Options

Single or Married??

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i appreciate the relationship i have with my husband more and more with each passing year. the bond grows stronger and deeper.....and there is a happiness and contentment in it, a true understanding, that is just beyond precious. that said, there are days i utterly hate him :twisted: but that does not diminish my overall love for him either. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    i appreciate the relationship i have with my husband more and more with each passing year. the bond grows stronger and deeper.....and there is a happiness and contentment in it, a true understanding, that is just beyond precious. that said, there are days i utterly hate him :twisted: but that does not diminish my overall love for him either. :mrgreen:

That's awesome. I hope to find that kind of relationship. I'm not one for the single life.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Still single, but I'll keep you up to date every month or so.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    not single, lol, but determined to get my license to drive a motorcyle, then i will be married to it, but only for three seasons so it truely is a custom fit
  • Options
    single and sick of it
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

I totally agree. I can't imagine being married to anybody else. But there are times (and I'm sure he'd say the same thing) I imagine putting a pillow over his face. And holding it there.
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Enkidu wrote:

I totally agree. I can't imagine being married to anybody else. But there are times (and I'm sure he'd say the same thing) I imagine putting a pillow over his face. And holding it there.

:lol::lol: Totally understand that!!! Love my man but sometimes .....
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    kenny olav wrote:
    That's awesome. I hope to find that kind of relationship. I'm not one for the single life.

"the single life" is any life you want it to be! that's why it's freaking awesome. I love being single, I just wish it were easier to get a little more action while single. but then again most married people don't get much either...people who are dating get the most. that's why I'd like to get a decent date every now and again. I could stand to have a boyfriend, but I don't think I'd ever enter a legal marriage. the institution is joke in this day in age, we don't need it. people should just be together as they see fit.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

:lol::lol: Totally understand that!!! Love my man but sometimes .....
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    legally separated for just about seven years
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Someone pass me a BUCKET!.....hahaha... :P
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Married almost 17 years...no kids...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    15 years married this coming Sept 16th
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    ENGAGED!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Lauri wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

"the single life" is any life you want it to be! that's why it's freaking awesome. I love being single, I just wish it were easier to get a little more action while single. but then again most married people don't get much either...people who are dating get the most. that's why I'd like to get a decent date every now and again. I could stand to have a boyfriend, but I don't think I'd ever enter a legal marriage. the institution is joke in this day in age, we don't need it. people should just be together as they see fit.

I don't think you can too easily generalize who's getting the most action... ultimately it depends on the individuals themselves and how satisfied they truly are with their partners, be it with one partner or many. But I understand what you're saying to a large degree. I don't feel pressure to get married anymore. I was once engaged and I'm very glad it never went farther than that. I'm glad I never felt pressure to be married to a woman before living with her - it really would have screwed my life up! I don't care if people get married or not, but for me, I know I want to find a lovely lady to share a house and have a kid with, and as silly and as sinister as the origins of marriage are, the fact is the legal benefits kinda do outweigh the bullshit. I will never set foot in a church or buy an expensive ring, but once I do find someone that I'm sure I want to spend my life with, I might as well appease family and society and get it done the normal way, because there's nothing gained by being a fucking purist about it. I know exactly who I'm looking for at this point anyway. Of course, people do change, and if a divorce happens, well fuckity fuck. Life's dumb!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    kenny olav wrote:
    Lauri wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

I don't think you can too easily generalize who's getting the most action... ultimately it depends on the individuals themselves and how satisfied they truly are with their partners, be it with one partner or many. But I understand what you're saying to a large degree. I don't feel pressure to get married anymore. I was once engaged and I'm very glad it never went farther than that. I'm glad I never felt pressure to be married to a woman before living with her - it really would have screwed my life up! I don't care if people get married or not, but for me, I know I want to find a lovely lady to share a house and have a kid with, and as silly and as sinister as the origins of marriage are, the fact is the legal benefits kinda do outweigh the bullshit. I will never set foot in a church or buy an expensive ring, but once I do find someone that I'm sure I want to spend my life with, I might as well appease family and society and get it done the normal way, because there's nothing gained by being a fucking purist about it. I know exactly who I'm looking for at this point anyway. Of course, people do change, and if a divorce happens, well fuckity fuck. Life's dumb!

apparently you've not put much thought into the topic kenny. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    ENGAGED!

I'm with him... but not int that way you're thinking.
  • Options
    ENGAGED!

I'm with him... but not int that way you're thinking.

uh huh.... ;)
  • Options
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    kenny olav wrote:

i need to show my guy this post ;)

alive dimi, no ring on this finger - yet - for now - for awhile - yeh :lol:
    wah
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:

i need to show my guy this post ;)

alive dimi, no ring on this finger - yet - for now - for awhile - yeh :lol:
    still time to run away!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    run...run away..as far as you can.
  • Options
    joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    Getting married on April 30th.

me too 2011
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Single in NJ...
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    single..but considering a Costanza wedding band
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    jones wrote:
    single..but considering a Costanza wedding band
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    5 months til our wedding.

Save the date magnets went out in today's mail.

My fiance picked up her gown yesterday.

Its all getting so real!
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    single, would be happy to find love but if it doesn't come along well thats the way it will be how can i change it
    I know. I don't think ill ever marry cause I fell so hard in love 11 years ago and know ill never love that way again.
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    yatahe wrote:
    single, would be happy to find love but if it doesn't come along well thats the way it will be how can i change it
    I know. I don't think ill ever marry cause I fell so hard in love 11 years ago and know ill never love that way again.
    dont say never again...u will find your way....you dont know what tomorrow brings,what game has life in her mind for u..
    +you never met me... :)
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    What I'm saying is once there it is not possible to go. back and play those old games. I feel like there's a sign on my forhead with a reserved sign...them boys don't want to play with me anymore and vise versa. It's just the way it is and atleast I'm being true to my heart and others too. I'll never be able to love them like they deserve. How could I when my heart is forever with. Someoneelse? This is my story. A sacrifice. But I'm still alive. Too.
    yatahe wrote:
    dont say never again...u will find your way....you dont know what tomorrow brings,what game has life in her mind for u..
    +you never met me... :)
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com