2010 European Tour Announced (UPDATED)

Comments

• MineMine Posts: 556
    Mine wrote:
    Udine seems to be a big maybe. Most of the press that talks about it mentions the press release from the Polish Universal as the source. Those who actually bothered to do some research got nothing in the sense that nothing has been really decided yet and is more likely that they'll do the Heineken Jammin' Festival if it's going to take place this year (last year it didn't).
    in mestre?
    yeah
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • La storica band di Seattle potrebbe suonare in Piazza Grande il prossimo 8 di luglio. La Good News però per ora non conferma

L'8 di luglio i Pearl Jam potrebbero esibirsi in un'imperdibile data ticinese in Piazza Grande. La storica band di Seattle potrebbe infatti suonare per la prima volta in Ticino nell'ambito di Moon&Stars, manifestazione che dal 2004 anni porta a Locarno i più grandi nomi della scena rock e pop mondiale.

La settima edizione di Moon& Stars avrà luogo dall’8 al 18 luglio. La Good News di André Béchir, il promotore di eventi e concerti zurighese che organizza il festival internazionale locarnese, lo scorso mese di dicembre ha infatti siglato un accordo con il sindaco di Locarno Carla Speziali per riproporre la manifestazione per cinque nuove edizioni.

Il concerto locarnese è stato anticipato dall'etichetta discografica della band, la Universal, sul suo sito polacco. I Pearl Jam, secondo queste indiscrezioni, saranno inoltre impegnati nelle seguenti tappe: 1°luglio all’Heineken Opener Festival di Godynia in Polonia, il 3 al Main Square Festival di Arras in Francia, il 4 al RockWerchter Festival di Werchter in Belgio, il 6 allo Stadio Friuli di Udine, il 9 a Bilbao in Spagna al BBK Live Festival e il 10 all’Alive Festival di Lisbona in Portogallo.

Se nel web - sui siti musicali italiani e sui blog di fans dei Pearl Jam - c'è grande fermento, dalla Good News però per ora non arriva nessuna ufficialità. "Non possiamo confermare questa notizia", ci dicono stamane da Zurigo. "Possiamo però dire che il programma sarà reso noto in una conferenza stampa che si terrà a fine febbraio. E che quest'estate Moon&Stars durerà circa 10 giorni e avrà fino ad un massimo di 10 concerti".

Ma quello che sembra certo è che se la band americana potrà davvero festeggiare proprio a Locarno i suoi primi vent’anni di carriera, culminati con l’ultimo album “Back Spacer”, in Piazza Grande s'annuncia già sin d'ora il pienone.

Unfortunately i can't read Italian properly... but it's just rumours... would be fantastic, Pearl Jam in Locarno ...... The venue is somehow similar to the concert in Pistoia 2006
  • puschnije wrote:
    Unfortunately i can't read Italian properly... but it's just rumours... would be fantastic, Pearl Jam in Locarno ...... The venue is somehow similar to the concert in Pistoia 2006
    get.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • as i said before.... this venue is a must for a band like Pearl Jam!!One of the rare special places in Switzerland for concerts.

but I think is not realistic.... 8.7 Locarno, 9.7 Spain & 10.7 Portugal.... would be a bit of a rush...
  • puschnije wrote:
    as i said before.... this venue is a must for a band like Pearl Jam!!One of the rare special places in Switzerland for concerts.

but I think is not realistic.... 8.7 Locarno, 9.7 Spain & 10.7 Portugal.... would be a bit of a rush...

Hell of a rush, and thats why I dont think they will play Glastonbury either. Dublin 22.6, Belfast 23.6, Hard Rock 25.6, Glastonbury 26.6 and Nijmegen 27.6.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Scotland?

Stone Gossard promises a special show, "where you will think of what happened in his time"
    This year, Pearl Jam, celebrating its 20th anniversary. In this context, GAFFA Pearl Jam expert Henrik Tuxen - author of "The Pearl Jam Footsteps" - made a marathon interview with guitarist Stone Gossard. Here speaks Gossard and Tuxen among others, on an upcoming concert in Denmark, and Tuxen pose the following questions:

There was great speculation in Denmark, since I announced your tour schedule for summer 2010. There was a hole in the calendar on 1 July, Roskilde Festival starts, but it is so filled now with a concert in Poland. So I come not to Roskilde?

- No, we do not. We looked at various options, we had to tour. We do not want to tour more than three weeks longer, we will not be away from our families and normal lives. We looked at places we had not been long. We need to Ireland where we have not played in many years, and we must play in Belfast for the first time. We're going to Scotland for the first time in a long time. It was the dates that gave the most money, and it was what could best be done. We should also pay bills at home. But we come back to Denmark again, and it will be a special show again, I am sure where you want to think about what happened in his time.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    They won't play 3 days in a row in 3 different countries. That's for sure. So july 8th does not make sense.

You are talking about Heineken Jammin' Festival but the only avaliable dates for the band are 6 and 7. A tuesday and a wednesday. I've never seen a festival like that with dates on those days. They usually run from thursday to sunday or less.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Scotland?

Stone Gossard promises a special show, "where you will think of what happened in his time"
    This year, Pearl Jam, celebrating its 20th anniversary. In this context, GAFFA Pearl Jam expert Henrik Tuxen - author of "The Pearl Jam Footsteps" - made a marathon interview with guitarist Stone Gossard. Here speaks Gossard and Tuxen among others, on an upcoming concert in Denmark, and Tuxen pose the following questions:

There was great speculation in Denmark, since I announced your tour schedule for summer 2010. There was a hole in the calendar on 1 July, Roskilde Festival starts, but it is so filled now with a concert in Poland. So I come not to Roskilde?

- No, we do not. We looked at various options, we had to tour. We do not want to tour more than three weeks longer, we will not be away from our families and normal lives. We looked at places we had not been long. We need to Ireland where we have not played in many years, and we must play in Belfast for the first time. We're going to Scotland for the first time in a long time. It was the dates that gave the most money, and it was what could best be done. We should also pay bills at home. But we come back to Denmark again, and it will be a special show again, I am sure where you want to think about what happened in his time.

Wha?!?! Where did this come from?!
  • DavieB wrote:
    Scotland?

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/36517
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I'm hoping someone can give me some tips on where is best/cheapest to stay in Berlin for the show. Which is the nearest airport to the venue?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    DavieB wrote:
    Scotland?

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/36517

Wow cool thanks... I wonder if/why they changed their plans...?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    The Rock wrote:
    I'm hoping someone can give me some tips on where is best/cheapest to stay in Berlin for the show. Which is the nearest airport to the venue?

Hiya,
    There is a thread in Given to Fly with some good info and tips -
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119719&hilit=berlin
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Udine!!!
    Adding that to out summer tour plans for this year. Hope it is true. :D:D:D

I really hope so but it's nothing offical yet :( at least 1 show in Italy pleeeeeeeease!!!!!
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • OMG

Can't stand the waiting for the July 6 TBD.
    Making plans as I write.
    Go South to Italy from Germany or...

UGH.
    Hold On
  • EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    I already have some tickets for Hyde Park, but a few tickets for Belfast just randomly appeared on Ticketmaster earlier, and I felt compelled to snap up a couple of those as well...

Saw them for the first time at the O2 last year; this will be my first time travelling to see 'em. It's gonna be a slippery slope from here, I can tell!

Can't wait!
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • let me say... sorry but the Italian press is unreliable! many news based on forums or other rumors! it's incredible, I can become a journalist too, staying in front of the computer all the day and surfing the net...yeah! good job! :?

http://corrieredelveneto.corriere.it/ve ... 2836.shtml

the last one gives PJ @ Heineken Jamming Festival in Venice,but it's incompatible with the tour dates! (3 and 4 July PJ will be in France and Belgium and 11 July in Portugal) but it's a news full of "maybe", "perhaps", "It could be..."
    so...nothing new sorry! :(

• RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Universal Music Poland has always been reliable when it was about secrets and rumours...I mean at least 4 or 5 months earlier the 2007 Chorzow show had publicity before official announcement and this tour the dates of their list have turned out to be true as well...I am pretty sure Udine is no exception but the waiting drove me mad of course ;)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • everything here in italy seems to say it will be on venice for a festival
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • everything here in italy seems to say it will be on venice for a festival
    mmm :| the HJF on Tuesday?

• i heard on our forum it could also be a venue only for pj in the festival...don't know how
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • i heard on our forum it could also be a venue only for pj in the festival...don't know how

I hope they will come to Italy! for me it's enough! :D

• BustioBustio Posts: 6
    No news?
    Sometimes I rise sometimes I fall...
  • Hmm.... Again just in northern Germany - not in the south at all. However, still trying to save enough money to get there ;) Finally, this would be my first ever PJ live show. And I so wanna see them... I'd love to see them at Rock im Park!!
  • anybody knows about Southamerican tour?? :mrgreen:
    I got memories i got shit
  • Still got 1 question:

How long do you think there will be tickets available for the Berlin show??
  • Wild guess, but last year there was tickets available 6 weeks before the concert.
  • Wild guess, but last year there was tickets available 6 weeks before the concert.

Alright thanks!! I just wanted to make sure (or at least as sure as somehow possible) that there will still be tickets available in March, as I won't have the money in February.
  • Stonerlady wrote:
    Wild guess, but last year there was tickets available 6 weeks before the concert.

Alright thanks!! I just wanted to make sure (or at least as sure as somehow possible) that there will still be tickets available in March, as I won't have the money in February.
    find money now.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Stonerlady wrote:
    Wild guess, but last year there was tickets available 6 weeks before the concert.

find money now.. 8-)

Trying hard!!! Can they be paid for with credit card? :oops:
  • Stonerlady wrote:
    Trying hard!!! Can they be paid for with credit card? :oops:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118611&start=0
    see the link for pre-sales in the euro tour thread ..with credit card
This discussion has been closed.