*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I thought the ceremony was really cool. I was never a huge Knicks fan and I loved Iverson. My old man did to and we went to a few sixers games to see him play. He is also a small part of the reason I moved to Philly.

I really hope he can keep his life together
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

That was pretty fucking cool...Harris could have gotten him a bigger boat though.

The AI stuff was great. What is Harris' title? He wears a fucking hoodie and cargo pants? How does he speak over Croce? He was the worst part. It was pretty cool that John Wall had his picture taken in front of the AI banner after the game.

How much would you pay to fishing with AI?
    :))

We also need NO to win a few games here and there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JK_Livin said:

That was pretty fucking cool...Harris could have gotten him a bigger boat though.

The AI stuff was great. What is Harris' title? He wears a fucking hoodie and cargo pants? How does he speak over Croce? He was the worst part. It was pretty cool that John Wall had his picture taken in front of the AI banner after the game.

How much would you pay to fishing with AI?
    :))

We also need NO to win a few games here and there.
    yeah...i've really liked what harris has done since he bought the team. but every time he talks it is pretty awkward.

i am getting a little nervous about the pelicans too. jrue is out for the year and they've lost 7 in a row. only 3 losses behind the 5th pick right now.

http://www.tankingforwiggins.com/
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Saturday night was glorious.

They gave him a boat......a fucking bass boat. Awww man, being stoned for that nonsense was the best.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there is no way the pelicans are gonna lose that draft pick this year ...
    polaris_x said:

I have no idea how this works, but aren't only the first 5 or 6 picks protected?

polaris_x said:

I have no idea how this works, but aren't only the first 5 or 6 picks protected?
    I believe NO's pick is top five protected. If they wind up with a top 5 pick, they get to keep it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

polaris_x said:

I believe NO's pick is top five protected. If they wind up with a top 5 pick, they get to keep it.
    Right - and they're like 9th now, correct? Here's hoping they fall to 6th...

JK_Livin said:

polaris_x said:

But it's not where they finish, it's the pick I believe. If they finish 6th but then move up because their ball was picked, I think they keep the pick. I'd rather them have less ping pong balls.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

polaris_x said:

But it's not where they finish, it's the pick I believe. If they finish 6th but then move up because their ball was picked, I think they keep the pick. I'd rather them have less ping pong balls.
    Ahhhhhh, so like usual, this whole thing is pretty stupid.

So, yeah, less balls, draw 6th in the lottery...or whatever.

God, the NBA is stupid.

And I love this city - booed the shit out of everyone at the AI ceremony.
    the pelicans pick is top 5 protected i believe ... they are like 10th now but they are on a free fall ... if they start doing well - they will hold unibrow out ... they only have like 3 more wins than the celtics ...
    polaris_x said:

the pelicans pick is top 5 protected i believe ... they are like 10th now but they are on a free fall ... if they start doing well - they will hold unibrow out ... they only have like 3 more wins than the celtics ...

....so what you're sayin is I'm a Pelicans fan the rest of the way...

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

basically you want them to get the 6th pick ... also, in a way you want the other team that are tanking to continue to tank as well ... but not so bad that they overtake your team in the loss column ... haha
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    15 in a row now. what's the record for most consecutive losses in a season?

edit: looked it up, 26 by the Cavs a few years back.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pelicans win! ...

26 is the loss record I believe ...
    polaris_x said:

pelicans win! ...

26 is the loss record I believe ...

nice.

i love how the knicks season is such a disaster and they can't even capitalize on their high pick. that carmello trade was such a train wreck for them. so after he opts out, they will be left with no star player and no lottery pick in this once in a generation draft. hahaha
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    your boys are showing the rest of us how it's done. that said, the jazz have just piled up impressive losses to cleveland, milwaukee and washington. then again, you're IN THE EAST and still manage to lose night in and night out.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited March 2014
    imalive said:

your boys are showing the rest of us how it's done. that said, the jazz have just piled up impressive losses to cleveland, milwaukee and washington. then again, you're IN THE EAST and still manage to lose night in and night out.

the jazz are in good shape at this point. randle might be available at 5.
    www.myspace.com
    both lakers and C's in the lottery ... i smell foul play ... hahaha
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Bill Simmons the Sixers tanking. thought it was an interesting read.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-bag-volume-2-10-steps-to-tanking-perfection/
    pjhawks said:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-bag-volume-2-10-steps-to-tanking-perfection/

good read ... totally agree ... it's a total disgrace that the Raptors are 3rd in the east right now ... although at least they are trying ... while some teams are in a playoff position when they don't even want to be ...

the NHL has it right ... best league hands down ... any team that makes the playoffs of which like only like 5 or 6 don't have a chance ... can win the cup ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

good read ... totally agree ... it's a total disgrace that the Raptors are 3rd in the east right now ... although at least they are trying ... while some teams are in a playoff position when they don't even want to be ...

the NHL has it right ... best league hands down ... any team that makes the playoffs of which like only like 5 or 6 don't have a chance ... can win the cup ...
    MLB is the best. Any team that makes the playoffs can win it all.

NHL loses points since you can't hit anyone or fight anymore. Still trying to figure out why lecavalier got tossed on wednesday night. Terrible
    if we can lose to you fuckers and end an 0-6 roadie, my faith will be restored! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pretenders. I bow down.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

pretenders. I bow down.

The Sixers are really one of the worst NBA teams ever assembled. It's a shame they won as much as they did early in the season.
    www.myspace.com

imalive said:

pretenders. I bow down.

The Sixers are really one of the worst NBA teams ever assembled. It's a shame they won as much as they did early in the season.
    yeah they could have contended for worst record in a season, 9-73.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

imalive said:

pretenders. I bow down.

i agree.

did you see what wiggins did yesterday? wow--he is going to be such a stud in the nba
    www.myspace.com

imalive said:

pretenders. I bow down.

i agree.

did you see what wiggins did yesterday? wow--he is going to be such a stud in the nba
    he had what like 41 points or something?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

MLB is the best. Any team that makes the playoffs can win it all.

NHL loses points since you can't hit anyone or fight anymore. Still trying to figure out why lecavalier got tossed on wednesday night. Terrible
    uhhh ... ya ... but only a few teams make the playoffs in the mlb and it's usually the same teams ... sooo ... no, mlb is the worst ...