NFL playoffs....

Comments

• eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:
    as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

i know...i'm heartless--i just cannot stand hearing the name BRETT FAVRE anymore...he had a good season, but now it's over and let's move on...except that we're going to be hearing about his battle with retirement for the next few months...

:lol::lol:

i will say being the same age as brett, i'd be a limping bastard as well getting all those hits ;)

When I think about old man Favre getting creamed a zillion times by a bunch of twenty somethings weighing between 250 - 300 pounds, I almost forgive him for his off-season retirement drama. Bet that mofo can barely move today.

LOL! Oh, i'm sure he's hurting...i'd be dead if i got hit by one of those guys!! I just think he's a little dramatic--and i get tired of it :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:
    as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

i know...i'm heartless--i just cannot stand hearing the name BRETT FAVRE anymore...he had a good season, but now it's over and let's move on...except that we're going to be hearing about his battle with retirement for the next few months...

:lol::lol:

i will say being the same age as brett, i'd be a limping bastard as well getting all those hits ;)

When I think about old man Favre getting creamed a zillion times by a bunch of twenty somethings weighing between 250 - 300 pounds, I almost forgive him for his off-season retirement drama. Bet that mofo can barely move today.

pj girl you and your friend were right in front of me in seattle ... preetyy sweet sight i must say :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • So happy the Vikings lost. I really dont think I could have handled the 2 week lovefest for Favre that would have taken place if they made it to the Super Bowl. And what was with Fox constantly showing Favre's family in the stands. No one gives a fuck about their reactions!!! Show the damn game!!!
  • So happy the Vikings lost. I really dont think I could have handled the 2 week lovefest for Favre that would have taken place if they made it to the Super Bowl. And what was with Fox constantly showing Favre's family in the stands. No one gives a fuck about their reactions!!! Show the damn game!!!

oh my god--if they showed Favre's wife one more time and if they talked about how much she cried bc she didn't know who to cheer for...ugh--show me more game!

(and neily--I think you're talking about the awesome LukinTimer...she was my ticket buddy :-) )

It's called ratings my friend. ;)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    So happy the Vikings lost. I really dont think I could have handled the 2 week lovefest for Favre that would have taken place if they made it to the Super Bowl. And what was with Fox constantly showing Favre's family in the stands. No one gives a fuck about their reactions!!! Show the damn game!!!

i don't mind the camera showing his wife.

she's like a hot jennifer connelly.
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    So happy the Vikings lost. I really dont think I could have handled the 2 week lovefest for Favre that would have taken place if they made it to the Super Bowl. And what was with Fox constantly showing Favre's family in the stands. No one gives a fuck about their reactions!!! Show the damn game!!!

Jennifer Connelly isn't hot?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:

Jennifer Connelly isn't hot?

no. hence my comment. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jeagler's choice in women is almost as bad as his choice in teams.

Deanna Favre over Jennifer Connelly? wow.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:

i'd do em both.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:

e298a2e9.jpg

really jeags?! i mean deena is alright but c'mon...jennifer's eyes alone win her this race ;) :wave:
  • norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

e298a2e9.jpg

really jeags?! i mean deena is alright but c'mon...jennifer's eyes alone win her this race ;) :wave:
    I wouldnt allow either of those 2 bimbos to have sex with me.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

oh my god--if they showed Favre's wife one more time and if they talked about how much she cried bc she didn't know who to cheer for...ugh--show me more game!

(and neily--I think you're talking about the awesome LukinTimer...she was my ticket buddy :-) )

well whoever it was , i enjoyed the view from the both of you :mrgreen:

and the reaction to unthought known was also sweet :o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

e298a2e9.jpg

I wouldnt allow either of those 2 bimbos to have sex with me.......

yea ok :roll:
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Ind will move the ball all day against the saints def. I wouldn't be suprised if the colts win big here. 38-24 sounds about right to me maybe 41-24.
    How quickly we forget that Payton Manning has the ability to really suck in big moments. The Colts should win 41-24, but the Saints are the kind of team that can beat him b/c their D relies on turning over the other team. Additionally, it's not like the Saints offense sucks, and the Colts D is dominant. It's easier to stop two teams run by Joe Flacco and Matt Sanchez, than Drew Brees.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

e298a2e9.jpg

Looks Brett isn't the only Favre who's been taking hits all these years?? ;)

Just kidding, I'm not that much of an asshole...but Connelly is more of a babe.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MrSmith wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

i'd do em both.

That's the spirit. :thumbup:

Thinking with both heads. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

e298a2e9.jpg

cant see that pic here at work...its the eyebrows. connelly's eyebrows freak me the hell out.
    www.myspace.com
  • thats the worst picture of Favre's wife in existence. way to be fair and balanced, haha

• oh my god--if they showed Favre's wife one more time and if they talked about how much she cried bc she didn't know who to cheer for...ugh--show me more game!

well whoever it was , i enjoyed the view from the both of you :mrgreen:

and the reaction to unthought known was also sweet :o

LOL!!! I don't know what our reaction to unthought known was, but now I'm scared!! :oops:

And, my 2 cents....my vote goes to Connelly...Favre's wife was a little scary looking...maybe it was the makeup or the way her hands were always covering her face, but...eek!

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    RW81233 wrote:
    Ind will move the ball all day against the saints def. I wouldn't be suprised if the colts win big here. 38-24 sounds about right to me maybe 41-24.
    How quickly we forget that Payton Manning has the ability to really suck in big moments. The Colts should win 41-24, but the Saints are the kind of team that can beat him b/c their D relies on turning over the other team. Additionally, it's not like the Saints offense sucks, and the Colts D is dominant. It's easier to stop two teams run by Joe Flacco and Matt Sanchez, than Drew Brees.
    How quickly u forget that peyton manning is probably the greatest qb in history and i'm from philly. I'll take him and his super bowl resume any day any where at any time over brady, big ben,favre.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    I am with Jeags, Connelly is not all shes cracked up to be.
  • I enjoy all the comments ripping Brett and the Vikequeens.

But leave his wife alone.

She beat breast cancer and speaks out for finding a cure.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I didn't say Manning was bad, but his playoff resume isn't all that good. He even sucked in his one Super Bowl win and throughout those playoffs if I remember correctly. In fact, statistically this is pretty much his best playoff run ever. But, as with Favre, it's hard for me to shake the idea that he'll screw up at some point, start shaking his head and getting mad then lose. I am biased though b/c I love when that happens to him.
  • so i thought now that Favre was out, they would stop talking about Favre nonstop? all i hear about is retirement talk. no word yet about that game they call a SUPERBOWL.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    MrSmith wrote:
    so i thought now that Favre was out, they would stop talking about Favre nonstop? all i hear about is retirement talk. no word yet about that game they call a SUPERBOWL.

for many people, including myself, this season petered out before the Superbowl. I think it was because there were so many favorite teams really getting their fans hopes up, but it was all let downs. Most people are probalby just hoping for a good game, not really caring about the teams this time.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    MrSmith wrote:
    so i thought now that Favre was out, they would stop talking about Favre nonstop? all i hear about is retirement talk. no word yet about that game they call a SUPERBOWL.

Believe me, we got another week and a half to discuss the game. I'm sure once the guys hit Miami, we'll hear plenty about it. You don't need 2 full weeks to hype one game.

BTW, what's with the bullshit the NFL is pulling by requiring guys who made the Probowl on the Saints or Colts to be at the Probowl (even if on the sidelines, not playing) instead of with their teams getting ready for the Superbowl? Absolute horseshit.

I wish they pulled this shit with the Patriots or the Giants ... you know guys like Coughlin or Belichick would give the NFL a big middle finger and not let their guys go.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The pro bowl is so stupid. They should have just left it in Hawaii. I'm gonna watch the old superbowl clips from NFL films instead of that tomorrow.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The pro bowl is so stupid. They should have just left it in Hawaii. I'm gonna watch the old superbowl clips from NFL films instead of that tomorrow.

I'll go you one farther, how bout name your 1st and 2nd team pro bowlers and forget the game and give them a letter or something saying your a pro bowler. I don't think most of these guys want to play this game and does anybody really watch? The only all star I ever watch is baseball's and that's because the game was still played by the regular rules, or at least I think it is. The NHL all star game is as bad as the NFL, like watching girls hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713
    How quickly u forget that peyton manning is probably the greatest qb in history and i'm from philly. I'll take him and his super bowl resume any day any where at any time over brady, big ben,favre.
    His Super Bowl resume over Brady and Roethlisberger????

As of today, Manning has 1 ring, Brady has 3 and Roethlisberger 2.
    This weekend we rock Portland