NFL playoffs....

Comments

• looks like the jet's and vikings are going to the super bowl

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl

Simmons Predicted the colts and saints.

Is there anyone out there that couldn't do this man's job. His record is 133-116-5. Who the fuck can't guess football matchups and be a little over 50% correct?

I can't believe he gets paid to do that. A monkey could throw shit and a poster with 2 helmets on it and be right most of the time. Football prognosticators are a waste of time and resources. Simmons is a douche.

This has nothing to do with that, but I'm a little tired of Chris Berman's voice (and his shitty commercials). Somewhere along the way he started believing he was Chris Berman. I can see Tom Jackson on camera thinking to himself "Goddamn, I hate white people...but at least I get a check. Look at this overdramatic fuck."

Okay, take care.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,629
    looks like the jet's and vikings are going to the super bowl

Is there anyone out there that couldn't do this man's job. His record is 133-116-5. Who the fuck can't guess football matchups and be a little over 50% correct?

for a full season, that is actually a pretty good record against the spread.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

I can't believe he gets paid to do that. A monkey could throw shit and a poster with 2 helmets on it and be right most of the time. Football prognosticators are a waste of time and resources. Simmons is a douche.

This has nothing to do with that, but I'm a little tired of Chris Berman's voice (and his shitty commercials). Somewhere along the way he started believing he was Chris Berman. I can see Tom Jackson on camera thinking to himself "Goddamn, I hate white people...but at least I get a check. Look at this overdramatic fuck."

Okay, take care.

bill simmons is a hack

chris berman is a douche

GO JETS!! :D
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

Okay, take care.

bill simmons is a hack

chris berman is a douche

GO JETS!! :D

oh no the judge like the jets :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646

for a full season, that is actually a pretty good record against the spread.

If he were just picking the winners, that record would blow. But I agree, against the spread, that's not bad.

But I also agree that Simmons is a lucky fuck. He gets to write about his favorite sports teams and mix in some pop culture references. His columns are just his own mindless banter. Must be nice...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    I've got to go for Old Man Favre. Its hard to care about much after the Cowboys are out, but Favre winning the Superbowl this year is definitely a movie script. Of the teams remaining, I only strongly dislike the Saints, they probably have the 2nd worst fans in the NFL next to Philly. LSU fans are horrible (not as bad as Eagles fans, but still) and I'm sure they have many common friends with the Saints. Because of the fans, the Eagles and Saints NEVER deserve a championship. Plus, Sean Payton should have been the Cowboys head coach, but Jerry fucked up on that one.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

the nfl/networks would hype a wet fart if they needed to ;)

Don't really care about football enough to watch it, but I came into this thread for shits and giggles and I'm glad I did.

:lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • there are a lot of Favre fans here where i live (where he lives in the offseason and went to school) but i dont know anyone here who is pulling for him over the Saints. he's already got one, and that Saints offense is just awesome to watch!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,629
    MrSmith wrote:
    there are a lot of Favre fans here where i live (where he lives in the offseason and went to school) but i dont know anyone here who is pulling for him over the Saints. he's already got one, and that Saints offense is just awesome to watch!

part of the reason i'm pulling for the vikes is for all those farve haters to eat their words, if they have not done so already.

the way i look at it is he was really annoying the way he waffled every year about retiring. nobody enjoyed the constant coverage by espn. but i can also see his side of it. he loves playing football. its all he knows. he thinks he can still play at a high level. he does not want to let go of it just yet....and, most importantly, there are teams that ALLOW him to drag his decision out. so if you want to blame someone, i say blame the teams that basically encouraged that kind of behaviour. as it turns out, farve was right: if healthy can still play at a high level and take a team deep into the playoffs and possibly the super bowl. i say good for him. go vikes. should be really really really fun to watch on sunday.
    www.myspace.com
  • MrSmith wrote:
    there are a lot of Favre fans here where i live (where he lives in the offseason and went to school) but i dont know anyone here who is pulling for him over the Saints. he's already got one, and that Saints offense is just awesome to watch!

part of the reason i'm pulling for the vikes is for all those farve haters to eat their words, if they have not done so already.

the way i look at it is he was really annoying the way he waffled every year about retiring. nobody enjoyed the constant coverage by espn. but i can also see his side of it. he loves playing football. its all he knows. he thinks he can still play at a high level. he does not want to let go of it just yet....and, most importantly, there are teams that ALLOW him to drag his decision out. so if you want to blame someone, i say blame the teams that basically encouraged that kind of behaviour. as it turns out, farve was right: if healthy can still play at a high level and take a team deep into the playoffs and possibly the super bowl. i say good for him. go vikes. should be really really really fun to watch on sunday.
    yeah i think he should play as long as he wants. the guy breathes football. i didnt get what all the fuss was about earlier this year anyway.

I kinda have a love/hate thing with him. everyone i've ever talked to that knows him say he's an ass, but a lot of that was from his younger, crazier days. plus, he only tipped me like 18% once when i waited on him. i know you got millions, Brett! throw a brotha a hundred!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Go Saints!!!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    As a Bears fan I can't believe I'm saying this, but: Go Favre & the Vikings!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • I have a feeling ....

Saints VS. Vikings

Will be a better game than the Superbowl.......

I have a feeling....

Jets VS. Colts....

Will be a clunker..........

Vikings 31
    Saints 28

Colts 21
    Jets 6
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Ok...

Mr. Manning took care of business.....

Now lets see Mr. Favre do the same......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Ok...

holy shit, its Sunday, forgot all about it.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ok...

manning showed why he's the best today.
  • and the Saints answer!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    This appears that it's NOT going to be a defensive struggle. Farve appears to be as focused as ever.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• well i almost cried, but then Peterson saved the day!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    great 1st half.
    Nice one-handed catch.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Joe Buck just tried to explain that if this game goes into OT, the Vikings have the advantage because Ryan Longwell is, in his words, "12 for 17 in the playoffs" ...

Someone want to tell Joe that % sucks? Man, these guys SO want Favre to win.

In other news ... AD ... must stand for ALWAYS DROP.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Seriously, keep AP out of the game.

Now that Favre looks hurt, well.....I don't know.

I knew the Vikings were going to find a way to screw it up, they always do! :lol:
  • finally got a fumble. finally!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    They are going to rule this a TD for the Saints, and Joe Buck is going to cry.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Could this be ANOTHER end of the game bone head play by Farve?

Peace

Sloppy game.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sloppy game.

exciting though!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    What a fucking dogfight in the NFC. I actually wanted Favre to win and go on to beat the Colts so he can finally retire on top and be done with the NFL. But chances are he will just look at a SB win as a way to get more $$ from another team and milk them for as much as he can. And with that thought........ GO SAINTS.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Who are the people dressed in gold on the saints sideline? They look like an entourage that shouldn't really be there?