euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• danleridanleri Posts: 497
    danleri wrote:
    after Dublin, Belfast and Berlin next year, I'll have seen PJ 9 times... I need one more gig to round it up to 10! Please schedule another PJ-only gig! No festivals!

I don't understand this 'no festivals' thing people have. Did no one go to Reading in 2006? Pearl Jam were unbelievable that night!

I am totally with you, believe me! I've been to a few festivals in the past and it's great but when it comes to PJ I just want to see them without the hassle of having to see other bands I don't like and be surrounded by non-pj crowd all afternoon... :D

a festival is a festival, a PJ gig is a PJ gig. something else.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • danleri wrote:
    after Dublin, Belfast and Berlin next year, I'll have seen PJ 9 times... I need one more gig to round it up to 10! Please schedule another PJ-only gig! No festivals!

I don't understand this 'no festivals' thing people have. Did no one go to Reading in 2006? Pearl Jam were unbelievable that night!

maybe it's the crowd... a crowd formed only by PJ fans can make the difference...
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    satansbed wrote:
    they are saying the gigs will open at six thrity for dublin and belfast, is this usual or does it mean we will get a few openers

Hey man, don't you remember SBE? All the rumours? The possible EV opening slot? The early doors at about 5:45pm..... then the loooooooong wait for Pearl Jam at nearly 9!

(Still, it was a fucking killer show and I wouldn't change a thing. When they came on and started playing 'sometimes' every fibre of my being expolded in joy.)

yes true true but still manchester didnt open till half seven, i was just wondering does that mean we could have 2 openers like liam finn and ben harper
  • i am not so very happy for udine but i will be there
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    they are saying the gigs will open at six thrity for dublin and belfast, is this usual or does it mean we will get a few openers

Hey man, don't you remember SBE? All the rumours? The possible EV opening slot? The early doors at about 5:45pm..... then the loooooooong wait for Pearl Jam at nearly 9!

(Still, it was a fucking killer show and I wouldn't change a thing. When they came on and started playing 'sometimes' every fibre of my being expolded in joy.)

yes true true but still manchester didnt open till half seven, i was just wondering does that mean we could have 2 openers like liam finn and ben harper

I won't be going but I hope for all of your sakes that you do. Good support is a nice bonus and beats standing around.

Bad support is just annoying, though!

I guess Ben Harper and Liam Finn wouldn't be touring though, as Pearl Jam are playing festivals, so are unlikely to take a regular support on tour with them. There are only a couple of non-festival gigs, for which they will probably just pick up local support.
    we're all going to the same place...
    OH MY GOD NOT PADDY CASEY AGAIN! PLEASE!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    satansbed wrote:

I won't be going but I hope for all of your sakes that you do. Good support is a nice bonus and beats standing around.

I guess Ben Harper and Liam Finn wouldn't be touring though, as Pearl Jam are playing festivals, so are unlikely to take a regular support on tour with them. There are only a couple of non-festival gigs, for which they will probably just pick up local support.

are you going to berlin??

there could be a few bands who will be around for the festivals at the weekend and then could support during the week
  • satansbed wrote:

there could be a few bands who will be around for the festivals at the weekend and then could support during the week

Yeah, I had big plans but we'll only manage Berlin and Gdynia due to work commitments. I'm satisfied with that though, twice is two times more than I expected this summer :)

I haven't seen any listings for Opener festival with what bands will be there but the headline and support are usually good, the rest are locals and unknowns. Whoever is in Berlin, I hope it isn't Linkin Park again!
    satansbed wrote:

Yeah, I had big plans but we'll only manage Berlin and Gdynia due to work commitments. I'm satisfied with that though, twice is two times more than I expected this summer :)

I haven't seen any listings for Opener festival with what bands will be there but the headline and support are usually good, the rest are locals and unknowns. Whoever is in Berlin, I hope it isn't Linkin Park again!

a few pints in berlin anyway!!! yeah linkin park would be worse than paddy casey
  • danleri wrote:
    danleri wrote:

I am totally with you, believe me! I've been to a few festivals in the past and it's great but when it comes to PJ I just want to see them without the hassle of having to see other bands I don't like and be surrounded by non-pj crowd all afternoon... :D

a festival is a festival, a PJ gig is a PJ gig. something else.

I'm no festivals fan per se, but if PJ are headlining then as long as you only buy a ticket for one day it becomes a PJ gig as far as I'm concerned. And the support bands might (or might not, admittedly) just be better than Gomez.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
    I've already heard around here that Gomez weren't much appreciated in Berlin last summer... I personally like them a lot, went to see them at the Academy last week and it was very good. Sure they could've played their rockers instead of their more "mellow" stuff... and there's no comparison with that shit band I don't even want to mention and that constantly lamenting eardrum-breaking Irish guy I won't mention again...
  • Is there any cheap flights from Berlin to Gdansk?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • I'm no festivals fan per se, but if PJ are headlining then as long as you only buy a ticket for one day it becomes a PJ gig as far as I'm concerned. And the support bands might (or might not, admittedly) just be better than Gomez.

Not a huge Gomez fan but I thought that they at least made the effort. They can clearly play, they have want to do more than the bare minimum like a lot of bands; they just fuck it up by having too many singers. Let the dude with the foghorn voice do the singing and build the band around him, they are trying too hard to be different when they are actually good enough musicians not to need to do that.
  • Is there any cheap flights from Berlin to Gdansk?

try LOT or CENTRAL WINGS
    I'm no festivals fan per se, but if PJ are headlining then as long as you only buy a ticket for one day it becomes a PJ gig as far as I'm concerned. And the support bands might (or might not, admittedly) just be better than Gomez.

Not a huge Gomez fan but I thought that they at least made the effort. They can clearly play, they have want to do more than the bare minimum like a lot of bands; they just fuck it up by having too many singers. Let the dude with the foghorn voice do the singing and build the band around him, they are trying too hard to be different when they are actually good enough musicians not to need to do that.

yeah i didint think gomez were awful, they didnt blow me away but certainly not a disgrace
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I'd love for Kings Of Leon or My Morning Jacket to open for PJ again.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • satansbed wrote:

yeah i didint think gomez were awful, they didnt blow me away but certainly not a disgrace

I didn't think they were awful either, just a bit dull.

There is a fair chance Hard Rock Calling will put a pretty decent support line-up together, based on what they've done in the past, but only time will tell.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Is there any cheap flights from Berlin to Gdansk?

try LOT or CENTRAL WINGS

No Central Wings anymore... The only convenient flight seems to be LOT via Warsaw. Costs about 170 euro, you leave Berlin at 8 am and are in Gdansk (which is next to Gdynia - they are both a part of so called Tri-City) at 2 pm.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    its fair to say gomez were capaable but boring every night, except for that one song i liked,.....something travel
  • roubal wrote:

try LOT or CENTRAL WINGS

No Central Wings anymore... The only convenient flight seems to be LOT via Warsaw. Costs about 170 euro, you leave Berlin at 8 am and are in Gdansk (which is next to Gdynia - they are both a part of so called Tri-City) at 2 pm.

We'll be driving from Wrocław, so may have a place or two in the car... but it's a bit early to start thinking about that! I don't even have Open'er tickets yet!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Ummm...ok, so now i came up with the thought to do an InterRail sort of thing after Berlin heading all the way down to Lisbon for a Grande Finale....my (financial) sanity says NO WAY :evil: but my heart says FOR THE LOVE OF GLORIFIED G, Y E S!!! :twisted:
    Temptation is too big...I'm afraid I'll have to work my ass off pretty soon to get it all compensated... :?

Am I sick?
  • When are they going to confirm 06.07.2010 Udine, Stadio Friuli, Italy? :D
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • only london left ,.berlin-sold out too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Paka wrote:
    Ummm...ok, so now i came up with the thought to do an InterRail sort of thing after Berlin heading all the way down to Lisbon for a Grande Finale....my (financial) sanity says NO WAY :evil: but my heart says FOR THE LOVE OF GLORIFIED G, Y E S!!! :twisted:
    Temptation is too big...I'm afraid I'll have to work my ass off pretty soon to get it all compensated... :?

Am I sick?
    u are ALIVE my friend :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • roubal wrote:

try LOT or CENTRAL WINGS

:o :shock: 170 euros the transfer from berlin to poland?????who im Rockfeller???
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    only london left ,.berlin-sold out too

There's a total of about 45-50.000 tickets for HRC.... I don't know how many tix 10C got but I would think it's a nice number!
  • roubalroubal Posts: 82
    :o :shock: 170 euros the transfer from berlin to poland?????who im Rockfeller???

There are plenty of different options. You can take a bus to Szczecin and then a train to Gdynia. You'll pay like 30 euro. There are also direct trains, I think.
  • satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

we will drinking so much from morning in berlin,and when pj are on stage,the sun will go down..O.M.G...MAGIC!!!!!
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    its fair to say gomez were capaable but boring every night, except for that one song i liked,.....something travel
    Gomez.i didnt see their face..4 shows..not once..terrible band
  • redrock wrote:
    only london left ,.berlin-sold out too

There's a total of about 45-50.000 tickets for HRC.... I don't know how many tix 10C got but I would think it's a nice number!
    10c takes 10% most of the times..O.M.G...can u imagine 4000 of us there??????what a mess!!!!! :D