Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:
    makes it so easy to root from them, although i suspect we will hear some rumblings on the national level from Rose skipping his NY trip tuesday.

Yeah, I was a little surprised to read about that. Oh well....should be a W against the Knicks tonight. No matter how shitty they are, it's always great to beat the Knicks...always makes me think of those asshole Knick teams in the 90s that could never get past the Bulls.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    he can skip the trip. big whoop in my book. i'd much rahter he stay in town and focus on the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    D rose, you are rediculous
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    81 wrote:

He is. How many point guards in the league can do what he does?

After watching last nights game, I'm more excited about Taj's future. Just hoping when Boozer comes back it doesn't stunt Taj's growth. I think they are a year or two from being REALLY good.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:

After watching last nights game, I'm more excited about Taj's future. Just hoping when Boozer comes back it doesn't stunt Taj's growth. I think they are a year or two from being REALLY good.

he is a great player ... but until he can knock down a 3 ... he's not gonna be elite ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:

he is a great player ... but until he can knock down a 3 ... he's not gonna be elite ...

He worked on his shooting over the summer, and it has improved. well ok, not so much from 26.7% last year to 27.8% this year, however, he looks more comfortable taking it and has hoisted up quite a few more. that said, i don't think he needs to be a great 3pt shooter to be considered elite.

if you were starting a team today and you were going to draft a PG, who do you take?

Rondo?
    Rose?
    Paul?
    Williams?
    Billiups?
    Nash?
    Kidd?
    Westbrook?

Tell me you wouldn't take Rose in the top 3 at the pg position?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    What a pathetic defensive effort that was last night. Just because the Knicks play absolutely no D, the Bulls started doing the same thing...
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:

Taj was a nice suprise in last years draft. he's getting better and looking more comfortable with each game.

he's got a really nice spin move in the paint. he uses it two or three times a game.

they have to find a way to get Korver more shots too.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

if you were starting a team today and you were going to draft a PG, who do you take?

Rondo?
    Rose?
    Paul?
    Williams?
    Billiups?
    Nash?
    Kidd?
    Westbrook?

He MIGHT be my 3rd choice at this point behind Paul and Rondo. Westbrook is in the running at this point, for me anyways. It would be a toss up between those 2.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    What a pathetic defensive effort that was last night. Just because the Knicks play absolutely no D, the Bulls started doing the same thing...

the D was less than steller. that second qtr killed them with all the turnovers and sloppy offense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

the D was less than steller. that second qtr killed them with all the turnovers and sloppy offense.

They allowed 70 points in the first half. And that wasn't even with Boozer playing. Mighta been 85 with him there.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    He worked on his shooting over the summer, and it has improved. well ok, not so much from 26.7% last year to 27.8% this year, however, he looks more comfortable taking it and has hoisted up quite a few more. that said, i don't think he needs to be a great 3pt shooter to be considered elite.

Rondo?
    Rose?
    Paul?
    Williams?
    Billiups?
    Nash?
    Kidd?
    Westbrook?

it depends on the rest of my guys to be quite honest ... each of these guys offers up something different ...

all things being equal ... i would put rose as a tier 2 pg ...

tier 1: chris paul, deron williams, dwayne wade
    tier 2: derrick rose, stephon curry, rajon rando, steve nash
  • Options
    i have wade as a two guard
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i have wade as a two guard

i think him and rose are similar in that they can play both guard positions ... at the end of the day, the offence runs through wade a lot and he's got the ball in his hands ... similarily, when you guys had hinrich - they would swap between who was playing the 1 and the 2 ...

i just think for him to truly elite ... he's got to have a long range jump shot and i wouldn't mind seeing a better % from him at the FT line as well ... same thing with guys like rondo ... love that kid's game but if guys are prepared to leave you wide open from the key and away and they aren't giving you the ball at the end of the game with a lead to prevent you going to the FT line ... you have deficiencies ...
  • Options
    i agree on the shooting %. he has never been a great FT shooter and so far, his % hasn't really improved over the years. it's actually gone done since his rookie season.

i still like his 15ft jumper that he uses. that's improved since year 1. it's the long range that needs improvement.

based on what i have seen so far in his young career, i expect he will continue to work on all these things. he talks like he wants to be a superstar and he practices those things that he isn't good at. i just hope he sticks around for a long time, which i think he will.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i agree on the shooting %. he has never been a great FT shooter and so far, his % hasn't really improved over the years. it's actually gone done since his rookie season.

i still like his 15ft jumper that he uses. that's improved since year 1. it's the long range that needs improvement.

based on what i have seen so far in his young career, i expect he will continue to work on all these things. he talks like he wants to be a superstar and he practices those things that he isn't good at. i just hope he sticks around for a long time, which i think he will.

totally agree ... pg's are like qb's - they need a lot of seasoning ... its why guys like nash and kidd can be effective late in their career ...
  • Options
    agreed.

so Boston tonight.....

they should be pumped for this one. after 4 games i don't know what to expect tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I'm going to the game Saturday with a buddy who happens to be a season ticket holder. I guess we're getting to the stadium @ 2:30 to shoot around, watch the bulls practice and meet Scottie, Love and others...should be an awesome time.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I'm going to the game Saturday with a buddy who happens to be a season ticket holder. I guess we're getting to the stadium @ 2:30 to shoot around, watch the bulls practice and meet Scottie, Love and others...should be an awesome time.

that sounds like a good time. i have a little envy.

can you make sure that every player shoots an extra 100 free throws.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    looks like they took some ft practice this week. bout time they made a few.

some odd line ups last night, with Taj, Deng, Watson, Rose and Bogans at one point.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i noticed Rose and Watson together which makes a lot of sense bc watson by himself is just plain BAD.
    great win- hope this continues vs the Wiz
  • Options
    Watson has looked more comfortable the last half dozen games or so. a lot more aggressive. still not a great setup point guard, but he will suffice.

nice west coast trip so far with 3 wins in 5 games. hopefully they can get a win tonight or tommorrow to set up the first winning circus trip since, well, you know when. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    thibs has done a nice job but really, why was lucas in there in the last 24 seconds? dude just signed today and barely played, yet he is on the floor for the last 24? of course he than clanks two free throws. uhg. bulls coughed up a game tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Well that fucking sucked. Would have been nice to get a W without Rose. It's still been a really nice road trip so far though....a win tomorrow would make it 4-3 on the circus trip!
  • Options
    Well that fucking sucked. Would have been nice to get a W without Rose. It's still been a really nice road trip so far though....a win tomorrow would make it 4-3 on the circus trip!

and Rose had a sore neck from sleeping wrong? whats up with that?

didn't see him on the sideline either. weird
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    winning record on the circus trip....frist time since 98 woot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the bulls just keep looking better while the heat continue their downward spiral :D

some nice comebacks this week
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    the bulls just keep looking better while the heat continue their downward spiral :D

some nice comebacks this week

Definitely some great comebacks. I was at the Jazz/Laker game here in SLC and that was one of the best NBA games I've been too. There has been some exciting games thus far...and some of them coming from names you wouldn't expect...like...the Indiana Pacers. :eh:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    How long is it until Boozer comes back?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    loadedgun wrote:
    How long is it until Boozer comes back?

The right question is: "How long until Boozer's next injury?"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2