Options

A respectful message to the mods...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    lowlight10 wrote:
    its just sad. many of the fans grew up with the band. i can honestly say i would be a different person today if it wasnt for this band. i have learned a lot from them and their music, and it was during my formative years of 14-28, and still today.

are they the most important thing in my life? no.

do they and the music mean a lot to me? yes.

is the new, nazi, corporate attitude, which goes against everything the band has stood for for the past 16 years, ruining the relationship? definitely.

"nazi, corporate attitude?" now if I were a mod, this would command my attention....
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    zootown wrote:
    now if I were a mod, this would command my attention....

edited, but i'm sure its too late if i violated their "rules"
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    zootown wrote:
    "nazi, corporate attitude?" now if I were a mod, this would command my attention....

Let's go with this example...how would you address it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

PBM

it's just a colorful phrase...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    drummer96drummer96 Posts: 25
    heres my two cents on the original thread by andy: you did this in a very respectful, courteous way. dont let anybody on here try to tell you that you are wrong or disrespectful for doing this. while pearl jam is about the music more than 99 percent of other bands, ITS STILL A BUSINESS. and that business is funded by us, the fans. i personally respect all the decisions they make because ITS THEIR BUSINESS. ITS THEIR LIVLIHOOD. but also, we pay their paychecks. i dont think its a bad thing to make some simple requests of them, as long as its done with respect and courtesy. and im sure all of the band members would feel the same way if they were asked about it, seeing how they seem to be level headed, normal guys. for all of the idiots on here who seem to think the band dont "owe" its true fans a little something, and they could "care less what we think of them or their decisions", get a clue. they are all millionares because of their fans. and while i think they as a band treat their fans with a ton of respect and do what they can to keep us happy, there is nothing wrong with asking for some things some times.
  • Options

PBM
    Well, I honestly think being compared to a nazi in any real or implied way deserves a significant consequence- I mean whenever things digress to this point between posters, the mods usually lock the thread or at least post a warning....
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    the mods usually lock the thread or at least post a warning....

A stern warning or a "hey guys...you're going a little too far, let's cut it back" warning.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    a couple of lyrics come to mind...

"and freedom of speech is dangerous, i've even heard them say..."

"big guy, big eye watching me..."
    -

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    if 10C had a sandwhich, what would it be called?

The Ten Club - Chicken and Avocado club sandwich.
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    Well, I honestly think being compared to a nazi in any real or implied way deserves a significant consequence- I mean whenever things digress to this point between posters, the mods usually lock the thread or at least post a warning....

point taken. I disagree, but only i know my intention, and I did not mean it in a derogatory way, but should have been more sensitive in choosing my words.

if they want to ban me, they will. but I hope they dont close a thread where a lot of good points are being made.
    -

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    wow... read through the whole thread... really seems we've covered some ground...... ;)

to Jamilyman: i think your post was really thoughtfully written and i do think its an issue that needs to be addressed... i cant quite place whats different now vs. when i first got into the band... but there is a difference

that being said... nothing will ever change how i feel about this band or the impact they have had on my life over the years

we can only speculate as to how the time, efforts, and funds of the PJ company are being spent... but i for one believe and hope they are doing the best they can and all in our best interest

THANKS PJ and co. (but push your 100% to 110% if possible :D)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    lowlight10 wrote:
    but I hope they dont close a thread where a lot of good points are being made.

they will.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    point taken. I disagree, but only i know my intention, and I did not mean it in a derogatory way, but should have been more sensitive in choosing my words.

if they want to ban me, they will. but I hope they dont close a thread where a lot of good points are being made.

Im not saying they should lock it down, but there is no intention that could ever excuse trying to compare anything or anyone in a friggin fan club to the nazi party, c'mon.....
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    if they want to ban me, they will. but I hope they don't close a thread where a lot of good points are being made.

It was a poor word choice, but I think you were trying to get your point across. I don't think it should warrant closing a thread or a banning.

I'm not a big fan of bans or suspensions...selfishly because, as I've previously stated, we've lost a lot of great people around this board.

PBM

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Insults. Thank you, I guess.

When there is some news to pass along, it'll be passed along. Sometime it comes in waves and sometimes there's nary a ripple until things are happening again. We recently went through a very huge wave.

Patience is a good thing.
    Falling down,...not staying down