*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    i can't stand Smith. pompous ass

agreed. he knows basketball though.

not that i ever had much respect for his loud mouth, but during the 04 Stanley Cup playoffs he was bashing hockey pretty hard on espn. one of the other talking heads (stu or wilbon) asked if he had ever been to a playoff game. nope. obviously, we all know that a hockey playoff game is one of the greatest sporting events around. anyways, lots of poeple know basketball and i turn the tv any time that clown is on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    81 wrote:

And it's the only sport he knows. I'm sick of him chiming in on all the rest.

Things must be rough for him if he had to leave TV and come back to the Inquirer. So wish he was out of this city - again.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    he's not on ESPN anymore? good. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    he's not on ESPN anymore? good. :lol:

Not that I know of - or at least not as much. And thank God that shitty show of his is gone as well.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    espn insider is saying it's a lock that the sixers are taking turner. so everyone can chill
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

not that i ever had much respect for his loud mouth, but during the 04 Stanley Cup playoffs he was bashing hockey pretty hard on espn. one of the other talking heads (stu or wilbon) asked if he had ever been to a playoff game. nope. obviously, we all know that a hockey playoff game is one of the greatest sporting events around. anyways, lots of poeple know basketball and i turn the tv any time that clown is on.

he should legally not be allowed to talk about anything not nba basketball related.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i love listening to doug collins talk about this team and this city...perfect fit for this team. he all but said turner's the guy tomorrow night unless some team overwhelms them with a trade offer....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I suspect Collins lasts 3 years max.

Go Buckeyes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I suspect Collins lasts 3 years max.

Go Buckeyes

sweet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    won't be long now.

anyone else think it's funny that collins/stefanski keep saying brand can play the 5? He can't even play the 4. This team might not get a rebound all season
    The Fixer wrote:
    won't be long now.

anyone else think it's funny that collins/stefanski keep saying brand can play the 5? He can't even play the 4. This team might not get a rebound all season

well its not like we're contending for a title this year...hopefully they are able to pull the trigger and get one of these extra swingmen out of here for a rebounding power forward...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And everything is right in the world.
    The Fixer wrote:
    won't be long now.

well its not like we're contending for a title this year...hopefully they are able to pull the trigger and get one of these extra swingmen out of here for a rebounding power forward...

good point about the potential trade. I am just a sucker for potential/upside/whatever you want to call it. turner looks like he's the safe pick. he should be a good NBA player. Favors looks like he could be the superstar. and he plays a position the sixers desperately need. I don't know...like I said, I'm indifferent. I see the reasoning for both players. I'd be more excited about the upside pick though. like jeags said, they aern't winning shit for a while anyway. building around a big guy, holiday, and thad sounds appealing to me.

I do like collins though. he's not gonna let them play like pussies. which is why I don't understand getting hawes, a 7 footer that shoots threes

this team is gonna be right back where they started....500 and a 7-8 playoff seed. just good enough to make playoffs and not bad enough to get better. luckily I think the NBA sucks, so I won't care that much
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    81 wrote:
    well he is from nyc so that shoulda been your first and only clue he's a pompous ass

lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    won't be long now.

good point about the potential trade. I am just a sucker for potential/upside/whatever you want to call it. turner looks like he's the safe pick. he should be a good NBA player. Favors looks like he could be the superstar. and he plays a position the sixers desperately need. I don't know...like I said, I'm indifferent. I see the reasoning for both players. I'd be more excited about the upside pick though. like jeags said, they aern't winning shit for a while anyway. building around a big guy, holiday, and thad sounds appealing to me.

I do like collins though. he's not gonna let them play like pussies. which is why I don't understand getting hawes, a 7 footer that shoots threes

this team is gonna be right back where they started....500 and a 7-8 playoff seed. just good enough to make playoffs and not bad enough to get better. luckily I think the NBA sucks, so I won't care that much

when you win 27 games, you have to take the best player available. i think they did that with turner. i've heard experts compare him to paul pearce. i'll take that any day of the week.

and i'm tired of them always taking these 19 year old kids too. i like the fact that this guy's 21 and has had a few years of seasoning in college. he seems like he has a good head on his shoulder and is more mature than the other guys.

hopefully they make another trade....but yeah, i see them around 40 wins again......the difference is we got a good coach, a potential big time player with turner, no more cancer at the center position.....moving in the right direction. if we make the right moves, i think we're a couple years removed from seriously contending.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

when you win 27 games, you have to take the best player available. i think they did that with turner. i've heard experts compare him to paul pearce. i'll take that any day of the week.

and i'm tired of them always taking these 19 year old kids too. i like the fact that this guy's 21 and has had a few years of seasoning in college. he seems like he has a good head on his shoulder and is more mature than the other guys.

hopefully they make another trade....but yeah, i see them around 40 wins again......the difference is we got a good coach, a potential big time player with turner, no more cancer at the center position.....moving in the right direction. if we make the right moves, i think we're a couple years removed from seriously contending.

40 wins might be a little optimistic don't you think? like I said, they might not get a rebound all season. and their interior defense is just going to be horrendous

I laugh every time I hear them say brand can play the 5. my buddy calls him elton stand because he can't jump over a credit card. he gets his shot blocked more than any player I've ever seen (except maybe charles smith vs the bulls).

gonna be tough to win 40 games without anyone capable getting a rebound. we shall see
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The 76ers are about as relevant as this guy:

thomas-ewing-image1.gif
    GoiMTvP.gif
    The 76ers are about as relevant as this guy:

thomas-ewing-image1.gif

This coming from a fan of the New Jersey Nyets. That's gold, Jerry - gold.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

40 wins might be a little optimistic don't you think? like I said, they might not get a rebound all season. and their interior defense is just going to be horrendous

I laugh every time I hear them say brand can play the 5. my buddy calls him elton stand because he can't jump over a credit card. he gets his shot blocked more than any player I've ever seen (except maybe charles smith vs the bulls).

gonna be tough to win 40 games without anyone capable getting a rebound. we shall see

not in the east. they would have won about that much last year had they had a coach who knew what he was doing.

they were a 40-43 win team up until last year. collins and turner give us 10-13 more wins.

plus, i'm assuming they make another move to acquire someone who can rebound.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

not in the east. they would have won about that much last year had they had a coach who knew what he was doing.

they were a 40-43 win team up until last year. collins and turner give us 10-13 more wins.

Don't get too amused with the idea of the East being a bunch of schleps for much longer. Chicago, Miami, or the Nyets are going to get two max guys while the other one gets Lebron. Which ever two teams gets those two scenarios are going to be the dominant team for a looooong time. Then there's Cleveland and New York going after max guys as well - just not two of them, and not getting Lebron. There's going to be 5 seriously legit teams next year - Chicago, Miami, New Jersey, Cleveland, and Boston will still hang around. I'm convinced whatever the Knicks do they'll end up just fucking it up.
    The Fixer wrote:

Don't get too amused with the idea of the East being a bunch of schleps for much longer. Chicago, Miami, or the Nyets are going to get two max guys while the other one gets Lebron. Which ever two teams gets those two scenarios are going to be the dominant team for a looooong time.

yeah i know...but then cleveland falls off the map. i think i heard bosh is going to miami to be with wade.

i've got to start actively following this league again with sixers on the upside now. i hate the nba but love the sixers. it is a weird dynamic.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Don't get too amused with the idea of the East being a bunch of schleps for much longer. Chicago, Miami, or the Nyets are going to get two max guys while the other one gets Lebron. Which ever two teams gets those two scenarios are going to be the dominant team for a looooong time.

yeah i know...but then cleveland falls off the map. i think i heard bosh is going to miami to be with wade.

i've got to start actively following this league again with sixers on the upside now. i hate the nba but love the sixers. it is a weird dynamic.

I know exactly what you mean. Going to NBA playoffs games when your team is good/legit is phenomenal.

i hate the nba but love the sixers. it is a weird dynamic.

well said, I'm the same way...with hockey and hoops actually. both leagues suck, but I'll always support the local squads.

I thought bosh was going wherever lebron went? think I read that somewhere.

either way, I am not expecting much out of the sixers. that frontcourt is horrid

I know exactly what you mean. Going to NBA playoffs games when your team is good/legit is phenomenal.

yeah...i wasnt in town for the '01 playoffs...but even the '02 and '03 seasons were fun as hell down there at the Corestates...

and yes, i still refer to that bar in there as The Red Bell.
    chinese-happy.jpg

yeah...i wasnt in town for the '01 playoffs...but even the '02 and '03 seasons were fun as hell down there at the Corestates...

and yes, i still refer to that bar in there as The Red Bell.

Best time at a playoff game for me was either '04 or '05 - can't remember what year, but they were playing the Pistons. Everybody thought they were gonna get smoked. A buddy of mine got us in a box, and we had these seats with these big wig CEOs who liked to get drunk(think of those crazy bastards from Houston in Seinfeld). So I remember Rodney Rogers(God rest his soul now) standing out on the perimeter over and over and AI would do nothing but be selfish and take the ball to the rim and miss, and then bitch how he didn't get a foul. I kept standing up and saying "Back it out to Rogers for the FUCKING THREE!!!" over and over and over. FINALLY. They do it and down it goes. After that Rogers went off and every time I would stand up and say "ROGERS FOR THREE!!" And these old rich dudes would go nuts and I was all drunk accidentally pouring beers all over them over and over again, and they didn't seem to care. That was an awesome day.
    Evan Turner uses the word "definitely" more than I use the wordS "dude" and "man". That means he says it A LOT.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I gotta be honest

I haven't sat and watched a Sixers game probably since 2001

Have they won a game since then ?

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I gotta be honest

I haven't sat and watched a Sixers game probably since 2001

Have they won a game since then ?

:lol:

Not since getting that turd Iverson back.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

i said way backc in this thread, it was a bad idea to bring him back.

i would not vote for him for HOF.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i said way backc in this thread, it was a bad idea to bring him back.

i would not vote for him for HOF.

Meh. Bringing him back wasn't a terrible idea. Didn't hurt them and didn't help them. Though the night he came back for his first game, and his press conference, were awesome.

And I don't know if he's got the numbers to be in the hall, but he is/was the single best individual act I ever saw up close in the NBA. Dude is NOT 6 foot and things he could do were ridiculous.

He'll be dead or bankrupt by the time he's 50.