Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    edited February 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    come playoff time in a close game, who takes the big shots for this team? that's my point...they don't have a go to player. you can't win in the NBA without one. or any semblance of a frontcourt presence.

I'm not getting excited about a team that's getting drilled in round 1. again. you're on the wrong bandwagon...you should try watching the flyers before june. they are winning it all this year

81, tix not free

they're laying the seeds dude. putting the pieces in place and letting them grow. they're most likely not winning a playoff series. nobody expects that... :?

you're talking to a die hard. i was a phils fan before they were good and popular. same deal with the birds and sixers. win or lose i'm here. gotta like the improvement with this squad. start watching them when you have the time.

hockey...i'll start watching in may as per usual. not a hockey guy :wave:

love how you keep saying to start watching them even though I've told you a billion times that I do.

unlike you I enjoy watching ALL of the 4 philly teams. see you at the flyers parade this june. make sure you cut the tags off of your gear before you wear it out in public

funny that you're here calling people 'frauds' on this board, then you pretty much admit you're one yourself. also funny that you think you're the only one that liked the philly teams that didn't win. you probably don't remember the days of kevin dineen, dominic rouseel, and claude boivin, but I do. Just like I remember christian welp, shawn bradley, and dana barros. but keep telling us how great of a fan you are...whatever helps you sleep at night

i keep telling you to start watching them because your opinion of them sounds like someone who isn't watching. you also said you can't watch them since you moved or something. if i'm wrong, please accept my deepest apologies. :mrgreen:

and, dude, c'mon with the hockey :lol::lol: . seriously? hockey? i am not a hockey fan and don't pretend to be one. not sure why you keep bringing it up. i never even talk about that sport. but i do remember those guys, sure. i think i'd actually be a fraud if i pretended to be a die hard fan during times like these when they're steam rolling through the league....but, um, i don't, do i?. ;)

i'm just a casual flyer fan who jumps on for a playoff ride and am not afraid to admit it. i'll maybe go to a game every other year or so. to me, it's just a niche sport that i could never get into. but i embrace all casual fans for my sixers, birds, and phils playoff runs. the more the merrier. i just do the same thing with the flyers (but, no, never have i or will i purchase flyer "gear" :lol: ).

go fly guys! :thumbup:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    i can see passing on tix if you gotta pay....i might pass as well. free tix, i'm all over it.

do you get to many bulls games, guy?

how does the united center stack up to the wfc? you've been to our fair city's arena right?
    Typically go to a couple of bulls games each season. I was in your city for the final two spectrum shows and a flyers game.

I would think the uc would be louder only because it holds 5k more poeple. Wachovia ia a nice areana. For hockey, joe louis is the place to be. Great old school areana. Uc is good if you are in the lower two levels. It gets way up there in the third level. Between wc and uc, i would rate them pretty equal for fan expierince.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i can see passing on tix if you gotta pay....i might pass as well. free tix, i'm all over it.

do you get to many bulls games, guy?

how does the united center stack up to the wfc? you've been to our fair city's arena right?
    Typically go to a couple of bulls games each season. I was in your city for the final two spectrum shows and a flyers game.

I would think the uc would be louder only because it holds 5k more poeple. Wachovia ia a nice areana. For hockey, joe louis is the place to be. Great old school areana. Uc is good if you are in the lower two levels. It gets way up there in the third level. Between wc and uc, i would rate them pretty equal for fan expierince.

i always thought chicago stadium looked cool as shit when i was a kid
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well let's see how they compete against the best team in the league tonight...

after tonight the schedule is actually pretty favorable rest of way. about 30 games left...only 12 of those teams have winning records right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    headin down there tonight... the place is gonna be rockin! :)
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i haven't been watching any games ... but what is going on with holiday? ... i know they are running the offence through igoudala but the kid hasn't scored in double digits in ages ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i haven't been watching any games ... but what is going on with holiday? ... i know they are running the offence through igoudala but the kid hasn't scored in double digits in ages ...

he had 15 on tuesday. but other than that and the triple double against the nets he's been struggling this month. i guess it's just getting used to the iguadala move?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    If the Sixers can beat The Spurs tonight I would be very surprised. I like the Sixers and all but to be honest i'm more of a Spurs fan (ever since David Robinson came into the league, plus i like their uniforms :lol: ).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    no letdown game, please! Off to an ok start. Down by 4 at the end of the 1st quarter :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    no letdown game, please! Off to an ok start. Down by 4 at the end of the 1st quarter :?

20 point win...no let down game here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    not that anyone else is paying attention, but take theee night and run motherfuckers... :thumbup: :)

3 sixers with double doubles tonight including a triple double by iguadala (also holiday missed a d/d by 2 assists). 7 players in double figures. that's a solid effort all around.

nice 10-4 run to head into the all star break with as many wins as they had all of last year. nice turn around this year.

quick thought, i doubt they trade iggy at this point, but if they do it would be interesting to see if collins trys out the point-forward role with turner too--- just cuz he's more comfortable handling the ball than working off it. though he has been much better off the ball now than at the beginning of the year. just a thought.

schedule is really soft after the break too.

also---kyle lowry is fucking awesome. helluv game from the nova alum :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    it doesn't matter how many games they win since they're losing in round 1 of the playoffs
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    it doesn't matter how many games they win since they're losing in round 1 of the playoffs

that depends on whether or not you believe you have your franchise players.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that depends on whether or not you believe you have your franchise players.

they don't. need stars to win in the NBA. sixers don't have any. holiday could be one, but he's not yet.

who takes the last shot for the sixers in a close playoff game? elton brand :?

noah and boozer are gonna abuse this team come playoff time (I do think sixers will pass NY for the 6 seed)
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the sixers....locking all windows and doors....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Is the shot clock "unplugged"

He's so annoying
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

He's so annoying

elton brand....."amongst the timber!"

he's awful...but great at the same time. i don't know how to explain it. like a cheesy 80's song that you know is not good but still enjoy. eh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He's so annoying

he's awful...but great at the same time. i don't know how to explain it. like a cheesy 80's song that you know is not good but still enjoy. eh?

I'm with you on this...I like zumoff's cheese.

'we're runnin tonight from the WF Center'

nothing is worse than mccarthy/wheels
  • Options
    You guys remember when he did the Flyers games for a short stint

:lol:

"A fresh quintet hops onto the ice"

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm with you on this...I like zumoff's cheese.

'we're runnin tonight from the WF Center'

nothing is worse than mccarthy/wheels

good god we agree on something in here. figure its about the announcer. :lol:

"HANG ON STEVE, WE'RE COMIN' IN FOR A LANDING"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

no. was that on prism?

that sounds very zumoffy though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

honestly, I don't remember that at all. Had to be on Prism, which my parents never had.

Flyers have spoiled us with announcers...hart, emerick, JJ. quality shit right there
  • Options

no. was that on prism?

that sounds very zumoffy though.

No..I think it was when Jackson was still doing radio and they were fazing Gene Hart out

He filled in for a bit

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

honestly, I don't remember that at all. Had to be on Prism, which my parents never had.

Flyers have spoiled us with announcers...hart, emerick, JJ. quality shit right there

Philly in general has been pretty good compared to other cities

The Phillies crew blows right now but we have had a great run

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Philly in general has been pretty good compared to other cities

The Phillies crew blows right now but we have had a great run

true
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    They just gotta put Franzke and LA on TV, and everything will be cream cheese.
  • Options

didn't mccarthy sign a long deal when he came back a few years ago?.....and this is franske's last year under contract right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814

didn't mccarthy sign a long deal when he came back a few years ago?.....and this is franske's last year under contract right?

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. Only the worst can happen from here I guess. Sucks if Franzke leaves, he's really really good.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited February 2011

oh god I hope not on both accounts
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on