Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    They just gotta put Franzke and LA on TV, and everything will be cream cheese.

great guy to get bombed with, but I gotta admit I'm not a huge fan of LA as an announcer. Franzke is great though...I'd love to see him on TV. I also think JJ does a great job when he gets a shot to do phils games. Anything is better than mccarthy.

I have no clue about the contract status of the phils guys
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited February 2011
    What do you guys think of Meredith (haven't a clue how to spell her last name)

Found it

6a0120a6dde087970b0133f55d0b1a970b-500wi
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

She'd be a great SAM for the birds
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    The Fixer wrote:

great guy to get bombed with, but I gotta admit I'm not a huge fan of LA as an announcer. Franzke is great though...I'd love to see him on TV. I also think JJ does a great job when he gets a shot to do phils games. Anything is better than mccarthy.

I LOVE LA with Frankzke; they're the perfect mix. Franz calls a great game and I love LA's ability to call people out on the carpet, albeit an opposing player or a Phillie. And love the calls with Franzke building to a crescendo and LA choking on his booze.

Meredith Marakovitz(sic) is a bit of a big girl, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'd give her the business. Nice proportions.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

HaHa!

She is a nice size...I'd climb that tree

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Meredith Marakovitz(sic) is a bit of a big girl, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'd give her the business. Nice proportions.

I think she kinda looks like a man. Just a matter of time before she starts getting plugged by one of the NBA players.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    The Fixer wrote:

HaHa!

She is a nice size...I'd climb that tree

the juggler is a fan
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options

that lead me to nothing....?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The link didn't work ?

• Options

The link didn't work ?

no sir.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

no sir.

hmmm...any whoo its a nice pic of her on her FB page

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    I saw it. Nice FB stalk job, PP! :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    I saw it. Nice FB stalk job, PP! :thumbup: :clap:

:lol: :shh:

• Options
    i'm biased of course, but cunningham is much better on the defensive end than speights. way more of an effort guy too:

Blazers make offer for Speights
    9:08
    AM ETMarreese Speights | 76ers Top EmailComments1 ShareThe Portland Trail Blazers need help at center with all their injuries and Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News reports Marreese Speights is one of their targets.

Reportedly the 76ers were offered Dante Cunningham, who played at Villanova, and a second-round draft pick, but Philadelphia doesn't seem to be interested in that offer.

Portland is actually starting the 6-7 Cunningham at center because Greg Oden is out for the year, Marcus Camby is sidelined after left knee surgery and Joel Przybilla is not playing well since he came back from two surgeries to his knee.

Even though general manager Rich Cho has made only one minor deal so far -- Jerryd Bayless to New Orleans for a first round pick -- many around the league say the Blazers are very active in trade discussions and they are expected to make a move by next Thursday's trade deadline.

Przybilla, Camby and Andre Miller are the likeliest to be dealt, if Cho does make a trade
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,607
    NBA. It's Fantastic! :thumbup: :|
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    NBA. It's Fantastic! :thumbup: :|
    :clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i'm biased of course, but cunningham is much better on the defensive end than speights. way more of an effort guy too:

AM ETMarreese Speights | 76ers Top EmailComments1 ShareThe Portland Trail Blazers need help at center with all their injuries and Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News reports Marreese Speights is one of their targets.

Reportedly the 76ers were offered Dante Cunningham, who played at Villanova, and a second-round draft pick, but Philadelphia doesn't seem to be interested in that offer.

Portland is actually starting the 6-7 Cunningham at center because Greg Oden is out for the year, Marcus Camby is sidelined after left knee surgery and Joel Przybilla is not playing well since he came back from two surgeries to his knee.

Even though general manager Rich Cho has made only one minor deal so far -- Jerryd Bayless to New Orleans for a first round pick -- many around the league say the Blazers are very active in trade discussions and they are expected to make a move by next Thursday's trade deadline.

Przybilla, Camby and Andre Miller are the likeliest to be dealt, if Cho does make a trade

just what the sixers need...another undersized big man :?
  • Options
    I have no idea who Michael Levin is, but he sounds like a genius. Same shit I've been saying all year

http://www.the700level.com/2011/02/stat ... levin.html
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

just what the sixers need...another undersized big man :?

basically subbing one for the other. just this one can and wants to play defense. big difference in my opinion.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    kate fagan on sixers tradeables:

76ers: Deconstructing trade value

With an all-star weekend ahead of us that boasts only one Sixer-included event, Friday night’s T-Mobile Rookie Challenge featuring second-year point guard Jrue Holiday, it’s easy to glance past the next few days of basketball hype and look toward next week’s Feb. 24 NBA Trading Deadline. Yes, that’s right: the final days, hours, and minutes where NBA teams can either bolster their rosters or unload players. Given the Sixers wild ride in the first half of the season, their role in the next week has likely gone from big-time player (think Andre Iguodala trade) to small-time player perhaps looking to make that one perfect deal (think big man). Multiple people have confirmed that certain players who once seemed to be very available have been pulled off the table and that the Sixers now seem prepared to see what they have with this roster as it is.

What follows is an educated breakdown of each player’s likelihood of being traded, as well as any additional information that might be pertinent. At this moment, the Sixers seem to be merely taking and receiving phone calls – traditional exploratory talks, if you will – and are no closer to a deal than no deal. A few GMs explained that there was nothing brewing with the Sixers and labeled them “quiet.” But since most of the fun of this last week of NBA trading frenzy is the possibility of what might be, here you have it:

Jrue Holiday (1%): Just don’t see the Sixers parting with a point guard that Doug Collins believes is blossoming into one of the NBA’s better PGs. At only 20 years old, and playing in the Rookie Challenge, there’s almost no way the Sixers trade him.

Jodie Meeks (7.5%): Although he likely doesn’t have the same protection as Holiday, and though he’s played well, Meeks just doesn’t seem like a guy many teams are going to want to target, nor ask for as an additional player in a combo trade. His salary is low ($672,000) so he wouldn’t bring much in return. He’s filling his role well here on the Sixers, so there’s no reason to trade him.

Lou Williams (3%): Collins loves Williams and, this year, Williams is doing exactly what this team needs: scoring and dragging the offense through rough patches. His contract his reasonable and he’s just too valuable, right now, to trade. The Sixers have no other player like Williams so unless the deal is so sweet and the other team demands Williams as part of the trade, very unlikely he goes anywhere.

Evan Turner (10%): Turner is higher than Williams and Iguodala because he’s not necessarily filling a spot that the Sixers couldn’t fill without him, so if a deal does come along and he’s a necessary piece, you could see him going somewhere. The possibility of trading him still remains unlikely because the Sixers seem intrigued about what Turner might become next year, after a year learning the system and adjusting. They’ve said all along they know Turner blossoms after becoming comfortable and finding his place, therefore it would be surprising if they traded him before seeing what happens when Turner does find his place.

Andre Iguodala (5%): If the Sixers only want basketball value, and they do, then the possibility of trading Iguodala decreases. In addition, with this 40-game surge, and with Iguodala being the team’s defensive catalyst and often its point man on offense, trading Iguodala would be gambling with what Collins has built so far this season. The Sixers were at one time looking to see what they might get for Iguodala, but according to people around the league, that time has passed. Iguodala loves defense, Collins loves defense, and it’s unlikely he’s going anywhere.

Andres Nocioni (25%): Both Andres Nocioni and Jason Kapono are intriguing trade prospects. Neither is playing a crucial role with this team: Nocioni plays sparingly, Kapono never plays. And yet both make enough money to bring back an impact player in return. Coupled together (Kapono’s $6.6 million contract expires after this season, Nocioni has about $6.8 million owed this year and $6.7 million next) they could get the Sixers something on the market – perhaps a big man. The only issue is finding a trading partner, and that’s going to be a difficult task. Many people feel the perfect fit would be Los Angeles Clippers’ big man Chris Kaman ($11.3 million this year), but the Clippers would want more talent than this in return. Another thing to keep in mind, especially with Kapono, is the possibility of a buyout. He’s not going to play here and he wants to play, so keep an eye on the Sixers cutting a deal with Kapono and his agent.

Jason Kapono (25%): See above.

Thaddeus Young (15%): The reason Young’s percentage is bumped a little higher than a few of the other guys is because he intrigues many GMs around the league. He doesn’t start for the Sixers and they didn’t extend him, so there’s almost certainly a lot of inquiry about his availability. The reason his percentage isn’t bumped higher is because, couple with Williams’ off-the-bench scoring, Young gives the Sixers perhaps the best one-two bench combo in the league. The Sixers have very rarely been able to get Lou and Thad playing effectively at the same time. And they are right now.

Elton Brand (5%): Brand would be even lower, except crazy things happen in the NBA and sometimes contenders, or teams that see themselves as contenders, think they just need one final piece to push them over the edge. (If the Orlando Magic were willing to take on Gilbert Arenas’ contract on the off chance he’d return to his old form, then a team might do the same with Brand). Still, unlikely.

Marreese Speights (20%): Speights seems to intrigue other NBA teams because of his limitless potential and scoring ability. In addition, since he’s not getting much burn under Collins, he seems like a reasonable guy about whom to inquire. At Wednesday night’s game against the Rockets, the Portland Trail Blazers had a personnel scout at the game – Portland was interested in Speights – but the Sixers have no interest in that deal. Still, considering his role on this team is limited, and considering the fact he does have some trade value around the league, teams are inquiring about him and will continue to inquire.

Darius Songaila (10%): There’s just not much interest around the league for Songaila. Collins is in the process of seeing if Songaila might be able to provide some valuable minutes down the stretch, so he does hold some small importance for this team. He could be used as a spot-minute defender. Songaila’s contract ($4.8 million) comes off the books after this year, so there might be a team wanting his expiring, which puts his percentage a touch higher than a few of the other guys.

Craig Brackins (5%): Since the Sixers are still in the process of evaluating Brackins themselves, it’s hard to imagine they’d trade him, considering how little value he’d bring in return. If he’s the kick-in to make a deal work, then maybe, but otherwise the Sixers want to see what Brackins might become.

Spencer Hawes (10%): He’s the most confusing name on this list. The Sixers owe him nothing after this season (he has a qualifying offer of around $4 million). And since he’s the starting center for this team, and one recently acquired for Samuel Dalembert, there’s very little chance he’s going anywhere before the trading deadline.

Tony Battie (10%): Collins likely needs Battie to provide some crucial inside minutes down the stretch and in the playoffs, but if some contender comes calling, in need of one last big man, and offers something sweet in return, then you never know. Only problem is, Battie is offering the one thing the Sixers need: inside presence.

Should be an interesting week
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have no idea who Michael Levin is, but he sounds like a genius. Same shit I've been saying all year

you didn't like the article? didn't see any comments, which is unusual for you
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

replying to your own post? you're pretty excited about finding an article that you agree with huh? :? …..well except the part where he says the dalembert trade wasn’t as bad as people think. ;)
    there's plenty of other articles out there from more credible sources voicing the opposite opinion….though I do enjoy reading liberty ballers (blog where levin is from :roll: )

we obviously disagree. shocking! sucks you can't get to see them down in dc. take away the first few weeks of the season when collins was experimenting with rotations to see what he had, this is a team that could win 50 games.

you posted about john hollinger ranking the sixers 25th in the league before the season started and how he also “echoed your concerns” about the team :lol: ……....he now has them ranked 8th. yup. his rankings are more like college rpi than typical power ratings. better gauge for how a team is playing right now than just reading the box scores and looking at the standings. maybe you should check that out.

i'm actually enjoying this bulls/spurs game right now...to tie into the announcer convo from before, dick stockton is a guy i always enjoyed calling a game.

go. sixers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eric snow sleeping during telecast:
    http://www.7thandpattison.com/2011/02/s ... -playoffs/

Zoo: You meditating?

Snow: Naw, I thought I was.. trying to stay awoke. You have some people that, you know, kind of wear on you.

Zoo: I hear you.

Snow: They're gonna get you a little sleepy. So you yougetta you have to get your burst of energy. That's how it is with basketball too.

Zoo: Well listen...

Snow: No, I'm saying sometimes when you hear people talking in the huddle, and they be like blah blah blah and then the game starts and you go OK, time to go.

Zoo: Then you snap to attention...

Snow: It's no different when you're on the sidelines.

:lol:
    good god he is terrible at this
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

replying to your own post? you're pretty excited about finding an article that you agree with huh? :? …..well except the part where he says the dalembert trade wasn’t as bad as people think. ;)
    there's plenty of other articles out there from more credible sources voicing the opposite opinion….though I do enjoy reading liberty ballers (blog where levin is from :roll: )

we obviously disagree. shocking! sucks you can't get to see them down in dc. take away the first few weeks of the season when collins was experimenting with rotations to see what he had, this is a team that could win 50 games.

you posted about john hollinger ranking the sixers 25th in the league before the season started and how he also “echoed your concerns” about the team :lol: ……....he now has them ranked 8th. yup. his rankings are more like college rpi than typical power ratings. better gauge for how a team is playing right now than just reading the box scores and looking at the standings. maybe you should check that out.

i'm actually enjoying this bulls/spurs game right now...to tie into the announcer convo from before, dick stockton is a guy i always enjoyed calling a game.

go. sixers.

you are a blind optimist. I'm a realist. This team is going nowhere
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

go. sixers.

you are a blind optimist. I'm a realist. This team is going nowhere

all you have to do is flip back to the beginning of the thread to see that is incorrect.

and you're a realist who changes his opinion seemingly every time he posts in here :lol:

good talk, russ.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    just watched the e60 on kobe....wow bunch of haters... :lol:

mind you the sixers could have drafted him :roll: :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

i don't think they could have. same thing would have happened with them that happened with charlotte. he wasn't gonna play for any team but the lakers.

he's been a douche since middle school ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

i don't think they could have. same thing would have happened with them that happened with charlotte. he wasn't gonna play for any team but the lakers.

you really think he wouldn't have played for the sixers??????? :? no way
    i can't believe that ...

i understand A I was the 1st pick...but if kobe went 1 to his hometown ...he would have played

the best players are always love em or hate em guys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

you really think he wouldn't have played for the sixers??????? :? no way
    i can't believe that ...

i understand A I was the 1st pick...but if kobe went 1 to his hometown ...he would have played

the best players are always love em or hate em guys

He's not from Philly !!

:evil: