*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Not since getting that turd Iverson back.

i said way backc in this thread, it was a bad idea to bring him back.

i would not vote for him for HOF.

Meh. Bringing him back wasn't a terrible idea. Didn't hurt them and didn't help them. Though the night he came back for his first game, and his press conference, were awesome.

And I don't know if he's got the numbers to be in the hall, but he is/was the single best individual act I ever saw up close in the NBA. Dude is NOT 6 foot and things he could do were ridiculous.

He'll be dead or bankrupt by the time he's 50.

I will agree and say that back in his prime, he was fun to watch...but now I'm leaning towards him being more irrelevant and washed-up.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i said way backc in this thread, it was a bad idea to bring him back.

i would not vote for him for HOF.

Meh. Bringing him back wasn't a terrible idea. Didn't hurt them and didn't help them. Though the night he came back for his first game, and his press conference, were awesome.

And I don't know if he's got the numbers to be in the hall, but he is/was the single best individual act I ever saw up close in the NBA. Dude is NOT 6 foot and things he could do were ridiculous.

He'll be dead or bankrupt by the time he's 50.

I will agree and say that back in his prime, he was fun to watch...but now I'm leaning towards him being more irrelevant and washed-up.

Well, of course. He's a beat up 34/35(?) years old. He should just hang it up, but he's gotta pay his posse, support his dysfunctional family, and support his gambling and drinking habits.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Well, of course. He's a beat up 34/35(?) years old. He should just hang it up, but he's gotta pay his posse, support his dysfunctional family, and support his gambling and drinking habits.

Don't forget getting his hair corn-rowed. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

Don't forget getting his hair corn-rowed. :lol:

Dead or in jail bankrupt by the time he's 50. Probably the last intriguing player - on and off the court - to play in the league.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    ai will definitely be in the hall of fame. he was a dominant player and the most prolific scorer during his prime. end of story.

and the sixers signing him this year didn't help or hurt them. they were not going anywhere anyway. at least he sold them a few more tickets.

he's gotta just walk away now though. talk about tarnishing a legacy....sheesh
    chinese-happy.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. Going to NBA playoffs games when your team is good/legit is phenomenal.

yeah...i wasnt in town for the '01 playoffs...but even the '02 and '03 seasons were fun as hell down there at the Corestates...

and yes, i still refer to that bar in there as The Red Bell.

Best time at a playoff game for me was either '04 or '05 - can't remember what year, but they were playing the Pistons. Everybody thought they were gonna get smoked. A buddy of mine got us in a box, and we had these seats with these big wig CEOs who liked to get drunk(think of those crazy bastards from Houston in Seinfeld). So I remember Rodney Rogers(God rest his soul now) standing out on the perimeter over and over and AI would do nothing but be selfish and take the ball to the rim and miss, and then bitch how he didn't get a foul. I kept standing up and saying "Back it out to Rogers for the FUCKING THREE!!!" over and over and over. FINALLY. They do it and down it goes. After that Rogers went off and every time I would stand up and say "ROGERS FOR THREE!!" And these old rich dudes would go nuts and I was all drunk accidentally pouring beers all over them over and over again, and they didn't seem to care. That was an awesome day.

nice....was that one of the webber years though?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I gotta be honest

I haven't sat and watched a Sixers game probably since 2001

Have they won a game since then ?

:lol:

wow. you are way worse than i am with hockey.

didn't think that was possible
    chinese-happy.jpg
    yeah...i wasnt in town for the '01 playoffs...but even the '02 and '03 seasons were fun as hell down there at the Corestates...

and yes, i still refer to that bar in there as The Red Bell.

Best time at a playoff game for me was either '04 or '05 - can't remember what year, but they were playing the Pistons. Everybody thought they were gonna get smoked. A buddy of mine got us in a box, and we had these seats with these big wig CEOs who liked to get drunk(think of those crazy bastards from Houston in Seinfeld). So I remember Rodney Rogers(God rest his soul now) standing out on the perimeter over and over and AI would do nothing but be selfish and take the ball to the rim and miss, and then bitch how he didn't get a foul. I kept standing up and saying "Back it out to Rogers for the FUCKING THREE!!!" over and over and over. FINALLY. They do it and down it goes. After that Rogers went off and every time I would stand up and say "ROGERS FOR THREE!!" And these old rich dudes would go nuts and I was all drunk accidentally pouring beers all over them over and over again, and they didn't seem to care. That was an awesome day.

nice....was that one of the webber years though?

I think it was his first year here.
    i agree with doug collins. lebron and bosh to miami is actually good for us. we're not winning a championship in the next couple years. we just wanna be contenders. so now, cleveland is worse off and so is toronto. i think chicago is gonna be vastly improved with boozer, but thats about it. stoudamire to the knicks is blah to him. he reminds me a lot of iguadala. nothing special. the celtics are another year older. they're gonna fall off soon.

GO SIXERS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    http://www.the700level.com/2010/07/remi ... .html#more

anyone catch the monday replay? i miss the old spectrum organ...

this seems like a safe bet on the worst night for sports all year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    i agree with doug collins. lebron and bosh to miami is actually good for us. we're not winning a championship in the next couple years. we just wanna be contenders. so now, cleveland is worse off and so is toronto. i think chicago is gonna be vastly improved with boozer, but thats about it. stoudamire to the knicks is blah to him. he reminds me a lot of iguadala. nothing special. the celtics are another year older. they're gonna fall off soon.

GO SIXERS.

amare stoudamire blows

the sixers are still a good ways away from being remote contenders. their frontcourt is the worst in the NBA
    The Fixer wrote:

GO SIXERS.

amare stoudamire blows

the sixers are still a good ways away from being remote contenders. their frontcourt is the worst in the NBA

playoff contenders. in the east, that is not hard to do. we're capable of being a 40+ win team right now. make a trade for someone who can rebound, i don't see why we cant win mid 40's. they won 43 or so just a couple years ago with roughly the same team as last year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

GO SIXERS.

amare stoudamire blows

playoff contenders. in the east, that is not hard to do. we're capable of being a 40+ win team right now. make a trade for someone who can rebound, i don't see why we cant win mid 40's. they won 43 or so just a couple years ago with roughly the same team as last year.

awesome, they will get the 7 or 8 seed and get swept by orlando or miami in round 1. Just good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to make the lottery.

YAY
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

GO SIXERS.

amare stoudamire blows

:lol::lol: riiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

awesome, they will get the 7 or 8 seed and get swept by orlando or miami in round 1. Just good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to make the lottery.

YAY

i don't know what you expect of this team man. winning 13-15 games more than last year with the #2 overall pick in your back court is a pretty good first start for the doug collins regime.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

amare stoudamire blows

shouldn't you be abondoning another team from new york or something?
    chinese-happy.jpg

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

go sixers :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i will say the sixers best moment in the last 10 years happened in oct.......they opened for pearl jam :lol:

go knicks
    chinese-happy.jpg

go knicks

:lol: yea go ny go ny go ..... lmao so lame
    go knicks

:lol: yea go ny go ny go ..... lmao so lame

you and metsy dude. one in the same.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i will say the sixers best moment in the last 10 years happened in oct.......they opened for pearl jam :lol:

respond to my great joke please
    The Fixer wrote:

YAY

i don't know what you expect of this team man. winning 13-15 games more than last year with the #2 overall pick in your back court is a pretty good first start for the doug collins regime.[/quote]

I just thought the dalembert trade was stupid. I would have rather them held onto him and gained cap space than acquire two stiffs...one of which is signed for the next 3 years. They need to trade brand and/or iguodala. Tear this team down and build it back up...just like reid did with the eagles

they're stuck in mediocrity for a while...going nowhere fast
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

YAY

i don't know what you expect of this team man. winning 13-15 games more than last year with the #2 overall pick in your back court is a pretty good first start for the doug collins regime.

I just thought the dalembert trade was stupid. I would have rather them held onto him and gained cap space than acquire two stiffs...one of which is signed for the next 3 years. They need to trade brand and/or iguodala. Tear this team down and build it back up...just like reid did with the eagles

they're stuck in mediocrity for a while...going nowhere fast[/quote]

who's gonna trade for elton brand????

ai...i would like to trade him too. but i also think he will be better this year simply by playing the 3 every night and not taking 10 million 3's this year. he's not a 2. he's a 3.

dalembert--not the best trade in the world. its addition by subtraction. collins didnt want his lazy ass infecting his team this year. i can certainly understand that.
    chinese-happy.jpg

ai...i would like to trade him too. but i also think he will be better this year simply by playing the 3 every night and not taking 10 million 3's this year. he's not a 2. he's a 3.

dalembert--not the best trade in the world. its addition by subtraction. collins didnt want his lazy ass infecting his team this year. i can certainly understand that.

the problem with iguodala playing the 3 is that's where thad should be playing

I'm not as optimistic about this team as you are. I just don't see how they're gonna consistently win games without guys that can rebound or shoot. I'd rather have them play the young bucks, suck, and get another top 10 pick than squeak into playoffs and get smoked
    The Fixer wrote:

the problem with iguodala playing the 3 is that's where thad should be playing

I'm not as optimistic about this team as you are. I just don't see how they're gonna consistently win games without guys that can rebound or shoot. I'd rather have them play the young bucks, suck, and get another top 10 pick than squeak into playoffs and get smoked

i expect them to be around .500. i think thats more realistic than optimistic, but whatever. we're not winning a championship anytime soon. gotta start somewhere dude.

agree about iguadala and thad...only thing is ai gives you MUCH better defense than thad gives you. hopefully they can find some team to take on ai's salary.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    this dude on espn insider has the sixers ranked 25th in the NBA going into the year. he pretty much echoes what my concerns are with this team. pretty much a rudderless ship, stuck in mediocrity which is the worst place to be in my opinion.

The Sixers, coming off a 27-win season, will probably continue to struggle for a while. But the addition of college player of the year Evan Turner and the potential of second-year point guard Jrue Holiday provide hope. With Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young and Lou Williams returning as well, Philly fans can be somewhat optimistic.

The problem, as Sixers fans are well aware, is that GM Ed Stefanski's plan for the team is still a mystery. In recent years Philadelphia has signed Elton Brand to a huge contract, let Andre Miller walk to save money, brought in another expensive veteran in Andres Nocioni, traded away center Samuel Dalembert, hired and fired coach Eddie Jordan, hired a new coach in Doug Collins and made other moves that demonstrate no particular direction. So while the Sixers have an interesting young core, the team is also bogged down by players with bad contracts, is overloaded with overlapping talents and lacks shooting and an inside defensive presence.

Philly also has no real ability to spend until the summer of 2013 and will be just good enough to pick in the late lottery (or lower) each year, significantly hindering its chances of becoming any better in the short term.
    so we open on 10/27 at home against those frauds from miami. me and the crew are talking about getting tix. yeah, it will be a blowout of epic proportions. but it will be fun to boo those clowns and experience the dawn of a new era in sixers basketball. place should be pretty electric........only problem is we have that little dilema of it occuring on the same night as game 1 of the world series :lol: deja vu all over again. this year its not much of a choice. still gonna get the tix and then unload them if the phils have made history by that point...this year has fucking flown by

GO PHILS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm going to get bulls/heat tickets. might get an extra pair to flip. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so we open on 10/27 at home against those frauds from miami. me and the crew are talking about getting tix. yeah, it will be a blowout of epic proportions. but it will be fun to boo those clowns and experience the dawn of a new era in sixers basketball. place should be pretty electric........only problem is we have that little dilema of it occuring on the same night as game 1 of the world series :lol: deja vu all over again. this year its not much of a choice. still gonna get the tix and then unload them if the phils have made history by that point...this year has fucking flown by

GO PHILS!

where did you see the WS schedule?