NFL playoffs....

Comments

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    and they very well might have if Farve didn't throw the late int. :lol:

Farve is NOT a closer. well, maybe for the other team he is.[/quote]
    There is no way Farve retires now. Just like 2 years ago against the Giants...he does not want to end his career with his last throw being a game losing INT. Farve's coming back next year.[/quote]

Of course he doesn't want his career to end like that, but that's how it should have ended twice now. He's the most unclutch QB of all time. It's only fitting he goes out choking away a playoff game, that's who he is.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    pureoc, this is the same point I was trying to make last week and people were like, "You'd wet yourself if Favre decided to play for Dallas". No I wouldn't. Romo is what he is but he has years and years left to correct his errors and Favre has proven he is a choker in the big games.

Now what? Where does he go know and what does Minnesota do? Are they stuck with Jackson now?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Damn, the Vikings gift wrapped that shit
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • booomm11 wrote:
    Damn, the Vikings gift wrapped that shit
    Yeah...

I REALLY wanted to see Favre in another Superbowl....

But when you spend the entire game turning the ball over, sooner or later it is going to bite you in the ass.....

How on earth, with less than a minute left in the game, in field goal range, do you get called for 12 men in the huddle?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    How on earth, with less than a minute left in the game, in field goal range, do you get called for 12 men in the huddle?????

to blow an entire season on such a fundamental error is inexcusable.

though it has happened before, late in a game, where dunce type mistakes have
    cost many a team 'the big game.' it's almost as if they get caught up in all
    of the excitement and completely forget even the most basic of rules.
    Nice shirt.
  • I was happy as hell when the Saints kicked that field goal in OT. :mrgreen:

Once again the Vikequeens blow it in the end. :) Packer nation is having a great Monday today. hehehehe
  • How on earth, with less than a minute left in the game, in field goal range, do you get called for 12 men in the huddle?????

Had Farve had just RAN for 10 yds on his last play, instead of throwing that pick. UGGGHHHH!!!!!

Had Favre had just hobbled for 10 yards, instead of throwing that pick. UGGHHHH!!!!!!
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I wanted to see Farve play in the SB as well

right, and countless penalties... 12men in the huddle is inexcusable

loved Joe Buck's comment about AD, went something like " Adrian is known for these enormous strong hands and his powering handshakes. Can't understand why he fumbles so much?" :)
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • How on earth, with less than a minute left in the game, in field goal range, do you get called for 12 men in the huddle?????

Had Farve had just RAN for 10 yds on his last play, instead of throwing that pick. UGGGHHHH!!!!!

Had Favre had just hobbled for 10 yards, instead of throwing that pick. UGGHHHH!!!!!!

That pick reminded me of the 2008 NFC game.

exactly. seemed to me like a very feasible solution. hell, he could have skipped those 10 yards!

what was he thinking? the Vikings play calling was questionable throughout the game.

the Super Bowl is going to seem like an exhibition game in comparison to that barn burner.
    Nice shirt.
  • booomm11 wrote:

loved Joe Buck's comment about AD, went something like " Adrian is known for these enormous strong hands and his powering handshakes. Can't understand why he fumbles so much?" :)
    Adrian Peterson???

That guy should go crawl under a rock, and hide there, for the next 10 years.
    booomm11 wrote:

Adrian Peterson???

Adrian Peterson was handling the ball like he was wearing boxing gloves.
    It wasn't like he had to deal with the weather, as in having cold hands.

And Joe Buck sounded like he was gonna burst into tears if Farve got hit one more time.
    Nice shirt.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

And be forced to hold a football high and tight for all 10 of those years! :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713

Look at this shot. http://i50.tinypic.com/15fjf9u.jpg

There's no way a healthy 40 yr old Favre gets much past the line of scrimmage there, but with the bad ankle if he tucks the ball and runs he probably ends up with no gain at best.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • If he hobbles, slides, dives to the 35....
    Its a 52 yard field goal attempt....

They at least have a chance at winning......

Hell even a 55 yard attempt gives them a chance.........
  • edited January 2010
    a 56 yard field goal is still far from a sure thing. he definitely screwed up, but that stupid penalty was worse.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713
    If he hobbles, slides, dives to the 35....

No doubt, the INT was horrid, but it should have never come to that. When the Vikes reached the 33, the Saints handed them a gift by calling their last timeout and Brad Childress took his foot off the accelerator and tried to bleed the clock and set up for a FG try...from the 33!!!...that's a 50 yard FG, you emply that strategy when you're in the red zone. Then the bonehead screwed up his substitution on 3rd down and cost his team 5 yards, putting them at 55yd FG range, forcing Favre to try and make a play, which Favre made a horrible choice. But Childress deserves a lot of blame here. A real lot.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    If he hobbles, slides, dives to the 35....

No doubt, the INT was horrid, but it should have never come to that. When the Vikes reached the 33, the Saints handed them a gift by calling their last timeout and Brad Childress took his foot off the accelerator and tried to bleed the clock and set up for a FG try...from the 33!!!...that's a 50 yard FG, you emply that strategy when you're in the red zone. Then the bonehead screwed up his substitution on 3rd down and cost his team 5 yards, putting them at 55yd FG range, forcing Favre to try and make a play, which Favre made a horrible choice. But Childress deserves a lot of blame here. A real lot.
    Agreed...

oh well...

Im looking forward to Superbowl Sunday. Not quite sure where I am going to watch the game, I may just stay home. But no matter where I watch the game, there will be guacamole and chicken wings on the menu.

Life is good....
  • who knew to be a great football player it helps to be named Pierre! Garcon and Thomas both had big days
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'd like to see the Saints win it all.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Yeah it looks like there was 10 yards of separation between him and the defender most likely to tackle him. Assuming he is not well, and the LB or Safety is, then he's only going about 2+ yards from there, maybe 4 if he angles. So that means a 55+ yard FG. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen for the Vikes.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "I probably should have ran it," Favre said of his losing play. "I don't know how many yards we needed for a field goal, but I knew we needed some."

seriously brett...you, the quarterback, didn't know how many yards you needed to get in field goal range? so you decide to throw across your body instead of run? :roll:

what a tool...please go away now
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    "I probably should have ran it," Favre said of his losing play. "I don't know how many yards we needed for a field goal, but I knew we needed some."

seriously brett...you, the quarterback, didn't know how many yards you needed to get in field goal range? so you decide to throw across your body instead of run? :roll:

Well, in the heat of being chased, I can see how he didn't know exaclty where he was and where he had to get to. And he was running on a hobbled ankle.

He admitted it was wrong. As stated, there were a ton of reasons the Vikings lost that game, his just happened to be the last reason.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • i still like Brett and hope he comes back.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Ind will move the ball all day against the saints def. I wouldn't be suprised if the colts win big here. 38-24 sounds about right to me maybe 41-24.
    Go Birds!!!!
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Well, in the heat of being chased, I can see how he didn't know exaclty where he was and where he had to get to. And he was running on a hobbled ankle.

He admitted it was wrong. As stated, there were a ton of reasons the Vikings lost that game, his just happened to be the last reason.

if say sanchez said that i'd let it slide...but if farve really is this super dooper qb, he should know how many yards needed for a field goal to win the game...he wanted to be the hero...turns out he's a zero ;)
  • as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

i know...i'm heartless--i just cannot stand hearing the name BRETT FAVRE anymore...he had a good season, but now it's over and let's move on...except that we're going to be hearing about his battle with retirement for the next few months...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

i know...i'm heartless--i just cannot stand hearing the name BRETT FAVRE anymore...he had a good season, but now it's over and let's move on...except that we're going to be hearing about his battle with retirement for the next few months...
    yeah that would have been unbareable
    as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

:lol::lol:

i will say being the same age as brett, i'd be a limping bastard as well getting all those hits ;)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    as soon as favre "hurt his ankle" i was cheering even mroe for the saints....i know he took a crazy amount of hits, but he always looks like he's hurt or there's something wrong--almost setting up the great comeback or impossible return....can't you just see the headlines "Favre leads team to SB with hurt ankle..." blah blah blah.

:lol::lol:

i will say being the same age as brett, i'd be a limping bastard as well getting all those hits ;)

When I think about old man Favre getting creamed a zillion times by a bunch of twenty somethings weighing between 250 - 300 pounds, I almost forgive him for his off-season retirement drama. Bet that mofo can barely move today.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/