Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    I'm not a huge NBA fan... but if they sign Lebron and Chris Bosh... wouldn't they have 3 forwards in their starting lineup? (James, Bosh, and Luol Deng)... a center (Noah) and a Point Guard (Rose)... Who is the shooting guard? Or does James fill that role?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    so you are a Bulls fan on top of your Jazz and Celtic fandomness as well?

Not necessarily, but they aren't a team I dislike.

Would much rather see LeBron be a Bull rather than a Knick.

Also, last summer when we visited for PJ I fell in love with Chicago. Great American city, and I really enjoyed my stay, the atmosphere, and the history.

My girlfriend and I were both interested to see if Gacy's house is still exsisting, and if it's some kind of attraction? I figure it wouldnt' be though...that would be a bit intense...but her fascination with serial killers rubbed off on me, and after watching a film on Gacy before going...I was too curious for my own good. never looked it up though.....

Anyway, back to basketball. :?

I grew up not too far from the Gacy house. I'm pretty sure that house is long-gone. I know for sure there's no tourist attraction or anything like that over there. Some sick shit... I've heard plenty of stories from people who know someone who was invited over to Gacy's house and didn't end up going for one reason or another. Crazy....

the Gacy house was town down shortly after everything was discovered. they built a new house on the property. if you do a little digging on the net, you can find the address and google street view the place.

and if indiffernece gets board, he can swing by old man Budny's place. the house used for the show is in Deerfield.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I'm not a huge NBA fan... but if they sign Lebron and Chris Bosh... wouldn't they have 3 forwards in their starting lineup? (James, Bosh, and Luol Deng)... a center (Noah) and a Point Guard (Rose)... Who is the shooting guard? Or does James fill that role?

I would guess either LBJ or Deng would move to the 2 guard. But with that much talent in your lineup, the coach could pretty much roll the ball on the floor and tell these guys to get after it and they'd be unstoppable.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

sounds like they might trade Deng, if not, he would be the most logical to slide over to the 2
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I would guess either LBJ or Deng would move to the 2 guard. But with that much talent in your lineup, the coach could pretty much roll the ball on the floor and tell these guys to get after it and they'd be unstoppable.

i agree. LBJ is better suited for a forward position, but he is still quick enough to guard the 2
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

sounds like they might trade Deng, if not, he would be the most logical to slide over to the 2

Really? I hadn't heard that... I though Deng was here to stay...

Doesn't Kobe play the 2? If so, I'd think Lebron could play it, too. Certainly you want to put him where he is most comfortable and at his best and go from there...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:

I work in Deerfield right by the Berto Center....should be a lot of action out here next week.

I cant even imagine a team with D-Rose, LBJ, Bosh and Noah.....

I can...playoff contenders! :thumbup:

Seriously now...Kobe needs to be de-throned.

Playoff contender?? I think dynasty is the more likely scenario!!

I dont wanna get too pumped yet though because who knows what will happen with this free agency...

Yeah, there is a lot that can happen.

Wonder if Wade will re-sign with Miami...

I also have a feeling we'll be losing Boozer.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Really? I hadn't heard that... I though Deng was here to stay...

Doesn't Kobe play the 2? If so, I'd think Lebron could play it, too. Certainly you want to put him where he is most comfortable and at his best and go from there...

there has been talk of him going to Orlando for Marcin Gortat and Mickael Pietrus. i don't see this happening.

there is also some rumors that the Bulls could sign James and Joe Johnson and then do a sign and trade with Toronto for Bosh, with Deng and maybe Taj Gibson going to Toronto.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

i don't see Wade going anywhere. at least that has been what they are saying. They have a ton of cap room as well but don't have as many good role players as the Bulls have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i don't see Wade going anywhere. at least that has been what they are saying. They have a ton of cap room as well but don't have as many good role players as the Bulls have.

If they have the cap room, then they most likely intend to pick up some good name free agents. Boozer has been mentioned in the local papers here in the past as having interest in Miami.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    From wikipedia:

On June 5, 2010, Boston Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau reportedly accepted a three-year contract to fill the Bulls' head coaching vacancy. He was officially introduced on June 23, 2010.

Congrats. Tom has been quite the defensive coach. So far you're off to a great start.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Del Negro is going to get the last laugh.....

The Bulls???

No Wade
    No Bosh
    No Lebron

Now what???????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Del Negro is going to get the last laugh.....

The Bulls???

No Wade
    No Bosh
    No Lebron

Now what???????

The Bulls are fucked. Can't blame them for lack of effort though....they did everything they could to lure one of these 3 to come play here.

Hopefully we can at least get Boozer or David Lee plus a shooter like Mike Miller, Kyle Korver or JJ Redick. They gotta do something!!!!!!!
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    I always liked Wade up until this offseason. Now he can go fuck himself. First he bashes the Bulls publicly, about an issue he has no personal experience with, a month before free agency. Then he takes back what he says, has two meetings with the Bulls in Chicago, leads them on for a week, only to resign with Miami.

And today he goes and says how emotional a decision it was for him, how he cries just thinking about saying no to Chicago. Bull-fucking-shit. He then goes on to claim that the deciding factor was, no not his family, or his kids, or his friends, or his hometown, but because Chris Bosh wants to play in Miami! Chris Bosh, the guy who is only considering signing with a team that can provide him with a max deal b/c the media got caught up in all this Lebron free agency hoopla and he really isn't worth that much. Really pisses me off. Are these guys that afraid of MJ's shadow?? Wait.....yes they are.....and as they should be.

Above all, I blame ESPN.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    sign....guess i should turn on the talking head sports radio stations this afternoon to see what the mood is. can't be good.

there is still a good core, but it would be nice to have a 2 guard...any 2 guard. i don't think thre is even one on the roster.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9193

5 players left after Kirk is gone. Can James Johnson play the 2? sigh....time for rebuilding post Jordan, round 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    free agency is getting pretty thin, pretty fast. lebron isn't coming to chicago.

I wouldn't be suprised if boozer signs with utah. Lee doesn't excite me. he was the best player on a bad NY team. beyond that, it's slim pickings. kind of makes you long for the Ben Gordon years. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    free agency is getting pretty thin, pretty fast. lebron isn't coming to chicago.

I wouldn't be suprised if boozer signs with utah. Lee doesn't excite me. he was the best player on a bad NY team. beyond that, it's slim pickings. kind of makes you long for the Ben Gordon years. :(

Yeah, I'd love to hear Gar Forman's back-up plans. Certainly couldn't have been banking on signing Wade or Lebron.....could he?? :roll:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    shit I thought we'd get at least one of Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. I don't think they'd have any interest in Lee with Noah on board for the long-run (apparently). All the other big names have agreements I think (Gay, Nowitzki, Joe Johnson). I guess that leaves JJ Redick and Shaq :lol:
  • Options
    If the Bulls can get Boozer or David Lee plus a 2 guard that can shoot lights out (Korver, Redick or Mike Miller), that wouldnt be so bad. Sure, these aren't the names that get your fan base and the city fired up, but that would be a pretty nice starting 5 and core to build on.
  • Options
    If the Bulls can get Boozer or David Lee plus a 2 guard that can shoot lights out (Korver, Redick or Mike Miller), that wouldnt be so bad. Sure, these aren't the names that get your fan base and the city fired up, but that would be a pretty nice starting 5 and core to build on.

ESPN just reported that da Bulls have come to terms with Boozer, so all is not lost. Could this entice LBJ??? :P

I agree, add a 2 guard and they should be competitive.
  • Options
    So the Bulls signed some guy named Boozer???

AWESOME!!!!

Now we need to sign Snorter and Bonger!!!!!!

The start of a dynasty!!!!
  • Options

yeah it wouldn't be "so bad"... in terms of them getting a playoff bid every year. I wouldn't expect much more than that -- maybe a 2nd round appearance. They wouldn't be one of the top 10 teams in the league, though. Boozer is labeled as "overrated" by nearly every expert... he may be just a role player.

Those guys like Redick and Korver are a dime a dozen.
  • Options

yeah it wouldn't be "so bad"... in terms of them getting a playoff bid every year. I wouldn't expect much more than that -- maybe a 2nd round appearance. They wouldn't be one of the top 10 teams in the league, though. Boozer is labeled as "overrated" by nearly every expert... he may be just a role player.

Boozer is a career 20-10 guy...right???

Or pretty damned close.....right????

He may not lead this team to any Championships...I get that....

But they are much BETTER with him...MUCH BETTER.....right???
  • Options
    I like Boozer. He reminds me of a poor man's Karl Malone. He can do the pick and roll, hit the short/medium jumper and post up. He should be a good player with Rose.

But the Bulls STILL need a 2 guard that can defend. I'd still like to see Miller come back. That would set the front line. I'd also like to see a guard that can shoot the 3 at a 40% clip.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

pretty much. career numbers are 17.2 points and 10.2 boards. career 54.1% field goal shooter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

pretty much. career numbers are 17.2 points and 10.2 boards. career 54.1% field goal shooter.

The Bulls did everything in their power to land any/all of the BIG 3.....But it looks like they will not get any of the 3.......

They tried.....
  • Options

Or pretty damned close.....right????

He may not lead this team to any Championships...I get that....

But they are much BETTER with him...MUCH BETTER.....right???

What I mean is Boozer is a "pick and roll" player. If the Bulls managed to land a Ray Allen or someone else who could spread the floor, they'd look pretty good. The Bulls were forced to run the pick and roll with Noah which isn't Noah's game. Adding a shooter and Boozer is going to make Rose look a lot better next year, but they still aren't as good as:

Miami (even without Lebron)
    Orlando
    Boston
    Atlanta
    Cleveland (if they keep Lebron)
    maybe even New York

I'd say this is a 5/6 seed in the playoffs... which means they'll likely be a 2nd round exit when they play one of the above teams.

Boozer is a nice upgrade, but without one of the "Big 3" they'll just be "decent" team. I was hoping for much more than "decent."
  • Options
    The Bulls will spend another 5-10 years in NBA Hell......

Decent team...
    May win 45-50 games....
    May win a playoff series....
    May even get to the conference finals.....

But they will not win any championships................
  • Options
    they are better than Miami right now. if miami gets lebron, than miami will be better.

miami currently has two good players, two ok players and then nothing. really, nothing. currently have 2 under contract, and two commitments

bulls have a pretty solid line up in Boozer, Deng, and Noah up front with them being backed up by Gibson and James.

backcourt is a major issue unless Rose can play both the point and 2 guard at the same time. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    they are better than Miami right now. if miami gets lebron, than miami will be better.

miami currently has two good players, two ok players and then nothing. really, nothing. currently have 2 under contract, and two commitments

bulls have a pretty solid line up in Boozer, Deng, and Noah up front with them being backed up by Gibson and James.

backcourt is a major issue unless Rose can play both the point and 2 guard at the same time. :lol:

no way they are better than Miami as of today. Deng is soft... I don't know why the Bulls fell in love with him. Noah gives you defense and is a hustle player but hardly a difference maker. I have a hard time Taj Gibson/James Johnson are a selling point for this team being a title contender...

The Bulls cut their own throats at the Guard position and anyone who can stop the pick n roll combo of Rose and Boozer will beat them. That is about half the teams in the East. If they get a decent "2" then they'll be in the top 5/6 teams in the East. They needed Lebron or Bosh or DWade to be title contenders.