Options

Single or Married??

Comments

• Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    The Champ wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    Single since Christmas Eve. My ex moved back home after finishing her masters. Its definitely different ending a relationship on completely good terms.

Good terms on both ends? That is different...

Yeah, kinda strange feeling. And I had to do SOOOOO... much work getting her packed and moved out, and ..... (long story short) it was very frustrating. I was so busy, that I really didn't have a chance to deal with the whole thing till she was gone.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mr.pink wrote:
    Single since Christmas Eve. My ex moved back home after finishing her masters. Its definitely different ending a relationship on completely good terms.
    i think the same,plus u must work for that during the relationship
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:

It was really the best relationship I've ever had, and I wonder how much it had to do with the lack of pressure. We had 9 months together and knew she would be leaving the whole time. It was perfect for both of us at the time we got together.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    mr.pink wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:

Good terms on both ends? That is different...

Yeah, kinda strange feeling. And I had to do SOOOOO... much work getting her packed and moved out, and ..... (long story short) it was very frustrating. I was so busy, that I really didn't have a chance to deal with the whole thing till she was gone.

Really never is on terms, just unforeseen circumstances...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Really never is on terms, just unforeseen circumstances...

At least unforseen by one party... I've been on both sides

I've considered dating just foreign students that are only here temporarily :lol:

Seriously though, I have ;)
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:

It was really the best relationship I've ever had, and I wonder how much it had to do with the lack of pressure. We had 9 months together and knew she would be leaving the whole time. It was perfect for both of us at the time we got together.
    and im sure that u will be proud for it..its good when prople know what they want,and pespect the other person wants..sounds like a great story
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    i mean..Married or ALIVE
    Im still ALIVE!!!
    what about u?
    Was married many years ago, now? I'M STILL ALIVE!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    i mean..Married or ALIVE
    Im still ALIVE!!!
    what about u?
    u was rece from the deads!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats!!! :D
  • Options
    Single...and at this point, not complaing about that :D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Im still 'alive' :(
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    maried 17 years :shock:
  • Options
    :shock:
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    :shock:
    dude i know lol
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    mr.pink wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:

Is it really a relationship when you know from the very beginning that it is going to end?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Is it really a relationship when you know from the very beginning that it is going to end?
    i guess not ,but i think if u respect,u try into a relationship.no fight,take step back when it need it u may break up in a good way,a big hug and wish the other good luck
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

me too!
    18 in june!
    :shock: :o:mrgreen:

and if i go by your username...we're about the same age, married young.
    i'd do it all over again, too.

imo a relationship is a relationship...no matter the duration.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    i mean..Married or ALIVE
    Im still ALIVE!!!
    what about u?
    u was rece from the deads!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats!!! :D
    LOL! Never looked at it like that.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options

Absolutely.

Have you thought that all your relationships would last forever? In this one we simply knew what would happen. I didn't want a "forever" type deal, so it was perfect. And we were both definitely "in" it together, spending most of our time together. And we've still comunicated on the internet and she calls sometimes. I think we'll remain friends.

But of course it is a real relationship, there was nothing missing.
  • Options
    and he still alive lol :!:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • Options
    blended1 wrote:
    seems dead meat to me.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:

Absolutely.

Have you thought that all your relationships would last forever? In this one we simply knew what would happen. I didn't want a "forever" type deal, so it was perfect. And we were both definitely "in" it together, spending most of our time together. And we've still comunicated on the internet and she calls sometimes. I think we'll remain friends.

Fair enough, I was interested to see what others thought. I think it certainly changes the game when you already have the end date.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:

Absolutely.

Fair enough, I was interested to see what others thought. I think it certainly changes the game when you already have the end date.
    But don't you still remain friends. Like, how do you just part ways?
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options

Not the duration I was questioning...it was the motive..the end date being known when it began. Just an interesting question, I think anyhow.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:

It would have been smart to start growing apart in November and December, but we just went with our feelings instead. We were already very close and just got closer and closer. The last week though, her mom was here and we had a ton of work to do. It kinda sucked the emotion out of it to a degree. But I was there at the airport till they went into the terminal and that was it.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,493
    Married. I think I'm still alive though...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Not the duration I was questioning...it was the motive..the end date being known when it began. Just an interesting question, I think anyhow.

I understand your questioning. My friends were confused by the situation, as well. My girl and I were very close, we practically lived together. My best friend kept asking, "so she's just gonna leave and thats it? Doesnt usually work that way." There was a lot of head scratching by my friends, lol.
  • Options

i understand, but it's just my thinking...even knowing it would end, if you enter a romantic relationship...it's still a romantic relationship. b/c cmon, just b/c one knows they are going back home after school, a semester abroad, whatever....doesn't make the feelings that may develop any different if you dare allow yourself to get involved. and hey, many, many relationships, and cross-country or nation moves ;)....have come about b/c of relationships started when both parties *knew* it would end in a certain time frame. that's all. motive? unless pure booty call.....if any feelings get in the mix, i think motive is just to be together, when you can while you can. better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...yada yada....ya know what i'm sayin'.... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:

i have never in my life 'remained friends' with an ex. for me i think, why would i? if i had a love/romantic relationship with you and it ended, well...we weren't right for each other. why would i perpetuate the relationship? it's one thing if it was a really long-term relationship, had kids together, whatever...but anything else....why? i mean, i have no animosity towards any of my exes, i am sure if i ran into any of em again i'd be happy to catch up, be happy for any happiness in their lives, etc....but yea, that's it. i have friends, i don't need past loves as friends.

now, if my husband and i ever split, i'd like to think we'd remain friends of some kind. 21 years of being together off and on, hate to not keep in touch, etc....but yea, not like i'd be calling him up to hang out much either. :P i think once sexual, loving relationships end, it just ends it all, mostly. or maybe that's just me. funny too, i've never so much as run into an ex, ever.
    blended1 wrote:
    seems dead meat to me.. :lol::lol::lol:

jealousy is never pretty dimitri....;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
  • Options
    :mrgreen:

jealousy is never pretty dimitri....;)
    isnt that!!!!i just see the future... :lol: