Chicago Bulls

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    at least a month...in 2005 his last game was march 31st...last bulls game was may 5th.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    at least a month...in 2005 his last game was march 31st...last bulls game was may 5th.

hmmm. I'm trying to remember if he was ruled out for the entire playoffs in 2005. If he were able to have the surgery and come back before the playoffs, you would think that's the route he would take. Now Deng's wrist and Rose's toe are going to be all we hear about the rest of this season.
    81 wrote:

hmmm. I'm trying to remember if he was ruled out for the entire playoffs in 2005. If he were able to have the surgery and come back before the playoffs, you would think that's the route he would take. Now Deng's wrist and Rose's toe are going to be all we hear about the rest of this season.

i googled and everything seems to come up about this year. :x

i tweeted KC and Stacey king the question...i'm gonna send it to swirsky as well.

don't know if he was ruled out in 05, but he didin't play a single playoff game, but they only lasted 6 or 7 games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Found an article on the tribune...siurces say 3-4 months with surgury...

Guess you gotta try to play if no further damage can happen
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    81 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    I think the injuries might help the Bulls more than hurt them. One, with the brutal schedule this will save some of our starter’s legs. Two, our bench is very deep to begin with and with this extra playing time I think this is going to make them even stronger down the stretch. I guess I'm being the glass is half full guy. But boy are they fun to watch.

yup...

my concern right now is who takes lebron if deng is out?

noah & taj can handle bosh. they say rip has historically done ok on wade, and then you also have brewer you can throw at him.

but outside of deng....we don't really have anybody to handle lebron. i assume brewer would get the call if deng can't go. i was also thinking..perhaps toss noah on him for a couple of plays to see what happens. noah isn't super fast, but he moves his feet well and has the size to cause james trouble. do you bring in Butler? he is suppose to be a good defender...but a rookie that really hasn't played many meaningful minutes? yikes.

i sent KC a tweet last night asking how long deng would be out if he had surgery but haven't seen anything yet.

need to check on the 05 surgery and see how long it took him to recover....they also say alot of nba players play with that injury...and that's it's a pain game...

should be fun.
    The thing is who in the NBA can cover L. James? I think the best bet is just to run him ragged through screens and picks. Just tire him out. I think we will give the Heat a better series this year.
    81 wrote:

I wonder if it makes a difference if it's his non shooting wrist on how much time he is going to miss?
    shadowcast wrote:
    The thing is who in the NBA can cover L. James? I think the best bet is just to run him ragged through screens and picks. Just tire him out. I think we will give the Heat a better series this year.

i would agree, he is a very difficult cover...and i wouldn't send the double team, but you still want to make him work for points...even if that tires out deng to the point where he isn't as effective on offense....which with this team...you really don't need....12-15 points from deng would be more than enoough.

i agree on the bulls giving the heat a steeper challenge. seemed like last year, miami shut down rose which shut down the offesne...this year, we have rip and he seems to have opened things up for everyone. great pick up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    shadowcast wrote:
    81 wrote:

I wonder if it makes a difference if it's his non shooting wrist on how much time he is going to miss?

good question...i don't know if makes a huge difference since you catch with two hands and dribble both right and left. imo..it shouldn't hurt his shooting as much...but as swirk said...i'm not a doctor. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    come on prices...drop
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Finally the Bulls play a decent team....they've been playing nothing but awful teams lately.
    Finally the Bulls play a decent team....they've been playing nothing but awful teams lately.
    Bulls making indiana loook pretty aweful in the second
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Finally the Bulls play a decent team....they've been playing nothing but awful teams lately.
    Bulls making indiana loook pretty aweful in the second

Really nice 2nd quarter. How about Ronnie Brewer??? Great 1st half for him.
    Monster 2nd qtr for wing ding chicken wing.

Nice to see butler get a few minutes although he looked like a deer in headlights.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What a crappy second half
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    What a crappy second half

Yeah, that was a pretty rough performance. Gotta give credit to Indy....they have a pretty nice team. Picking up David West was huge for them.
    Indy reminds me of the bulls from a couple of years ago. they have a nice starting squad and a solid bench and they play D.

Bulls made a few boneheaded plays and weren't hitting open shots.

next up milwaukee....back to the crap teams :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    Indy reminds me of the bulls from a couple of years ago. they have a nice starting squad and a solid bench and they play D.

dont sleep on skiles and the bucks. i think they beat the heat in miami this week?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

dont sleep on skiles and the bucks. i think they beat the heat in miami this week?

milwaukee blows. don't kid yourself. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

milwaukee blows. don't kid yourself. :lol:

they just beat the lakers...not bad.
  • This PA announcer in Miami is so fucking obnoxious.
    This PA announcer in Miami is so fucking obnoxious.
    As does the abc crew...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cant believe Rose missed BOTH free throws....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Cant believe Rose missed BOTH free throws....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvLwSf0Xi8#t=1m10s

deja vu
    Foot

Gun

Shoot

All game long
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    Foot

Gun

Shoot

All game long

34 points on 28 shots?

that was an iverson-like game for d rose
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Foot

Gun

Shoot

All game long

34 points on 28 shots?

should have been 36 points. :x

his floater was on fire yesterday, but his outside shot has looked aweful since he his toe injury.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Foot

Gun

Shoot

All game long

34 points on 28 shots?

should have been 36 points. :x

his floater was on fire yesterday, but his outside shot has looked aweful since he his toe injury.

wednesday night :mrgreen:

hoping the sixers will be back to full strength for that one. i might try to scoop up tickets last minute on stubhub and head down after work
    www.myspace.com
    wednesday night :mrgreen:

hoping the sixers will be back to full strength for that one. i might try to scoop up tickets last minute on stubhub and head down after work

it'll be like the superbowl for you guys. :P

i'm so jealous of your ticket prices...lower bowl, center court area, for under 100 bucks. unreal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'd hate to say "Good Loss" but that was a good loss. I hope this loss fuels us for the playoffs when we play the Heat.
    shadowcast wrote:
    I'd hate to say "Good Loss" but that was a good loss. I hope this loss fuels us for the playoffs when we play the Heat.

ya, it can be good motivation for the playoffs...last yr, the bulls beat the heat 3-1 during the reg season and that didnt translate into the conf finals. maybe itll work out for the bulls this yr like it worked out for the heat last yr.