Options

A respectful message to the mods...

Comments

• Options
    kingboleteskingboletes Posts: 57
    The computer did the capitalizing not me.
  • Options
    ilanitilanit Posts: 3
    well put JM. that was a respectful request that i hope the mods take into consideration.
    i don't think you're complaining or whining, you're simply voicing an opinion, and isn't that what having a forum is all about, discussing the music and our opinions in a respectful manner?
    pancakes in a dream is a dream not pancakes.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

They are lucky we still buy the music they put out or else they wouldn't be living the life of rockstars.

If you didn't buy the music the band put out then someone else will....\

Just like I said in my last post only a small percentage of the Worldwide Pearl Jam fans post on this board and if you didn't buy the music it would only be your loss not the bands!!!

I meant we as in the public/fans. Not the message board.
  • Options
    What's up with capitalizing every single word....? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Never mind I just read your computer is retarded and capitalizes every word... does it pick the posts that it wasnt to capitalize the whole thing too?

Your comments were really obnoxious BTW.

does it pick the posts that it wasnt to capitalize the whole thing too?

OK???
  • Options
    I respect what you had to say Andy and thank you for voicing your opinion in an intelligent manner. I would also love to know why we couldn't watch the YouTube thing from the other day. I'm drunk and assuming you are referring to that.
    But, with that said, I wish people would just settle down, sit back and be thankful for how lucky they are that PJ is still making great music, memories, emotions and what ever else it is that gets your rocks off. Me personally, having something to look forward to for the last 17 years has enriched my life in so many ways.

Just imagine if you were a die hard fan of the pumkins, or Nirvana, or Soundgarden, or the Screaming Trees, or what ever. Or maybe you are a die hard fan of the San Francisco Giants, or the freaking San Diego Padres. You got nothing. Nothing to look forward to. Just old memories. Which are great, but the prospect of making new memories, just makes the old ones even better over time.

So let's just keep all of this in perspective and try to act like somebody is proud of you. Make that person proud, and let the Andys of the world express themselves.

Back to the vino and WP.
    Rockon
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options

Your comments were really obnoxious BTW.

THIS WHOLE POST IS OBNOXIOUS AND NOT WHAT THE BAND IS ABOUT!!

The band does not get the fans opinions before they do something.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    Thanks for posting. I had definitely been thinking about posting similar. I just dont get why it seems like everything has got so secretive. In response to another post on the board right now, it would be great to have the Rumor Pit back. At least than they would hint at some future happenings, answer some questions people had, or if there was nothing to say about an issue, they would say there was nothing to say.

I mean, it sort of sucks because in my case, its pretty much true, that Pearl Jam could stop caring about fans completely or ever doing anything special, and I would still probably buy the records and go to the shows as long as they didn't start sucking, so really, its not like I can make any threats and say if they don't change I'm moving on, and realistically, would the band really care that much about one person's opinion?

But I mean, it's not like people are fuming over some of this stuff, I think, like me, they are just confused and distraught. It just seemed like Pearl Jam had a really good thing going for a long time, and a really good relationship with their fans. Maybe its just the message board and YouTube that have screwed it up, but it definitely doesn't feel like it did back in 1998 or 2003, even on the message board.

Oh well...
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Why Don't You All Just Listen To The Music And Not Worry About What The Band Is Doing Because It Is Really None Of Your Business And You Are Owed Nothing Not Even The Music.....

Eddie/pearl Jam Could Give A Shit If You Never Saw Another Show Or Did Not Renew Your 10 Club Membership!!

When You Write Bitchy Posts On The Board It Just Makes You Look Weird.......

You Are Lucky That The Band Still Puts Out Music For You The Buy And If You Don't Buy The Music Nobody Is Going To Care Because There Are Enough People Out There That Will Buy It And Not Make A Single Post On This Board About What The Band Is Doing..

The Band Has Enough Things To Worry About And I Doubt They Ever Worry About The Fans That Think They Are Owed Something From The Band!!!

Peace.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, have another drink!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Thanks for posting. I had definitely been thinking about posting similar. I just dont get why it seems like everything has got so secretive. In response to another post on the board right now, it would be great to have the Rumor Pit back. At least than they would hint at some future happenings, answer some questions people had, or if there was nothing to say about an issue, they would say there was nothing to say.

I mean, it sort of sucks because in my case, its pretty much true, that Pearl Jam could stop caring about fans completely or ever doing anything special, and I would still probably buy the records and go to the shows as long as they didn't start sucking, so really, its not like I can make any threats and say if they don't change I'm moving on, and realistically, would the band really care that much about one person's opinion?

But I mean, it's not like people are fuming over some of this stuff, I think, like me, they are just confused and distraught. It just seemed like Pearl Jam had a really good thing going for a long time, and a really good relationship with their fans. Maybe its just the message board and YouTube that have screwed it up, but it definitely doesn't feel like it did back in 1998 or 2003, even on the message board.

Oh well...

the board around 2000/Binaural Tour was frickin awesome...

the Mike McCready thread...

the 'meet the old boss, same as the new boss' thread...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    THIS WHOLE POST IS OBNOXIOUS AND NOT WHAT THE BAND IS ABOUT!!

The band does not get the fans opinions before they do something.

http://gameplay.com.ua/files/pics/slowpoke.jpg
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    Hi Kat, Sea, Santos, etc:

Please let me preface this by saying that I am writing this out of respect and do NOT want this to become a fire burning out of control. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone other than myself, so please understand that I am voicing my concerns only.

I have been a big fan of Pearl Jam since day one. I have spent countless dollars on merchandise ranging from the music, dvds, clothing, posters, Ten Club membership, etc. I consider myself to be a very active and regular customer of the Pearl Jam corporation. I have been a member of the Ten Club for only a few years, but my years of pumping money into the Pearl Jam business started shortly after Ten was released.

As a fan, I am not owed anything other than what I pay for. I am not owed an explanation of every move the band makes, every plan the band has, every reason they make a decision, etc. I totally get that and respect that.

Having said that, I will also say that while I am a fan, I am also a paying customer who chooses to make purchases based on a number of things. As Eddie sang during Lolla, screw BP. Why? Because they are making decisions that go against what many of us believe to be right. I have also heard him promote and discourage other purchases based on what he believed to be right or wrong. That is certainly his perogative and he knows that he infuences a lot of people.

We, as customers of Pearl Jam also can make a decision to support certain products, companies, etc., and that includes the Pearl Jam corporation. I am not saying that people should stop investing in something they hold dear... but I am asking you, as the customer facing voice of the business, to please treat us as customers that you appreciate and respect. What this means is that if there is a reason behind a decision that can be shared, you share it. If you are unable to share the reason behind a decision, that you have the courtesy to say something to that effect. "Eddie has stated that he does not want anyone taking pictures or recording his shows. His reasons are his own, and he asks that people please respect them."

Something as simple as that can derail a train heading down a very negative track very quickly (although not all of it, I am sure). Or, "Eddie does not want these shows taped because we are hoping to release a special DVD with some of the highlights, and Eddie wants people who were not there to see it with his artisitc vision, not a crappy cell phone recorded copy."

When people ask you direct questions, please have the courtesy to answer them in the best way you are able. So, when people ask "Will there be bootlegs of this coming tour?" a simple yes, no, we are in the works trying to make this happen, we have been asked by the band to not talk about this right now, etc. will give people enough info to chew on until an announcement can be made.

A sticky and/or news item stating "we have asked the people putting ___ video on youtube to take it down because of _____. We have deleted the thread about ______ because the band has made it clear that any mention of these topics be removed from the forum. There are ways to treat the fans as respected and appreciated customers, which will go a long way with many of us.

I personally sent you, Kat, a PM about the April Fools tour, and never got any sort of response. I felt put off, as I asked respectfully, did it in private without putting anyone on the spot, and waited patiently for a response. I have been very respectful on this forum, and I treat people with tremendous respect.

I ask that you, as a group, please be a little more open with info, even if that info is that you can't talk about it for whatever reason. While you are not obligated to do this, I would ask that you consider taking better care of the people that have taken care of the band and the entire Pearl Jam corporation.

Thank you for reading this - and considering my thoughts.

Andy

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....Get a freaking life!!
  • Options
    'Add kingboletes to Your Ignore List'...

don't mind if i do...

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    'Add kingboletes to Your Ignore List'...

don't mind if i do...

brilliant idea.
  • Options
    I am going to go put on my Soldier Field record and listen to that. Have fun arguing about nothing!!
  • Options
    BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....Get a freaking life!!

Okay, so you have obviously had a really bad day. And instead of making it worse, I will just hope your night gets better!!
  • Options
    I Never Post Replies On This Board And I Have Been A Fan Since The Beginning...

The Reason........

You Guys Are All Fucking Losers Who Sit In Front Of Your Computers All Freaking Day And Bitch About Everything Under The Sun!!!

Pearl Jam Could Care Less About You And Your 2000 Posts!!!

Big Fucking Deal 2000 Posts Wow!!!!

I Have Seen Well Over 100 Shows!!!\

So There!!!

Go Back To Be The Biggest Losers Pearl Jam Has Ever Known.
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    pjten77 wrote:
    leave the guy alone...he was voicing his opinion in a peaceful manner......something that is not done very often on here!!!

I agree, he was serious and respectful when exposed his thoughts. And he deserves one answer.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I Never Post Replies On This Board

You should do yourself and us a favor and keep it that way...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options

The Reason........

You Guys Are All Fucking Losers Who Sit In Front Of Your Computers All Freaking Day And Bitch About Everything Under The Sun!!!

So There!!!

I guess your computer is capitalizing every word for you again.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Or maybe you are a die hard fan of the San Francisco Giants .... You got nothing. Nothing to look forward to. Just old memories. Which are great, but the prospect of making new memories, just makes the old ones even better over time.

OMG hit a man when he's down! What about Lincecum! Cain! And uh...

oh crap, it's not gonna get better is it...
    but honestly, I'd still rather be (and am) a Giants season ticket holder than a Pearl Jam season ticket owner! The kids just whine and complain at concerts, sigh.

crap, i'm just lyin more and more to myself, huh?

Well, this is capitalism, private companies maximizing profits, protecting the brand, yada yada yada. Pearl Jam's "customer service" kicks some major butt ... most of the time. Open and honest communications seem to be the norm rather than the exception, but yeah, Eddie getting in tight with the movie industry doesn't bode well....

Can't blame him, opportunity knocks and what not. Love the music he's done for the movies, but as demonstrated at berk1, the fans don't really dig him all name-dropping this movie, that movie, yada yada yada. YAWN!

hehe, wierd, love the music, hate the industry
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    He was respectful and polite when he exposed his thoughts, hopefully everyone reading his thoughts will be respectful and polite whether they agree with them or not.
  • Options
    I guess your computer is capitalizing every word for you again.

nice!

unfortunately when you quoted king i could see his last post....so this is in reply to him:

no one cares that you "have been a fan since the beginning"

you are 'bitching' yourself

who said anything about Posts?

and Pearl Jam Doesn't Know Any Of Us...

sorry, something's up with my keyboard....

• Options
    You should do yourself and us a favor and keep it that way...

Please!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

The Reason........

So There!!!

I would've thought that someone who has seen over 100 shows would be older than ten years old. Who even says 'so there' anymore. Unless you're a little kid. For serious.

Anyways. I can remember how i spoke when i was ten, so maybe you can relate to this.

I am not your friend.
    I wasn't your friend first.
    AND
    I'm not listening. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    Hi Kat, Sea, Santos, etc:

Please let me preface this by saying that I am writing this out of respect and do NOT want this to become a fire burning out of control. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone other than myself, so please understand that I am voicing my concerns only.

I have been a big fan of Pearl Jam since day one. I have spent countless dollars on merchandise ranging from the music, dvds, clothing, posters, Ten Club membership, etc. I consider myself to be a very active and regular customer of the Pearl Jam corporation. I have been a member of the Ten Club for only a few years, but my years of pumping money into the Pearl Jam business started shortly after Ten was released.

As a fan, I am not owed anything other than what I pay for. I am not owed an explanation of every move the band makes, every plan the band has, every reason they make a decision, etc. I totally get that and respect that.

Having said that, I will also say that while I am a fan, I am also a paying customer who chooses to make purchases based on a number of things. As Eddie sang during Lolla, screw BP. Why? Because they are making decisions that go against what many of us believe to be right. I have also heard him promote and discourage other purchases based on what he believed to be right or wrong. That is certainly his perogative and he knows that he infuences a lot of people.

We, as customers of Pearl Jam also can make a decision to support certain products, companies, etc., and that includes the Pearl Jam corporation. I am not saying that people should stop investing in something they hold dear... but I am asking you, as the customer facing voice of the business, to please treat us as customers that you appreciate and respect. What this means is that if there is a reason behind a decision that can be shared, you share it. If you are unable to share the reason behind a decision, that you have the courtesy to say something to that effect. "Eddie has stated that he does not want anyone taking pictures or recording his shows. His reasons are his own, and he asks that people please respect them."

Something as simple as that can derail a train heading down a very negative track very quickly (although not all of it, I am sure). Or, "Eddie does not want these shows taped because we are hoping to release a special DVD with some of the highlights, and Eddie wants people who were not there to see it with his artisitc vision, not a crappy cell phone recorded copy."

When people ask you direct questions, please have the courtesy to answer them in the best way you are able. So, when people ask "Will there be bootlegs of this coming tour?" a simple yes, no, we are in the works trying to make this happen, we have been asked by the band to not talk about this right now, etc. will give people enough info to chew on until an announcement can be made.

A sticky and/or news item stating "we have asked the people putting ___ video on youtube to take it down because of _____. We have deleted the thread about ______ because the band has made it clear that any mention of these topics be removed from the forum. There are ways to treat the fans as respected and appreciated customers, which will go a long way with many of us.

I personally sent you, Kat, a PM about the April Fools tour, and never got any sort of response. I felt put off, as I asked respectfully, did it in private without putting anyone on the spot, and waited patiently for a response. I have been very respectful on this forum, and I treat people with tremendous respect.

I ask that you, as a group, please be a little more open with info, even if that info is that you can't talk about it for whatever reason. While you are not obligated to do this, I would ask that you consider taking better care of the people that have taken care of the band and the entire Pearl Jam corporation.

Thank you for reading this - and considering my thoughts.

Andy

I just wanted to get bact to the original thought, instead of arguing with kingshitforbrains, I agree with the original post and I hope you will let us know if you get a response.

One thing that I would like to share with you, considering all the media and articles comparing PJ to The Grateful Dead. One of the reasons that I love PJ so much is because of their extreme interaction with fans. I toured with the GD for many years and saw too many shows and not once did they actually speak any real thoughts to the crowd. After a while, it really pissed me off. So coming from that extreme, I do appreciate the amount of information I do get from the board, 10C and the band, etc. but I also agree with jamilyman(even though, I hate your name!)It seems like they could make things easier, but I guess that is life!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    andy--great, well-thought out letter. while i may not agree with all aspects, i think that common courtesy goes a long way...there's a way to say something that doesn't involve name-calling, bad language, etc...and you come across sounding smarter and more respectable than many others who have the same opinion...that is what gets noticed.

thanks!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Hey Andy...could you, uhhh...see if they'll play the South as well?

Thanks in advance Kat.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    Evolution6579Evolution6579 Posts: 624

So There!!!

This guy sounds very "elitist" to me. Just an observation.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    Why Don't You All Just Listen To The Music And Not Worry About What The Band Is Doing Because It Is Really None Of Your Business And You Are Owed Nothing Not Even The Music.....

Eddie/pearl Jam Could Give A Shit If You Never Saw Another Show Or Did Not Renew Your 10 Club Membership!!

When You Write Bitchy Posts On The Board It Just Makes You Look Weird.......

You Are Lucky That The Band Still Puts Out Music For You The Buy And If You Don't Buy The Music Nobody Is Going To Care Because There Are Enough People Out There That Will Buy It And Not Make A Single Post On This Board About What The Band Is Doing..

The Band Has Enough Things To Worry About And I Doubt They Ever Worry About The Fans That Think They Are Owed Something From The Band!!!

Peace.

I hate to speak out of discussion, but I think that is the first post I've ever seen where the first letter of every single word is capitalized....except 1 of them........pearl......hmmmmmm
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    I hate to speak out of discussion, but I think that is the first post I've ever seen where the first letter of every single word is capitalized....except 1 of them........pearl......hmmmmmm

Probably because it is after a slash, not a full space...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"