*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

imalive said:

pretenders. I bow down.

The Sixers are really one of the worst NBA teams ever assembled. It's a shame they won as much as they did early in the season.
    yeah they could have contended for worst record in a season, 9-73.

i agree.

did you see what wiggins did yesterday? wow--he is going to be such a stud in the nba
    he had what like 41 points or something?

his J and handle need a lot of work ... not sure how his game will translate in the nba
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    only 10 more consecutive losses from the record! :D =D>
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    And the Bucks won tonight!!

Can the Sixers catch the Bucks?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pelicans have won 3 in a row and are now 4.5 games behind (ahead?) of the jazz for the 5th spot with 19 games left. i think we are looking good on that front at this point...
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Bucks blew it last night or they just Buck'd it!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

pelicans have won 3 in a row and are now 4.5 games behind (ahead?) of the jazz for the 5th spot with 19 games left. i think we are looking good on that front at this point...

i guess in reality - they have too much talent on that team to tank without it being obvious ... 2 picks in the top 10 plus cap room ... that should get you back soon ... especially in the eastern conference ..
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

Bill Simmons the Sixers tanking. thought it was an interesting read.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-bag-volume-2-10-steps-to-tanking-perfection/

good read ... totally agree ... it's a total disgrace that the Raptors are 3rd in the east right now ... although at least they are trying ... while some teams are in a playoff position when they don't even want to be ...

the NHL has it right ... best league hands down ... any team that makes the playoffs of which like only like 5 or 6 don't have a chance ... can win the cup ...
    MLB is the best. Any team that makes the playoffs can win it all.

NHL loses points since you can't hit anyone or fight anymore. Still trying to figure out why lecavalier got tossed on wednesday night. Terrible
    uhhh ... ya ... but only a few teams make the playoffs in the mlb and it's usually the same teams ... sooo ... no, mlb is the worst ...
    Might want to double check that. Just last year the pirates made the playoffs. MLB has most parity of all the major sports...especially if you're talking about championship winning franchises. It's really not close
    Sixers gotta take wiggins if they win the lottery (or if he's there whenever they end up picking). I know parker looks good, but we all remember what happened the last time they took a mormon with the second overall pick.

Keep losing boys!! This is the best season the sixers have had since '83
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-bag-volume-2-10-steps-to-tanking-perfection/

good read ... totally agree ... it's a total disgrace that the Raptors are 3rd in the east right now ... although at least they are trying ... while some teams are in a playoff position when they don't even want to be ...

the NHL has it right ... best league hands down ... any team that makes the playoffs of which like only like 5 or 6 don't have a chance ... can win the cup ...

NHL loses points since you can't hit anyone or fight anymore. Still trying to figure out why lecavalier got tossed on wednesday night. Terrible
    uhhh ... ya ... but only a few teams make the playoffs in the mlb and it's usually the same teams ... sooo ... no, mlb is the worst ...
    Might want to double check that. Just last year the pirates made the playoffs. MLB has most parity of all the major sports...especially if you're talking about championship winning franchises. It's really not close
    there are like 3 teams in the nhl that haven't been in the postseason in the past 5 years or longer ... that jumps to like 8 teams in mlb ... but forget about that ... only a third of the teams make the postseason and for 2 of those teams it's a 1 and done ...

and there is no way you can compare parity when you look simply at wins and losses ... there are only a few teams out of the playoff race in the nhl ... by july - most of the teams are out of it in baseball ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited March 2014
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

there are like 3 teams in the nhl that haven't been in the postseason in the past 5 years or longer ... that jumps to like 8 teams in mlb ... but forget about that ... only a third of the teams make the postseason and for 2 of those teams it's a 1 and done ...

and there is no way you can compare parity when you look simply at wins and losses ... there are only a few teams out of the playoff race in the nhl ... by july - most of the teams are out of it in baseball ...
    While I agree the NHL has parity ... but you can't compare it to the other 3 major sports leagues, the NHL is the only one that awards a team a point for losing in OT or the ridiculous shootout. Something says that if baseball and the NBA awarded something for extra time losses things might look different ... however I think the NHL should award 2 points for win and 1 for a tie and 0 for losses and abandon those ridiculous shootouts ... without that extra point things would look different, very different.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    this argument is boring. any team which makes the MLB playoffs can win it all. only a handful of the NHL playoff teams can win it all. No one is picking the blue jackets to win it all if they get the 8 seed in the east this year.

