NFL playoffs....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
NFC Championship

Warner Vs. Favre

AFC Championship

Brady Vs. Manning

Thats what I want to see...................
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713
    No Drew Brees for you?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?

That's what i was going to say. I also think there's going to be a surprise in there somewhere.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?
    Nope....

Hope the Saints get knocked out............
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think it will be:

Saints vs. Vikings
    Colts vs. Chargers

Super Bowl will be Saints vs. Chargers.

Saints win.

Maybe
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?

That's what i was going to say. I also think there's going to be a surprise in there somewhere.

Peace

You don't think the Patriots making the AFC championship would be a surprise? I sure do.

Would be funny seeing the Pats go to San Diego and taking out the Chargers again, just to see LT cry like a little girl again.

And it's a shame the Vikings are led by Favre, as, I really like their team. I'm just tired of him, which is a shame as he is one of the players I've enjoyed watching more than almost anyone over my years.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?
    Nope....

I would rather see Saints v Vikings. Best Offense in the NFC v one of the best defenses.

Supoerbowl - Battle of the undefeated's. Colts win and Manning again proves why he's the best QB.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    not sure what the matchups will be....but i know that i'd like the Colts to lose. i don't know why...but i've never liked them. on the other hand, i'd really like to see the Saints win it all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?
    Nope....

I would rather see Saints v Vikings. Best Offense in the NFC v one of the best defenses.

Supoerbowl - Battle of the undefeated's. Colts win and Manning again proves why he's the best QB.
    I want to see Warner win it all.......

Brett Favre is the man....No doubt..
    But I want to see Warner win another Superbowl......
  • Pats defense is too terrible to get to the AFC championship game.

Brees all the way baby!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Saints - Vikings
    Colts - Chargers

Though, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles beat either the Saints or the Vikings, only to lose the big game....again.

hahaha
  • Brees vs Manning in the bowl.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    NFC Championship - Saints - Eagles
    AFC Championship - Colts - Chargers
    Super Bowl - Colts - Eagles
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    No Drew Brees for you?

Peace

You don't think the Patriots making the AFC championship would be a surprise? I sure do.

Would be funny seeing the Pats go to San Diego and taking out the Chargers again, just to see LT cry like a little girl again.

And it's a shame the Vikings are led by Favre, as, I really like their team. I'm just tired of him, which is a shame as he is one of the players I've enjoyed watching more than almost anyone over my years.

Exactly, that's the surprise team I'm talking about. I still feel that the Patriots can reach the AFC Championship, I won't put anything past them. They've proved me right in the past and ended up champions.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited December 2009
    Colts beat the Chargers

Vikings beat the Saints

Vikings beat the Colts in the SB

Favre is Super Bowl MVP !!!
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    the wolf wrote:
    Colts beat the Chargers

Vikings beat the Saints

Viking beat the Colts in the SB

Favre is Super Bowl MVP !!!

I like that SB But not the outcome...
  • I would love to see Manning vs. Favre in the Superbowl.

I can't tell you how much I'd love to see Favre go out a Superbowl Champ. I'd like to see him wipe the SB Trophy with his balls during the MVP presentation.

Realistically, I think Peyton wins his 2nd SB this year. All roads go through Indy this year and I don't think they get beat in the post-season.

I've cursed him now. My picks are usually 100% wrong.
  • AFC Wild Card games:

Denver @ New England, NE wins

Jacksonville @ Cincinnati, JAX wins

NFC Wild Card games:

Packers @ Cardinals, GB wins

Cowboys @ Eagles, PHI wins

AFC Divisional:

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis, IND wins

New England @ San Deigo, NE wins

NFC Divisional:

Philadelphia @ Minnesota, PHI wins

Green Bay @ New Orleans, NO wins

AFC Championship:

New England @ Indianapolis, NE wins

NFC Championship:

Philadelphia @ New Orleans, NO Wins

Super Bowl:

New England @ New Orleans, NE wins
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    As stated by g under p, surprises happen ... look at the Superbowls for the last few years

2008 - Arizona (9 - 7 #4 seed who looked AWFUL in the season's final weeks)
    2007 - NY Giants (5 seed)
    2005 - Pittsburgh (5 seed)

There is just something about the Colts I don't like.

I worry about the kid receivers in the playoffs ... as well as the kids in the secondary ... the lack of Bob Sanders will eventually catch up to them.

I can easily see the Chargers walking into Indy and taking them out. (Nice money line bet).

I'll throw a guess out there, but, yeah, it's a guess ... thus why I love the NFL, anything can happen.

Chargers beat Colts
    Packers beat Saints (They have the secondary that could, could, give the Saints fits)

Chargers beat Packers.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • AFC Wild Card games:

NFC Wild Card games:

AFC Divisional:

NFC Divisional:

AFC Championship:

NFC Championship:

Super Bowl:

If you weren't a biased Patriots fan, you'd realize how ridiculous this sounds. But then again I'm a biased Patriots-hater so my opinion isn't very legit either. But I think outsiders would agree that NE doesn't have the defense to get it done this year...and unlike 2007, I don't think their offense could win shootouts anymore if it comes down to that with against a team like SD or IND.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jimed14 wrote:
    As stated by g under p, surprises happen ... look at the Superbowls for the last few years

2008 - Arizona (9 - 7 #4 seed who looked AWFUL in the season's final weeks)
    2007 - NY Giants (5 seed)
    2005 - Pittsburgh (5 seed)

There is just something about the Colts I don't like.

I worry about the kid receivers in the playoffs ... as well as the kids in the secondary ... the lack of Bob Sanders will eventually catch up to them.

I can easily see the Chargers walking into Indy and taking them out. (Nice money line bet).

I agree. Just look at the last 5 years. The Colts always have great regular seasons and get bounced from the playoffs in short order (with the exception of their 2006 title year). Check it out:

2004: 12-4 (Beat Broncos in First Round, Lost to Patriots in Second Round)
    2005: 14-2 (First Round Bye, Lost to Steelers in Second Round)
    2006: 12-4 (Beat Chiefs, Ravens, and Pats in AFC playoffs, Beat Bears in Super Bowl)
    2007: 13-3 (First Round Bye, Lost to Chargers in Second Round)
    2008: 12-4 (Lost to 8-8 Chargers in the First Round)

Those teams are just as good if not better than this year's team that may go undefeated. Sure they got the job done in 2006....but I think the other years (last two in particular) are more telling of what type of team the Colts really are.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    No clue, it's anybody's game.

have to go with the Saints in the NFC, but will be rooting for the Eagles.

In the AFC wouldn't be surprised if it was the San Diego Chargers. Or one of the wild card teams like Balt. if the make it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • AFC Wild Card games:

NFC Wild Card games:

AFC Divisional:

NFC Divisional:

AFC Championship:

NFC Championship:

Super Bowl:

1st theres no way jax makes the playoffs,secondly the eagles can't play a division team in the 1st rd anyway. Next NE sucks and already lost to denver and has no chance of sniffing the bowl let alone winning it.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 1st theres no way jax makes the playoffs,secondly the eagles can't play a division team in the 1st rd anyway. Next NE sucks and already lost to denver and has no chance of sniffing the bowl let alone winning it.

I agree with all of this except the part about the Eagles. Why can't they play a division team in the first round? Philly is in the 3rd seed right now and the Cowboys and Giants are contending for the 6th seed. So they almost definitely will play a division team in the first round.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • 1st theres no way jax makes the playoffs,secondly the eagles can't play a division team in the 1st rd anyway. Next NE sucks and already lost to denver and has no chance of sniffing the bowl let alone winning it.

I agree with all of this except the part about the Eagles. Why can't they play a division team in the first round? Philly is in the 3rd seed right now and the Cowboys and Giants are contending for the 6th seed. So they almost definitely will play a division team in the first round.
    Was thinking about baseball wrong sport my bad i guess all the halladay got my sports mixed up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Eagles-Colts in the Super Bowl....Colts win.
    Ok boys and girls ... THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE, so time to rethink your ... thoughts.

AFC -
    #1 Colts & #2 Chargers - bye
    #6 Ravens @ #3 Patriots
    #5 Jets @ #4 Bengals

NFC -
    #1 Saints & #2 Vikings - bye
    #6 Eagles @ #3 Cowboys
    #5 Packers @ #4 Cardinals

I'll stick with what I put out there a few weeks ago ... although, this means the Eagles have to beat the Cowboys ... which, I'm not so confident about ... but, yeah, my NFC pick is the Packers.

jimed14 wrote:
    I'll throw a guess out there, but, yeah, it's a guess ... thus why I love the NFL, anything can happen.

Chargers beat Colts
    Packers beat Saints (They have the secondary that could, could, give the Saints fits)

Chargers beat Packers.

Oh, and 3 of the 4 wildcard matchups are repeats of today's games ... combined score of those three games today, 94 - 7 (with 8 minutes left in the Bengals / Jets game)

note, my above predition of the Packers winning the NFC is null and void if Charles Woodsen is out for a considerable length of time.

AFC -
    #1 Colts & #2 Chargers - bye
    #6 Ravens @ #3 Patriots
    #5 Jets @ #4 Bengals

NFC -
    #1 Saints & #2 Vikings - bye
    #6 Eagles @ #3 Cowboys
    #5 Packers @ #4 Cardinals

AFC
    Ravens beat the Patriots
    Bengals put the smack down on the Jets when they have all of their starters in for the whole game.

NFC
    Eagles beat the boys
    Packers beat the Cardinals
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    AFC
    Ravens beat the Patriots
    Bengals put the smack down on the Jets when they have all of their starters in for the whole game.

NFC
    Eagles beat the boys

3 out of 4 road teams win, eh?

jimed14 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    AFC
    Ravens beat the Patriots

NFC
    Eagles beat the boys

3 out of 4 road teams win, eh?

lol well maybe not. I'm on the fence with the Ravens Patriots game. ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel