Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    How long is it until Boozer comes back?

The right question is: "How long until Boozer's next injury?"

Boozer is suppose to start practing today.

and he is not as injury prone as some woudl have you believe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    How long is it until Boozer comes back?

The right question is: "How long until Boozer's next injury?"

Boozer is suppose to start practing today.

and he is not as injury prone as some woudl have you believe

Hopefully his stay in Chicago is healthier than his stay in Utah was.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    he gets a bad rep. 3 of the last 4 seasons he was fine. his first couple of years in utah were an issue, but even Jordan missed a season due to injury.

this last one was a freak
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    he gets a bad rep. 3 of the last 4 seasons he was fine. his first couple of years in utah were an issue, but even Jordan missed a season due to injury.

this last one was a freak

That hand injury was a little unfortunate for Carlos. I hope he can consistently be in there. He could really boost Chicago, and I wouldn't mind seeing them go deep into the post-season.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    it's a little worriesome that it is his shooting hand.

they need somebody that can consitently knock down the 15 footer on the pick and roll with Rose.

Taj is trying to build a house, and Deng is way to streaky. I don't know why they don't run that play with Korver, although he hasn't been shooting great either.

It's clank city at the UC.

and would they please work on the free throw shooting. 70% is pathetic. Seems like Noah is the best ft shooter on the team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    it's a little worriesome that it is his shooting hand.

they need somebody that can consitently knock down the 15 footer on the pick and roll with Rose.

Taj is trying to build a house, and Deng is way to streaky. I don't know why they don't run that play with Korver, although he hasn't been shooting great either.

It's clank city at the UC.

and would they please work on the free throw shooting. 70% is pathetic. Seems like Noah is the best ft shooter on the team.

One thing that bothered me about Sloan w/ Korver is that he never gave the guy the chance to get hot and shoot like crazy. Korver has the ability too, he just needs the time to find his place. He could potentially be a great starter.

Boozer and Rose executing the pick and roll well could be very dangerous. Boozer worked well with Deron Williams, so he obviously can mesh with PG.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Boozer practiced yesterday without any major issues. They said he was banging away like nothing was wrong.

i'm going to wager he plays wed vs. the magic. might be worth going if cheap tickets can be scored.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Bizarro wrote:
    Boozer practiced yesterday without any major issues. They said he was banging away like nothing was wrong.

i'm going to wager he plays wed vs. the magic. might be worth going if cheap tickets can be scored.

I hope he plays Wednesday. I wouldnt count on any cheap tickets....Bulls ticket prices are insane.

This team is goin to be dangerous when everyone is healthy. D-Rose has been unreal so far this year.
  • Options
    D-Rose has been unreal so far this year.

:thumbup:

Along with Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, and Chris Paul, he's one of the best PG's in the league.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Bizarro wrote:

I hope he plays Wednesday. I wouldnt count on any cheap tickets....Bulls ticket prices are insane.

This team is goin to be dangerous when everyone is healthy. D-Rose has been unreal so far this year.

tickets can be had for below face. i've seen 200 level tickets going in the $40 range day of game. key is to buy the afternoon of the game. i'm guessing with orlando they won't get that low.

If the season ended today, Rose should be in the MVP debate. Currently 2nd in scoring and 8th in assists. he is just unstopable. they say he has to do the two hand dunks because he can't palm the ball. don't know if it is true, but it's fun to watch. and they way he cork screws stuff off the glass. i've avoided saying it, but it reminds me of somebody else that used to play in chicago.

if boozer can hit that little 15ft jumper on the pick and roll, watch out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Along with Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, and Chris Paul, he's one of the best PG's in the league.

once he learns to really play defense he will be the best. he's improved a ton since his rookie season, but still has a long way to go. he'll get there. dude is only 21 and the best thing about him is he likes to practice (ahem, i'm looking at you AI) and works hard during the summer to improve things like his jumper this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bizarro wrote:

If the season ended today, Rose should be in the MVP debate. Currently 2nd in scoring and 8th in assists. he is just unstopable. they say he has to do the two hand dunks because he can't palm the ball. don't know if it is true, but it's fun to watch. and they way he cork screws stuff off the glass. i've avoided saying it, but it reminds me of somebody else that used to play in chicago.

if boozer can hit that little 15ft jumper on the pick and roll, watch out.

I agree with all of this. Rose should be in the debate for MVP even at the end. If he continues playing the way he is now, he will. After you mentioned it yesterday, I thought about the Boozer/Rose pick n' roll and now I'm excited to watch those two play together. Think Boozer will be playing by Friday? There is a nice double-header on the way on ESPN this Friday:

Bulls @ Celtics
    Mavericks @ Jazz

:mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Bizarro wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

once he learns to really play defense he will be the best. he's improved a ton since his rookie season, but still has a long way to go. he'll get there. dude is only 21 and the best thing about him is he likes to practice (ahem, i'm looking at you AI) and works hard during the summer to improve things like his jumper this year.

Yeah, sharpen his defense skills and he'll be great. His offense is lethal.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Boozer might play wed. he practiced yesterday. i expect him to play wed. during his rehab he was able to stay in shape (net the right hand). i expect it will take him a few weeks of practice/game action to get his shot back.

assuming boozer is back this week, i wouldn't be shocked if they dropped a couple of games and struggle a little as they rework the offense and roles. 4-3 over the next two weeks would be ok. then the schedule gets alot easier for the rest of the season and they should get rolling.

it's so nice to finally have a Bulls team that should be very competitive come playoff time vs all those bad years post title. even when they knocked off Miami after miami's championship, you knew they weren't going any place.

they have really reworked the roster over the past 3-4 years and have put together a really nice team with most of the key players coming thru the draft (Deng, Noah, Rose, Taj).
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i don't care for the ESPN and TNT telecasts. hopefully they don't black out the local telecast. if they do, you better buy a dog, cause i'll sick stacey king on you. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    half priced tickets now available

3rd row 200 level behind the basket...pair w/ fee's for 140. i've sat in this area, and it's not bad at all

what to be cheaper.... 74 for a pair in row 1 sect 314. i've also sat in this area, not as good, but not terribble, not bad for the price.

http://www.redlinetickets.com/tickets/s ... tion=65540
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOZER :o
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    what a shit game

boozer didn't do much, but i didn't expect him too in his first game back.

not much pick and roll action. bulls offense was putrid for the most part

orlando on the other hand, their offense was killing hte bulls. way to many wide open 3's. they are right at the top of the list in 3's attempted per game, but they typically don't shoot that high of a percentage.

oh well...on to boston. get past the next 6 games and the scheudle eases up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    at least college hoops has something good to offer
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Didn't look too good last night 81. Jameer shouldn't be able to go for 20 something against anyone.

Was that you performing at the halftime show? Is it sad that the halftime antics make ESPN's top 10 plays, but the rest of the game didn't?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Not a good start to the Boozer era. It'll take a few games for him to get back into the swing of things. I'm not too worried yet.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    Didn't look too good last night 81. Jameer shouldn't be able to go for 20 something against anyone.

Was that you performing at the halftime show? Is it sad that the halftime antics make ESPN's top 10 plays, but the rest of the game didn't?

call me werm :lol:

they actually had some creative dunks. the last one from teh right baseline toss up reverse was pretty pimp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Not a good start to the Boozer era. It'll take a few games for him to get back into the swing of things. I'm not too worried yet.

no need to worry. we just have to turn the clock back and treat it like it's the first game of the (pre)season. it's going to take a few weeks to get everyone back on the same page. just sucks that they are in the middle of a tough stretch of games. boston, okc, and lakers all coming up. i was hoping for a 4-3 stretch this week and next. they should be able to beat houston, clev, and min.

the three weeks to close out the month has them playing 9 games agist the lower half of the league. if they are what we think they are, they should win 7 or 8 of those games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Big Al has just barely started getting comfortable in Utah. Give it time, Boozer will eventually learn the ropes and fill in well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    they looked like shit tonight.

offense was sputtering again

defense was horid

d rose seems to have cooled off a bit, and isn't being quite as aggressive. wonder if the toe is starting to catch up with him

boozer looked better and a few nice plays, but, still has a long way to go to get back into

seems like korvers minutes are being cut now that boozer is back

taj really needs to drive to the bucket vs. always taking the 15ft jumper. had a huge lane tonight and clanked anouther.

they need to get a win tommorrow over houston, or this two week stretch is gonna be a stinker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    still a ways to go until they are an elite team, but D Rose, you are nuts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Boozer is starting to look good.

quality win over a good OK team, although, i'm not sure what OK was thinking buy putting durrant on the bench with 8 minutes left in the 3rd and leaving him there until the 4th started. OK handed the game to the Bulls.

but a win is a win. 2-2 since the circus trip ended. i wanted 4-3 at least on this 7 game stretch. seems like that should happen with cleveland and MN sandwiched around the lakers game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Boozer is looking exceptionally good. Starting to get scared of this team. This year? Probably not. Next year? Watch out.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    his jumper has looked better than i expected after the hand surgery.

he's making the game easier for D Rose. Who would have ever thought they could be a quality team with Rose barely getting into double digits.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    a crappy win vs. a crappy cavs team.

Bulls can be so frustrating at times. but D Rose is a beast. somebody should have told the Cavs that Rose woudl be taking the last shot for the Bulls. how easy did they make his drive

it was nice to see the return of the poor 3rd qtr play. we missed you. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg