Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    I'm so past the Jordan years. yeah, they were great, but it's been over a decade. I'm living in the now and loving watching Rose play. guy is a beast and now that he has a 3 point shot to go with his unstopable first step.

on one hand, i think they need anouther year before they are ready to contend, but then you look at this team, and it's not like they have a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players. they have all played in some big playoff games.

why not the Bulls?

I have not once ruled them out as a contender this year. My thinking is "don't under-estimate Chicago".

Great coach.
    As you pointed out great players.
    great fans.

It can be done.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    They look good. May have to schedule a stopover to see them on their home court.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    Aero83_ wrote:
    They look good. May have to schedule a stopover to see them on their home court.

That would be a kick ass experience. I know seeing PJ in that arena kicked ass. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

That would be a kick ass experience. I know seeing PJ in that arena kicked ass. :mrgreen:

depends on the season and hte game.

we typically go to two games a year. up to this year, it has always been Pistons game since the gf is a pistons fan. a few years back when the pistons were good, the games were a lot of fun, and there was typically a pretty good contigent of pistons fans in the building which made it fun. the last couple of years, the bulls have struggled and the pistsons have sucked, so the games were quite as full of energy.

but you can see the excitment building back up now that the bulls are on the upswing.

gf wants to see chris paul so we will hit up a hornets game, and maybe one other.

i doubt chicago is that much different from most places. LA is an exception since the lakers always keep the lights turned down low, and miami where nobody shows.

the best pro sporting event that i've been to is the Joe in detroit for a wings game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

depends on the season and hte game.

we typically go to two games a year. up to this year, it has always been Pistons game since the gf is a pistons fan. a few years back when the pistons were good, the games were a lot of fun, and there was typically a pretty good contigent of pistons fans in the building which made it fun. the last couple of years, the bulls have struggled and the pistsons have sucked, so the games were quite as full of energy.

but you can see the excitment building back up now that the bulls are on the upswing.

gf wants to see chris paul so we will hit up a hornets game, and maybe one other.

i doubt chicago is that much different from most places. LA is an exception since the lakers always keep the lights turned down low, and miami where nobody shows.

the best pro sporting event that i've been to is the Joe in detroit for a wings game.

Is your girl from Detroit? I just can't think of another reason to be a Pistons fan. :twisted: ;)

Seeing the Hornets shouldn't be bad. They're a good team, it's too bad they've hit a slump right now. If you can score tickets to see Dallas, that'd probably be a great game too. It never fails that when I watch that team they play some entertaining basketball.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    she's from Toledo. Toledo is pretty much split 50/50 between Detroit fans and cleveland fans in football and baseball. basketball leans more detroit and obviously, hockey is all detroit.

the funny thing, is she has never seen the pistons win in person. we've gone to 8 games here vs. the pistons and the bulls have won them all. before me she went to some games at the palace and the visitor always won. don;'t know how many games that was.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    she's from Toledo. Toledo is pretty much split 50/50 between Detroit fans and cleveland fans in football and baseball. basketball leans more detroit and obviously, hockey is all detroit.

the funny thing, is she has never seen the pistons win in person. we've gone to 8 games here vs. the pistons and the bulls have won them all. before me she went to some games at the palace and the visitor always won. don;'t know how many games that was.

Maybe they need Isaiah Thomas back? :lol: .... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    it's the cycle of life. teams get good for 7-8 years and than down for the same
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    it's the cycle of life. teams get good for 7-8 years and than down for the same

So true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    With the deep east, and the Bulls looking like a legitimate threat, do you see them making it out of the first round? Or, past the 2nd?

This is looking like it will be one of the better playoffs we've seen in recent years.

I am assuming they get the 4th seed.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    With the deep east, and the Bulls looking like a legitimate threat, do you see them making it out of the first round? Or, past the 2nd?

This is looking like it will be one of the better playoffs we've seen in recent years.

Anything less than the 3rd seed would be a major dissapointment. if you remember your nba seeding rules, the division winners are seeded 1,2 and 3 based on record.

my preseason top 5 were

Miami
    Boston
    Chicago
    Orlando
    Atlanta

and than everybody else.

right now it's

Boston
    Miami
    Chicago
    Orlando
    New York
    Atlanta
    Indiana
    Milwaukee

alot can change between now and playoff time.

so currently, chicago would get atlanta in the first round. chicago hasn't played atlanta yet this season so we don't have alot of history with the new look bulls and the hawks. but, being the optimistic bulls fan i am, i think the bulls could handle the hawks in a 5 game set. it would be a tough match up and might go the full 5.

That would get you miami in teh second round. can the bulls get past Miami. maybe. deng has done a decent job on james thru the years. brewer is athletic enough to stay in front of wade. noah should be able to bang bosh around. could they beat miami? sure. will they? who knows.

i think orlando is a little over rated. bulls should be able to beat that one man team if they stop the ball from flying around the perimeter to the open 3 point shooter. i'd let howard get his and try and stop the 3's, unlike last game where they let howard get his early and the shooters get thiers later.

boston would be a tough beat. they play great defense and Rondo always gives rose fits with his speed and wing span. they also do a great job in the half court set and have ray allen who always seems to get open.

so...

i have the bulls getting to the second round with catious optimism on them getting past that. your results may vary
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

Anything less than the 3rd seed would be a major dissapointment. if you remember your nba seeding rules, the division winners are seeded 1,2 and 3 based on record.

my preseason top 5 were

Miami
    Boston
    Chicago
    Orlando
    Atlanta

and than everybody else.

right now it's

Boston
    Miami
    Chicago
    Orlando
    New York
    Atlanta
    Indiana
    Milwaukee

so currently, chicago would get atlanta in the first round. chicago hasn't played atlanta yet this season so we don't have alot of history with the new look bulls and the hawks. but, being the optimistic bulls fan i am, i think the bulls could handle the hawks in a 5 game set. it would be a tough match up and might go the full 5.

That would get you miami in teh second round. can the bulls get past Miami. maybe. deng has done a decent job on james thru the years. brewer is athletic enough to stay in front of wade. noah should be able to bang bosh around. could they beat miami? sure. will they? who knows.

i think orlando is a little over rated. bulls should be able to beat that one man team if they stop the ball from flying around the perimeter to the open 3 point shooter. i'd let howard get his and try and stop the 3's, unlike last game where they let howard get his early and the shooters get thiers later.

boston would be a tough beat. they play great defense and Rondo always gives rose fits with his speed and wing span. they also do a great job in the half court set and have ray allen who always seems to get open.

so...

i have the bulls getting to the second round with catious optimism on them getting past that. your results may vary

I like your East picks...

Got any opinions on the West?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    i don't follow the west as much.

you can tell that based on my preseaon picks :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=142518&hilit=+2010+nba

as the team stand today...
    i'm not buying dallas or san antonio. i like san antonio more than dallas. dallas is fraudulent.

it's the lakers and everybody else out west until somebody shows they can beat them in the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i don't follow the west as much.

you can tell that based on my preseaon picks :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=142518&hilit=+2010+nba

as the team stand today...
    i'm not buying dallas or san antonio. i like san antonio more than dallas. dallas is fraudulent.

it's the lakers and everybody else out west until somebody shows they can beat them in the playoffs.

San Antonio can beat LA.

I believe that Utah can too... not saying it'll happen, but I know they've got it in them.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Good double-header tonight on ESPN too:

Celtics @ Knicks <
    much more exciting.
    Blazers @ Mavs
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Celtics @ Knicks <
    much more exciting.
    Blazers @ Mavs

what, did they reschedule the miami cleveland game. :lol:

i'll be watching the Bulls Raptors debacle.

mavs are painful to watch, and i can't stand watching the celtics. KG is such a douche as is pierce. don't care much for rondo either. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Celtics @ Knicks <
    much more exciting.
    Blazers @ Mavs

what, did they reschedule the miami cleveland game. :lol:

i'll be watching the Bulls Raptors debacle.

mavs are painful to watch, and i can't stand watching the celtics. KG is such a douche as is pierce. don't care much for rondo either. :lol:

:roll: :lol:

Boston will beat you in the playoffs. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

get out of here and back to your jazz/celtics/random team thread. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol::lol:

I'm hacking Clippesr gear today.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

He's right though. :twisted:
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

I always forget about the seeding rules for division winners. So I agree, CHI with the 3rd seed. Which should pit them against either MIA or BOS in the 2nd round. Thats a tough road.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

He's right though. :twisted:

i'm not sold on this statement.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    they are talkign Noah thumb injury on the radio. talk is he might have a torn ligament and might need surgery which could result in an 8 week lay off. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I've been leaning towards BOS in the finals. The bulls are a year off I think. As you said, a lot can change before the playoffs. But seeing Boston play when they're in sync is something else. No one else has that chemistry.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    they are talkign Noah thumb injury on the radio. talk is he might have a torn ligament and might need surgery which could result in an 8 week lay off. :?

Which could really mess things up for their seeding. Hope thats not the case.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've been leaning towards BOS in the finals. The bulls are a year off I think. As you said, a lot can change before the playoffs. But seeing Boston play when they're in sync is something else. No one else has that chemistry.

i have to agree.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't think it would change the seeding. they should still be able to win the division which would keep them in the 3rd slot. it could cost them home court tho if they run into a lower seed with a better record. (the nba changed that right?)

the back up center is decent at blocking and rebounding, offense sucks tho. taj can play some center as can kurt thomas in a limited role. outside of boston and orlando, there really aren't many great centers in the east that you need a noah to defend.

it'd be a shame because he had been playing well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't think it would change the seeding. they should still be able to win the division which would keep them in the 3rd slot. it could cost them home court tho if they run into a lower seed with a better record. (the nba changed that right?)

the back up center is decent at blocking and rebounding, offense sucks tho. taj can play some center as can kurt thomas in a limited role. outside of boston and orlando, there really aren't many great centers in the east that you need a noah to defend.

it'd be a shame because he had been playing well.

I hear that Thabeet is available. Maybe they could get him for a hot dog machine and napkins.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    bogans for thabeet, straight up. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    it's official

Noah goes in for surgery tommorrow on the thumb. They expect him to miss 8-10 weeks. :x

Raptors are garbage. it's amazing they win any games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg