose interest in this band because of all this garbage and trying to bully the fans. Again, I dont think its the band calling the shots, but it scares me that they have no idea how their fans are being treated. threatening legal action? really??? never thought I'd see the day.
    -

• Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    Again, I dont think its the band calling the shots, but it scares me that they have no idea how their fans are being treated. threatening legal action? really??? never thought I'd see the day.

exactlly.
    i've been a fan since 92. and for one reason that pj was so kickass about sharing stuff...they seemed so opened minded. that's why i posted my thread/question. what the fuck changed? i understand the whole Entertainment Weekly paid for pics. but look.......once their on the net it's useless stopping it. EW put them online on their site. but i guess i get it if ed asked fans not to take pics, as fans we should respect that. but gesh, once it's on the net IT IS on the net.

guess they're busy with their families.......that's cool.

• Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    You guys are out of your mind. I've been in the 10c for quite a few years, every time I have emailed with a question of substance I've gotten a quick reply, always courteous, and any time I've had any issue at all its always been put to bed very quickly. That said, my issues are more like "I forgot to send my dues in, is there a 30 day grace period" not "WTF? Why am I banned for calling so and so a fag??"

To say the band didn't care about their fans (as much) might have been true circa 1991-92 when they became hugely famous, like, immediately and didn't know how to reconcile such a thing, but to say that now is really not true at all. After July 2000, things really changed & I think it really dawned on them exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice to see the band.
    I have a picture of one of them on my fridge with his arm around my sister. I took it. He said I could take it & he had a nice little chat with my sister. Once I said to another member of the band, "thanks for the music, it's all been very important." And he too seemed genuinely grateful. That never would've happened 15 years ago.
    I'm in the industry- and whenever I strike up a conversation about PJ, someone always says they are much softer now, much more appreciative of the fans.

I don't agree with the posters who say the band doesn't owe us anything. That isn't really true, after all. They are not a start up, they are a corporation, and we are their venture capitalists. As long as we (the fans) continue to support them, they do owe us some return on the investment. A professional return, not the right to peek into some window that they would rather keep closed.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    That said, my issues are more like "I forgot to send my dues in, is there a 30 day grace period" not "WTF? Why am I banned for calling so and so a fag??"

Hilarious
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    All i'm asking for is NEWS every once in a while.

cool, knock yourself out. as long as you realize you might not get an answer.

why does everyone get soooo bunched up over this? I would LOVE for this to be on the list of my biggest problems!
  • Options

the "reenk roink"
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    You guys are out of your mind. I've been in the 10c for quite a few years, every time I have emailed with a question of substance I've gotten a quick reply, always courteous, and any time I've had any issue at all its always been put to bed very quickly.

really?

i'm about to email them about something pretty important...

i'll all of you know how it goes...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    why does everyone get soooo bunched up over this? I would LOVE for this to be on the list of my biggest problems!

its just sad. many of the fans grew up with the band. i can honestly say i would be a different person today if it wasnt for this band. i have learned a lot from them and their music, and it was during my formative years of 14-28, and still today.

are they the most important thing in my life? no.

do they and the music mean a lot to me? yes.

is the new corporate attitude (threatening legal action), which goes against everything the band has stood for for the past 16 years, ruining the relationship? definitely.
    -

• Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    You guys are out of your mind. I've been in the 10c for quite a few years, every time I have emailed with a question of substance I've gotten a quick reply, always courteous, and any time I've had any issue at all its always been put to bed very quickly. That said, my issues are more like "I forgot to send my dues in, is there a 30 day grace period" not "WTF? Why am I banned for calling so and so a fag??"

To say the band didn't care about their fans (as much) might have been true circa 1991-92 when they became hugely famous, like, immediately and didn't know how to reconcile such a thing, but to say that now is really not true at all. After July 2000, things really changed & I think it really dawned on them exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice to see the band.
    I have a picture of one of them on my fridge with his arm around my sister. I took it. He said I could take it & he had a nice little chat with my sister. Once I said to another member of the band, "thanks for the music, it's all been very important." And he too seemed genuinely grateful. That never would've happened 15 years ago.
    I'm in the industry- and whenever I strike up a conversation about PJ, someone always says they are much softer now, much more appreciative of the fans.

I don't agree with the posters who say the band doesn't owe us anything. That isn't really true, after all. They are not a start up, they are a corporation, and we are their venture capitalists. As long as we (the fans) continue to support them, they do owe us some return on the investment. A professional return, not the right to peek into some window that they would rather keep closed.

Best post in the thread.....I think both on a personal level and on a professional level, Pearl Jam is way above average in their openness, reciprocity and respect for fans.....
    I hold the pain, release me!