anyway, I'm sure we can agree that the nba is by far the worst. haha
    The Fixer said:

this argument is boring. any team which makes the MLB playoffs can win it all. only a handful of the NHL playoff teams can win it all. No one is picking the blue jackets to win it all if they get the 8 seed in the east this year.

anyway, I'm sure we can agree that the nba is by far the worst. haha

the kings won with an 8th seed the other year and the flyers also made a big run while barely squeaking in ... in mlb last year ... it so happens the 2 teams with the highest regular season winning pct happened to meet in the world series ... and if there are only 10 (really 8) that make it so sure their odds are better than 16 teams ...

yes ... nba is the worst ...
    half of the kings team was hurt that year and they also added richards and carter down the stretch. they're an aberration as an 8 seed. they didnt sneak up on anyone. the flyers were the 7 seed...and a fluke.

love how you take examples from the past 5 years of NHL and only last year in MLB. nice
    The Fixer said:

half of the kings team was hurt that year and they also added richards and carter down the stretch. they're an aberration as an 8 seed. they didnt sneak up on anyone. the flyers were the 7 seed...and a fluke.

love how you take examples from the past 5 years of NHL and only last year in MLB. nice

feel free to add your own backup ... the parity in the nhl isn't by chance ... you don't have the discrepancies in payroll like you do in baseball ... although, spending doesn't necessarily translate into success all the time ... for the most part it does ... is it any wonder the red sox and yanks have been in the postseason so often in the past decade?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    the parity in the NHL is because it's the only major NA sport that awards points for losses. In the East you take away Ottawa, Detroit, Washington and New Jersey's single point for a loss and suddenly those teams are not really bubble teams, same for the west 3 of the for teams are not bubble teams and Chicago would not b near as high in the standings.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

the parity in the NHL is because it's the only major NA sport that awards points for losses. In the East you take away Ottawa, Detroit, Washington and New Jersey's single point for a loss and suddenly those teams are not really bubble teams, same for the west 3 of the for teams are not bubble teams and Chicago would not b near as high in the standings.

dude ... you still have to tie a team in regulation to get the point ... if you took out everyone's OT losses - the sens would only be 10 pts out of a playoff spot ... not great but not out of it ... there would only be like 3 teams out of the picture now ... compare that to baseball with 2/3rds of the season done - what percentage of teams would you say are out of playoff contention? ... a lot more ...

and really - who cares if the NHL awards a point for OTL ... if that contributes to the parity ... so be it ... you can't tell me that on any given night - most teams in the nhl don't have a shot against another team ... frig ... the sabres (the worst team in the nhl) recently beat Tampa Bay and only lost 2-1 to Chicago ... despite dumping all their best players ...
    Why are we talking about hockey?
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I don't blame the Sixers, losing badly is one of the quickest ways to get better in this NBA today.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited March 2014
    g under p said:

I don't blame the Sixers, losing badly is one of the quickest ways to get better in this NBA today.

Peace

...well except if this was last year...or most years in between the lebron draft and this upcoming one...

either way, the nba stinks.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

only 10 more consecutive losses from the record! :D =D>

9 now :-bd
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    20 in a row! =D>
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    22 in a row! =D>
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    and every other team is throwing a win here and there ...
    polaris_x said:

except for Milwaukee still 2 games ahead of them :))
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    g under p said:

Peace

Actually it's the only way to get better. Some people here have been saying this for years...even when this team was drafting busts like evan turner

polaris_x said:

except for Milwaukee still 2 games ahead of them :))
    Boom
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Parker is gonna go back to Duke. We won't get the #1 pick. This yr of sucking will be for nothing is my fear.
    Go Birds!!!!

Parker is gonna go back to Duke. We won't get the #1 pick. This yr of sucking will be for nothing is my fear.

Yea, that would be the Sixers LUCK: Parker AND Emid will return to school. They better hurry up and catch the Bucks>LOL!!

cutz said:

Yea, that would be the Sixers LUCK: Parker AND Emid will return to school. They better hurry up and catch the Bucks>LOL!!

to suffer through this season and not end up with jabari or wiggins would be such a kick to the nuts, i can't even imagine. parker looked like shit yesterday day though.
    www.myspace.com

cutz said:

to suffer through this season and not end up with jabari or wiggins would be such a kick to the nuts, i can't even imagine. parker looked like shit yesterday day though.
    You're right, if the Sixers don't get Embid, Wiggins or Parker( he did have a rough game) they will have another season like this one next year.

I want to see them get one of those players and whatever they can get with the Pelicans pick in this years draft.